main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: For however deep Reiis' knowledge goes, you are absolutely right. [face_laugh] :p

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC-Keskor Vunn

Keskor stooped as the Knight attempted to trip them, and he span around to look at his opponent in the face. He swung his Longsword at Peregrine, relishing the gentle hum before the clash of the two Sabers. he attempted to kick his opponent as the two blades were locked in the dance of duels. he swung back, and stared at his opponent.
    "I've changed since the last time I saw Reiis, and I intend on defeating her soon. You fight well, Shall we continue? or do you want to stop?"

Sarge

Anakin.Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  3. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Tournament of Darkness

The Pit

Pushed to the very edge the six remaining Sith had been, each of them eluding death by a hairs breath. The lightning storm was dissipating as the once maelstrom of energy arcing and impacting throughout the arena was slowing down. The energy from each of the three pillars being less and less as their glow faded, until they returned to their silent state before the beginning of this latest round. There was smoke and scorched earth everywhere, with even some of the spectators having been casualties as a small batch of fires burned in several of the rows closest to the arena pit walls.

Director Sato moved out onto the high outcropping walkway above, looking down into the pit. A large staff in his hand as it impacted with a loud pang, the sound echoing the arena and bringing everyone's attention up towards him.

The cadre of armed guards that the warriors would recognize from the first round came out from opposite sides of the arena, in a brisk pace as the enveloped the warriors scattered throughout the arena and reeling from the round. Pairs of the guards grabbing the warriors and dragging them forward to be presented in their exhausted state.

'Warriors.' Director Sato spoke his voice echoing across the arena. 'Well done!'

'You have all shown exception talent in making it this far, but alas as before...' Sato paused as he looked over them allowing the crowd a moment of anticipation regarding what they knew was coming.

'Not all of you are advancing.' By this time the guards had taken up positions behind the line of the six warriors, as before a familiar scene. Those that were to be the unfortunate defeated foes of this round. Perhaps dragged off like those before for their failures to advance and defeat their opponents.

'Trials make you stronger, weed out the weak among us... those who are not worthy!' Sato looked down upon the six, raising his staff up and with another pang echoing across the arena all went silent.

The crowd anticipating the results of the latest round.

In unison three of the guards standing directly behind three of the six warriors swung with a deft motion that impacted their backs. A strike that would send each of them lurching forward. Vexx, Saadi, and Leda would feel their face pressed into the arena floor as another guard swung downward with their blunt staffs. Not being able to hold themselves up as their already fatigued and exhausted bodies would offer little resistance... The three remaining warriors, Prazutis, Alekto, and Corvus looking on stunned no doubt, as their opponents from the round were being pummeled by the Sith Royal Guards. The guards continued their barrage on the trio, as the crowd was restless at what they were seeing. The beating seemed to go on and on, until the arena was a silent as it had been the whole tournament. The crown lurching to see what had become of the three, as the guards finally stepped back and away from them. Vexx, Saadi, and Leda were motionless on the arena floor, beaten to near death but still the crown could see life through faint responses from each of them.

The guards focus turned to Prazutis, Alekto, and Corvus whom had been spared the brutal beating the had witnessed. Were they the victors? There had never been a proclamation of such. The guards herded them silently out of the arena, guiding them to one of the main exits. Spared the brutal fate of the others?

Leda, Vexx, and Saadi would not find themselves in their accommodating quarters like before at the end of the first round. Instead in they found themselves in a dark cold cell. Large enough for the three of them to be spaced out, but close enough to see each other and know they were all not alone. The sound of a large hung door opening would be heard, a figure entering the room. A clang of metal impacting the cold durasteel floor. Three trays being almost thrown down in front of each of them. Nutrients and a sparse amount of liquid… Vexx’s in the form of two cylinders fill, that he would be familiar with inducting into his system. Leda and Saadi in the form of a few raw pieces of meat and a slice of bread. An orb gel of liquid water. All of it being noting more than to keep their organs from failing and give them just enough strength to heal any major wounds slightly.

The cell door slammed shut, leaving them in near darkness again…

It had been days since the ending of the lightning maelstrom. Prazutis, Corvus, and Alekto found them each standing in a holding area. Director Sato entered the room, perhaps startling the trio at the presence of the Tournament director being on their level and now face to face with them. Holding his staff, he addressed them in the tight, brightly lit room. “Well done warriors.” A sneering grin upon his face. “All of you performed very well within the tournament,” Sato walked through the trio. “worthy of reward!”

Sato came up to a doorway at the far end of the room.

“But I am afraid your participation from here on out, is no longer necessary.”

Sato turned gesturing his arm forward, through the door as it opened. The view of a hanger pad and three shuttles available.

Mikaboshi, Adirondackjedi27, QueenSabe7, Kaleesh-Cyborg, Dagobahsystem, corinthia

4. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Tournament of Darkness

It had been only a few days since they had been cast into this place… The cage doors opened and the sound of familiar guard boots was heard entering the large cell.
    Trio of Vexx, Leda, and Saadi were gathered and ushered out of their cell…

Brought through the familiar underbelly of the Pit Arena, passing by the center lift from before that had brought them up into the center of the arena for round two. What horrors were in store for them now? As they were all being led through the bowels of the arena…

Traveling through and eventually emerging from what was a more structure facility to a cave like passage which opened up at last. The early morning sunlight shining through, lighting the end of the tunnel as they came to an open field finding themselves in a valley. Mountains in the distance and the sound of the wind at their ears. Before them in the distance what appeared to be a large wall. A number of guards stood behind them, the trio could easily have dispatched them. But the guards were only there to serve as guide to the valley nothing more. Thus, the trio was left as the guards disappeared back into the darkness of the cavern. Leaving Vexx, Saadi, and Leda in the valley.

If they made their ways forward they would see the walls becoming more featured with a single entrance. A figure awaiting them. The headmaster.

[​IMG]

Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent, Kaleesh-Cyborg, Dagobahsystem, QueenSabe7, Sinrebirth, E. L.Knight, Darth Kronos

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure

I sidestepped and leaned sideways a bit as Keskor's kick sailed by. I gestured downward with my saber blade.

"Be very very careful how you kick when your opponent is armed with a saber. It's not hard at all to parry a leg with a lightsaber blade, and then you'll have to get used to a brand new pegleg. I wonder if that's how Reiis got her prosthetics?"

I saluted my worthy opponent and paused for a moment with my blade held vertical in front of my face.

"In one of my martial arts schools, we used to have sparring matches that continued until satisfaction. That meant both parties were satisfied that they had fought well and were willing to yield the practice area to the next pair of duelists. I am satisfied with our performances in this match. If you are satisfied, we should make room for the next pair and go hydrate ourselves. I could use something tall, cold, and wet."

Tag: Master Vo'Un'Var

6. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    This has to end poorly for me, Edo mused. As she was already wounded, she had an inherent disadvantage in her position. And she couldn't simply continue fighting with the aim to kill, it wasn't her place. She didn't know Reiss' thoughts or life. It was her role to warn the rest of the Jedi where she had encountered Reiss. She sensed the importance of this, and the importance of not killing Reiss without being certain of her darkness.
    Her option then, was to flee, which would be much easier said than done. She sensed the dark fury of Reiss, and knew that one had to work deliberately when fighting against someone so angry.
    Breathing heavily, she avoided the kick by backing up a few paces, but when Reiss stabbed at her again, she parried the strike. The sabers again came close to her body, but not painfully. Edo focused on the light, bolstering her strength and spirit once more.
    "Reiss," she called. "I must go. You aren't my enemy." The enemy was the dark side, and dark actions. As she spoke, she ran up the path from which she came, leaves crunching underneath her feet.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker

7. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis stared as the Jedi wholesale left the duel.

"But....but......."

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DIE!!!!"

TAG: BookExogorth
    OOC: Thank you for the duel. It was great fun :)

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    IC: Irishi Kenobiwan

The Pit

Irishi watched as her blade glided only inches from Ananta's chest and as the dirt on the pit ground rised as her blade hit the floor. On her way to bring her blade back to her again, she gave him another force push before planning for her next attack.

TAG Ananta Chetan

OOC: Ready for some action again, old man? :ben::bluesaber::greensaber:

9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC

Dusting off my tunic and robe I regain my footing and allow my gaze to focus one-pointedly on the young Knight. Raising my hand to one side I levitate a bantha-sized boulder before me before giving it a senatorial pod spin in Irishi's direction while calmly assuming the Soresu pose and moving forward in the stone's wake.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Note: My apologies for the delay. I just saw your reply yesterday. :p

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  10. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Tournament of Darkness
    Draconis
    Maze Entrance Lvl. 1
    Pity

Draconis had seen them emerge from the cavern, prodded by the Sith guards, clad in their ceremonial armor, and brandishing their pikes. The morning sun at this point was offering a modicum of light, its rays cascading over the tops of the high maze walls at Draconis’ back. Almost peering down on the three remaining Champions. Leda, Vexx, and Saadi, whom now emerged into the vast deserted landscape. Red sand, whirling winds blowing sand across their view. Rocky formations and a mountainous landscape in their peripherals.

It would take a few minutes for them to cross the desert landscape and approach the maze entrance, where Draconis waited for them patiently.

The low hanging hood covered the top of his face, as he stood still with the trio of Champions approaching.

“Well done Leda, Vexx, and Saadi.”Draconis purposefully calling them out by name. They would see his sinister grin underneath his cowl.

‘Thus far, well done.’The Sith Lord repeated his acknowledgement of their success thus far, a testament to their skill, determination, and will to survive. There was no large need for ceremony or grandstanding.

Draconis stepped forward, not being shy in mingling and moving about the three of them. Silently observing making only a few scoffs and indiscriminate remarks under his breath. Not for any other intended purpose but to frustrate them. As if being inspected and measured up. They were still fatigued, barely fed, and cared for in the most minimalist sense. Just enough to keep them alive, keep them functioning. Brushing up against each of them, slightly. Just enough to push them off balance and irritate them. All three of them would be dead before they knew it, but this was not anyone purpose here… or was it? Regardless… he could feel their anger, distain for what they had been through.

A Tournament of Champions! Glory, honor, and PRESTIGE awaited them!!! Their budding and bright futures ahead of them and within sight as these young Sith hopefuls. One could not help but be slightly amused. The idea that they thought themselves worthy.

Draconis continued to pass in between the trio, barely brushing against them. Continuing to gaze upon them without saying a word… and exercise that had to be maddeningly frustrating to the trio. Finally, the Headmaster broke his silence, pausing his pacing.

‘So.’

‘We are here now.’

‘YOU are here now…’Draconis’ head reeled back slightly taking in a breath of air as he drew in a deep breath and composed his next statement.

‘We were all like you once.’ Draconis spoke in a general vague tone, as if reflecting on some distance memory of the past. His words directed at Saadi, Vexx, and Leda. ‘Full of hope, ideals, passion… thinking we could harness the galaxy… craving power and ascension to a higher order.

Promotion, recognition… acknowledgement.’Each word that Draconis said hanging, letting it ring in the ears and receptors of the trio, fatigued and near breaking in front of him… in front of this maze.

‘Acknowledgment. From one’s Master.’ Draconis emphasizing the words directed at Leda, his eyes barely visible from under the cowled hood, met Leda’s like daggers into her soul. His head rocking back slightly as he got closer to her face. “Too busy wandering in an underground playground?’

His eye’s next wandering to Vexx’s whom would feel a sharp pain clenching his chest, originating from Draconis as he stepped close to the Kaleesh warrior. ‘Rejected apprentice.’Draconis muttered before quickly tuning away.

Moving close to Saadi, his gaze coming about as he turned to see the hopeful. Draconis voice sad, mocking almost… ‘And Saadi.’Draconis shook his head slowly, showing a false compassion. ‘Poor, poor Saadi. Where is your Master?’

With all three of them he never gave them a moment to respond or react, he simply moved on. Pushing and prodding them.

He finally came back about in front of all three of them. Standing to address them.

‘Look at you three.’ Draconis spoke with a seemingly heartfelt but false compassion.

‘You can barely stand…’

‘Vexx.’Draconis spoke in a commanding and demanding tone addressing the Kaleesh warrior. ‘I know your conflict…this isn’t for you. You served your family, your world. This path. This place is not for you.’

Draconis’ tones were defeating, sober, mocking.

‘You are not and never will be a Sith. You reject the force and oppose it at every turn.’

‘Give… up… you have performed admirable. Defeating a pair of weak opponents. This is not the path you seek. Go home!

Live the life you were intended to, be content with being an average Kaleesh warrior.

It is… ok. Vexx.I understand how disappointing it must be to know your limits…’

Draconis’ scowl under his hood was tugging at the side of his lips as he could feel the emotion swelling in Vexx, as he moved on to Saadi. Draconis stepping in front of the Stih hopeful. His black eyes peering upon the Sith apprentices face.

‘And what does Saadi want? Hmmm?’Draconis head cocked slightly at his question, one that he never intended the apprentice to answer and thus continued upon his summarization of the hopeful. ‘To be like his Master… the Emperor of all.’ Draconis laughed slightly at the notion for effect. Turning to the side slightly. Before coming back to address the apprentice Saadi. An acting expression of surprise on his face, visible only from below his eyes down, still covered by the hood.

‘You.’

‘You? You… actually believe that you will survive? Ascend as the apprentice of the Emperor himself. Chosen specifically by him’. Draconis laughed out loud at the notion. ‘How many apprentices has he drained?

Draconis continued, pressing Saadi. ‘Sucked dry and used. Cast aside into a heap of forgotten apprentices…’

Draconis stepped back, showing a false sadness and empathy for the hopeful, as if concerned for his “safety”

‘Walk away. This-is-not-WORTH-it.’

Draconis was done with him, as he moved on to the last and final so called “Champion”.

Leda.

Draconis took a pause moving to circle around her, moving from one side around he back and coming about slowly to her opposite side. His posture leaning in towards her. She smelled horrible, sweat, prison bars.

‘I had another apprentice once…’

Draconis leaned in softly mouthing the words into her ear.

‘Like you’

‘Bright…

Hopefully…

Powerful.’

Draconis came about fully in front of her. ‘Better than you…’

‘I still do not know how you got this far… stumbling over opponents that laid down for you… and still barely managing to survive.’

Draconis’ words were meant to pull at her… as with all three of them.

‘You have no chance of proceeding…

Turn-AROUND!

Go back to that deep cavern in your mind, with the shame of your failure.’

Draconis stepped back away from Leda coming in front of all three of them.

‘Vexx and Saadi, you as well.’

Draconis spouted off, calling them out. Inferring from already addressing and including Leda.

‘The three of you, have no place here. It is ok to walk away NOW.’

Draconis paced slightly lowering his head, shaking it in a somber demeanor, deceptively trying to dissuade them from embarking upon this trial.

‘I understand your aspirations…

I understand your dreams…

Desires…

Your vision of becoming greater than you are and once may have been…

But this is not for you my friends.

It is ok to be content with being average.

Being what you are now capable of good powerful things…

But where you stand now is all you will ever be…

You are capable of no more…. I know disappointing… we were all so hopeful of you…

Disappointing… BUT you have done your best… it is understandable if you cannot continue.

Thus, I am afraid all this tournament has done…

Is show you all to be merely wanting.

I PITY you for your dreams. A sad false aspiration that will never come true for you.’

Draconis let them stew on his mind games… let them stare at the high maze walls, let them stare at him and his words attempting to infect their minds and break their wills. Finally breaking his silence after some time. Draconis walked away from them towards the entrance of the maze.

‘Here, you at least have a choice… to turn around… walk away. Your tails between your legs… but at least you will be alive.

‘If you choose to walk past me and make a choice, there is no turning back.’

‘You either die, or make it out the otherside.’

Draconis stepped back towards them taunting them with the decision before them.

‘Guided by your senses. Perhaps making it to the other side…’

‘Your choice.’

‘But which way do you go?’

Left?
    Center?
    Right?

Draconis addressed the questions to all three of them. Seemingly musing on the question, himself with mild amusement.

‘Turn away and run, or enter and make your choice.’

Which way would each of them now go? LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT? The insidious nature of this choice that this presentation offered no better way. While further in the maze if they made it that far… they would see things increasingly defeating. This initial entry into this ancient maze offered only one thing as all three choices would result in the same outcome. Upon entering each of them would be struck with a massive sense of overwhelming dread, a dark energy that would pulsate and hit them like a freighter. Twisting horrific thoughts and hopelessness. This well of the darkside only took from those who entered…

It was barely a precursor of what truly awaited them further in…

Kaleesh-Cyborg, Dagobahsystem, QueenSabe7, Sinrebirth, Lady Belligerent, Darth_wanderguard
    …………………………
    OOC:

‘Each of your paths will not be the same as the, maze is not limited to the physical constraints of “walls”. You will encounter SEVEN levels, junctions, or turns as you would describe them.

At each level, a different challenge.
    Each level having THREE choices.
    Each of you will receive the same TRIAL/ENCOUNTER (LEVEL)
    That you will have to evaluate, take in and react to. The choices you make determine if you survive.
    Your will respond to a proposed question/scenario at each level/turn.
    You will do the following: Answer and react to the scenario/question before you.
    You will then pick ONE of the following choices presented to you and react.
    LEFT, CENTER, or RIGHT.

NOTE: while your responses may all be similar, your “PATHS” are not. This does not mean that during a level, two or more of you may have the same “PATH” Each of you has a distinct preferred path which will grant you the least amount of damage in navigating the maze.
    EXAMPLE for navigating the maze…

Each of you should be responding to the scenario and your final navigation as an example may be…
    Lv1 LEFT
    Lv2 CENTER
    Lv3 LEFT
    Lv4 RIGHT
    Lv5 CENTER
    Lv6 CENTER
    Lv7 LEFT

Your responses along with your final navigation, will determine how successful you are in navigating the MAZE.

EVERY level will result in damage to you, there is no way around it and your responses should reflect this based upon what you choose. Your response should be based upon the confrontation of the level itself, your response/reaction, as well as the choice you make and your dealing with it. Which includes suffering from it based upon which selection you take of the three presented to you by each level.

Once all three of you have posted responses, then the next "Level" will proceed. Until all three of you are dead or you make it through all seven levels.

Understand?

PM me if you have questions.

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Maze Level 1 of 7

Summoned by the headmaster and granted freedom from the dank and dismal prison environment, Grievance Vexx buries the pain and exhaustion and stands tall in spite of the weakness that causes him to inwardly question if he possesses the strength to cross the vast desert landscape. He will not be defeated. Not now. He has come too far and fought too hard. He will make it to the end or die trying and if he dies, he will die with the warrior's satisfaction that he did not give up.

He knows the others are close. His sensitive hearing picks up their labored breathing; a soft symphony that accompanies the hissing of his respirator as he too finds breathing to be a chore, his tired heart throbbing a slow and feeble pulse visible in the tubes that run through his otherwise mechanical neck. He hadn't known there could be a beating severe enough to immerse what remains of him in so much pain. His only solace is that even this cannot hold a candle to the suffering he had been through so many years ago, when he was robbed of his very identity as a Kaleesh. His mind had traveled to that memory a lot lately, triggered by the confinement and the poor conditions under which he had been kept with the others, the pain much less, but the humiliation is about the same. He can only hope that the others were too miserable to pay much attention to his inability to eat like a normal sentient creature. He had envied Leda and Saadi in those moments, able to maintain more dignity than he ever will for the rest of his life.

His yellow eyes follow Draconis as he begins to weave in and out of the group, sparing no respect for their personal space as he brushes into them, putting their physical weakness on display. Vexx tries to brace himself as the headmaster comes near him, but somehow, though he weighs in at a good three-hundred-some-odd pounds, his resistance is little more than a leaf tossed about by the wind though Draconis has barely touched him. He is too dazed to really be aware of any ringing in his head, but he is more than willing to blame the Force for the odd phenomenon. The voice of the dark one draws his full attention as he first taunts Leda, then circles back around to him, speaking of the power and recognition he assumes they all crave.

You do not know me as well as you think you do, dark one, the cyborg cannot refrain from the unspoken thoughts, What I do is for the honor of my people and the memory of my father and nothing more.

His thoughts are cut short as Draconis approaches and strikes him with an unseen but keenly felt wave of pain that nearly brings the weakened warrior to his knees in agony. His stubborn will refuses to give the headmaster that satisfaction. The sound of a staggered intake of air is all the indication he will get to know that Grievance Vexx has felt the pain.

"Rejected apprentice."

A stab at his self worth, he is an apprentice of the headmaster within a different sect, passed over within the Knights of Darkness for a long time before being claimed by Knight Commander Hades. Despite the knowledge of himself and that he does not skimp on any of his undertakings, the comment effectively plants a seed of doubt. Most of what he does and the effort he puts into it is geared toward the honor of the Sheelal tribe; what if his efforts are actually being counterproductive? The thought brings pain to his soul. What burns him the most is that, try as he might, he will not be able to fully mask the impact of the statement. The headmaster will know even though Vexx is outwardly as silent and expressionless as a stone.

"Look at you three. You can barely stand..."

Vexx wills himself to lift his head and square his broad durasteel-plated shoulders, standing straighter purely out of spite, determined to prove that Draconis is wrong. The others have faded from his consciousness. As far as he is concerned, this is a showdown with the headmaster himself. He will not be defeated; certainly not by mere words aimed at his character, his honor, who and what he is. With his head held high and his gaze distant, staring unblinking at the maze before him, indignation smolders in his soul as he is the first in line to suffer the cruel mind game of Draconis. Though his body is weak, his mind and his will is strong. He has a retort, comment, and smart remark for everything the headmaster directs at him, but he refrains from speaking, letting blow after verbal blow hit him. It does nothing to alter his course or cause him to second guess; it only feeds his stubborn nature to prove the Sith--the whole darn lot of them--wrong. The only statement he cannot refute is the one that targets his disdain and abstinence regarding the Force.

As Draconis comes down to the final statements of his commentary on Vexx, the cyborg does nothing to stop the growl that boils up from his guts churning with anger. A pair of weak opponents. That statement, among others, tempts him to turn on the headmaster like a savage animal. He can take the insults directed at himself; they anger him and provoke the savagery of his temper, but he can tolerate it. The comment about his former opponents in this tournament is not taken lightly. Reiis Invadator, his first opponent, was not what he would have classified as weak. The two of them had dueled each other almost to the death and the irony of all that was the two of them, once rivals who despised each other, had become unlikely friends. Vexx doesn't have many friends to begin with, but insulting one of them is about as bad as insulting his race and his heritage.

Weak opponents, he scoffs inwardly, You couldn't be more incorrect about one of them. The other you can slander at your leisure. Your assumption of the one I have formed an alliance with tempts me to test my Force abilities to choke the very life out of you, Headmaster.

Vexx's mind lingers on the final words to him, demeaning his quality as a warrior. Average? His self-imposed goals will not allow him to be content with average. Bringing honor to the Sheelal tribe--to the memory of his father--will not allow him to be content with average. He will ascend to greater things or die trying. There is no other option and if there is one way to fuel the cyborg's determination, it is to tell him he cannot do something; that he is incapable. He will fight tooth and nail to prove that notion wrong.

His mind made up, he strides forward. Long, determined, trudging strides that betray his weariness despite his best efforts to bury it. The first to decide and act upon his decision, Grievance Vexx enters the maze at its very center, the same way he would charge the frontlines in combat. Upon crossing the threshold of the way of no return, his mind, once rock-solid in its decision, trembles under a sudden crushing weight of doubt. Add to that the flare of tinnitus that meddles with his ability to think clearly. This place is teeming with possibly the strongest Dark Side Force energy he has ever encountered. He knows without a doubt that his path will be long and torturous and for a fleeting moment, his flight instinct seizes him, locking him right where he stands. He could see himself dead on the floor of this maze, forgotten; his corpse rusting like an outdated droid in a scrapyard. The very thought nauseates him and he lifts one foot to step back; to back away from his fate. Slowly, the heavy leg bearing its deadly talons moves backwards, but just when it is about to make contact with ground it had already tread upon, the will of a warrior's heart stops it.

"No," he growls at himself, "No matter what the dark one has said, this is for me. Were it not, I would have died before now. Come what may, once the battle has started, there is no turning back. No retreat. No surrender."

His determination renewed, he changes the direction of his step, pushing it forward to trudge on against the exhaustion, the pain, the dread, the doubt, and the fear of the unknown, all of which continue to torment and pull at him like cackling demons from the pits of hell.

Tag: dragonsith13
    Honorable Judges: Sinrebirth Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent E. L.Knight Darth Kronos

12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    IC

Holding the lightsaber with a firm grip in front of her, Irishi keeps an eye on the stone as it moves closer towards her. Carefully, she takes a few steps sideways as she tries to find her next opportunity to strike.

Ananta Chetan

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Darth Saadi
    Maze Entrance Lvl. 1

Hearing the cell door quietly creak open caused the Clawdite to slowly open his eyes in time with the moaning sound of the door. Refusing to rise when called upon by these pathetic lackeys, Darth Saadi was slapped across the face with a club and kicked to his feet. Stifling a groan, Saadi spit blood out onto the rotten floor before him and plotted revenge.

As the three of them were unceremoniously transferred across a barren, deserted landscape, the changeling amused himself by imagining the red sand was the calcified blood of Leda and Vexx, the two cowards who accompanied him in spite of the fact that, from what Saadi had heard, were unable to even complete some of their duels.

Sith justice at its finest apparently; reward the failure equally with the winner, but Saadi reasoned it was to be expected with this lot. After all, he knew what he had signed up for and had been warned many times in advance. He took pride in the fact that he had defeated his opponents fair and square without any coddling from the Headmaster. Saadi thought about what Vexx and Leda must have done with the Headmaster behind closed doors to recieve such favoritism and he closed his eyes, the hatred flowing through his blood stream as he resisted the urge to vomit in their faces.
    We shall see what happens in the end, Saadi mused.

Having been severly mistreated and abused for so long by his captors, the painful lightning bolt wound on the Clawdite's left arm had never healed properly and was now quite infected. Yellow puss seeped from the wound and the muscle around the area had begun to atrophy. This was his reward for his bravery and victories in the pit, Saadi considered bitterly, shaking his head briefly as he eyed his sad 'companions.'

Sensing their weakness and fatigue, he momentarily thought of killing them both right now and dealing with the consequences later, but with his weakened left arm, two against one did not sound like very good odds. Plus, too many kriffing guards. If only he had more explosives with him, he might kill everyone, including himself! Saadi let a slight chuckle escape his mouth and smiled at the prospect of ending this sad little tea party.

Coming to a halt, the party waited quietly now.
    Ah! There he is. Headmaster Draconis. Words cannot describe the hatred, anger, and disdain that the changeling felt for the horrific monstrosity that now stood before them. Saadi struggled against
    the dark side of the Force for once, as every single muscle in his body was begging him to leap forward and strike at Draconis's head with his lightsaber. Saadi could sense that the Headmaster knew this and would quickly end Saadi's existence if this were attempted; still every fiber of the Clawdite's being trembled with rage and the desire to kill all of these kriffing 'people.'

'Poor, poor Saadi. Where is your Master?' Draconis mocked and toyed with the seriously angered assassin.

Saadi imagined presenting Draconis's head on a spike for Darth Insipid and quickly banished the thought as the Headmaster's eyes glared at him.

'Walk away.' The evil Sith Lord said.

Never, thought Saadi to himself. He had come so far by this point, it was inconceivable that he could give up or walk away now. Even if it killed him, which is what the sadistic Draconis seemed to be promising anyhow.

Watching the cyborg walk towards the maze and head into the center, Saadi glanced at Leda and spit blood on the ground in front of her. Ignoring the demonic Draconis, Saadi quickly sprinted forward towards the maze.

He decided to go left, hoping to get ahead of the cyborg somehow, and then ambush him, maybe blast his chest to smithereens! Or something better even.

As he entered the maze, an overwhelming sense of the dark side permeated his mind and left an undeniable sense of ominous foreboding. As much as he tried, Darth Saadi could not escape the feeling that something even more terrible was about to happen to him. Something that would make the tortures of his life thus far seem like a holiday.

Tag: dragonsith13 Kaleesh-Cyborg QueenSabe7
    Honorable Judges: Sinrebirth Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent E. L.Knight Darth Kronos

14. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Leda
    Tournament of Darkness: Level 1
    Maze Entrance

“Sod off,” Leda spat at a guard as he prodded her forward, having been released from her cage and pushed onward through the labyrinthine tunnels below the Pit. She was dirty, sore, exhausted, and in a terribly irritating mood, though it did nothing to deter her focus from whatever was yet to come – whoever she had yet to fight.

Progressing through the near-dark, the warrior sensed the clawdite and cyborg close by. Under normal circumstances she would probably find them interesting, entertaining even – a changeling and an almost wholly mechanical being with the Force -, but here they were; a far cry from “normal”. As it was, she refused to give either of them the satisfaction of so much as a quick glance.

Saadi and Vexx; The two obstacles that stood in her way to victory, glory and prestige; to power.

No, she would look upon them only when she was preparing to engage in mortal combat, the anticipation of which bolstered her resolve to win it all. Having dealt with opposite extremes in an adversary during her previous pair of duels, she was confident she would handle whatever they had to throw at her.

Approaching what appeared to be the mouth of a cave, Leda breathed a sigh of relief as she noted the growing brightness up ahead. Sunlight. Finally. Reflexively picking up her pace to flee the oft times suffocating darkness of the underground and embrace the energizing glow of daylight, she stepped out into the open at last. Greedily drinking in the warmth as it washed over her pale, grimy skin, she paused and let her eyes slide shut, giving herself a moment before all hell broke loose once more.

It was short-lived, a soft push on her back shattering her reverie and forcing her feet into motion once more.

“I will fragging end you if you touch me one more time,” she sneered over her shoulder to the offending guard. Returning to face forward, a smirk crossed over her mouth while she took in the picturesque landscape that had materialized before her. Instinctively Leda knew this would not be another round of straight-forward combat. This was going to be something else, the realization simultaneously thrilling and worrisome.

Her yellow-green eyes keenly darted about, noting the new surroundings with great interest. There were mountains on either side and in the distance, a stretch of red sand – tugging on something buried deep in her mind, a memory she couldn’t quite place - that ended at the feet of a series of towering walls, its width stretching the length of the valley between peaks.

Leda peered harder at the stone monstrosity as she grew closer, her curiosity hitting a fever pitch.

That was when she spotted him, standing alone, waiting.

Draconis. Headmaster, her Master, her guide.

Halting a respectful distance away, she offered a slight bow of her head, the sight of the Ebon Knight causing her some alarm though she wasn’t sure why. He immediately began speaking to her and her opponents, clearly trying to make them uncomfortable, anxious, and so on. It was a painfully obvious tactic, moving amongst them with sneers and scoffs, goading them, picking at their concentration like a scab.

Leda bit her lip to stifle a strained laugh. Did he really think this nonsense would make her turn away? Now?

Never.

She did not listen as Draconis took his turn with Saadi and Vexx, tuning out whatever words he chose to use against them. It would only serve to be a distraction, one she didn’t need. The young woman instead pulled her attentions inward, steadying her heart rate and deepening her breathes, watching the red sands blow in the cold winds.

Too busy wandering in an underground playground? he had asked her just before. It was a puzzling statement, her brow furrowing as she pondered his meaning. The words held weight for her but she could not understand why

Her Master’s presence was then suddenly upon her, pressing in on her mind and disintegrating any other thoughts she had been lingering over. The formidable man’s physical form leaned in close to whisper in her ear, “I had another apprentice once…”

She did not flinch, only straightened, watching him out of the corner of her eye.

“Like you… Bright… Hopefully… Powerful. Better than you…”

He stood directly before her now, and she met his fierce gaze with one of her own.

“I still do not know how you got this far… stumbling over opponents that laid down for you… and still barely managing to survive.”

Her jaw clenched, lips twitching into a small smile that was anything but pleasant. Draconis was not a teacher who coddled his students, certainly not one with a light… touch. But she had always strived to prove her worth as his pupil and his apprentice. Not for praise, but to know that she had given her all and he had witnessed it.

Did he not know the challenges she faced against Prazutis? She had nearly died

Seriously, shut UP.

With a small shake of her head, Leda discarded the doubt before it could take root and become an infestation, which it surely would.

She was not here for him anymore.

As she noted the lumbering figure of Vexx heading towards the maze, Leda broke her stare from her Master and ignored whatever it was Saadi had spit in her direction before he sprinted off on the cyborg’s heels. She did not watch them as they entered the darkened entry point, only remaining aware of herself.

It was time.

Calmly taking a step forward, the winds whipping her dulled hair about in its invisible currents, she took another and another, offering one more small bow of her head in Draconis’ direction as she passed him by.

Arriving at the labyrinth's threshold, Leda was smacked with an overwhelming evil, a stark darkness, nearly halting her right then and there. It permeated everything here, and she could already feel it working its way inside her. Her hands clenched into fists and she cursed, the fire of determination keeping the unnatural chill at bay.

And with that, she strode forward and down the center-most path, storming head first into the fray.

TAGS: Dagobahsystem Kaleesh-Cyborg
    Honorable Judges: Sinrebirth Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent dragonsith13 Darth Kronos E. L.Knight

15. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Tournament of Darkness
    The darkness of the maze was oppressive, upon entering the trio of Champions found themselves moving down corridors, around corners, and avoiding obstacles that you devour and stop even the most astute of warriors. It was nothing more than to be expected. While not taking the same path, they all seem to come upon the same encounter. A shadow? Living Breathing? Alive and in their presence... Their fiery Zabrak Lord himself.
    Ebon Knight and Knight Commander Darth Hades
    The Maze - Anger

Level 2

The cavern was dark as pitch. The sounds of bats and other creatures could heard scurrying along the stones.

Hades was hidden in this darkness. He spoke and his voice echoed throughout the chamber.

"Pathetic. I had hoped you would become great, but you are nothing more than loneliest of peons in skill."

As he taunted them, he moved in the darkness and using the force pelted them with fist sized stones.

"WHERE IS YOUR PASSION!?!" WHERE IS THAT FLAME THAT BURNS HOT AND MOVES YOU TO ACT, TO BE!?!"

As he spoke, his anger filled the chamber, reverberating in the Force. A FAINT glow emanated from the stone showing the paths forward.

"You need to choose. Move straight forward, and you will be confronted by those you've failed.

"Move to the left, and you face me. Move to the right and you will be consumed by the anger of a million Sith to come before you.

"Now choose."

Kaleesh-Cyborg, Dagobahsystem, QueenSabe7

@Darth_wanderguard @Lady Belligerent @Darth Kronos @E. L.Knight Sinrebirth

16. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC

Coming face to face now with Irishi after watching her sidestep the spinning stone I paused raising my sword tip to eye level and then moved it slowly from side to side to study her expression from its wavering emerald light.

When she had first stepped into the arena I had detected a bit of smugness on her face which now had been replaced with a hint of the familiar softness reminding him of her from when they first met in the Temple. She was and had always been a capable swords(wo)man. Confident enough to confront and stand toe to toe with those whose skill level might exceed her own. That courage was still there, I could see it in her eyes staring back at me.

It seems you have continued to hone your saber skills during your time away. I had wondered if you might have neglected your Jedi exercises in your self-imposed exile...but apparently not.

Bringing my blade it a swift slashing downward motion in front of me I then lunge forward and rotating my wrist thrust the tip forward toward her chest in spear-like fashion.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Sarge and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  17. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Maze Level 2 of 7

The nagging of self doubt and worthlessness is something Grievance cannot outrun no matter how doggedly he tries. Those things have become a part of him--leeches feeding off his very soul. The effects are draining. His heavy feet feel as though they are trudging through knee-deep sludge threatening to suck him down in an undercurrent of raw self-loathing. Grievance has never allowed himself to experience this feeling, for it led to self-pity which effectively induced paralysis. The feeling, however foreign, is very real to him now, yet somehow he forges onward through the maze. Leda and Saadi remain far from his mind. He is no longer competing against them, but against himself; against his own psychology.

As he moves on through the maze's twists and turns, stumbling in the dark as the floor beneath him dips and slopes up and down irregularly, the sounds of the night creatures have no effect on him. Bats and other such things have never bothered him. His reptilian yellow eyes glow faintly as he squints through the darkness. Normally his night vision is very good, but something about this darkness is very near blinding to him. The ability he is so used to having suddenly dulled to almost nothing causes him to feel the slightest touch of fear. He could be easily ambushed here and he wouldn't put it past Draconis to have something or someone lying in wait for him here.

His hunch is almost correct as a voice seems to emanate from the darkness itself. It is a familiar voice and Grievance almost places it when he is suddenly pelted with a hailstorm of stones. They clang loudly as they ricochet forcefully off his durasteel body. Though physical pain is not something he would normally experience from this, the Kaleesh cyborg is shocked to feel a sting almost equivalent to blaster bolts hitting him.

"WHERE IS YOUR PASSION!?!" WHERE IS THAT FLAME THAT BURNS HOT AND MOVES YOU TO ACT? TO BE?!"

Grievance knows the voice now. It is the Knight Commander; his master in this sect of the Dark Side. Darth Hades. Though he knows he has put forth much effort to prove himself a worthy apprentice to the Zabrak warrior, the words of his master immerse him in shame. He feels no more than an inch tall in the face of this tongue-lashing. Shame and disgrace. Dishonor. Words he has fought hard to keep away from his name and his heritage. They have suddenly become glued to him, marring his character; his reputation as a diehard fighter. The weight and intensity of the Force causes the ringing in his head to ascend again, high in pitch and torturous to him. Sudden panic makes him think about backing away; not going any further. He curses himself in Kaleesh for the allowing himself the temptation of cowardice behavior. In his mind, he seals the wall behind him; there is nowhere to go but deeper.

"You need to choose. Move straight forward, and you will be confronted by those you've failed. Move to the left, and you face me. Move to the right, and you will be consumed by the anger of a million Sith to come before you. Now choose."

Taking all things into consideration against the distracting tinnitus is a chore as it has a way of making a train wreck out of his thoughts, Grievance weighs the options, looking for the greatest challenge for that is what he will gravitate toward. The nature of his soul thrives on challenge; the gamble in which the odds are stacked the highest against him. His blasted honor may be the death of him one day, but that is what all challenges must serve to do for him: seal his honor.

It is tempting to choose the path in which he will be faced with his master. Will it initiate a duel? That possibility makes it extremely tempting. Even in his condition, the Kaleesh warrior is always ready for a good fight. But will this do anything to help him combat the wounds directed at his worth?

Next choice. The anger of a million Sith. What is the purpose in that? To prove survival? Would his survival bring true honor? He cannot see how. He's seen plenty of angry Sith. Hell, most of them are angry twenty-four/seven, three-hundred and sixty-five. The idea isn't anything terribly new or interesting to him.

His mind goes back to the first option given; to face confrontation from the ones he has failed. The very idea causes him to feel weak in the knees. This option, above all the others, holds the highest possibility of crushing him from the competition. He has tried his hardest to fail no one and he truly doesn't know if he has succeeded at every turn. If he chooses this path, whom will he face? Is Hades one he will wind up facing anyway if he takes this path? Draconis? Reiis Invadator? Force forbid he is confronted by his mother. Even worse, his father. The weight of that thought alone threatens to collapse his will to go on.

I must know, he thinks to himself, I must know if I am failing.

It will be painful; he knows that. It will be a wound on his pride. It will be a blow to his honor. But he also knows it will cause pain he can use. The pain and fear of bearing the anger of a million Sith will not be of much use to him. Sith whom he has never known will mean nothing to him. The wrath of Hades would have more of an impact, but only because it would be on a personal level. Grievance is his apprentice.

Never one to shy away from the greatest of challenges, Grievance knows which one is his to take. The path that leads straight forward. If he has failed Hades, he will know; if he has failed Draconis, he will know; if he has failed his father or his mother or a friend, he will know and he already has plans to use that knowledge and that pain to alter his course for the better to ensure that failure is avoided from this point onward. His tired but determined eyes fix on the darkness where Hades's voice resonates and he strides forward, ready to face his fate and whatever torture it has waiting for him.

Tag: dragonsith13 QueenSabe7 Dagobahsystem

18. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Tournament of Darkness: Level 2
    Cavern

How long had she been walking? Minutes? Hours? More?

Leda clutched the sides of her head with her hands, mussing up her tangled, pale blonde hair even further. There was this constant pressure in her skull that had not relented since she had taken her first step inside these damned walls. It felt as though she had placed her brain in a vice, the sensation working at what little calm she had left. Already.

She was aware it was the weight of the dark side, pushing and pulling at her thoughts and feelings from all sides and every angle. It was difficult to harness at this magnitude and it was as though she were being overrun by its power, not fueled by it.

“Kriff,” she growled through clenched teeth as her arms fell back to her sides. She continued to trudge through dark passages, around mysterious corners and down endless corridors, feeling as though she had made no progress whatsoever. Glaring at a particular fissure in a stone barricade that loomed before her, she suddenly feared she had been walking in circles.

“What… am I… supposed… to DO?!” she screeched suddenly. Leda halted and stomped once with a foot, acting as a child would while throwing a foolish tantrum. Patience had never been her strong suit, a weakness that she constantly struggled to overcome. Still, she knew better but the oppressive sensation on her mind did not lessen its distracting effects and she retaliated with brash anger. The warrior loathed not having a direction, a focus, anything. A dozen crazed rancors charging straight for her would be preferred over this… wandering aimlessly through the dark.

She paced on the spot, clenching and unclenching her hands as she went. This place may very well drive her mad – and perhaps that was the point. Panic and frustration were rearing their ugly heads far too early, and she had yet to face anything even approaching what she would consider to be a 'challenge'.

Shaking herself out of the downward spiral she was on, she leaned her back against the nearest wall and closed her eyes tight, attempting to find some semblance of calm among her internal chaos. Leda reminded herself that the maze in and of itself was a challenge, something she had to conquer in order to succeed; what was hiding in its shadows would only come to light when the time was right.

As her emotions slowly righted themselves, she opened her eyes and began to move forward – backward? - once more. The area she was currently progressing through was coated in a blanket of mist, and she reached out with her senses, now feeling more centered than she had at the start. All she could pick up on at first was the ever-present pull of the Force, its cold currents flowing every which way and through everything.

But then there was something else; a point that drew her in as a black hole does all light.

Leda smirked, allowing herself a moment of self-satisfaction. Allowing her instincts to guide her, she pushed forward again, the fog breaking a few moments later. A short distance away was a large hole in one of the walls, an entrance of some sort. What was inside she did not know, but it was without a doubt where she was supposed to be. The Force was practically screaming at her to go inside, so she did.

As soon as her body crossed over into opening, the scenery changed with a disorienting quickness. Any light, no matter how insignificant was extinguished, coating all in a black so thick she was sure it could be physically touched. But it was not silent. The scurrying of various things could be heard; both far away and uncomfortably close. She spun anxiously around in circles, retaining her hold on her focus and remaining vigilant for any immediate threats.

And there indeed was one.

"Pathetic. I had hoped you would become great, but you are nothing more than loneliest of peons in skill."

A voice, harsh and taunting, rang out from no one distinct spot. Apprehension seized Leda in that moment, not being able to see a physical form, but knowing exactly who the speaker was.

Lord Hades, the zabrak Ebon Knight and Knight Commander of her order. He was a formidable being, one she had never herself come face to face with before and though she couldn’t look upon his visage just then, she knew she was now.

Thwack.

She grunted as something small and solid struck her shoulder, a sharp pain radiating down her arm as the object fell to the ground at her feet with a dull thud. She fumed, working hard to sense any further ‘attacks’. “Not cool,” she mumbled, ducking at the last moment before hearing another of these unknown items whizz by, right where her head had just been.

"WHERE IS YOUR PASSION!?!" WHERE IS THAT FLAME THAT BURNS HOT AND MOVES YOU TO ACT, TO BE!?!"

“I HAVE passion!” she dared to shout back at him, enraged that her enthusiasm would ever be called into question. Her anger flared, quashing more objects as they sailed towards her, feeling the uncomfortable sting of the few she could not stop. Her ire grew and was bolstered by another’s – Hades – its strength nearly taking her breath away. In the midst of these multiple distractions, she almost missed the illuminated stones that appeared, pointing off in three different directions.

"Move straight forward, and you will be confronted by those you've failed. Move to the left, and you face me. Move to the right and you will be consumed by the anger of a million Sith to come before you.

Now choose.”

Leda’s mouth went dry as she stared down the left path first. Face Hades. Face him how? A duel? A battle of wit? It was a vague option at best and one that unwillingly filled her with fear.

The right path next. Face the rage of generations of Sith. To what end? To gain power and knowledge? Or to be torn apart by the incomprehensible hate of those stronger than she? It was a confusing notion and her heart raced as she contemplated what it would mean.

And last, the center path. Face those you have failed. This caused her pause. She had never known any family, only the Sith. Had she truly let anyone down before? Draconis, her master, would’ve surely let it be known if she had. And there was no one else. No one that she considered to be close enough so that their opinions would matter. With confidence she could see this would be her easiest option, the path of least resistance.

That made it impossible to choose. Knights were not cowards and neither was she.

Her bright stare narrowed on the almost automatic choice right as she made it, her feet carrying her towards the marked walkway. She held her head high but could not prevent small, nervous tremors from racking her body. She was afraid but would not deny it, she would use it, however would be required.

Thus, Leda began her journey down the right path and by extension, into the past.

TAGS: Dagobahsystem Kaleesh-Cyborg
    Honorable Judges: Sinrebirth Darth_wanderguard Lady Belligerent dragonsith13 Darth Kronos E. L.Knight

19. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    ToD: Maze Level 2

Wondering how far the wandering might take to make the meandering more meaningful or perhaps meaningless, either way it suited the changeling to soak in the sensual darkness, relish the solitude and find new ways for fear to be full of sweet comfort and pure joyous exaltation; blood glowing brighter with each frightful step, pulsating more vibrantly and growing ever darker, more sinister, more in tune with pure evil; alas this is what it meant to be truly alive, the closer death pulled at one's throat, the more furious the pain, the sadder, more dissonant the notes and colors of the music and art, the more life was given to the ruthless dark creature stumbling through this cesspool seemingly aimlessly, yet really sucking in every nuance and subtlety, becoming one with it, integrating, chewing, swallowing, digesting, processing, and defecating, then asking for more in a never ending cycle of fear, anger, hatred, suffering, rage, disintegration, back stabbing, hypocrisy, scheming, chaos and ultimately an ineffable sense of bliss known only to those who can embrace all sides of the Force while maintaining a calm center that thrives on the dark side, passion dictating all actions especially in the destruction of peace; these dark thoughts enveloped and strengthened Saadi such that he struggled to wipe the evil grin from his face as he traversed the mercurial darkness.

Hearing the bats, Saadi reached out with the dark side, catching one in his outstretched left hand, and squeezing, broke it's neck. Must keep using my arm if it is to heal, he reasoned. Must refuel, Saadi thought, as he bit into the body of the bat, his teeth scrounging for any meat underneath the prickly fur body. Better than nothing and certainly a much more fresh meal than that sadist Draconis had provided, Saadi laughed as he grabbed another bat, this time with his right hand and repeated the process, yes, the sick Clawdite was now double fisting his bat blood meat cocktail meal and loving it sadly or not. Using a bat wing to wipe the bloody hairs from his lips, Saadi sensed a truly sinister presence and his countenance grew tense and attentive.

Several strange stones pummeled Saadi repeatedly, pushing him into a corner as he initially refused to counter them, instead choosing to enjoy the never ending cycle of pain that was his lot in life. He again thought about Draconis's lifeless and headless corpse. The stones piled up around Saadi and he let them, shielding his skull. Then, using Force push, the assassin sent the rocks exploding outward in a stony firework display. Rising to his feet, Saadi noticed some new, fluid yielding injuries on his battered body and scoffed. 'Kriff you all,' he muttered.

Hearing the unexpected voice of Darth Hades briefly startled Saadi as he hardly knew him; just enough to know enough.

'Where is your passion?' Darth Hades commanded.

Saadi thought it best to remain respectfully silent as he was quite unsure of what this fearsome Sith Knight Commander was getting at in the long run.

Three lovely choices were presented much to Saadi's delight; for if one had signed up for a death mission it was best to enjoy it and relish the feelings of fear, apprehension and self doubt.

Choosing left was not an option, however, as Saadi had no wish to be slaughtered by Darth Hades in a confrontation. At least not until he had a chance to kill the cyborg or maybe the girl anyway. What would it matter of bravery to foolishly challenge a Lord as powerful as Hades at this early stage, thereby commiting suicide and achieving nothing, not even the death of undeserving cowards.

Move straight forward and face those Saadi had failed? Bah, humbug. 'Kriff those kriffing failures themselves for betraying me' Saadi raged internally, having been triggered by the insulting choice. Did kriffing Yoda inspire this self help, soul searching, self seeking option? 'What the kriff!' Saadi screamed in virulent disdain at the thought of the Jedi and any so called Sith who dabbled in their teachings for self development.

No. Never. Not no how. The only clear option was to move to the right.
    Be consumed by the anger of a million Sith that came before Saadi! Now we're talking, Saadi thought joyously as he became aroused, anxiously awaiting this inimical and beautifully vitriolic challenge.

Clenching his left fist into a tight grip, Saadi felt the wound on his left arm evacuating a yellowish fluid, yet strangely feeling stronger than only hours earlier. Raising the arm to his mouth, Saadi licked the puss from the wound and swallowed it. That which doesn't kriffing kill me, only me makes me that much more powerful, Saadi thought. Tightening his tunic and carefully rechecking the weapons on his belt, Darth Saadi once again sprinted to the right, his eyes burning a sad golden color as a sickeningly sweet string serenade played in his disturbed mind.

Tag:QueenSabe7 Kaleesh-Cyborg
    Honorable judges: Sinrebirth Lady Belligerent E. L.Knight Darth_wanderguard dragonsith13 Darth Kronos

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Watching the ToD: Maze Level II

Ah, to be or not to be. That surely is the question. To look and to see two such as thee choose to face that which is me amplified by 50,000. . .oh what it does to boil the essence and churn the ether that you think or dare that such a thing is a betterment or better road to hoe than that which was straight or bent another way. Prick a finger, take a dare, perhaps I'll join to meet you there and add another drop of rage unto the sea that you yet wade.

Delicious and true may thine passions be true, for only in this is the flavor of anger truly of value. For the rage at the dying of a light and the passing of a torch is the thing all mortals must bear, but as death has yet taken so the fire burns dimly. Though a dim fire a million times over can burn as sure as a star. Oh how I envy and watch you each with ire and desire.

Step it out lively, step it out now. I look forward to that which comes and savor the wounds that surely must flow. Survive or die. To the strong the victory, to the weak my supper.

TAG: None
    Dagobahsystem, @QueenSabe7 @Kaleesh-Cyborg
    Honorable judges: @Sinrebirth @Lady Belligerent @E. L.Knight @Darth_wanderguard @dragonsith13 @Darth Kronos

21. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Tournament of Darkness

Seeking to make their way, they chose. Feeling it was the choice they had to make, needed to make… With each choice came the darkness, pain, and suffering of the choice they made, and only still more corridors and bends. Finding another figure before them… Cloaked in darkness…

Ebon Knight Lord Kronos
    Level 3

Hatred.

It was an emotion vital to the Sith.

It fueled them through their obstacles; pushed them towards their aspirations; gave them focus; made them stronger.

And that emotion would guide the final contestants through this third stage.

A deep layer of mist had settled upon the maze, its hedges becoming unrecognizable the further the contestants moved. Darkness had engulfed this particular area of the maze, making it so that one would have to use their lightsaber to maneuver without constantly tripping. A sharp cold made itself known. A tingling feeling sent through the spine, deeply unsettling to most, normal for the Sith - yet even then it was sharp enough to be noteworthy. It was as if the temperature had dropped several degrees below freezing, yet one's breath could not be seen.

The maze had taken the contestants into a circular area - hard for them to see - with three options of route: left, middle, and right. The left led to a path of darkness as the hedges of the maze grew thicker, covering the open ceiling. No light pierced its way through the hedges. The middle led to a misty destination - even thicker than the mist at the start. The right felt cold. And was covered in darkness and mist.

An apparition of a man revealed himself, stepping through the thick layer of mist - from the middle route - but still kept himself within the shadows. Any distinguishable physical features could not be seen. Only a black shadow, sinister in appearance, could be seen through the two factors of sight disability. He stood tall, far above each contestant.

The apparition spoke with a loud and threatening voice. "Hatred - you all feel it. Embrace it. Let yourselves get consumed by it. Because of your own failings. Because of your hatred of those higher than you, an intense need to elevate yourself above those who are above you. And because of the unknown - your fate, for example."

The apparition remained standing still as he turned his head to the left and gestured in the same direction. "To your left, you will face your personal demons. To move on you must vanquish them. Rid yourself of those that hold you back from greatness."

His right hand - which was pointing to the left side from their point of view - dropped and both were placed at either side. "Travel through the middle and you face a superior. One who, even indirectly, prevents you from quickly advancing through the ranks."

His left hand - their right - pointed to that direction. "To your right, you face the unknown. An unsureness. Even I do not know what awaits you if you decide to travel down that path. For even I hate the unknown."

All three options had been detailed. All of the paths had an element of the unknown. All of the choices had mysterious outcomes.

The voice boomed again. "So, come along. Embrace that hatred and enter the unknown."

With those words, the tall apparition stepped backwards, in a straight line, into the shadowy mist, applying a visual metaphor to the conclusion of his speech.

@Dagobahsystem, @QueenSabe7 @Kaleesh-Cyborg
    @Sinrebirth @Lady Belligerent @E. L.Knight @Darth_wanderguard @Darth Kronos

22. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    ToD: Maze Level 3

Saadi had a problem. Or what to most normal beings would appear to be a problem. He liked the darkness. This was natural for him. He was used to it. Had been raised in it and tortured in it while only a child. The darkness kept him hidden. Kept him in a strong position to attack his enemies. The darkness was his friend.

Pain. Not a problem for Saadi. He was used to it. He was born into pain. His parents murdered as he lay in his crib. Pain a constant ever since. It made him stronger. It created a shield of impenetrable hatred and disdain around him. He did not fear death.

Suffering, while a problem for most creatures, was not for this clawdite. Something would seem amiss without it. It was a constant. The galaxy was filled with suffering. Family members torched. Indeed, entire villages burned. A senator dying in childbirth. A great and powerful Sith Lord, one whom Saadi admired, beheaded by Jedi scum. Children slaughtered. Mothers tortured in the desert. Planetary destruction. An entire space station with nearly a million people aboard, destroyed in the blink of an eye. Patricide. These things mattered not to Darth Saadi. Why should they? Was he to blame? What should he do about it?
    He sought revenge against the Jedi. Murderers. Hypocrites. Liars. The lot of them.
    Revenge! It gave him focus. It gave him great strength.

A tall, dark shadow emerged before the assassin, sinister in appearance and enveloped in wicked darkness. It suddenly grew very cold and Saadi felt a shiver pass over him, initially making him mildly uncomfortable, although he quickly assimilated the feeling and relished it. What else was there?

The demonic figure spoke: 'Hatred-you all feel it. Embrace it. Let yourselves get consumed by it.'

Saadi liked the words spoken by the mysterious figure. Hatred was something the clawdite had embraced from an early age. Hatred was all he had ever known. Never once had the opposite emotion penetrated his black, destroyed heart of darkness. Hatred consumed his every waking moment. Even if he experienced a mirthful moment while enjoying someone else's suffering.

Again, three choices were presented. One would face their personal demons to the left. Well, that didn't sound like much fun to Saadi. It reminded him of Jedi teachings. Saadi had heard about an ancient teacher who lived in a swamp and this sounded like something he would suggest. Kriff the Jedi!

Travel through the center to face a superior. Well, that seemed like it was inevitable anyway. If he survived. And option three?

To the right lay the unknown. This option appealed to Saadi the most as it played to his strengths, as this was a normal part of his existence. He assumed he might do well in this scenario. He was not afraid either. Death be not proud.

Indeed the strange voice boomed 'enter the unknown'. Was this some sort of clue? Was this some sort of trap?

However, just as he was to head to the right, the apparition slid backwards in a straight line, disappearing into the heavy mist. Wait. Was he beckoning the assassin to follow him into the center?
    What sort of devilry was this?

Hesitating for another moment, the sad Saadi began hearing an eerie female voice singing forlorn, demented melodies in his head, the voice getting louder with each passing moment.

"Enough!" Saadi shouted as he sprinted to the right, ignoring the pain in his stone wracked body as he let his spirit be overtaken with thoughts of the unknown and the promise of a sweet and painful death.

Tags: QueenSabe7 Kaleesh-Cyborg

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011

IC

Swinging her lightsaber side to side, before bringing the sword vertical in front of her, Irishi says: To be frankly, I do feel a bit rusted after not being in a lightsaber duel for so long time. She sends the Rancor Pit ceiling a quick glance, before bringing her attention back to Ananta and smiles; I do wonder how the out-come would have been with the droids if I stopped with the saber practice during my exile.

As she's paying close attention to her sparring partner, Ananta's next move did not come as a surprice. Just as his lightsaber tip was inches from her chest, Irishi moves her left foot and makes a 180 degrees turn. Afterwards, several things happen; Irishi ducks quickly while she deactivates her lightsaber on the way down, places both of her hands and her left knee on the ground, and swipes Ananta's feet with her right foot.

TAG Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Maze Level 3 of 7

The path leading straight forward leads Grievance Vexx into a cavern that somehow causes the Kaleesh warrior to think of a burial tomb. There is even something of death to be sensed here; not a smell or the imagination gone wild, but almost an actual presence. The cavern is as black as the depths of the Jenuwaa Sea on Kalee and this frustrates Grievance as he has never felt so blind and ill at ease in the dark. Navigating under the cover of night has never been an issue for him, but this...this is a form of torture.

As he stands in what feels like the dead center of the cavern, trying to no avail to get his bearings, the ringing in his head alerts him to a subtle use of the Force and it is close. There is the hollow, chilling sound of stone grating against stone and he feels a sensation like the ground beneath him is moving; rotating slowly on some hidden axis. He dares not move, for he doesn't know if he is standing on a small circle of safety surrounded by an abyss or if everything is truly solid around him.

"I had expected so much more from you."

A voice, cold, hollow, and indifferent, echoes around him in the dark with no definitive way of telling what direction it is coming from. Grievance tries to identify the voice, but it sounds like many speaking at the same time. Draconis? No. Hades? No. He would almost swear it is both of them speaking in perfect unison. The echo is so deep that it continues to resound off the walls long after the words are spoken, but each echo sounds different, thwarting the cyborg's efforts to accurately identify the speaker. It sounds like Draconis...then Hades...then Reiis Invadator...then his mother and then...oh, Force, no! One of those echoing voices sounds just like Qymaen Jai Sheelal. His father.

"Poor confused and uneducated Kaleesh," the voice resonates with condescension once again, unidentifiable as it echoes and sounds different each time, "How long must we contend with your stubbornness?"

Grievance suddenly doubles over as though from a sucker punch straight to the gut. In fact, he literally feels like a fist has pummeled him dead center. Physically impossible, given his soft and vulnerable parts are shielded by a durasteel exoskeleton, but this feels just like a rock-solid fist has punched him right in the stomach, bringing him to his knees and rendering him without the breath to speak.

"You don't know who hit you," the voice taunts, "And it's not likely that you ever will for you fight against your own power. Foolish beast."

Another blow. This one strikes like a kick to his spine, sending him jerking forward to fall on his face in the dark. He then feels the weight of someone or something digging the heel of their boot into his back, pinning him where he has fallen.

"You are pathetic! A waste of nuts and bolts! Who has struck you, Force-sensitive Kaleesh? Identify your assailant! You don't need the sight of your eyes to figure it out! Hell, if you had used your abilities in your youth, you might not have been turned into a monstrous clanking clattering collection of droid parts in the first place!"

The weight on his back grinds down one final time before releasing him and the cyborg cautiously lifts himself up off the ground, his wariness heightened as he now expects to be struck again. The words strike his soul like the cruel lash of a whip. Perhaps the voice--whomever it belongs to--is speaking the truth. He has the Force and yet he abstains from using it on purpose. How much better off could he be if he were to embrace it? Could he really have saved himself from the cruel fate he has suffered as a cyborg?

"You are failing me, foolish Kaleesh, and you will perish in your stubbornness. Use your power and identify the one speaking to you! Do it now! Identify the one who struck you down in two blows! Or...remain blind and perish in this tomb you have chosen for yourself. For without the Force, you will never find your way out."

And with that final comment, the voice is heard no more. Only fading traces echo from the walls, leaving Grievance with plenty to think about and consider. Is it worth the trouble to resist? He can sense that whoever was speaking to him is still in the room. He is not alone. The individual only now chooses to remain silent, passively applying pressure to him to tap into his abilities. Should he submit and use the Force to find his way out of here? Or should he stubbornly cling to the resources he is familiar with; all the instincts and training that has sustained him for his entire life? That voice could have belonged to any one of the individuals he feared meeting here; at one point or another, it sounded like each one of them. Is he really failing his father by not using his power? There is only one way to find out.

With what little he knows of how to activate the Force within himself, Grievance focuses his mind on whatever will help him identify the person or persons who had been speaking to him. He closes his eyes against the dark, willing himself to let the Force do...whatever it does for a Sith. Anger toward himself burns in his mind and he suddenly feels a surge of...something. Opening his eyes, he is stunned to find that he can actually see in all this blackness. Even more shocking is the figure standing before him; a cyborg identical to himself. His heart sinks in his chest; so it had been General Grievous, Qymaen Jai Sheelal, his father, whom he was failing.

Daring to reach out a clawed hand, he tries to touch the other cyborg, who moves as well as though reaching out to him. His hand meets solid cold glass. A mirror. Grievance Vexx had been trapped in a room with no one else but himself. So that is whom he is failing.

Himself.

He cannot explain this phenomenon or where the voices had come from, but the profound message is clear. In the end, all of his stubbornness is only hurting himself. A difficult reality to face; a bitter pill to swallow. But the cyborg does not shun this lesson; he takes every bit of it to heart.

Lowering his head and leaning against his hand resting on the mirror, he is surprised to hear a soft grating noise and feel the mirror give under his weight. The mirror is a door that opens deeper into the maze; further into his destiny. As he crosses the threshold into deepening blackness and mist that robs him of sight once again, he knows the room behind him has forever changed him. Though shaken by the experience, he moves on with determination through the slipping and stumbling walk down the path that leads him forward. He has a better understanding now and he is ready to face the next challenge. However he is not ready for the loudness of the voice of the next presumed guide in this maze. It doesn't frighten him, but it does startle him as the volume imposes on his introspective thoughts.

"Hatred - you all feel it. Embrace it. Let yourselves get consumed by it. Because of your own failings. Because of your hatred of those higher than you, an intense need to elevate yourself above those who are above you. And because of the unknown - your fate, for example."

Hatred for my own failings? the cyborg thinks to himself wryly, Way ahead of you there, shadow dweller.

Try as he might, Grievance can't see the point to all this hatred. It seems like a waste of energy to him. Not that he is full of warm fuzzy feelings for the galaxy--quite the contrary. But he has no reason to hate those above him unless they have gotten above him by hurting someone who didn't deserve it. That warrants hatred in his mind. Unable to fuel any sort of hatred through the shadow figure's instructions, he modifies them in his mind. He can easily hate the Jedi, the Huk, the Sith who had turned him into a cyborg. Hating himself isn't all that difficult either, but hating superiors is pointless to him. There are other things worth hating that make more sense. Hatred for the unknown? Also pointless. Most things unknown become known in time and sometimes whether they want to be known or not.

He shakes his head, realizing he is becoming distracted by these things. The important information here is what will be faced with each option. Personal demons to the left. Somehow he feels he has already done this and to choose that option seems like it would be backtracking over ground he's already tread upon. A superior in the middle; one who apparently is a hindrance in advancement. He is admittedly curious about this one. The unknown to the right. Doesn't that option technically apply to any of the three choices? He shakes his head again. Why is he getting so distracted by these things? Perhaps he is getting pulled too deep into the riddles of this place; overthinking something meant to be simple. Or maybe his physical weakness is starting to get to him. He doesn't know, but his curiosity leads him to choose the center path once again for the third time. He has his hunches on who would hold them back deliberately, but a hunch is just a hunch. He would rather know the facts.

Tag: dragonsith13 QueenSabe7 Dagobahsystem

25. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Before

Beyond the illuminated pathway she had selected, Leda found herself in a vast chamber that had a faint, natural glow of light. She could only barely see the nondescript walls that surrounded her but as her head tilted back, she could not make out any ceiling above, only a never ending void that hung there… as if it were just waiting to drop and swallow her whole.

She had no idea what to expect by her choice, but she was here now. Waiting…

You have no idea what true power is.

She whirled about on the spot, grasping her saber hilt at her side but not yet removing it from her belt. A voice had spoken, loud and precise, but she could not find a physical source or sense a single presence.

WE do.

It came again, elevating into a grating tone filled with echoes upon echoes, as if many beings were speaking – yelling - at once. “Who are you?” she whispered, still seeking to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. Still not finding anything in the way of a solid body, the warrior was suddenly accosted by signatures in the Force. Not just a few or even many. There was an incomprehensible amount, the energy of their abrupt appearance knocking the breath from her lungs.

‘A million Sith to come before you,’ Hades had said. That fear Leda had allowed to take root only moments prior nearly consumed her then, her mind unable to truly grasp the sheer intensity of the emotions that began to press in on her.

You have only touched the doorway to greatness.

She gasped for air and collapsed down to her knees, torrents of darkness now battering her body and mind. She couldn’t decipher them separately; to her it was one great mass that encircled her like a tornado of black, raw fury.

WE have been over the threshold.

She bent forward against the escalating winds of the dead, digging her fingers into the soft dirt as sand particles lifted from the ground to assault her face and any other exposed skin. She tried to summon a Force shield for protection, but each and every attempt was torn apart by the unseen forces that continued to claw at her with unrelenting power.

You aspire to be much more than you are. WE are what you reach for.

Tears streamed down Leda’s face and she tasted blood, having bit her lip in frustration. What was the lesson here? To be ground down into the dirt by a bunch of long forgotten Sith? To be ripped to shreds by their combined might? To lie here and take it?

But you have never known anger as WE have, the depths of rage for which the dark side is fueled.

Leda ground her teeth at the accusation, a low growl crawling up her throat in protest.

Anger. She knew anger. True, unbridled, blinding wrath had aided her well when she needed it most, and as she felt as though she may combust from the oppressive darkness that swarmed the chamber, the young woman knew it was needed in this moment. To survive and to move on to whatever her Master had conjured up next, the maze was her priority and this, the first of many obstacles.

YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED WITHOUT IT.

“Will you SHUT the kriff UP!” Leda howled, taking her fear and irritation and twisting them upon one another until they were one. She thought of how Hades accused her of lacking passion. She recalled her struggles and failures during her previous duels. And she drudged up the revealing vision she had been subjected to not too long ago, her maybe-possibly-probably father’s face popping into her mind. She dug and dug deep for it all, each unexplainable mystery of her life and the secrets she will never be able to uncover due to what happened when the Sith fled Typhojem’s reach.

Every. Single. Piece.

She was burning. Her chest hot with a bright fury that turned her yellow-green eyes the unnatural shade of a setting sun. Her hands were clenched into fists and her face was screwed up in concentration. The presences that kept on with their taunts and proclamations of greatness took on a different color to her now. Their strength was palpable… and she wanted it for herself.

With a steadying breath she shot upright and shoved out with the Force. Utilizing the dark side, she began drawing in what was trying to break her down, feeding hungrily on the plethora of negative emotions and using their anger against them – consume essence, a skill that she did not call upon often enough. She no longer felt assaulted by what she could not handle, instead she felt strengthened by it.

A surge of electric passion rushed up her body and she gasped, throwing her head back and her arms out to her sides, loosing a blast of energy that she could not contain for a second more. And just as quickly as it had happened, it stopped. She lost the sensation of the multitude of Force signatures, as if flicking off the lights they all of a sudden dropped out of existence.

Hearing faint whispers in the back of her mind, her eyes rolled back in her head and all went black.

Tournament of Darkness: Level 3
    Anger

Leda woke with a start, sitting on the damp stone, her back propped up against a towering wall of the maze. She stared blankly at an identical one across the narrow path, her eyes wide and mouth hanging open, the expression portraying a sort of frozen state of shock. Or confusion.

Probably both.

Definitely both.

She reached a hand up to her lip, where she recalled having drawn blood. It was tender and swollen, the small wound still fresh. She slowly climbed to her feet, her body protesting quick movements. She felt bruised from the inside out and she groaned, her temper a hairpin turn away from reigniting.

It was as if she was an exposed nerve, the anger she had used to push past the first challenge still running over her skin like electricity. It was unsettling, and yet intoxicating.

Leda sucked in a deep breath, then realizing how frigid the air around her had become. Slowly casting her gaze about, a thick mist began to blanket the area and she removed her saber from her belt, igniting the blade. With measured steps, the warrior pressed on as best she could by the pale yellow glow.

Shelving her most recent experience for the time being, she remained alert on the here and now. The temperature continued to drop and she could feel the chill in the marrow of her bones. She was closing in on something, that much was apparent, and a short while later she stepped out into yet another open area of some sort. Circular in shape, her eyes immediately noticed another trio of exits before her; left, center, and right.

"Hatred - you all feel it,” a voice rang out from the fog, causing her to nearly roll her eyes in barely suppressed annoyance. But this was not a repeat of before, her eyes finding the speaker a second later; a figure, cloaked in mystery.

“Embrace it. Let yourselves get consumed by it. Because of your own failings. Because of your hatred of those higher than you, an intense need to elevate yourself above those who are above you. And because of the unknown - your fate, for example."

The being then laid out their new options, each one not without its own set of vague challenges.

Puzzles. More fragging puzzles.

She considered each route in turn as she had the first time, but now she found it to be a far simpler decision. Sure, she still felt on edge, as if one gentle nudge would send her spiraling out of control. The unstable aspect of her emotions gave her an odd sense of confidence, made her feel daring. She wanted to take a risk, and of the trio of choices she had been presented with, facing a fellow Sith of a higher rank than she fit perfectly.

Her feet already in motion, Leda stalked off towards the center path, the fog swirling about as she passed through.

TAGS: @Dagobahsystem @Kaleesh-Cyborg
    Honorable Judges: @Sinrebirth @Darth_wanderguard @Lady Belligerent @dragonsith13 @Darth Kronos @E. L.Knight