main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge

*waving the dust away from his face*

"We'll need to talk to her about where she blows the dust next time. As for him, that was quite an elegant disengage; nice tight circle of the point leading into a strong beat attack to open her up to a thrust on the inside line. Very nicely done."

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora
    Dueling Pit

The blades stopped on their upward trajectory, locked together.
    He kept at a good distance, around a half-meter outside the danger zone.

The sabers' blended light lent an eerie radiance around the arena.

He pushed back against Vanora's blade, came off the lock and instantly re-engaged them again with a barely perceptible movement.

Vanora felt her momentum give back as her blade was pressed hard down to her left;

Suddenly, in less time than it took to blink, he drove his blade toward Vanora's unguarded chest.

Vanora fell back in what appeared to be a clumsy tumble but at the last second brought her saber tip up in a spinning figure eight and deflected the beam of the adversary's blade back the way it came.

@GenOochy

Ananta Chetan, Sarge and GenOochy like this.
  3. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: The Sith Peon (formerly known as Darth N'farious)

There it was, for a moment. Her eyes flared and her balance began to falter as she retreated from his lunge before she found her footing and routed his blade in an effective parry. He had seen a moment of weakness, though, and it answered his question. She probably had not experienced combat with a Makashi practitioner before, at least not extensively. From the way she held her blade and parried his with battering figure-eight, he figured she had been primarily trained in Soresu. Her defense was strong, but her offense was unrefined, each attack was merely an uncalculated slash at the largest opening available at the moment. His smile widened as he resumed his assault.

His goal now was to get her back on her heels. Coming off her parry, he jabbed again, but as a feint; withdrawing his blade before making contact. He pressed again with the same jab and feigned lunge, pulling back before he followed through. Each time this was to get her to react to an attack that never came and hopefully cause her to retreat a bit more.

The withdraw of his blade from the second feint was followed by a swooping motion of his saber, as if cracking a whip, accompanied by a lunge to bring the blade towards her neck as if to relieve the Togruta of her head.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Dueling Pit

He jabbed again, as a feint.

Vanora watched as he withdrew the blade before making contact.

He pressed again with a second jab and feigned lunge.

Suddenly, he made a swooping motion of his saber then a lunge to bring the blade towards her neck.

Vanora deflected with her blade held parallel above her head and thought fast.
    She reached out and pulled 2 serving droids off their feet. The clatter as they impacted and fell down the arena steps made her opponent involuntarily look around.
    She took advantage of that momentary distraction to aim a similar strike as his exposed collarbone.

@GenOochy

5. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

What the young Jedi lacked in finesse she was making up for in ingenuity. She batted his slash to her neck away, and raised her saber above her head. He took the moment to prepare for the telegraphed overhead slash, before she reached out with the Force to grab something behind him. His blade still coming up to a defensive block, he stole a momentary glance over his shoulder to see violent movement of something on the stairs; a droid perhaps? It was only at the last moment did he catch the arc of her blade coming down on him, and moved to catch it with his own blade. Ducking under the interlocked blades, he pushed them over and away from him, deftly stepping in a twist that brought him out of range of her blades and on guard to catch what he assumed would be a flying droid aimed towards him.

But the droid didn't come, instead the two server droids came to noisy rest at the bottom of the stairs. Now with a few meters between them he relaxed, bringing his blade to a low guard. He stepped towards her, bladeing his body with the unguarded left side towards her and raised his left hand to wag an index finger at her, the smile of his unnaturally sharp teeth returning.

"Well done, Jedi," he said. "Unorthodox and vexatious; not something you see often from your kind."

He began to move from her right to left, keeping the distance between them at around two meters; his sabre still held back behind him.

"Manners!" He exclaimed, gesturing casually with his free hand, then bringing it to his chest in a sardonic pose of pseudo-offense. "Where are our manners? I don't even know who I have the pleasure of addressing--of combating--here today! Please, allow me to introduce myself, which, admittedly is difficult. I am but a man of wealth and taste, but of no name. You may call me what you wish. And who might you be, Jedi?"

He sneered, watching her carefully for any indication of attack, ready to bring his blade to bear against any assault.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Jedi-Sith Pit Rumble

Breathe...just breathe. I mentally recite the words gently to Vanora as I watch the padawan place herself in a delicate situation.

Then reaching down into a well worn box of fan accessories, I place an over-sized foam finger on my hand emblazoned with the Jedi insignia and wave it in the air before sharing its remaining contents with the others.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @GenOochy @Adalia-Durron @ConservativeJedi321 @Sarge

7. Skylys

Skylys Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2018
    I like the idea of a Jedi foam finger [face_laugh]

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  8. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Jedi-Sith Pit Rumble

Oh, dear.

*looks down at the scrap of twisted and smoking metal at the foot of the stairs then across at his Sith sister*

I do hope that service droid didn't belong to you, Milady.

TAG @Lady Belligerent

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge

"And that's why I never go anywhere without my multi-tool. Hang on, I'll have it fixed in a minute."

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Bellorum

“Not mine,” the Dark Lady shrugged.

“VPO tends to lurk in the shadows.”

“Would you like to try this Havarti Dill?” Asked the Dark Lady as she held out a cheese tray.

Tag: @Ananta Chetan

11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Jedi-Sith Pit Rumble

Indeed I would.

*graciously accepts*

The padawan and peon are putting on quite an impressive display, wouldn't you say?

*smiles* No need for us to feign interest today.

*then tries to initiate a Jedi crowd-wave*

@Lady Belligerent

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Shakes head at Ananta foam finger and is not surprised by Sarge and his tools...........

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Dueling Pit

Vanora glanced to the stands in silent acknowledgement of Master Chetan's encouragement and saw him don a foam finger. She tried not to laugh outright.
    Meantime, her adversary moved deftly out of range. The droids' noisy tumble had caught his notice but not fatally.
    This one is amazingly skilled, Vanora thought with reluctant admiration.

Bringing his blade to a low guard, he stepped towards her.

"Well done, Jedi," he said in mock-praise. Vanora raised a wry eyebrow in reply.
    "Unorthodox and vexatious; not something you see often from your kind."

She smirked. She liked thinking out of the conventional box.

He began to move from her right to left, keeping the distance between them at two meters; his saber was back behind him.

"Manners! Where are our manners?" He exclaimed, gesturing casually with his free hand, then bringing it to his chest in a sardonic pose of pseudo-offense. "I don't even know who I have the pleasure of addressing--of combating--here today! Please, allow me to introduce myself, which, admittedly is difficult. I am but a man of wealth and taste, but of no name. You may call me what you wish. And who might you be, Jedi?"

"I am Ms. Cinali." Vanora answered.

He waited, tensed for an assault.

She aimed a slash at the join of hilt to blade of his weapon and pushed, attempting to lock the weapons and disarm him swiftly.

@GenOochy

OOC: Someone of "wealth & taste" sounds like Lando. :) [face_mischief]

14. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan
    Jedi-Sith Pit Rumble

*looks over at Knight Bonavernable fiddling with his armor chest plate as if to remove it*

Oh, for Force sake...please tell me you didn't do the body paint thing again on your chest like last time.

@Sarge

[​IMG]

First wave attempt. :p

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  15. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

"I am Ms. Cinali." She responded simply and moved quickly on him. He brought his saber up to block her blow, realizing at nearly the last moment where she was aiming. The end of her blade locked just centimeters away from his hilt, close enough he could feel a tingle of electricity throughout his right hand. He let the momentum of her blow drive their blades to the ground to his right, and he stepped to the left and into her, bringing them face to face. He had to twist his arm at a slightly awkward angle to keep her blade on the outside, to avoid her disengaging and slicing into him. The position was still tenuous as best, so he held it for only the briefest moment to say, "not much a conversationalist?"

His left fist jabbed for her right rib-cage twice, enhancing the blows with the Force in an attempt to stun her. He then shoved her blade off his just enough to break the electromagnetic binding of the beams and cut upwards to catch both her exposed arms. A risky maneuver, though it was an easy unguarded shot on her, it left him open to a return strike. With live blades this move could potentially allow him to sever both her arms in one motion and perhaps drive the tip of the blade up into her torso, preventing the return stroke. With the training blades, however, the best he could hope for was repaying her for the first blow and enough of a shock from the punches and the blade's strike to take her out of the fight for moment to allow him to sidestep away to disengage and recover.

OOC: Hope I explained that well enough. I basically put us in a position where you are over-extended to my right, but my arm is twisted back on itself (my blade is pointed down) to hold your blade on the outside. By breaking the lock I can twist up and under your arms and torso. However the moment I break that lock, all you have to do is draw your blade upwards, as I am open to a strike on my right side; that is, if you are able to recover/avoid from the two rapid-fire punches to your ribs. I am making and assumption here that you are using a two handed grip (please correct me if I'm wrong). The maneuver would be valid either way.

Edit: Also...

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Dueling Pit

The momentum of her blow shoved both blades towards the ground to his right.

He stepped to the left and into her, so they faced each other.

His arm was twisted at an awkward angle; Vanora's blade was effectively canted to the outside, beyond striking range.

His left fist jabbed for her right rib-cage twice, enhancing the blows with the Force.

He shoved Vanora's blade off his breaking the connected beams; he cut upwards to catch both her exposed arms.

Vanora winced at the contact. Being a healer from Shili, she instinctively knew how to siphon off the discomfort. If her ribs had been cracked, she would need medical attention, of course, but thankfully that would not be necessary.

She thrust her blade upwards as expected but then instantly gave it a twisting spin to come at the other side.

@GenOochy

OOC: Just one grip. Have done double-handed grip as well in a different spar.

@};-

17. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

In an old tabletop game, known as Chess, there was a concept of exchange, where the players both took from the other a piece of equivalent value; a tit-for-a-tat, take-one-lose-one, and such was his last maneuver. He got his first blows in, but in turn took a strike. The Jedi was impressive in her ability to absorb his blows. She took the uppercut of his blade, shrugged through the pain and spun rapidly out of the strike and delivered her own to his left side. He barely caught her blade, but not before it made a sizzling contact with upper left arm...again.

He clumsily directed her blade up and over him, stepped right and turned out of the fight, opening up space between them again. Spitting in anger, partially at himself, he caught his breath and shook out his left arm. He paced a few meters outside her range and gathered himself. Until this point he had been relying primarily on his physical finesse with the blade, using the Force only as a minor tool to distract and enhance his combatives. He looked up to the stands where the Dark Lady observed the bout. This wasn't just about fighting a Jedi for entertainment, or just a demonstration of his skills with a lightsaber, this was a test of his prowess as a Darksider, and to that end he was failing.

He exhaled slowly, closed his eyes and opened himself up to the Darkside of the Force. Feeling the churning, chaotic, tempest of the universe around him, he let all the malice and violence of the world around him feed him and drew it's strength. With a sharp inhale, his eyes flashed open, beads of blood forming around the edge of the lids. The smirk on his face was gone, replaced with gritted teeth. He had toyed with this Jedi long enough; it was time to end this.

He spun his blade over his hand, catching it reversed, holding it as one would hold a dagger before they drove it through someone's back. He stalked forward towards the Jedi Togrutan, moving into blade range and attacked with a fury. His first slash was horizontal to clear her blade, and the drew back, which would force a retreat if she wanted to avoid the blade. He flipped the saber back over switching it to his left hand and gave three rapid, though easily parried, blows to her left, right, and left again. He knew she could block them easily, and he yielded to her deflections for the first two, yet he continued to move forward, intending to force her retreat. As soon as their sabres touched the third time, instead of yielding to her parry, he channeled to the dark energy of the Force through him and drove her blade back down in a circular motion with unnatural speed. An action that would cleared and controlled her blade high and to his left (if she maintained a grip on it at all), and give him his opening. His right hand extended and he pulled her neck towards his outstreched hand with the Force.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Lady Belligerent

[face_devil]

OOC: Hopefully that wasn't too many actions in one post, or taking too many liberties with your actions.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Dueling Pit

Vanora felt the psychological shift in her adversary.
    Darker emotions swirled around her, and she had to bolster her shields.
    He spun his blade over his hand, catching it reversed. He delivered 2 parries, alternating sides, which Vanora parried with ease.
    The 3rd time, instead of yielding to the parry, he drove her blade back down in a circular motion with unnatural speed.

Vanora gripped her saber with both hands and fought against the tug he was making on her and when she felt her footing give way, she leaned into it and away, and pirouetted out of range.
    She smiled inscrutably.

Frustration leads to overconfidence or rashness. She thought, a lesson that could lead to dangerous outcomes in healer training, so one she had fought to not learn the hard way.
    She pictured her adversary's weapon like a water-filled balloon she had played with as a child, light and easily held. She yanked it free and let it fall to the ground behind him, deactivating as it did so.

"Well played," She said. "You are tenacious. Darkness provides an intense fule but it takes so much effort to keep it burning."

@GenOochy

OOC: Those parries are what I would have done. @};-

19. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Observing from high on the wall of the pit

Vexx has been watching for a while, knowing the fate of a peon is riding on this performance. At the moment, the cybernetic Kaleesh is attached to a shadowy end of the pit wall, upside down, in a high spot that gives him a view of the entire arena, his deadly talons anchored to the craggy stone surface. His presence is cloaked; he has no desire to disrupt anything--least of all a duel between Dark and Light representatives.

He watches with mild interest up until the Dark Side human peon falls on the Makashi form. His interest goes from mild to intense on the spot as he recognizes these signature maneuvers he himself favors above all forms. In all his days in the Empire, he has not seen much use of Makashi and he finds himself silently hoping this particular peon will emerge victorious as one more to prove the aged and traditional form is not dead.

20. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

The Jedi was craftier than he expected.She gave to, then ducked out of his Force pull, and at the same time, used the leverage working against his grip on his hilt, with a little nudge of the Force, to tear the the sabre from his hand. It spun, deactivating, and landed on the ground behind him. Not wanting to be the victim of a return stoke of his blade, he let the sabre fall and opened up the distance between them with a large step and twist which brought him to a crouch facing her.

So, she was more skilled than he thought. Her defenses were tight, and she turned his own aggression back on him. Looking up from the low crouch, his left hand supporting his weight, he eyed the Jedi.

"Well played," she finally spoke "You are tenacious. Darkness provides an intense fuel, but it takes so much effort to keep it burning."

"Oh, so you can speak?" He said, the casual, aloof sarcasm gone from his voice, replaced with a deeper growl that bristled with vitriol. He eyed his weapon, just a few meters away in the dirt. He brought himself back up to stand, as he calculated his next move.

"I owe you an apology, I really do," he said wiping his black leather gloves against each other to remove the dirt. His white tunic now had two singed marks on the left arm, and red-clay dust of the arena floor had stained it beyond a simply laundering. He began to advance on the Jedi. "I shouldn't dismissed your capabilities so quickly."

Without warning, he snapped his fingers with a flick of his wrist and the surface of the floor to her left, pebbles and dust, shot upwards at her like the blast from a flechette rifle. Almost immediately he repeated the motion, and a burst of the soil to her right shot up into her. He stretched out his right hand and called his sabre to him, igniting it as soon as it was in his hand. Giving her only a moment of recovery, he preformed the same snap and wrist flick motion to aggravated a small surface of soil behind her into a shotgun blast upwards towards her back. He brought his sabre up in a high guard, and waited to see the effects of his assault.

'Yes, Jedi. The Darkside is a fuel...and my tank is full.'
    He thought to himself.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Dueling Pit

He took a large step and twist which brought him to a crouch facing her. He fixed his gaze firmly on her.

"Oh, so you can speak?"
    There was cold brutality in the tone and he stood, and favored her with a measuring gaze.

"I owe you an apology, I really do. I shouldn't dismiss your capabilities so quickly."

Vanora chuckled sardonically.

"Says the Darth Vader aspirant."

Without warning, he snapped his fingers with a flick of his wrist.
    From the surface of the floor to her left, pebbles and dust shot upwards. Almost immediately he repeated the motion, and a burst of the soil to her right shot up into her.

He stretched out his right hand and called his saber to him, igniting it as soon as it was in his hand.

While the blade hummed vibrantly between them, he stirred up another vortex of soil in the arena from behind her.

Vanora had noticed naturally the swirls adjacent to her, which she deflected in sequence.
    the one from behind she caught a moment after it impacted with her left shoulder but she swiped it away briskly.

Swinging her blade around in a circular arc, she slashed at her adversary's left side.

@GenOochy

22. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

'Who trained this woman?' He thought as he twisted his left arm to angle his sabre down to catch her blade, and then swept it up and over his head. He stepped back, slashing horizontally prevent her from advancing, and bladed his body to her once again. With his blade extended towards her, he stabbed in a feint to elicit a response, slashed from the right, twisting the blade back for another jab, and repeated the sequence again, enhancing the speed and power of his blows with the Force. He was evidently just going to have wear her down, and he continued a series of slashes and stabs to force her into a sustained defensive mode and drive her back towards the wall.

Evidently, he was not going to be able to end this quickly.

OOC: I'm just going to continue a series of fast, but simple strikes towards you, until you find an opening for a counter, or you run into a wall. :p

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    In Dueling Pit

He twisted his left arm to angle his saber down to catch Vanora's blade and then swept it up and over his head.
    He stepped back, slashing horizontally.

Vanora was driven inexorably back towards the wall, riposting and parrying.
    She sighed inwardly. She didn't have an ego riding on this but she didn't want to come out looking inept. Dignity and poise were qualities she wanted to display and not just for the audience.
    However, there was nothing gained in grinding her adversary into the ground either.

She took a steadying breath.
    She gradually moved to the side and around with each return, until her opponent was the one backed up against the wall nearest the arena entry.

@GenOochy

24. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

The Jedi was obviously one not to be backed in a corner. Even as she was being driven back she kept an arc to her step, causing their fight to drift in a large lazy circle. Eventually, the turns got tighter, until he was the one with the wall behind him and she drove him back with her own attack. They locked blades again and he kept a steady pressure on her blade until he suddenly shoved off against it and withdrew to cause her to overcompensate to the sudden loss of resistance. He used that moment Force jump over her in a somersault, landed and spun in place with his blade aimed for her midsection.

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    In Dueling Pit

They locked blades; he kept a steady pressure on her blade then suddenly shoved off against it and withdrew.

The sudden loss of resistance caused Vanora to stop and poise her saber at the ready to move in the needed direction.

He took a Force leap over her in a somersault, landed, spun in place with his blade aimed for her midsection.
    Vanora took the slash to her saber and made as if to lose her grip; then suddenly, she brought her right leg around and behind and brought her adversary down in a tumble to the ground and brought her saber tip to his breastbone.

Her blue eyes caught his in a glare.

(Having a younger brother who liked to tussle was bringing back memories.)

@GenOochy