main
side
curve

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik , Mar 2, 2013.

1. Remi_210

Remi_210 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2016
    IC: Remi Jhcor

Remi put his blaster down within grabbing distance and sighed. His headache was starting to go away, at least that was working out well. He let go of Tonk, and the droid beeped harshly at him.

"Sorry buddy, I won't wipe ya. I'm suffering from a malfunction myself. Go ahead and explore this area. I think I saw old droids and other junk lying around. Could be useful!"

The droid chirped happily and skittered away at speeds that made it hard to track by the naked eye. Remi chuckled, then lifted his gaze towards the friendly voice above.

"Edo huh? I'm Remi Jhcor, sorry about the itchy trigger finger. Trading is the game, in old and refurbished parts for just about any craft, droid and multi-purpose machine . An honest career choice until you reach certain sectors where equal parts paranoia and a weapon is needed."

Remi got up and stretched aching muscles. He heard a "breeeeeeeep" further down from his position. What has Tonk gotten up to now?

A vibration filled the arena from his and Edo's location. Remi grabbed his blaster and looked through the scope. Tonk was running for all her worth from several activated droids that she apparently revived. Remi would have words with Tonk if he ever survived this new situation.

Droids, four of them, and one he noted as an old battle droid from the clone wars was hot on the little spider's trail. The battle droid noted Remi's location and fired a missile.

"Errrrr..Edo!....we have hostile droids incoming we nee-"

Remi leaped to his left, to avoid the impact of the missile. There was a sharp pain in his leg. The trader fired his blaster repeatedly, trying his best not to black out from the pain...

OOC: ball is in your court guys, seeing as Remi is non-force sensitive, use your imagination and I'll react.

TAG: @BookExogorth @Emperor Ferus

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    BookExogorth and darthbernael like this.
  2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa

Edo grinned. "Apology accepted, Remi." Looks like she was worried over nothing, this fellow wouldn't be a threat. She was about to hop down near him, when she felt a flash of danger, and then heard the trader's warning. A missile! She saw Remi dive away and jumped down towards him, using the force to cushion their landing. She waved over some more durable debris and dropped it in front of them.

"Are you ok, and do you mind if I..." she trailed off as she saw he was weakened and fading. No time to hesitate. Edo whispered a quick "sorry," and went to work. She reached out with her hand and perceptions, feeling the cracks and tremors that wound through his leg, and encouraged the flesh to knit itself back together and restore itself to its former wholeness. She wasn't an expert, so it wouldn't be halfway fixed, but it should give him a bit more stability and balance until they could take care of these droids. Droids were always a bit wispy and ill defined in the force, but she could see their energy and movements just fine. Her biggest problem, however, was a bit more embarrassing...

"Hey, uh, Remi? I really was just passing through here." She turned her attention back to him. He seemed to be expecting her to jump into action and slice some of the problems away as blasters scored more and more hits on the makeshift wall in front of them. Edo sighed.

"My lightsaber's broken. I'm here to find a master so I can brush up on repairing it."

Tag: @Remi_210
    OoC: Good luck to us, I guess [face_laugh]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

a lightsaber suddenly emerges from the stands

4. Emperor Ferus

Emperor Ferus Chosen One star 7

Jul 29, 2016
  5. Emperor Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Ferus brings a yellow pages manual for his two Jedi comrades to look for a good lightsaber repair company.

"I'd like to help, but if you'd read the Jedi Quest series, you'd know that Jedi with the name of Ferus don't have the best track record in fixing lightsabers."

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  6. Emperor Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    HEY HOW ARE WE ALL DOING

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Lady Belligerent and Remi_210 like this.
  7. Remi_210

Apr 19, 2016

OOC: we're good ferus! Lightsaber repair company? I like that. [face_laugh]

As he was firing his blaster, the pain in his leg increased. Stars and black flecks danced in front of his eyes. Slowly, his vision began to narrow. It was like viewing his surroundings through a hazy tunnel.

He thought he heard a whispered apology before his world came crashing back around him. Remi had to blink....there was another figure looming over him, and this fella was tall.

"Whaaaa? ...darn, now there's two of you. Repairing lightsabers? Ferus right? Repair work is gonna have to wait....I see you constructed a makeshift wall, Edo. My legs a little stiff, so I can't move much. I do have a weapon.

He had to think for a second. He felt the thud of firing against the barrier Edo constructed. How long had this been going on? Remi looked at the two.

"Hmkay, gonna need one to peek over our little wall, that would be you edo. Err, ferus, you apparently managed to reach us without being noticed. Old droids or not, that's quite a feat. I'm not a soldier or tactical expert, but from the distance and timing of the blaster fire being pumped out at us, they stopped advancing. I say my personal droid is giving them a hard time.

As soon as Edo gives a signal, I want you to sneak closer and distract them.

TAG: @BookExogorth @Emperor Ferus

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  8. Emperor Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    IC: Neo Serpenter

“You got it, Remi”

*my Jedi character shouldn’t be called Ferus

Neo waits for Edo’s signal, crouching low in the shadows and using the Force to hide himself from detection.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa

“You must be more out of it than I thought,” Edo said to Remi with a wry smile. She quickly brushed her hood and bangs aside, making it more visible that she was blindfolded. “On the plus side, you don’t need me to leave cover.”

Edo focused on the ongoing battle. All Miraluka saw through the force, and she’d developed the focus of her natural sense of force sight to hone in on energy signatures - it was a useful skill for dealing with anything mechanical, so for droids… there they were, all eight distinct figures… wait, eight? Three? Ten? One? They were all blending together and mixing up oddly, but the common factor was… that one, that same spindly one with Remi earlier.

Wait, did someone just throw a lightsaber from one end of the arena all the way over to the other side’s stands? The force was just taunting her at this point…

Her nose scrunched, as she was a bit confused. “Your little buddy is doing… something out there.” She paused, hoping to make more sense of the jumbled mess. “I can’t tell what it’s going for but it looks like it’s scrapping some and upgrading others. Either way, they’re not worried about us, but I don’t know how long your droid’ll last.”

Edo sighed and knelt down to focus on the battlefield. “Looks like now’s your chance, Neo. We’ll try to give you cover from here.” Semi shielded as they were, she might be able to utilize some different applications of the force than usual.

Tag: @Remi_210 , @Emperor Ferus (edit: @Ananta Chetan ;) )
    OoC: Looks like I forgot to give a species description earlier, whoops! [face_laugh]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  10. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 8 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

The Dark Lady takes a seat near her light side brother @Ananta Chetan and asks, “has the mobile lightsaber repair person arrived yet?”

11. Emperor Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    IC: Jedi Knight Neo Serpenter

Neo gives a sly wink and salute to Edo, then retreats into the shadows, creeping closer to the droids.

When he gets close enough, he remerges into the sunlight with an activated lightsaber.

“come and get it, clankers!” he taunts as the droids open fire.
    Neo deflects their blaster bolts, gulping in alarm as droidekas join their foot soldier counterparts

“Okay, I’ve got you covered!” he shouts to Edo and Remi.

@Remi_210 @BookExogorth

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  12. Remi_210

Apr 19, 2016
    OOC: [face_laugh] Remi knows about Jedi but doesn't know about a blind yet strongly force sensitive race. It's a big galaxy. He's a backwoods trader.

Remi looked at Edo, confused. He heard Neo agree.

"Don't need to leave cover? Hmmm? Dang. I look for spare parts to break even, and I ge-

She interrupted Remi to give Neo the signal for action. A smooth transition in decision making, he thought. Remi remembered a business partner who once made snap calls like that. That partner was the reason he tried interstellar trading in the first place.

He shifted his body to lean over the small protection they had to look through his blaster scope.

Suddenly, time slowed. It felt....fluid, yet weird. Remi thought his injuries must have gotten to him.

Blink.....

He didn't see or hear Neo leave his position.

Blink..

Neo was suddenly among not four, but several droids of various functions. Wow, he moves fast. That man had a light saber activated.

Blink.........

There was a fierceness to his face....yet...a calmness and serenity that matched Edo at the same time. Both had the sense of certainty and command as well. Well, maybe this situation isn't so bad, Remi mused.

Blink......

Neo moves to block incoming fire and shouts to him and Edo that he's got them covered.

The nobody trader focuses on where Tonk is and, much to his horror, sees her taking apart droids and activating some. Everything seems to be perceived through slow movements as he fires on a droideka that Tonk is trying to avoid...what the frig!?!?!...oooh...a memory wipe sounded real good right now. The droideka tries to raise it's shields but takes minor damage from Remi's blaster.

OOC: well, if they don't have a cleanup crew that cleans this place on a regular basis, things are gonna get real interesting, real fast.

TAG: @BookExogorth @Emperor Ferus and tag at anyone. [face_devil]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  13. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    purchases Carcass Cookies from a strolling vendor to toss over the pit's edge to the roaming hungry Rancor

14. Remi_210

Apr 19, 2016
    OOC: wow.... [face_laugh] When I read the title for the EU dueling thread, at the time it didn't occur to me that there would be a rancor roaming around....now things are more complicated. Ya tryin to test the remster? Shame on you @Ananta Chetan ...Remi ain't that easy to take down. [face_beatup][face_beatup][face_beatup]

15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC

Shall we place a friendly wager on whom the Rancor will eat first?

@Lady Belligerent

16. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 8 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Bellorum

Would the wager be in Imperial credits? o_O
    If so, then 5 credits on @Remi_210 :p

Tag @Ananta Chetan

17. Emperor Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    (Patiently meditates as I wait)

IC: Neo Serpenter

Neo smells the cookies and wants to try one.

He sees his fellow Jedi under attack from the droidekas and Force-pushes the one nearest to Remi. It's too heavy to move, so he jumps in an attempt to plunge his lightsaber through the droid's shield.

The rancor drools hungrily.

@Remi_210 @BookExogorth

18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Force Ghost star 7

Apr 27, 2014
    <>Duel of Blades<>
    Lady Xaan & Nkri Tzenti

[​IMG]
    Lady Xaan, Blademaster
    @greyjedi125

[​IMG]
    Nkri Tzenti, Grey Jedi Novice
    @Kato Sai

Only use lightsabers, melee moves, and martial arts. Combatants can use The Force to jump, or dodge, but we’ll withhold from using it (The Force) offensively.

Agreed Upon By Both Combatants.
    The Force swirled in the arena with anticipation. Rain would fall, sparks from the blades of a Blademaster and a Novice. Here combat would be limited to sabers, and the martial skills of each duelist, their powers of the Force relegated to the defensive. In the pit there would only be honorable victory.

IC: Nkri Tzenti

The Grey Jedi entered in to the arena, his white robes, tunic, and hood blowing in the wind. His eyes had a black cloth across them, with only a milk white left eye semi visible.

Nkri took a few more steps, and then stood, his saber hilt swaying on his belt in the wind. The Grey Novice did not utter a word, but concentrated in the Force.

He waited..

TAG: @greyjedi125

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lady Xaan
    A Trial of Blades

She found the sound of falling rain sizzling against her lit weapons somewhat soothing, the scent of ionized air pleasing and the wind quite cooling. Lady Xaan stood still, waiting for her opponent to make the first move. Nkri Tzenti, the Grey Jedi Novice, he’d requested an honorable sparring match and Polmath the Caretaker, their Grey Sage and present Leader of their Order had granted it. Of course, as the designated Battlemaster, it fell to her to fulfill this task.

Lady Xaan knew Polmath was fond of Nkri, had great hope for him, but she had yet to form an opinion on the matter. This encounter could very well change that.

The conditions for the match had been agreed upon and she would abide by them ( initially, at the very least ). Polmath would be somewhere watching, and quite likely Stark, as well as some others. It made little difference. Having spectators was of little consequence in the greater scheme of the moment.

Lady Xaan’s dichromatic eyes remained fixed on her opponent, gauging him. Unlike her weapons, Nkri’s remained unlit, for now. The Grey Jedi Novice advanced a few steps, then came to a stop without uttering a word.

Only the wind, the falling rain and the hum of Xaan’s blades discoursed for the next moment as the two regarded each other in silence.

The moment extended itself, testing both their resolves, before Lady Xaan finally gave her a opponent a curt nod, signifying that their encounter was now in progress.

Lady Xaan took a step back and adopted a Jar’ Kai ready stance, her blades held at mid level, one red and one orange, brisling with intent, honed for the tempering of her opponent, sparring partner and fellow practitioner in the Force.

Tag: @Kato Sai

OOC: I won’t be able to respond again until much later in the evening, just fyi.

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Trial of Blades

Nkri felt the drops of rain, they beat against his hood and robe, to him they rang like bells. Then he sensed it, the one he had waited for had emerged. He heard the hum of sabers, and with his ivory eye he saw the two blades that illuminated the dark arena. The Grey Novice reached for his belt, he plucked the Praetor hilt, and raised it with his ring hand to his left aide, and placed his other hand upon it, adopting a Ataru stance. He squeezed the activation switch, and a ivory blade rose, and for a moment the black clouds broke and a beam of sunlight bathed him.

Gripping the hilt tightly with both hands, Nkri began sweeping with wide steps towards Lady Xaan, the rain drops bouncing off his hilt as he moved in for the first blow. The white hot blade sizzled in the downpour, and moved in diagonal cut from the left shoulder to the left waist.

It was a basic move, like that of a pawn on a board, but that is how one starts a duel, with one simple move.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Trial of Blades, first pass

The rain, the wind, the sweet smell of ionized ozone, they were suddenly removed like a cloak as her focus took-in the advancing Nkri.

That’s it. Let him come. Take his measure. In every sparring match, there was a lesson for both combatants to learn. This would be no different, or so she hoped.

Lady Xaan was in the moment, ready to react and flow with Nkri. She perceived his movements: His strides were wide and sure, which lent him momentum, his white blade moved swiftly through the air, striking with confidence. Xaan moved defensively, stepping back diagonally to her left, even as she simultaneously deflected with her red blade, which she held in her right hand.

Her aim was to deviate Nkri’s attack with a well placed parry, and unbalance him. With her orange blade she performed a quick stab to his exposed flank, mostly to test his ability to recover. For now, she would take things slow. It was the only way to guage what her opponent, Polmath’s 'unspoken apprentice', had to offer.

Silvertough, Sarge and Kato Sai like this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Grey Novice had made contact, the blades crackled and sparks were put out by the rain drops. The Lady had parried and now a stab came at Nkri, who released his two handed grip to arch his blade and meet the point. It was a difficult response, cuts could easily be guarded against, but a well placed thrust was narrow, and catching the point with blade meant his timing had to be perfect or this duel would be over all too easy.

The Grey Novice aim was to get his blade in position around yhe point so as to command it with a cut, but the maneuver he he had made didn’t allow for it. He would have to catch the point like a blaster bolt, he prayed his Shien sweep would catch it.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The unexpected

Under the hood of her cloak, Xaan's dichromatic gaze narrowed ever so slightly. Her movements were as always, calculated and precise, as the dueling dance was all too familiar to her. However, she did not fail to notice that the novice had managed something just now.

Finesse.

It was, admittedly...unexpected.

Quiet unexpected and interesting. Was this novice a 'natural'? The stabbing motion was meant to further increase Nkri's troubles, to compound an awkward response, if only just, but he had dealt with the issue smartly. By employing Shien, he'd caught the tip of the her orange blade, defeating the pock-mark attempt at his latissimus dorsi. Her opponent's action immediately prompted her to realize that she had preemptively underestimated Nkri- which ironically, was a condition, more often than not, she was able to exploit herself on many occasions. Hmm. Something to reflect on later.

Without missing a beat, the flow of their encounter progressed.

With her orange blade 'countered', Xaan stepped in, slashing diagonally with her red blade at Nkri's torso, hopefully forcing him to defend, and lending herself momentum for the next series of moves.

Dagobahsystem and Kato Sai like this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Dueling Intimacy

The parry had worked, he had caught the tip with his blade and was able to use the momentum to move into a defensive stance, the new set of strokes from the Lady’s red blade came in succession, like the beating of a drum. Nkri felt the beat, synching it to his own heart beat. The crystals of kyber were alive as they were, The Force flowing and binding all living things, the crackle of blades was more than crude energy meant to severe, it was was the Energy of the Living Force, of their souls.

Nkri was learning more than how this Lady conducted herself in combat, he was knowing her in an intimacy that only dueling afforded. For when mortal danger is felt, the true nature of a person or sentient is seen, “fight or flight.” Impulse is want to take over, and only one trained in the disciplines of the Force knew to quiet that default response, and choose.. yes, Nkri had chosen this and he did not regret it.

The Grey Novice took hold of his hilt with both hands once more, broke off in a recovery with a back step, and the responded with Djem So, the ivory energy blade coming down like a hammer that would have pulverized a droid.

Dagobahsystem and greyjedi125 like this.
  25. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013