main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous
    Dueling pit.

It had been some time since he had been in the dueling scene but this fight drew his attention. He had hung in the Cantina just inside the recess of the arena, simply watching. The servants running concessions to the box seats where he knew the Dawn Herald resided. If only she would sense the hunger he felt as she tasted her fancy dips and spreads.. He followed a tray-running servant up through the processions and into the arena, his oversized cloak covering his grotesque mass from the 'sensitive crowd.'

He took a seat next to the Dawn Heralds remaining side and flipped up the serving tray that was presented before grinning nefariously.

Tag: @Lady Belligerent @GenOochy

2. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: The Sith Peon (formerly known as Darth N'farious)

His somersault and blind spin had been rewarded with a leg sweep that ended with him on his back. The fall was his best option, but he hadn't expected her to be on him that quickly with her blade. He glared up at the Jedi now confidently lording over him. He smirked and dropped his sabre from his hand, letting it deactivate.

"Alright, Jedi, that was well-done...but this isn't over,"
    he said. He jabbed his left hand upwards and pulled with his right, using the Force to deliver a powerful blow to her chest and at the same time another blow from behind aimed at the back of her legs to knock her flat on her back. As soon as she began to fall and her blade cleared, he flipped him himself legs over head and quickly scrambled to his feet, calling his lightsabre back to him, and moving back a couple meters. He chuckled out loud as she recovered to her feet, "tell you what, let's call that last one even, shall we?"

His blade sprung back to life with a snap-hiss, and he twirled it twice, loosening up again and starting to pace. The sarcasm and velvet returned to his voice and he began taunting again, "what's the score now? 'cause the first strike I gave you, so that doesn't count...One-one? I mean, I would have gave you a point there if you had actually stuck me with your blade. But you didn't, so it doesn't count."

He stopped pacing, and bladed his body and sabre towards her, his blade held in the low guard. "Say when..."

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora
    In Dueling Pit

He glared up at Vanora and said coldly, letting his saber fall and deactivate:

"Alright, Jedi, that was well-done...but this isn't over.,"
    He jabbed upwards with one hand while pulling with the other, using the Force to deliver a powerful blow to her chest and at the same time another blow from behind, directed towards the back of her legs in order to knock her flat on her back.

As soon as she began to fall and her blade cleared, he flipped himself legs over head and quickly scrambled to his feet;

He called his saber back and stood facing Vanora who had regained her feet as well.

"Tell you what, let's call that last one even, shall we?"

His blade sprung back to life with a snap-hiss, and he twirled it twice, loosening up again and starting to pace.

The sarcasm and suave tone returned to his voice.
    "What's the score now? 'cause the first strike I gave you, so that doesn't count...One-one? I mean, I would have given you a point there if you had actually stuck me with your blade. But you didn't, so it doesn't count."

He stopped pacing, and bladed his body and saber towards her, his blade held in the low guard. Vanora also held her weapon at the ready.

"Say when..."

Vanora laughed, putting her own saber back on her hip. He sounded almost Corellian, and that always amused her.

"I agree. Let's call it even. And let's hope we never meet over Force sabac much less another dueling arena."

She glanced towards the spectator stands to see what reaction the Guardians would take to this turn of events.

@GenOochy

@ConservativeJedi321 & @Sarge & @Adalia-Durron [face_batting]

OOC: Since I am a fan of all Corellians EC and OC, that was just the perfect tone to assume with me. [face_laugh] =D=

4. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

He paused a moment, squinting his eyes at the Jedi as she returned her sabre to her belt.

"I agree. Let's call it even. And let's hope we never meet over Force sabac much less another dueling arena."

He eyes her cautiously, reluctantly disengaging his blade.

"You want to call it, then? Are you sure? You're doing so well, though...one more round?" He said, his tone one to entice, with a bit of patronizing flair. He hadn't come all this to let both just walk out of here.

Tag @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

5. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC Ananta Chetan

Gazing over at the Sith leadership and then back at the padawan's Master, I clear my throat (and mouth of popcorn) and momentarily reflect on the duel that has transpired before us.

Well, how do you both feel? Has it reach its natural conclusion?

Well done, I might add, very well done, especially for two of their rank.

@Lady Belligerent @ConservativeJedi321 @GenOochy @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep

"I argue since they did not kill each other it has been a most productive dual." The Ongree stated with an amused twinkle in his eye.
    "You both did very well, and displayed fascinating comprehensions of your chosen forms."
    He handed what remained of his popcorn to a server droid, before offering short clap to punctuate his compliment.

@Lady Belligerent, @Ananta Chetan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @GenOochy

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora in Dueling Pit:

As she made her way to the spectator stands, she overheard Nosrep comment:

"I argue since they did not kill each other it has been a most productive duel. You both did very well, and displayed fascinating comprehensions of your chosen forms."

Vanora did not miss the amusement in his eyes, and she laughed.

"Thank you. I like the description of fascinating." She answered. "He definitely kept me on my toes."

@GenOochy

@ConservativeJedi321

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003

"A productive duel is one in which someone dies, but I suppose we have different definitions of productivity."
    He said more to himself than anyone else. He hung his sabre back on his belt an summoned his coat to him from the wall. He flared the coat with the Force in such away the is draped onto his back like a cloak. He put his armed into the sleeves and shrugged his shoulders to adjusted it. Removing the small, wire rimmed glasses from the breast pocket and put them on his face, resting low on his nose, as he sauntered over to join his Jedi opponent in front of the spectator stands.

Tag: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Lady Belligerent @WookieeRage @Kaleesh-Cyborg

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum

“VPO!” The Dark Lady beckoned her protocol droid, “get some raw meat for the Wookiee since there’s no Jedi to feed him.” @WookieeRage @dragonsith13

@Ananta Chetan , “they fought well enough. I see potential for future generations.”

The Dark Lady nodded and walked away trailing billows of dark mist.

@GenOochy , I award you one prestige point, and I’m sure you’ve caught the attention of a Master.

10. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    Dueling pit.

The Dawn Herald walked away. Seemingly disregarding the pupil now facing a Jedi, he knew the slur; He had been a Jedi Knight before. Before she faded Ravenous spit.

"So soon, Empress?"

The moniker fell short in his breath but was also to shiv her ego.

"Maybe we'll see ourselves in this place. Maybe this hopeful will be the one to turn the tide."

He smiled gleefully frontwards and addressed the peon.

"Bring me their head!"

@GenOochy @Lady Belligerent

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Scaling the wall to exit the Pit

The cyborg watches as the duel comes to a close, somewhat disappointed that the peon had not conquered the Jedi by ending her existence. Training sabers or not, death or at least mortal injury were still possibilities. He recalls duels of his own that had ended similarly, with no death or permanent maiming; that was different. He has never had a dueling match with a full-blown Jedi. He has only fought peers in the Empire with the occasional short-lived duels with a superior--he glances down at Ravenous as he recalls this particular highlight--and then there had been the three-way duel with the two Grey Jedi. He has never had the opportunity to prove just how brutally unbridled he could be if faced with a Jedi opponent.

Still, he cannot deny that he had been impressed by the practice of Makashi in the arena. That will stick with him for a while. He hopes the peon will gain a master who will see the advantage in having an apprentice who leans on the antique lightsaber form; a master who will challenge him to build upon that skill. Vexx has not yet achieved the rank necessary to take on an apprentice, but it will be upon him in the future, which is why he is skulking around observing; training himself to notice the gems he should seize when they surface and he has earned his right to claim them.

Pulling himself up over the lip of the Pit wall, he rises to his full height, sparing the Jedi's guardians a disdainful scowl as they disperse from the stands below. They are the reason he chooses places of solitude within the Pit from which to be a spectator. He has a hard time grasping how Bellorum or even the uncouth Ravenous can behave civilly when in such close proximity with them. He curses the compromise of it all and turns to leave. He has much to think about after all he has observed.

Adalia-Durron and GenOochy like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis

Smirks and is suitably impressed. Pushes off door frame and leaves.

13. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: The Sith Peon

He bowed and smiled.

"Thank you, @Lady Belligerent. I promise it will not be squandered." He said, looking over to the Jedi, before he turned to leave."Well fought, Ms. Cinali; until we meet again."

"Bring me their head!" The Wookie Sith roared, without warning. He paused midstep. "Her's or mine?"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @WookieeRage

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in Dueling Pit

Vanora gives a respectful nod and wave in acknowledgement of her erstwhile opponent's parting words & exits.

She looks forward to a long soak in a sudsy tub.

;)

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  15. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    V-3PO
    The Pit

"Oh this is so degrading." VPO spat as he waddled up near the edge of The Pit, dripping raw hind quarter from a freshly slaughtered fathier. Tossing the meat towards the writhing Sith Spawn Wookiee as he stood hoping not to be noticed.

@WookieeRage @Lady Belligerent @anyone

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  17. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    IC:Darth Ravenous

Oh, you shouldn't have.. He blushed as a spray littered the air with his chomp. Or was it blood? Probably blood but it was appreciated nontheless.

"3P0, are you looking for a new master? Feed me!

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Empress Bellorum, Queen of the Twilight

She stopped suddenly and turned back to the Wookiee.

“Nay!” Her voice was firm and loud, “you will not claim my servant.”

The Dark Lady straightened a loose hair and called out to the droid, “move it, VPO! We have an Empire to run.”

OOC: Heh.

@WookieeRage @dragonsith13

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    GenOochy and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  19. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    V-3PO
    The Pit

Terminal:

Algorithm execute.

pipe " | " output.

If Wookiee asks you to feed it, then initiate vomit sound and sulk away.

A vomit sound emanates from the blank expression of VPO as he turns and walks away, only to hear the incessant voice of the Dark Lady. Wondering if he should return to the prospect of feeding the wookiee, as he approaches the Dark Ladies suite.

@WookieeRage @Lady Belligerent @anyone

20. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    OOC: okay, you've broke me. Lmao!

21. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Challenge to the High Lords

The dust of the Rancor Pit is thickly settled, filling the scars left from previous battles on this ground that has seen much violence. It is about to see some more. Seeking to test his own skill and increase it through experience, Grievance Vexx has potentially put himself to suicide in challenging high lords of the Sith Empire, Serapis and Ravenous. While he doesn't know if the latter will actually humor him for a third match, he is eager to see the Ithorian in action.

'I am ready and waiting, Lord Serapis,' he sends the call through the Force, 'Enough talk from your four throats. Come and give me my snowball's chance in hell.'

He stands in the shadows of the Pit wall and waits with calm patience. A duel with a high lord is worth it; especially when he has never witnessed this particular one in action. Serapis seems very laid back for a Sith Lord, but Vexx is not foolish enough to underestimate him as being so laid back in combat. Appearances in the Sith are never to be trusted or taken at face value.

Tag: @DarthIshyZ @WookieeRage

Mostlymad likes this.
  22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Darth Serapis

Serapis just did not understand Greivance's ways. Perhaps he'd been driven insane when they put his brain in a can. To challenge him is one thing, but he challenged two other Sith, too. He wondered how Kaleesh pate would taste. In any case, the challenge was thrown. Serapis established a Battle Meld with Thunderous and Valdimar. He then came from the shadows... "Cyborg! I'm here!"

@Kaleesh-Cyborg, @Mostlymad, @PCCViking, @WookieeRage

23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    IC: Darth Thunderous

Thunderous felt the Battle Meld envelope him as he joined Serapis and Valdimar. He looked forward to teaching the Kaleesh a lesson in respect. He reached for his lightsaber, anticipating the upcoming battle.

@Kaleesh-Cyborg , @Mostlymad , @DarthIshyZ , @WookieeRage

24. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    IC: Darth Valdimar

The sensation of being melded with was both an exhilarating and violating experience. An experience the Tusken bathed in. While normally keeping to himself rumors of dissent amongst the Sith presented a unique opportunity for the novice as feuding between the droid-like Sith Vexx and Lord Serapis had come to a head. How exactly he was pulled into the fray he wasn't sure but he figured it had something to do with his own view of the Kaleesh. Or perhaps his former experience dueling him. Regardless, Valdimar remained in the spectator area of the pit as the higher ranked Sith faced off. Here he would watch and wait for an opportunity to present itself.

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg, @PCCViking, @DarthIshyZ, @WookieeRage

25. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016

High above the arena, perched in a shadowed outcropping resided a grotesque figure. Half Gen' Dai, half Wookiee, all a product of Sith Alchemy. Only the foot of his tattered black cloak was visible from the arena floor. He came here to spectate. The Kaleesh, whose prowess and ego may have thought Ravenous to be shaken and cower before finishing a fight. Maybe instead, he had grown bored with the fight. A thought that may have never crossed the Kaleesh's mind?

No, perhaps not. But here the Sith-Spawn was. He inhaled deeply through his nostrils making sure to gather phlegm along the way and launched it out where it fell towards the Kaleesh.

@DarthIshyZ @Kaleesh-Cyborg @PCCViking