main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum
    Disordered Times

Even as visions filled the Peon’s head he sensed Lord Azathoth, and felt his anguish. He drank it. The words and feelings of the Heir were enough to tear out the heart of the Titan. Ah futility.. the Void, how Tormentum knew it well. Everything seemed disordered, which would test Sith, for order was their nature. Everyone was being tested, and this trial, this loss whether brief or long, had split soul and bone. The God Emperor was Pater, to Lord Azathoth possibly by blood, but in spirit to all the Sith he was Father. Now they stood at dirge, each hoping, travailing, and waiting.. yes waiting to see if from the ashes there would be rebirth in its many forms.

TAG:
    @Shadowsun
    @Lady Belligerent @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @darthbernael @darthhelinith

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    incarnate

My boy, you see.

The Sith inculcated itself upon the man who had embraced his body as it died.

A wisp ran from Azathoth's heart and revealed a spirit shaded in red, bereft of legs but evident, eyes glowing not yellow but white.

It is what we struggle against that defines us.

A dry chuckle.

It is what we shed which defines our success.

He lifted a hand to the others, mainly to placate Helinith, who he had broken more than once over a possession. Indeed, Circle Lord Aryan Graul had suffered similarly. A nod of appreciation to Circle Lord Bernael for his efforts.

Azathoth's hand lifted in turn; his jaw moved and spoke with an unnatural tone.

"As some of you anticipated, I am not yet gone."

He gestured to the ashes at the foot of Azathoth. "Though I'd appreciate these being collected up, Circle Lord Bellorum."

Again Azathoth's hand moved with his, next to his chest.

"I needed someone strong enough in heart to kill me and create the necessary bond between him and I to create, not destroy. That bond is not sufficient in places; not anymore..." eyes took in some, and all, and none. "... and in others it has been lessened, or anticipated to be a drain rather than a boon."

Another snort.

"There is strength in rebirth, Azathoth. In our sins consuming us fully and totally. If those we define us against crumble, or are lacking, we need only create them anew, and seek new foes, and new rivals. The mewling of those we are better than, it is nothing to lament save for that they were too weak to grow beyond their own weakness."

Insipid turned his spiritual self to meet Azathoth's eyes.

"You are not that weak. You are strong enough to bear the weight of your ultimate success, the most terrible of things. I am most proud of you, that you have helped me shed my weakness - that old shell, it was becoming too sentimental, too attached. Now, I will move forward and reap the terrible chaos upon our foes."

His voice had emphasis on our.

"I shall break the old and forge the new with you by my side."

He turned to gaze upon the gathered Sith - those present, and those absent.

"But who else?"

He gestured to Azathoth.

"My Voice speaks, and you shall listen."

A snarl.

"To do otherwise is to demean the sacrifice that I make ruling you rabble; the loss of my sense of self."

His words became a crescendo.

"There is no death, there is only the Force. My Force."

His hands, Azathoth's hands, they clawed and reached into the sky, drawing upon an incredible power - a surge of electricity that struck Azathoth and in pain knit his wounds, sealed his sores, burnished his bruises, repaired his bones, fired his heart.

Dark side healing.

Insipid's words became apart of that thunder.

A Sith who takes another for granted, any of us, who lords when there is nothing to lord over, who prattles about past glories without current ones, who ingratiates on the corpses of those loyal, who is absent for our victories but eager to triumph our struggles and defeats...

The lightning passed, along with the booms of noise, and he faded back into Azathoth, his words a whisper in the ears and hearts of all.

They are not True Sith. Fear not my rearrangement of the cosmos if you are True.

3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    O Night Divine

The Peon heard it, the familiar voice of his God and Emperor. The Titan fell prostrate by the sheer force of the words:

There is no Death. There is only the Force. My Force.”

The words washed over the Sith Spectra like a baptism. Then more words echoed in Tormentum’s temples, “True Sith,” yes Saarai. That he may prove himself worthy.

The Titan raised his head when the God Emperor’s words had ended. There was much mystery at these events. Tormentum needed help to divine them, for the Emperor’s Ways were higher than his ways.

TAG:
    @Sinrebirth @Shadowsun @Lady Belligerent @greyjedi125 @darthbernael @darthhelinith

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    The Voice

The young Sith felt the presence of Insipid, the bond he spoke of reaffirmed as the multitude of questions and possibilities subsided in the mind of Azathoth. He felt the pain as his injuries were fully healed, healed through the might of the Dark Side of the Force.

The same dark tranquility he had felt before in his duel now swelling within him and throughout him. A smile on Azathoth's face as he felt the movements of his body by the will of Insipid. No resistance was given by Azathoth, their wills in alignment as he looked to the rest of the Sith his mind restored to what it was supposed to be.

"Yes..." he whispered, Insipid had gestured to him... he was his Voice as he called him, and warned against the folly of ignoring it. Azathoth accepted this, forged it again within his soul.

"Here me Sith... this duel was so much more than the mere clash of Master and Apprentice or even that of a Father and his Son. This duel, this hallowed duel, serves as the in-between point between death and rebirth. The great unfolding and unlaying of our New Order, of new possibilities before us."

Azathoth paused thinking for a moment.

"It is the way of the Sith to create by destroying and through my destruction of our Emperor, I ascend as has he. For such is our nature, such is our creed. I stand before you in a paradox. Humbled and yet exalted. More powerful and yet incomplete" Azathoth bowed his head, thinking for a moment.

"Let us depart from this place in unity, in our reaffirmed purpose for power and watch and behold as he who sits on high realigns the very fabric of our nature as he wills it. At this moment there is nothing and soon there will be everything."

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

Even a Sith is capable of having the smallest amount of compassion. Bellorum is stingy with hers, but not currently.

Few know it, but she has a soft spot for younger Sith, maybe it was because she was an orphan, or maybe it’s their youthful views that entertain and teach her. She even enjoyed them, as long as the demons in her mind didn’t interfere.

This scene was one Bell had seen before, but that made it no less impressive. Some beings are broken when a Sith transfers his essence into another, Bell shuddered as she glanced over at Helinith. She’d expected Insipid’s target would be his heir, but that made her no less hesitant to place her own body in the line of fire. Powerful Insipid wasn’t exactly gentle with his host’s mind or their body. It’s overall an experience Bell will avoid.

She’d glimpsed the Emperor in Azathoth’s eyes, and she’d hoped by urging him to mediate the acceptance would be a bit less traumatic. Would Azathoth survive or if he does will be the same?

Bellorum removed the seal on the old stone urn and urged the remains of the body Insipid had shed to gather above the opening. These were the ashes that didn’t make it into Tormentum’s beautiful urn, and they shimmered as they slowly streamed into the container.

She picked it up and looked inside, it was a mystery who she’d just mixed Insipid with, but she wished them well together and sealed the urn. It would go back into a vault and maybe one day they’d need it.

“I hope this place gets a remodel soon, it’s really taken a beating lately,” she said to herself as she left the building.

Tags are only for mentions: @Shadowsun @Darth Tormentum @Sinrebirth @darthhelinith

6. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Lord Iudex
    The Pit

"An heir with no desire for the throne?" Iudex's whispered words overflowed with barely-restrained venom. "Then what purpose do you serve, Darth Azathoth?" He shook his head, sighing dramatically. It didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. As the voice of Insipid said, the Order was to be reorganized, reforged. So be it. The strong, the worthy would be separated from the chaff.

As they should be.

His rage cooled, extinguished by the revelations below. There was no immediate danger after all, why get so worked up? They had been tested, that much was obvious. But among those present, who had passed? Iudex plopped back into his seat with a grunt. Trickery and treachery were the backbone of the Sith, such was the life Iudex had chosen.

"Politics..." He sighed, "How tiresome.."

Tags: @Shadowsun , @Sinrebirth

7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Azathoth

The heir looked to the Iudex, a soft smile on his face as allowed the words of hate to wash over him.

"... ah... well perhaps my all-consuming emotion did get the best of me... but even if he was dead the 'ghost' of Insipid would have lingered over me Iudex, I cannot claim something when their very being is still embedded into it... I would never be accepted as your Emperor, you would never accept it, none of you would not so long as any aspect of Insipid remains, I am wise enough to know that, in time there would be resentment and with that resentment disloyalty... something I cannot abide, and something I do not want... the Order means more than the Throne... something so many Sith have failed to understand, I know this, because it already happened"

He spoke softly, his new forged self, thinking quietly. He would not elaborate further on what he meant by that.

"My purpose... is to keep those above me strong and safeguard against stagnation... and those below me hungry for more... for that is the nature of our hierarchy...to put it simply... I am still training..."

He said with a wistful smile where it was somewhat difficult to tell how serious he was being, but that was none of his concern.

"But there is one thing in my mind that I am certain of Iudex, is that you are indeed... worthy... I speak this as his voice," he said simply and with deep respect, having only grown steadily over the course of events preceding the Trial of Power through to now.

TAG: @Silvertough

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  8. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Lord Iudex
    The Pit

"Ha! Good answer!" The Falleen Sith Lord chuckled heartily as he kicked his feet up onto the railing before him. "Why do you think so many had their sabers drawn in the first place? Bah, I'm just preaching to the converted.." He finished with a dismissive wave of his hand. There was nothing further to say, especially not here, for all to see.

Although, saying that, for who to see? The Pit had certainly felt very Sithy as of late. Had the Jedi simply abandoned the place to them? Would it be in poor taste to send for some slaves from the Temple to restore the Arena? Iudex shrugged, shifting slightly in his seat. Either way, he wasn't about to get up and leave so soon. The last few times he had, a fresh duel had broken out the minute he returned home.

He hadn't planned on getting so familiar with the perimeter guards, yet here he was..

Tag: @Shadowsun

9. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    The Challenge
    [​IMG]
    Into the arena the beast stepped. He raised his head into the air, and took a deep breath, smelling for competition. It was then that he knew who his next opponent would be. After his duel with Iudex, he needed a more stable fight, one which would rebuild his pride. Moreover, Raul had grown stronger. He had trained in the ways of the force, and learned many abilities which he could utilize in his fight.

That being said, he still enjoyed a pure brawl. Nothing quite beat the intensity of testing the human body like so.

Nonetheless, he called out into the arena, his bellowing voice yelling the name he desired to fight.

"Tormentum!" He cried, looking around the arena, awaiting the answer of his opponent.

"Show me that you are worthy to be called apprentice next to my name!" He hissed with a dark grin.

@Darth Tormentum
    @Lady Belligerent @Shadowsun

OOC: This duel will be using the Leveled Skill system from the Peon/Apprentice Sith Trials game, with no killing or maiming, as agreed upon.

Level 2 Apprentice:
    Tier 1 skills:
    Force Push/Pull
    Force Choke
    Force Rage
    Ignite
    Chill
    Force Shock
    Force Drain

Tier 2 skills:
    Force Lightning
    Dark Side Healing
    Force Wave
    Consume Essence

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Darth Tormentum
    House of Pain

In the ruins of the above stands, a figure in black robes, and a Revanite Acolyte mask stood as he heard the challenge. The Titan Acolyte stepped from mezzanine and dropped to the arena floor:

[​IMG]

Rising from the cleared grain floor of the Arena which was now grey having been mixed with powder of the pyre Lord Ravenous had burnt upon, and debris from when the God Emperor took out the stands.

Darth Tormentum fixed his visor on the other Acolyte.

I accept your challenge.

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var
    @Shadowsun @Lady Belligerent
    Mentioned @Sinrebirth and @WookieeRage

11. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Deleted

Darth Tormentum likes this.
  12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Azathoth
    The Pit

The Sith Underlord emerged from the shadows, sitting delicately so as to overview the two combatants. The Rancor Pit had been greatly repaired in the time of his own duel with his former Master Insipid. But that was in the past, an in-between point of an old Order and a new one. This was the battle of two proud warriors.

Azathoth's face was stern, cold. His eyes looking down toward his newly minted Apprentice with conviction.

[​IMG]
    "Do not disappoint me Tormentum, consume your pain and let it bring you power," intoned the Sith, his long flowing hair masking much of his face. The two Sith Warriors were sure to have a close, bitter fight, Azathoth sensed this. And despite them both being warriors their fighting styles were also uniquely different, Azathoth was eager to see which would edge out a victory. Or if both would destroy each other in their desire for power.

Azathoth leaned back, waiting for Darth Bellorum to emerge from the shadows to begin the duel as had been agreed upon. He was silently eager to see what would unfold.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent @Master Vo'Un'Var @Darth Tormentum

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Preparation

The Titan heard the words of his Lord, and let them pour into his soul, the two tethered in the darkness as Master and Apprentice.

Yes Master.”

The Apprentice removed his black cape from two large metal rings at his Torso armor. With the Force he levitated the cape up into the stands. He then reached for the belt of chains, hanging from it one Praetor hilt, and the other a Shoto. He did not draw the weapons, waiting for Dark Lady Ballorum to arrive, and the duel to be blessed by their Masters.

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Graul

She made them wait.

Bellorum coalesced from the shadows and stepped between the two Sith. Her eyes studied them both as she circled the opponents, finally she stopping between them.

“You have been given rules,” her voice was hard, but not loud. “Break the rules, and you forfeit your life.”

She took two steps back, and pulled a length of silk chiffon from her neck. “Once my scarf touches the ground, you may begin.”
    [​IMG]

An invisible gust of wind picked up the delicate fabric, carrying it gracefully above their heads. The fabric flowed slowly between the Sith waiting to attack.

Once it touched the floor of the pit, the Dark Lady had melded back into the shadows.

Tag @Shadowsun @Darth Tormentum @Master Vo'Un'Var

15. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Raul/Darth Jishin
    The Pit

Raul's grin grew wider. He began to chuckle, slowly taking a few steps forward as he watched Tormentum enter.

"Such theatrics!" he mocked, before taking off his robe and throwing it to the side, leaving him bare save for his trousers and a belt holding his lightsaber. Bandages were wrapped around his feet and hands, and a gold chain around his neck.

He watched the fabric fall to the ground, before grinning again.

[​IMG]

He drew forth his lightsaber, igniting the crimson blade that cast a demonic red hue over Raul.

"I pray you do not disappoint me, Tormentum." Raul growled with a smirk. He took a few steps, circling around the fellow apprentice.

"I live for battle. I want you to push me to the edge. Make me feel like I'm about to die..."

Without warning, Raul leapt forth, swinging his lightsaber whilst midair at Tormentum, aiming to slice him in two.

Of course, this attack was obvious, but that was the point. For the instant this strike would be blocked, Raul would drop down, sweeping his leg across the floor to knock Tormentum off his feet.

@Darth Tormentum

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

[​IMG]

With snap of his fingers the Praetor hilt flew into Tormentum’s right hand, and the Shoto in his left. He ignited the ruby and ivory blades making an X shaped defense with a coverage from head to toe. He then made a stance to increase his footing.

It has begun.

17. Darth Spookious

Darth Spookious Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2014
  18. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    wakes up the rancor

installs trapdoors in several threads that feed into the pit

watches and waits

19. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Swings crossed legs, while sitting on a rafter high up in the pit, sipping from a beverage, watching the Jedi master hard at work.

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Long has it been since anyone crossed blades in this here pit.

feeds the Rancor a snack

21. SirCarrot

SirCarrot Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2022
    I have a hunch you won’t have to wait long…

22. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Remember your training, apprentice.

The Sith will be here soon enough.

@Lady Belligerent Is your apprentice ready to duel mine?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Bellorum, Empress Graul of the Galactic Empire

The Dark Lady appeared from a shadowy corridor and walked slowly towards the Jedi.

Greetings, Jedi. I shall request my apprentice to appear, but the question would be if your little Jedi is ready?

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var

24. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    He is ready. I have complete faith in @SirCarrot

Ferus watches Empress Graul apprehensively, circling the arena in a slow motion.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  25. SirCarrot

SirCarrot Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2022
    Carrot stepped into the pit, eyeing his master and the Sith master carefully. Trying to calm his nerves, Carrot waited for his opponent to arrive.