main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Kato Sai
    The Stands

Kato voided a black substance, perhaps the tar of his melted mask, thus allowing him to speak.

I understand my lord, equals we never were, for you are the Emperor’s Heir, endowed with arcane curiosities I cannot fathom. I am but a blunt instrument, a blade, a saber, which is most effective in service rather than rule.”

Kato voided more black matter, it made his light headed, or perhaps that was the fever from the heat.

Peon.. I would gladly be the Empire’s Peon for eons if it meant I could return. For I discovered in this wandering, this self imposed exile, that which matters most, love. Specifically Philo, or friendship love. I have been starved of it, for only in Sith have I seen those of like heart, whom in kinship is felt. That I caste such fellowship aside in my impulse is a great grief to me, one that has weighted my soul down and given me great sorrow.”

Kato drew more tar from his lungs, his breathing laborious.

Disappearing acts have been to my determinate, and I ask pardon for the damage done to you and others. What will hold me steady in the dark side is you, and all the Sith who I treasure more than the crystals that power my sabers. Fellowship, community, these I desire most. I once sought knowledge (gnosis), now knowing (ginosko). For to me the dark side’s greatest treasure is the comrades we make, the brothers and sisters we forge in our quest for power. For this I am willing to be immolated as Lord Ravenous.”

Kato coughed, the last bit of black ooze came from his throat.

No more disappearing acts. I shall only disappear once more, on the day of my death. This I swear to you Crescent, Heir of the Emperor.”

TAG: @Shadowsun

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Darth Azathoth
    The Stands

Azathoth nodded his head, looking to the broken man, a smile spread on Azathoth's face. It was a rare smile, not one of sadistic glee, or of dry humor or even that of a forced smile. It was a genuine smile. Azathoth could not remember the last time he had given such a smile. He stood before his old foe, standing tall above him. 'Heir of the Emperor'... he had been called that by him and Dark Lord Manticore. The Emperor himself enticing him with the possibility. He recalled when he had dueled Manticore, when he had lost his arm for the first time Azathoth had declared himself as such, gifting his arm to his then Master as he then partook of his flesh.

What that title meant, and the legacy of it had yet to unfold.

"You have shown growth, my old friend. Go before the Triumvirate and speak these words as you have spoken them to me, for they already know of what you have said, for they watch and see all... go and do this Kato Sai. I have your vow and I shall keep you to it. "

TAG: @Kato Sai

Mentions: @Sinrebirth @Lady Belligerent @greyjedi125

OOC: Go send them a PM Kato.

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    The post made with approval of the amazing @HanSolo29

IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

Bell had felt a flutter of danger mere milliseconds before the Wookiee released his noxious gas. She’d quickly held her own breath, and things had quickly spiraled within the ‘Pit.

She knew too well what her Master was capable of, but he never failed to impress. Bell didn’t want to be nearby and was preparing to grab Aryan and distance them both from the white hot flames and heat, but Azathoth appeared and grabbed the Emperor for her. She nodded her approval and they retreated to a place far enough away to avoid more burns, yet they could still watch if desired.

Bell heard Azathoth’s comments to Aryan and smiled. She lifted her hand and smothered the flames that had been licking at the young Sith’s garments. “Thank you,” she said as she placed her palm against his burns and gave them a bit of healing. She wanted to see to Aryan, but was pleased Azathoth had followed her orders.

She knelt down and quickly checked Aryan over, he didn’t appear seriously injured. He likely got a small breath of the gas and passed out, his breathing was very slow and shallow, which told her that he may have protected his lungs without realizing it.

Then without thinking it over, she leaned down, placing her face close to his, and gripped his jaw to open his mouth and then quickly sealed her lips over his. She blew air forcefully into his lungs, and when she suddenly felt a shift, she sat back on her heels. His eyes blinked open and he looked a little confused. She gave him a few quick details on what had transpired and how Azathoth had saved him from any burns. She pulled her own cloak around and showed him the singed edges from Insipid’s brilliant flames. Her actions were affecting her, and it make her speak faster, she was fairly certain that Aryan didn’t realize she had placed her mouth on his to clear his lungs with fresh air, or she really hoped he didn’t. This was all for appearances, but why did she feel so odd over it? It was nothing that she wouldn’t have done for Insipid or Manticore, or would she?

After a moment she abruptly stood and offered him a hand up. The stench of burning flesh, both Wookiee and assorted species, filled the air and she had no desire to view burned flesh…unless she was doing the burning.

She removed a flask from under her cloak and took a drink before offering it to Aryan.

Tag: @HanSolo29 @Shadowsun and other Sith mentioned

4. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous
    Freedom or Fire

He knew the attack wouldn't succeed. With the combined might of the Triumvirate a simple maelstrom of bone and sinew would only make his intentions known and cause an action. An action from their Emperor. The Sith-Spawn would feel his wrath spindled with his hate and fiery passion.

Two blazing beams were brought down upon Ravenous. In an effort to show the Emperor some kind of fight he brought forth an outstretched hand to try to absorb the technique with his own; Tutaminis.

The radius of the flaming plume shrunk but the power was too much and it had been so long since he relied on the force, one could say he lost his faith in their warped religion.

His hand burst into flames and he was consumed by the fire.

His mutant skin bubbled and cracked replacing itself in patches of regenerating skin resembling a moving mural of charred and regenerating flesh.

The pain was immense

The howling defiant screams were heard..

His eyes filled a golden-red and the Sith-Spawn would take it; at least a bit longer just to make a point before he would perish. If one could see through the blaze they would see the beast's eyes fixated upon the Emperor and Insipid would feel the hate behind them yet the flames would still take the physical sight; it was an act. Not only that, Insipid would revel and drink it as thick as it was.

Ravenous collapsed from a kneeled position and the flame would continue, until the Emperor deemed it so.

And the Beast would be conscious for all of it.

His face grinded across the sand-now-glass, tearing more charred flesh from his face to see his sabers melting and revealing the crystals inside.

They glowed intensely and eventually gave out causing a large explosion to which he was thrown into the wall of the arena, his back shattering in half as he was driven through the wall into the stone foundation of the spectator stands. His crooked frame began to mend and for the first time he wished ispectators. Anyone still in the pit would feel the effects of the blast.

To perish would be to win..

It would be...

Freedom.

@Sinrebirth @Lady Belligerent @greyjedi125 @Shadowsun @Kato Sai @darthbernael @Narancia
    Anyone else spectating.

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Darth Manticore
    Revealed by Fire

This he could not have imagined, for he was not a being given to flights of the imagination, yet, his eyes beheld what the flames revealed this day.

Darth Tormentum had truly fallen low, for he was in shambles, less than a shade of his former self, even as he issued an impassioned appeal to the Sith for reconciliation, as coaxed by one Darth Azathoth. Such raw exposure of the soul was indeed a rare thing to behold.

Was this...weakness? or did it take considerable strength to admit such things, to voice one’s failures? Manticore recognized this. This, was the quiet strength that came after the breaking, a state he himself was familiar with. The fallen one wished to be reformed, to be made stronger. Manticore nodded to himself. Tormentum’s appeal would not fall upon deaf ears- at least he could grant him that.

As for the burning pyre that Darth Ravenous had become…

The Emperor’s Footman’s fate was solely in the hands of Dark Lord Insipid now. For the freedom he sought could only be granted by the one he was bound to - and by no other agency or power.

These two scenes, though dramatic, were not necessarily exclusive of each other, for they bespoke of multi-layered journeys for those involved. Manticore flinched from a painful jolt as he gathered the force about himself, then bounded in a single leap to the Triumvir’s box. Once there he took his place among the Circle of Lords and mused as to what would come next, even as the fates of two sith played out upon the arena floor.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @WookieeRage, @Kato Sai, @Shadowsun, all mentioned *

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum
    Stands

The Fallen had taken the advice of the Emperor’s Heir. He had appealed to The Triumvirate and in The Force they had answered. Tormentum could scarcely believe their benevolence, that here at the breaking of Lord Ravenous in flame, Tormentum was raised from death. For it had been death ever since his self imposed exile; he had been nothing but an animated corpse, wandering the galaxy; seeking, never finding. Here at the feet of the Triumvirate he had been reborn, life having filled the walking sepulchre. Now Tormentum felt strength fill his muscles, and the heat of the White Wrath became bearable, still burning his armor, but inside Tormentum felt it no longer held chastisement for him, nor contempt. It was as if the White Flame was alive, an entity, perhaps Triumvir Inspid’s own spirit was in it, or maybe Tormentum was light headed from the heat and imagining things. Whatever the truth of the White Wrath’s nature, Tormentum made his way down from back stands to were Triumvir Ballorum and Aryan where.

“Can I offer any assistance Milady? I live to serve.”

Note: I mean Milady in this sense, “used to address or refer to an English noblewoman or great lady.” Not in the creepy Anakin way in AOTC.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent
    Mentioned @Sinrebirth
    @Shadowsun

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

“All is well, Tormentum,” Bellorum nodded to the young Sith, “rejoin the festivities- uh the burning.”

Tag: @Kato Sai

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Mezzanine, The Stands, The Pit

The Young Blood bowed his head to the Dark Lady and placed his hand on his metal torso armor.

“As you wish Milady.”

Tormentum then turned to see the White Blaze which now was so close. The Peon felt the emotions of the Wookiee, and its desire to be set free. Freedom from the very thing Tormentum considered the greatest treasure of all. Why was Lord Ravenous doing this? Why when he had ascended so far to Footman would he forgo his place? Tormentum wasn’t worthy to judge, he too had fallen. But his fall was from acolyte, not Footman of the Triumvirate. The newly christened Peon refused to accept this was what The Lord of Hunger wanted. He tried to reach out with his mind to speak to the Sithspawn. Nothing. He was foolish to try, his powers untested, untried, and immature. Still Tormentum struggled, taking on a portion of the torment himself, like a Sin Eater. Then it happened, Tormentum shouted down where the explosion had taken place:

“Lord of Hunger yield! Yield to our Emperor! Don’t destroy yourself! Remember the Reeks, and how you called me Taker of Pain! There are new generations of Sith who must know your name! The one Wookiee who mastered the dark side! The Jedi have their own Wookiee slaves, but you are no slave! The dark side promises us freedom from our chains! Do not destroy yourself!”

It poured out of Tormentum like a song. Why was he so moved? Could he be wrong? Was there something he could not see, perhaps this pyre was a voluntary lesson in dissent? Perhaps even The Emperor was behind it, to show Peons and Acolytes the true power of the dark side and the fate of insubordinate behavior? Tormentum wanted to believe that. But the evidence seen and what had been said was plain. Lord Ravenous seemed to want death. Perhaps this was a teaching too advanced for the Peon to grasp. Still Tormentum knew he had to act, to try and save the Woookie Sithspawn if what his eyes beheld and his ears heard be true. Tormentum may look a fool if he misinterpreted what he saw, but if he errored, it was to save the Empire one of most valiant warriors of all.

TAG: @WookieeRage
    @Lady Belligerent
    Mentioned @Sinrebirth

9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Darth Bernael

Sitting in the stands once more, ensconced in the shadows beside his mate, Bernael's head cocked to the side for a moment. Had he heard what the young Peon had said correctly. He went over the words once more, yes...that is what the young one had said. He sat forward, wisps of smoke still rising from his armor and cloak.

He listened, with his ears and senses. Squeezing his mate's hand once more he slowly slipped from the shadow, until he stood at the rail above where the Peon was railing at Ravenous. The corner of his lips turned up as he nudged Tormentum with the Force. "Excuse me, but I wonder why you keep referring to him as the Lord of Hunger?" he asked in a flat but urbane tone, his hand gesturing out at the pillar of fire in the midst of the Pit. "The Emperor named a Lord of Hunger and that worthy is currently speaking to you."

TAG: @Kato Sai

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Stands, The Pit

The Peon felt the transference, the emotions poured into him from Sith Spawn, emotions so primal and fierce, it nearly turned Tormentum into a beast. Only with the mistress, Bogan, was he able to reign it in enough not to sieze his body like a conduit. He had been foolish to do this, for the Wookiee was not a tame Wookiee, but the most ferocious Sith Spawn he’d met in the ring. Tormentum’s only hope was his concern was conveyed, that this violation was not to control Lord Ravenous like a Reek, but to contact him.

The Peon’s ears perked at a familiar voice, one he knew from his days as an acolyte. The Azanti had asked a question and you never ignored an Azanti, those who made soup of the mind. Tormentum looked to his old friend and gave reply:

“Lord Hunger was a title I once knew him by, I think it pertains to his feral Wookieee feeding frenzy, that I was spared in our duel. If that title belongs to you milord, forgive my ignorance, It was not a challenge. I am trying to reach Lord Ravenous before its too late. He gave me a Second Chance too, a second duel as a Sith Peon, I owe him for letting me settle a debt that Lord Serapis once rightfully addressed.”

The Peon gave a bow. He knew much had transpired in his long exile, and so he looked to his betters to set him straight.

TAG: @darthbernael
    @WookieeRage
    Mentioned @DarthIshyZ

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Barbecue

There was something awfully relieving about letting go for once. No politicking, no nodding along, no pontificating. Just death.

And the best bit about Ravenous?

He was very hard to kill.

Insipid could enjoy it.

Let loose.

Transform the center of the Pit into a work of art, into a glass monument to the sins of the Sith. But while he was here… why not remodel? Eyes glowing yellow, he intensified the heat, watching Ravenous wilt, reshape and reform but always shrink. The white flame became tinted with a pure red, as the very colours split beneath his power.

The impact would be to cause the energy to reflect across the Pit, to inevitably, murderously, melt the entire structure - the whole arena. The stands would fold, the edges of the place would begin to liquefy, the Box itself began to break free and sag.

And Insipid laughed.

Laughed and laughed and laughed.

And then, just as it would seem as if he intended to kill them all, to start over with a New Sith Order in the place of what he now had, when Ravenous was driven down to the size of no more than a common house pet, Insipid relented as the Box hung to the pit wall by little else but stubbornness.

He did not trouble himself with the state of the Sith.

He had made his point.

Leaving Ravenous in this stage would be punishment enough.

Much of the Pit a twisted but beautiful glass statue to his fate.

For the rest it was merely an object lesson.

With a snap of his fingers, he vanished.

His judgment made.

TAG: @WookieeRage, @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @darthbernael, @Shadowsun, @Kato Sai

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Darth Manticore
    A Conflagration

The Emperor’s assault on Ravenous did not relent, as the Sith spawn’s form charred, disintegrated, then regenerated over and over again, but each time it reformed, it was smaller than the last.

Manticore’s eyes narrowed as he sought to analyze what he was seeing, the agonized howling from Ravenous going largely ignored. Was this an execution or something else?

The zabrak’s dark musings came to a sudden end when Insipid's powerful flames changed tint and were suffused in red, then spread all over the arena, destroying everything in their path -their progress controlled by the Emperor who simply laughed.

Manticore found himself launching his form away from the Box and flipping backwards for some distance, until he'd reached the top of the outer wall. Once there, he would visually search for other Sith amidst the Emperor’s Conflagration.

So; It would seem that a point was being made. Well, Manticore mused that perhaps he understood.

This was the Era and Rule of Sith Emperor Insipid, and he, by dint of station had the right to reshape or remake his order as he saw fit. Either subtly or by Force. A small smile appeared upon the Zabrak’s black lips.

"I see..."

Change was the only constant. There were those within the Sith Order who well understood this principle, and others who would never learn. The math was all too simple. The inability to change was a consignment to oblivion. After the harvest the chaff would burn.

It took courage to accept change. Long ago, that had been a hard lesson to learn, even for the Zabrak.

Manticore slowly nodded as he now understood. If individual Sith had to be broken then reformed in order to grow stronger, then the same was true of the Sith Order itself.

“For the Sith….” Manticore rasped, mostly to himself, then began counting those who found it within themselves to survive the immediacy of the moment. Those who were brave enough to make the transition from the old ways to the new.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @WookieeRage, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @darthbernael, @Silvertough, @Shadowsun, @Narancia, @Nehru_Amidala, @Kato Sai

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Crucible

The Peon beheld the power of the dark side. The Emperor unleashing a new fire that not only humbled Lord Ravenous, but the entire arena, stands, and the Order itself. Would the Triumvir reshape the Empire? It was within his power, the Peon knew that he was witnessing a Force god, one who’s command of its power was so vast the Ancients would bow down and worship. And so Tormentum did, he got on his knees and chanted in rapture at the rancor of the regal power. The heat melted the seats all around, and the Peon’s armor burned away, unable to take any more abuse. Tormentum was in a trance, would he perish? He was glimpsing into the divine, and if the cost was death, then so be it.

Then all at once the blaze stopped. Lord Ravenous remained alive, or in state that imitated life. The Emperor had relented and spared the Sith Spawn. In this moment Tormentum’s naked face, riddled with scars like roads of a canyon, filled with tears. The Wookiee was alive, “he felt it.” Triumvir Insipid had show mercy, and how great was the mercy, for with such wrath he could have ended all, but instead he gave clemency to all. It was in this moment the Peon knew he served a just and noble Emperor. And that the lies of the Jedi, claiming Sith have no mercy were unfounded, for the powers we wield demand we be merciful daily or else there would be few of us.

TAG: @Sinrebirth
    @WookieeRage
    Everyone Else

14. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous

The spectators foundation became a kiln as the Emperor's flames intensified. The Sith-Spawn was the clay.

The skin and muscle was no longer existent. Somehow.. somehow the Beast was alive for it all. No eyes, nothing to hear. He took it all.

Somehow he was still alive.
    The Beast coughed up carbon; the remnants of his own charred corpse.

"Do with me what you will Insipid... Before the Alchemy takes hold."

For once, Ravenous didn't regenerate his connection to the Darkside was cut off. His body was burned of all meat to channel the force. He was a vessel of emptiness and he had nothing to give. His life was an endless cycle of being a servant. The Emperor was strong. But how many times can you keep a disobedient dog alive?

@Sinrebirth @Kato Sai @Shadowsun

All Sith!

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Stands

The Peon looked down upon what remained of Lord Ravenous. What was left many would claim was hideous, but he was alive or so it seemed to Tormentum. The fur, the flesh, all burned away by the Emperor’s fire.

The Peon felt a pang of sympathy. This was the Wookiee who had helped forged his nature, “Taker of Pain,” “Tormentum.” The Peon’s very identity had a stamp of the Sith Spawn. This stirred the Young Warrior to offer aid, to leap into the Pit, what was left of it, and help Ravenous recover. Alas Tormentum would not violate the ritual, nor step between The Force god and his dog. So he watched, taking on some of the torment caused by the sight of the Footman filleted and devoid of natural form.

TAG: @WookieeRage
    @Sinrebirth Mentioned

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Stands silently outside, shakes her head is dismay.........

always with big displays of nothingness........:rolleyes:

sighs and returns to the Jedi Temple.

17. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    The Stands

The Pit was now silent and quiet, the chaotic events that had transpired coming to a close. Azathoth's gaze then cast to that of Insipid. He was sure the Emperor had not forgotten Azathoth's challenge and request to duel him. A test that Azathoth inscribed to himself to see how far he had come. There was no doubt in his mind that his former Master could kill him with a mere gesture of his hand as he had done so to the Wookie just now.

But Azathoth, the 'Patient Sith', had waited until the current business was over, that and that the parallel Trial of Power would come to a close before. Which was now the case. Ah... how long he had waited to enact this moment... delayed by the madness of the Pit that he thought had resolved long ago, and now it finally seemed resolved.

His eyes then trailed to the Emperor, the frustration from the entire ordeal building up within, but was subdued, controlled to serve Azathoth's own purposes. He made his way to him, his knee bent in reverence as he looked up to his once Master.

[​IMG]

"My Emperor, who found me lost and adrift in a dying world, grace me so that you may hear my request,
    I have surpassed the Tormented Kato.
    I have lain waste to the Impetuous Tobbi.
    I have witnessed the Hunger of Bernael and the Judgement of Iudex.
    I have tasted the Hate of Manticore
    And yet my journey is far from over. For now, I wish to test myself again.
    To be broken and reformed,
    such is the Way of the Sith.
    You have agreed to this, that much is true,
    but now I ask again to affirm that choice...
    Battle with me"

Mentions for @Kato Sai @Narancia @darthbernael @Silvertough @greyjedi125

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    The broken pit

The place had taken a beating.

Burned, petrified, glassed.

The beautiful structure was pockmarked with craters, a hundred thousand hairline fractures visible, cutting again and again the light that shone through it.

The pit was a prism.

A prism of pain.

Insipid could feel it, the noise of it all.

The keening scream, as parts which had already shattered were simply held in place by gravity, by the scrape of the next pieces against the next against the next.

A tower holding precariously.

The Emperor had done this.

Inflicted this great and terrible wound upon a sacred place.

Had he done right?

Had he done wrong?

His latest named heir stood before him, and Insipid wondered if matters would ever be different.

If his tyranny would ever end.

[​IMG]

Darth Insipid checked himself, his lightsaber hilt, his paired holdouts, one under each arm, his woven cloak, his tunic, secured and fastened.

"A battle with me is a battle with yourself," he said, softly.

He stepped free from the Box, half suspended by the arena, and floated down.

"Are you ready?"

19. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017

Azathoth smiled at the Emperor's words, joining him in the pit as he leaped down. He had made a note to ensure everything was accounted for. The young Sith was feeling rather agitated at the moment, but not by his former Master's words.

His own elaborate robes were worn as he lowered his hood, looking to the Emperor. He donned them on as he had served as Magistrate and then again during the time of feasting, it only stood to reason that this occasion called for it, if not more so.

[​IMG]
    His eyes were focused in with a honed precision, looking to the Emperor, their long hair mirroring each other, perhaps echoing Insipid's talk of 'fighting himself'.

[​IMG]
    "I am ready," he simply stated.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Insipid
    begin

He lowered his hood, and ensured his cloak merely rested on his shoulders.

With a solemn act of thought, he gave himself permission to destroy the Sith Order and rebuild it from scratch.

[​IMG]

I destroy to create.

Aloud, he stated.

"Begin."

21. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017

With the single command, Azathoth rushing over to Insipid, his lightsaber gripped in his right hand as he came to swing at the side of the Emperor. A touch of mirth as four beskar needles flowed out of Azathoth's robes, arching around him like tendrils out of his back.

[​IMG]
    Their movements sharp and yet fluid as them sped around the back of Insipid, coming in to attack from behind. The feelings within Azathoth dredged up and brought into physical form. His anger, his wrath made manifest. So many questions of his mind, so much he wanted to ask Insipid, but for now they would fight.

22. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Bernael

From the shadows he'd occupied, Bernael vaulted into the air, leaping higher, until he took a spot in the Imperial box, the viewing spot of the High Lords and Triumvirs. He reached out to the crowd, a chalice of some beverage, it mattered not, and some snacks, popcorn seemed to a favorite here, settled onto the rail of the viewing area. He looked down, taking in the Emperor and his latest former apprentice, Azathoth, as they stood facing each other.

He would not interfere, at all, because this was a personal test Azathoth had set himself. One that could render him unusable, or raise him to new heights. The battle should be an intriguing one and the opportunity to see his own, long before, Master in a duel once more could not be missed. Those that would miss it were themselves out of sorts with what was currently taking place.

A soft smile crossed his face, fire and flame, ice and the grinding of the land by it, were not the only ways to clear and rebuild. And this, while 'merely' a duel, was also a step in that plan that he was sure had already been fully prepared in the Emperor's mind. He was the Emperor's will made manifest and as one of his High Lords he would enforce that will, even as it resculpted things.

He shook his head, such musing was for later, for now, he was to watch the battle before him. Especially, he thought with a grin, as this was a battle between father and son.

TAGS: @Shadowsun, @Sinrebirth

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    pleased

The whistling blades darted around behind him, and Insipid lifted his arms, his cloak a flailing shape behind him, and two minor exertions of the Force ensued.

One, to ensnare the daggers in the cloak, endeavoring to enfold them -

Two, to his heels with the Force, to propel himself forward -

He did not ignite a blade though it was to hand, instead he arrested his motion so that he would stand before Azathoth with the intent to place a hand on his shoulder.

He had made it so he presented no threat, no danger. Save for his movement, there was no warning in the Force, no cry of anticipation or panic for him to interpret.

Insipid had no malice towards Azathoth.

None whatsoever.

He even kept the emitter pointed down, away from his body.

24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Azathoth

Azathoth simply froze, the look on his face one of confusion. He did not flinch or squirm at Insipid's touch... he had expected his attack not to succeed but this... he did not know what to make of this.

The honey-tongued Sith was, rarely in his life, lost for words. The anger that he was calling upon subdubed. His eyes looking up to Insipid's eyes, Azathoth's filled with bewilderment, taking in Insipid's face. He had never seen it so close before, seeing it closer now he realized how similar indeed they looked to each other.

"I-Insipid?" was all he was able to say, the question not accurate and perhaps in any other context rude, his natural-born reaction to the actions taken.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    close

He looked down at the younger man.

They were approximately the same height, and their eye colours were similar, now, anyway.

They had both been born with different coloration, after all.

Behind them, the cape smothered the daggers, dropping them to the floor with a reduced thud.

He leaned closer to Azathoth, arching his chin and exposing his neck as he whispered into his ear, almost intimately, but yet... it was not... it was familiar...

"Fly."

A Force push slammed into the man's shoulder from his hand.

And yet, still no malicious intent.

Still no violence promised.

Insipid's feelings were open to Azathoth, but none of them spoke of an intent to injure or wound or maim.