main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Seeing his opponent concede, Kev-Mas replied by halting his spinning blades as the Colcha clan insignia on his blast shield facing his opponent stood right-side up and disengaged his golden blades which were extended horizontally in this position, and returned his saber pike to the holster on his back beneath his cape.

"Very well," he replied, bowing in return, "The pleasure was mine."

Tag: @Voss Fulris

Kyber Acyk and Voss Fulris like this.
  2. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I stand up in the box and clap in admiration for my former padawan's efforts in the duel against Kev-Mas. "Well done Voss. I see that I taught you well," I then take my leave from the pit, my cape billowing behind me.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Duel of Friends
    ICC: @Dagobahsystem vs @Kato Sai
    Underlord, Sith Assasin vs Lore Keeper, Jedi Consular
    Rules:
    No Godmodding
    Tell one player concedes defeat
    ———————————————

I entered the lowest level of the palace. Stepping into the pit, bright light through a hole in an open dome above shone down on my Mando Mask. I could see circlets around the pit of seats ready for spectators. Adjusting my robes which were tan rather than brown, I felt the presence of the Force. With a swift and effortless motion, I planted myself on the pit floor, crossing my legs, meditating, and waiting for my opponet to emerge.

TAG: @Dagobahsystem

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    greyjedi125 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Darth Saadi

After inspecting his new visage carefully, the Clawdite changeling made his way towards the infamous pit he'd frequented in the not so distant past.

Breathing in the putrid air, he recalled the look on his defeated opponents faces and wondered why he had been summoned here by this young Jedi. Apparently a dispute over ancient beast lore had made this Padawan reckless. So be it.

Darth Saadi smiled and donning a Mandalorian mask of his own, crouched next to the entrance of the fighting arena.

Surveying the area carefully, Saadi returned his gaze to Kato meditating.
    How charming, he laughed to himself.

Remembering other pending responsibilities, Darth Saadi emerged from his crouched position angrily, and drawing his blaster, fired a single shot in the Jedi's direction, mischievously.

Darth Saadi was silent as he walked quickly towards Kato, replacing the blaster in his hand with his crimson bladed lightsaber, his eyes wide and grinning behind the false mask.

Tag: @Kato Sai

greyjedi125 likes this.
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    ICC: Kato Sai

Kato felt the presence of the Sith Assassin enter the pit. The mark of Bogan was unmistakbake even with his eyes closed. The blaster shot echoed in the circular dome, the bolt stopped in midair by Kato igniting his yellow topaz blade and rising to his feet.

The Jedi wondered if he had been hasty in meeting this assasin, the qurrel the brought them being now minor. Still this Sith was ready to meet with the typically ire Kato had come to expect. Here in the pit the Will of the Force has no boundaries, combatants are not managed, here anything goes. The temptation, Kato felt, to use unorthodox methods.

Centering himself, Kato reverse gripped his blade and prepared to parry Darth Saadi’s blade. The blades did crackle and Kato cut upward and cartwheeled backward, his blade now pointed like a spear.

“Come Sith! Show me the power of the Dark Side!”

TAG: @Dagobahsystem

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Darth Saadi

"Well played, Padawan. Your Jedi masters have taught you well." Saadi said calmly after watching Kato deflect the blaster bolt.

His lightsaber quickly deactivated, the changeling slowed his steps slightly, and eventually stopped mid stride, several feet away, and regarded the acrobatic posturing of his opponent.

"I sense fear in you Kato."

Taking one step closer, Saadi stopped, his lightsaber held loosely in his hand, unactivated.

"But surely you can do better!" Saadi snarled.

Tag: @Kato Sai

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    ICC: Kato Sai “Duel of Friends”

“My Jedi Masters have forsaken me. I hold to the teaching of the Light, but the Order is sullied in my eyes.”

Kato took notice of Darh Saadi’s deactivated saber. Remembering one of the difficult lightsaber forms that has intermittent deactivation.

Kato circled to the side, the blade of his saber angled to cross his body like the half of an X, to ensure ample protection. He thought, ‘this Sith is strong in the Dark Side’

“Better? I seek betterment in meditation and studying the Light”

Kato sid not take the bait, this Sith was too leisure, he had to keep his guard up.

Tag: @Dagobahsystem

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Mysterious figure

Too long he had been away, roaming, delving into the deeper mysteries of power, discovering greater knowledge in the Force. But no matter how long, or how much time had passed, this here, this place- would never get old.

No one payed attention to his shadowy figure as he made himself of no importance, keeping to the shadows. All eyes were on the spectacle taking place before them. Jedi and Sith were engaged in their eternal conflict of light and dark. But what was this? A Jedi forsaking the order? Making such a strong pronouncement in public. His fiery eyes flashed from within his raised hood as his interest was piqued by this development. An opportunity?

If this one could be turned..... He mused to himself.

So, he simply leaned against a pillar where he had a good view, and watched for now. This was going to be...very interesting indeed.

Tag: No one (for now)

Voss Fulris and QueenSabe7 like this.
  9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Darth Bernael

A cloaked and hooded figure entered the Pit, looking around. He saw action in the distance but he was there for a different reason. His Master had given him a task, and it seemed to be an interesting one. He'd worked with Helinith before and knew she could be a wily and unpredictable opponent. He'd heard her Master had sent her looking for him but he had decided less being dragged around so the duel could happen would be less an affront to either of their dignities. Hence his presence here.

He found a column near one of the open spaces, one that seemed to be good for what lay ahead, and leaned casually against it, his eyes unreadable behind his mask. He could and would wait until she arrived and the 'fun' could commence.

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @HanSolo29, @DarthIshyZ

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith searched from here and there to goodness knows where, among a variety of strange and colourful threads. It became apparent, however, that Bernel was waiting in the duelling arena already.

'Spoil-sport' she thought to herself, as she crawled across the ceiling, approaching the pillar he was leaning against. She knew it couldn't be this easy. He was gonna put up a good fight. But sometimes you had to open with something simple. Knife in hand, she suddenly dropped from the ceiling like a stone, intending to land on top of him and stab him in the back.

@darthbernael

Sent from my left elbow using Tapatalk

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore
    Rancor Pit, Dueling Arena

At first, he did not turn from his musings when he sensed the latest visitor to the arena. It felt male and was relatively close, but did not move any closer. He sensed a good degree of self-control, but more importantly, no immediate threat.

Then a second visitor arrived shortly after. One that felt ‘wild’, no…’wily’, and female. She seemed to be searching for something, or someone. This one’s threat level was higher, not necessarily in terms of power, but intent.

Slowly, Lord Manticore rounded the corner of the pillar he’d been leaning against, and decided to observe, curious as to what would develop. After all, this was a Dueling Arena, therefore, a certain level of expectation was well in order.

Tag: No one. Just observing for the moment, but not hiding either. (@darthbernael, @darthhelinith)

12. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Darth Bernael

"Might want to do something about that sweet tooth." Bernael stated calmly without looking up, as he took a pair of swift steps forward as soon as Helinith began her drop, spinning in place, saber dropping into his right hand. "I could smell the sugar from when you entered."

His saber lifted, in a slow arc aimed at where her head would be when his saber reached its zenith. However that was not his true strike, as he knew he'd taken a half step further than his reach extended. His true strike was an invisible diagonal shield of Force energy, across Helinith's path as she fell from the ceiling, angled so that when or if she hit, it would bounce her into the column he'd just been leaning against. Not fatal, but still not enjoyable, hitting unyielding stone at that speed.

@darthhelinith, @HanSolo29, @DarthIshyZ

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  13. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    IC: Darth Erebus

The pungent smell was the first thing that hit.

As Erebus walked into the pit of the Rancor, he was taken aback at how horrible the stench was. He could hardly believe that any place could smell so bad yet still be in operation. Of course, this was a part of the Underworld society, where there is no such thing as a “health code”. He leaned down to his left boot, adjusting its straps and checking to make sure his concealed blaster was still quickly accessible. Satisfied, he continued about checking every piece of his stolen MK2 Wraith Class Stealth Armor.

Once he was thoroughly satisfied that each part was correctly positioned, so that it would fully protect every part of his body other than his face while also allowing him to move easily and without effort, he sat down on a large rock, taking his X-52 Infiltrator Sniper Rifle off his back. This won’t be of much use to me in this small area, he thought, deciding to place it against the side wall so that it would be out of harm’s way.

His next step on the agenda was checking his shoto lightsaber. Only slightly longer than his Vibroblade dagger, it was a crude piece, though in his eyes it was magnificent, as he had saved up for nearly 4 years to buy the blade. He extended the saber, gave it a few swings to stretch out, and sat back down, going about polishing his vibroblade. When will Lord Manticore get here? he thought silently, eager to begin his first day of training with the fellow Zabrak…

Tags: @greyjedi125

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rancor Pit, Dueling Arena

It wasn’t long before he sensed a third presence, one which he was just beginning to get familiar with; that of his new apprentice: Darth Erebus.

'He got my message. Good.'

Absently, he noted the nature of opposing dualities at play. The Arena had gone from uneventful, to very active in a span of mere moments. Though he did wish to observe the confrontation between the Anzati and the female, training his apprentice took priority. Fiery eyes glanced at the dueling pair for a span of a few heartbeats, before the cloaked form of the Sith Lord smoothly turned and began moving towards the rear of the arena. Once there, he let his presence in the darkside announce him.

An initial testing of his apprentice’s force senses seemed like a good place to start.

Tag: @Quinlan Vos

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  15. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

Erebus felt the change in the atmosphere, as some dark presence seemed to be coming in his direction. However, as he had never been trained fully in the force, he couldn't quite discern what it was. However, with the vast amount of dark energy put off by the being, he could only presume it was Lord Manticore. Has he been here this whole time? he thought to himself, ashamed that he could have possibly missed something that now seemed so obvious. He looked around the area, noting the presences on the opposing end of the arena seemingly talking at the time, though there was notable tension. However, he knew that the presence was not emanating from any of that group, and kept looking around, trying to pinpoint the source of the darkness and likely his master.

Tags: @greyjedi125

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rancor Pit

Forging a worthy apprentice required the basic knowledge of the subject, its strengths, its limits, its weaknesses. The more thorough the base knowledge, the greater the potential to unlock hidden greatness. The Master would then know what to tear down before he could rebuild- then improve and transform, unlocking diverse potentialities.
    But above malleability, above potential, above all this, the subject had to have SPIRIT! The willingness to make it through the reforging furnace.

Lord Manticore did not think of his previous apprentices, none of which were picked by him. They were no more, as they were ultimately unworthy. This one, from what he had been told, possessed a good deal of potential.This was true. He sensed it. It was there, hidden and locked away. To achieve the feat of Transformation would require discipline and dedication, a remaking that was only possible in the hands of a Sith Master.

The zabrak Sith Lord began to move at a steady pace towards Darth Erebus, his cloak flowing behind him like trails of black smoke, eyes burning like fiery embers, shrouded within his hooded visage.

'Perhaps, some incentive…'

As he came into view, Manticore saw the armored form of his new apprentice. He spoke not a word as he made a fist with his gloved hand exerting the power of the Force. Suddenly, there was a thrumming and a rumble encompassing the rock Erebus sat upon, as fractures and cracks began to split the rock, which was crushed to pieces of rubble a moment later.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith's pink-bladed saber came up from her off hand to meet Bernael's but before they met she was slammed hard into the pillar by an invisible force.

She gasped for breath as she slid down the pillar and rolled onto the floor. Shaking her head to clear it, she slipped the knife back to her belt and switched her lightsaber to her dominant hand. "Whats life without a little fun?" She offered. "Lighten up, Bernie."

She jumped up and adopted a defensive stance, grinning. "Your turn."

@darthbernael

18. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

As Erebus saw the Zabrak come around the pillar and into view, he went to sheath his vibroblade dagger and stand up, expecting a greeting from the Sith Lord. He was a second too late, as out of nowhere the boulder he had been sitting on him seemingly ceased to exist, causing him to fall flat on his back and knocking the wind out of him, and he lost his grip on the blade and it clattered to the ground a few meters away.

He recovered quickly, rolling to his side and scooping up the dagger. He then pulled his shoto saber from his hip, extending it in his right hand while keeping the other blade in his left. He stayed crouched, pivoting to face the tall Zabrak Sith, and said calmly, "So much for formalities, eh?"

Remaining crouched, he twirled blades once apiece, waiting for Lord Manticore to make his next move. He only hoped he wouldn't be put to the test in an extended bout, as he was rough around the edges when it came to swordplay and preferred to use his skills as an assassin to sneak around and stay out of trouble.

Tag: @greyjedi125

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rancor Pit

He spoke only with his fiery gaze as he watched his new apprentice fall from the crumbling boulder, then recover quickly.

"So much for formalities, eh?" Darth Erebus inquired calmly.

Lord Manticore did not answer verbally as he stared down the armored figure, silently gauging him.

‘Shoto saber and dagger. Hmmm’.

At the very least, Erebus’ stance conveyed that he was ready to be engaged.

The Sith Lord’s only response was to call a single lightsaber to his hand and extend its vermillion blade.

In a smooth motion Manticore spun-out to Erebus left, and brought around his weapon arcing down in a diagonal slash that would catch his ‘opponent’ across the face, only if he remained crouched in one spot - or failed to defend.

OOC: Is Erebus wearing a helmet? I wasn’t quite sure.

darthbernael likes this.
  20. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

As Lord Manticore slid to his left side, Erebus shifted his stance to keep his Master in front of him. When the attack came, he was ready, and quickly rolled backwards out of the way of the strike.

Now I just need to make this fight a bit more my style,
    he thought to himself, and pulled a smoke grenade off of his belt, pulling the pin.

As the smoke began to fill the area, Erebus retracted his glowing blade and shifted around Manticore, his actions hidden through the smoke. As he maneuvered, he let out quips here and there, trying to disorient the fellow Zabrak and keep him from zoning in on the apprentices location. He only hoped that he could find a weak spot to strike on his opponent before the Sith Lord could locate him and resume attacking.

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rancor Pit

Darth Erebus moved and evaded in a tactical manner, rolling away from Lord Manticore’s strike, causing him to miss. The Sith Apprentice was quick to extinguish his shoto blade as he threw down a smoke grenade to obscure his presence.

Manticore extinguished his own lightsaber weapon as well, and disappeared in the plumes of smoke, which left the area covered in darkness and silence from the Sith Lord.

‘Good.’ he rasped within his own mind. ‘But what now?’

Blackness billowed all through the back area of the arena, melding into the reticent seats, devoid of spectators.

The Sith Master possessed the means to track his Apprentice in the most fundamental manner, but did the Apprentice? Especially now that both were unable to see each other.

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

As Lord Manticore extinguished his own saber, the young apprentice began to second guess himself. Now, it would be much more difficult to find a weak point to attack, though not impossible. Through the force, he was able to somewhat tell the area in which his master stood, at least relative to his own training. From there, it was just like his trip to Malachor, back when he was hunting down an arms dealer named Weirn Dameith. He enjoyed being in the dark, and decided to use it to his advantage. The young Zabrak quickly lunging towards approximately where his master was and taking a wide cut with his dagger to cover as much space as possible, getting ready to retreat once more if he did not hit anything in order to escape a counter attack.

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rancor Pit

Within the billowing cloud of smoke, the zabrak Sith Lord smirked. Erebus cut a wide swath with his dagger where he sensed his Master, but Lord Manticore could senses him with much greater keenness, and simply remained just out of range of his apprentices bladed swipes, causing him to miss as a result.

His smirk widened slightly more, as Erebus retracted his hand just in time, before he could disarm him.

‘Excellent.’

In an instant, Manticore vaulted over Erebus, silent and enigmatic like a giant mynock and landed smoothly just outside his striking range. With a simple gesture, he pushed the smoke cloud back, clearing the area between them.

He had seen all which he needed, at least thus far.

“You have done well, apprentice.”

He intoned darkly, but well pleased.

“Control, Focus, Determination…”

“With the proper training you can become formidable indeed.”

His fiery eyes narrowed slightly, still gauging him as he paused.

24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Darth Bernael

His saber came up in a slight salute, “Our ideas of fun are, perhaps, different.”

Looking over the smaller human he considered. His Master had given specific instructions. So be it. The invisible wall of energy had dissipated as soon as it’s function was done and he smiled grimly.

In the blink of an eye the hand not holding a saber dipped to his belt and a brace of daggers was suddenly flying toward her, in a line from ankle to head, along her left side. He darted toward her right, blade beginning to dip toward a strike, then switched feet and came in on the heels of the daggers, slicing toward her hip.

Spinning away as he struck he ended up halfway up the column he’d been leaning against, clinging to it with his taloned feet and free hand.

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @HanSolo29, @DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

As the young apprentice moved backwards to evade a counter from his master, he felt the Zabrak leap over him, and as he turned the smoke suddenly dissipated between the two. Erebus shifted around to face Lord Manitcore, keeping his stance and reigniting his saber.

“You have done well, apprentice. Control, Focus, Determination… With the proper training you can become formidable indeed" the master said.

Retaining his stance, in case this happened to be a form of trickery, Erebus replied with a mumbled thanks, and waited for what was to come next. He felt that the encounter had finished, but you could never trust a master of deception as all Sith were known to be.