main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Random Scrapbook -- Idrelle's fan art -- New Drawings! Updated November 9

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hey all!

I've been drifting around this forum for a while. The artwork here is absolutely amazing! In my free time, I've been making a few posters using a programme called Roxio PhotoSuite 5. They're not perfect, but then I'm more of a writer than an artist. The posters below are my humble attempts at art.

I am now drawing more than I am doing graphic art because my program has been deleted. Check out my drawings!

---

Here's a list of my art, with the most recent at the top:

Jaina Solo

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JainaSolo.jpg]

Anakin Solo

Tenel Ka

Jaina Solo, Dark Journey [second attempt]

Anakin and Padmé, AOTC (incomplete)

Alema Rar

Mara Jade Skywalker

Leia Organa

Jaina Solo, Dark Journey [first attempt]

Tahiri?s Scar Study 1

Tahiri?s Scars Study 2

Tahiri?s Scars Study 3

Tahiri?s Scars Study 4

Tahiri Veila

Luke Skywalker

Mara Jade

None Shall Pass

This Time Around, Movie Poster

This Time Around, Cover Art

Heritage

Padmé Amidala, Version 1

Padmé Amidala, Version 2

Padmé Amidala, Version 3

Padmé Amidala, Version 4

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 1

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 2

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 3

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 4

Memory

Star Wars Original Trilogy

Galactic Digest

[link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a

2. RENEGADE5555

RENEGADE5555 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2005
    DANG nice... you might wanna downsize the legacy one, but the Amidala/organa one is frickin' awesome.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice, Idrelle--I like all of these! I agree with RENEGADE that "Legacy" needs to be scaled down, so we can see all of it on the screen--but of these, I think I like "Forbidden Love" (very nice balancing of Anakin's and Padme's images there) and "Like Mother, Like Daughter" (lovely images you chose for this, and one from each of the chapters of the two trilogies) the best. Thanks for sharing these with us, and don't hesitate to put up more!

FF

4. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    I definitely love them all. They are wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing!

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thanks! :D I didn't quite realize that "Legacy" was as big as it was. I've made it smaller.

Thanks for the encouragement, FalconFan! :)

And thanks, Master Rev! :)

-------------

I've made some more, for your viewing pleasure. :p

There's some story behind these ones. I found a "magazine" style on my program and decided to play around with it a bit. I hate reading magazines, so I thought that it would be kind of funny to "spoof" magazines like Teen People, etc. There's one like Reader's Digest too.

Galactic Digest

Yes, I know some of the words are somewhat cut off at the ends on this one. Oops. My bad.

Galactic Teens, Version I

The first magazine cover I made. It's supposed to have been released during ROTS, right after Anakin goes Vader but before he puts the suit on.

Galactic Teens, Version II

This is the second magazine cover I made. It's supposed to have been released a little bit after the end of AOTC.

Queens

This was based on the "beauty" magazine template. I turned it into a wedding/beauty magazine.

6. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Those are pretty cool.

7. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    The magazine covers made me laught out loud, especially the 'I Married a Jedi' tagline. You actually have a great talent with writing those types of headlines. It really does look like the cover of a magazine.

Your posters are looking very good, as well. I like the one with Leia and Padme. It's very sad that their relationship never got to be explored, since they seem to have so much in common.

8. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I like the ghostly look of the images you used as a collage around Padme and Anakin, in "With Love so deep". My favorites are the parent/child concepts of "Legacy" and the aptly named "Like Mother, Like Daughter". Also found your Mag pretty funny, but my favorite is The "Queens" magazine. It has an excellent layout and you used a great shot of Padme.

- Suz ^_~

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh] =D=
    Those magazine covers are great, Idrelle!! I love the "Quick tips!" lol!! You have a knack for nice layouts and compositions--very much like we see on actual magazines (do I see a graphic design career in your future...? Possibly! ;) )! I'd love to see you do one ala "Soldier of Fortune," maybe a "Bounty Hunter's Quarterly" or something--I'm sure you'd do it more than justice! ;) Great stuff!

FF

10. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great work on these. I love the magazine covers. :D Anakin would fit very nicely on the cover of a teen magazine. ;) The layout is excellent -- they look very realistic. =D=

11. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that's good. I especially like your magazines. They are very good. =D=

"Obi-Wan: Hot or not"
    Titels likes this really fit on magazines.
    Great work, have you more?

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thanks! :)

Thanks wick! Glad you liked them. :)

Thanks! :D

A graphic design career? :p Maybe, maybe not. I'm more into writing and drama. :D

Are you asking for a request? I'll see what I can do for more magazine covers!

Thanks! :)

Thanks!

Yes, I have more. :) No magazines, this time.

---

I've been thinking lately about the relationship Padme and Leia would have had if Padme hadn't died. Therefore, I have the wallpaper below designed. It didn't exactly come out the way I wanted it, unfortunately.

Memory

I've also made a wallpaper for the OT.

Star Wars: Original Trilogy

And then I've started wallpapers of the main characters. I'm working on the Obi-Wan one right now, but I've started with Padme.

There are three different versions, experimenting with different effects.

Padme Amidala, Version 1 (Colour)

Padme Amidala, Version 2 (Colour and Black and White)

Padme Amidala, Version 3 (Black and White)

Yes, I know they're large, but when I tried to downsize them, the resolution went funny and it went all blurry.

Enjoy!

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, they are wonderful. I love "memory". It's so beautiful. =D=

14. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    The wallpapers are really lovely. I like your technique for layout.

I think that the colour version is probably my favorite of the ones with Padme. The soft blurred lights in the BG really look great with the photos you chose.

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the b&w over the background of color, it's a kind of bleak observation on her situation. And I loooooooooooooove Galactic Teens 2. But my favorite is Memory.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Idrelle!
    I really like the latest pieces you've posted here, with "Memory" being my favorite right now: the beautiful image of Leia, framed by the equally lovely images of Padme really gives a feeling of poignancy to it--and the reflections of Padme in the water below emphasizes the concept of "memory..." Lovely!

Of the Padme pieces, I find I'm drawn to the B/W one (love that quote, btw--I personally think it was the best line in the film). I'd like to see one more version of it, tho: with the central Padme in color, and the background in b/w. I agree with wick that the images you've chosen for this are just beautiful, and the way you've arranged them is lovely! Well done!

FF

17. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Love your work! I always admire people who can manipulate and place photos so well to give them such meanings. Well done! :D Oh and just a suggestion to annoy you! LOL Have you tried, with the Padme Amidala wallpaper, the large image as colour and the background one's as black and white? I'd just be interested what that would do? :) Otherwise I'm a huge fan of the black and white, so elegant and beautiful.

Oh and your other wallpapers and images are wonderful. Can't wait for more.

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thank you all for commenting! :D

Before, the program wouldn't let me have multiple images in black and white, but I managed to manipulate it this morning, so here's Version 4 -- the big picture in colour and the smaller images are in black and white.

Padme Amidala, Version 4

19. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    I usually dont like this kind of art, but this is good stuff. I like the Padme stuff :)

Keep up the good work!

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, yeah!! That's beautiful!! =D= Thank you Idrelle for taking the time to change this--I think this image has a lot of impact, particularly as you've done it, with the soft-colored "background lights" glowing through the b/w images. Just lovely! Can't wait to see some more!

FF

21. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Yep, that's my new favorite one. It has a very interesting balance of the black-and-white photos and the subtle coloured parts. Glad you decided to work on it again!

22. durty_mynock

durty_mynock Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    your posters are well done!!!I love the themes they deal with...

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    LordNeo: Thanks! :)

FalconFan: Yeah, I like the "background" lights. I can't change them anyways without making the big Padme picture black and white too, so it's all good. :)

wicktone: So am I! ::grins::

durty_mynock: Thanks! :)

---

And now I have an update. I've completed the Obi-Wan wallpapers. They're like the Padme ones, but with Obi-Wan instead.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 1

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 2

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 3

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Version 4

And then here are two interesting pieces. They're for my new fic, This Time Around. Jaina and Kyp go back in time to prevent Anakin from turning to the dark side.

Movie Poster (I wrote a "trailer" for it -- that's in Writer's Resource -- so that's why there's a movie poster)

Cover Art

I am not too happy with the cover art. I was going to ask someone here to do some for me, but I've already made one reqeust and I think in the request thread it says that you can only make one request at a time. ::shrugs:: So I made my own.

Yes, I know Keira Knightley already plays Sabe in TPM, but I needed someone who resembled Padme to be Jaina (it's somewhat important to the plot of the fic) and Keira does look a lot like Natalie Portman.

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Hey! I just took a look at all of your work...

I love your Padme/Leia piece, and the movie poster for "This Time Around". Plus your "spoof" magazine covers are fabulous (my favorite is "Queen").

Great work!

oldj

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice Obi Wan wallpapers, Idrelle--I think #2 was my favorite. I also think you did a wonderful job with both the poster and the book cover--very nice compositions on both of them (I like your choice for Kyp too! ;) )! I think I've actually seen photo manips before, using Keira for Jaina, so you're not alone in your choice--I think she'd make a great Jaina! Nice work here!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.