main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Realm of Attachment--The new Obidala, Sabewan Index and Discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ObiDalaSabeWan, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiDalaSabeWan

ObiDalaSabeWan Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2007
    Welcome to the Obi-dala Sabe-Wan thread and index. This is run by DarthIshtar and welcomes all newcomers and oldbies alike. See the following post for helpful information, graciously compiled by Aeryn_Sun.

2. ObiDalaSabeWan

ObiDalaSabeWan Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2007
    Welcome to the Obidala & Sabéwan Fanfic & Link Archive

Other Fanfiction Archives

Legends of the Force :: Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanfiction
    Restless : Obidala Fanfiction Archive
    Siri/Obi-Wan Fanfic Archive
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Fanfic Archive
    The Obi-Wan Challenge Index

Fan Art Galleries

Obidala Shrine: Obidala Fan Art Fanlisting

Communities

Against all Odds
    Obidala Central: An Obidala C2 Archive
    A Safe Haven: An Obidala Fanfic Challenge
    Knight & Maiden: An Sabéwan C2 Archive
    sobi_fans

Welcome to the Writer's Resource's Obidala and Sabéwan Fanfic Archive, complete wirh author interviews, fanfic advertising, fanfic reviews written by you.

All fics are categorized by author, and of course, couple. The archive has also be revamped a little to show if fics are "works in progess, series, mini-series, fanfic challenge, viggie or a locked topic"

This thread has been edited, copied, re-edited, coded so many times, purposely to bring you the best collection of Obidala and Sabéwan fanfics! It doesn't even matter how many hours, it's worth it!

Despite its really large size, I do keep up all the fics here in the archive. But if you want to help and post links, you're more than welcome!

I'm hoping this archive will make it easier to locate an Obidala fic and find some websites to fulfill your Obidala or Sabéwan needs.

Submission Guidelines

If you already have your story/poem posted on board, just PM me the URL and I will add it to the archive. Or, if it is off-site, give me the URL to the site where your fic is available.

I stated poems also, because I have found that Obidala poems are equally beautiful (Black Kenobi), and very inspirational.

Reviews/Planning Threads

What can you do?

Besides submitting Obidala or Sabéwan fanfics, you can also use this thread to promote your fics. In fact, I encourage you to promote your fics here.

Format for 'advertising' fanfics:

1) Title of fic and url
    2) Author's Name and url
    3) Summaries are not needed since your fic should already be archived here, but if you want to provide one you can.
    4) A short snippet of a scene or excerpt from your fanfic.

Format for Obidala/Sabéwan Fic Reviewers:

1)Title of story [with link] by Author [with link]
    2)'Shippers: Obidala or Sabéwan
    3) Summary of story:

Your review can include...

1) A quote or paragraph from the story itself
    2) Your over all feeling of the story
    -- anything else you want to add, that's fine.

To submit reviews: Both reviewers must send me a draft of the review to look over and then you I will post the review. You can can pm the reviews to me. I'll look them over and post them.

Obidala Fic Reviews

Out of Reachby Crystal
    Reviewer: Princess1

Another Sunrise by AERYN_SUN
    Reviewer: JainaDurron

Sacrificeby AERYN_SUN
    Reviewer: JainaDurron

Obidala Fanfics

AERYN_SUN

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=256224

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks so much again DarthIshtar for taking care of my baby =D= and I [face_love] the new name, btw :)

~ aeryn

4. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Looks good, Aeryn and Ish!

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Discussion question:

What do you find to be the most plausible timeframe in which to write Obidala or Sabewan?

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    In terms of Sabewan, the answer is Phantom Menace and Post-Phantom Menace. Us Sobiwan 'shippers like to think that Obi-Wan and Sabe kept in touch with each other after the movie. But those two eras seem to be the most plausible. I have written Sobiwan in an Episode III fanfic, so sobi can be written there too.

For Obidala, pretty much Episode 1-3 are fair game. Before RotS came out, I believed that Obi-Wan and Padme would have the most interaction in the last movie. And I was right about that. Plus, I've always liked writing angtsy Obidala fics, so Episode III is good for that anyway.

~ aeryn

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree with that, though I have seen some really good ones as intertrilogy over the years. I think I would find it interesting to see it between AOTC and ROTS.

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Which 'ship: Obidala or Sabewan?

~ aeryn

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sabewan I would go for between AOTC and ROTS. Obidala, I would love to see between ROTS and ANH in an AU setting or between TPM and AOTC.

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I have question, with all the stories that have been written about Obidala and Sabewan, do you think that there are still more stories to write about them, or has everything been explored already (in fanfiction)?

~ aeryn

11. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    What do you find to be the most plausible timeframe in which to write Obidala or Sabewan?

Well . . . if you were to stick to the official continuity and 'ships, then I would say the most plausible Obidala timeframe would be post-RotS. People might refrain from making public enquiries about Padmé's pregnancy, but that wouldn't stop gossip.

AERYN_SUN: with all the stories that have been written about Obidala and Sabewan, do you think that there are still more stories to write about them, or has everything been explored already (in fanfiction)?

There are always more stories. Even if something has been done a zillion times, the next one will be different (unless it's a blatant plagiarization).

Anyway, given that everyone on these forums seems to be a SW fan (and people who write 'ships are fans of the characters), I'm sure there are non-fan angles that haven't been considered yet.

- lazy

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think there's absolutely more to write. I've seen very little intertrilogy stuff.

13. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Yay, a new index for this. :)

14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Just perusing the resource pages, I stumbled onto this thread and magically a bunny hopped.

Sabewan.

Working...

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, brodiew, any update on that bunny? I'd like to up this with a short challenge:

Write a missing moment Sabewan or Obidala scene that is entirely AU, but fits into the prequel trilogy.

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    No progress at all. It kind of died on the vine, Ish.

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Since I'm logged in here, I just wanted to say two things.

First Obidala Sanctuary celebrates 6 years online at the end of this month :) I finished the layout for that this past week. Right now, the site is on hiatus but look for it come back as the big day nears. (March 30th, but since I'll be leaving for NY by then, I'll probably re-open earlier).

Also, the wonderful Nadia recently opened a brand new Obidala fanfiction archive, appropriately titled "Obidala." I am also co-admin. All of you should definitely check it out when you have the chance. And post something on the tag-board, it'll make both Nadia and I happy :)

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wonderful. Thanks for letting us know. :)

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Nadia's working on getting the site its' own domain but in the meantime, both of us are adding a lot of Obidala fic.

~ aeryn

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I've sent a PM to the sock with a question about a story for possible submission.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll check the sock. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Obidala Sanctuary turns 6 years old!! The site actually celebrates its 6th birthday on March 30 but I'm going to be out of town on the 29th so...

[obisgirl throws confetti and sings OS a happy, happy birthday song!]

Here it is people! The brand new layout, making
    Obidala Sanctuary's 6 YEARS Online And it's appropriately called, "I Heart Obidala,"

Trivia:

I opened Obidala Sanctuary during the last half of my senior year in high school and now, I'm attending college full-time and from the day it opened to today, there have been a total of roughly 28 layouts!

The site was originally hosted at brinkster.com (which since then has gone all corporate), was hosted at gurlpages.com, angelfire.com, pure-thoughts.net before finding a home with the lovely Natalie at enchanting-dreams.net.

Obidala Sanctuary opened on March 30, 2002 -- a day before Ewan McGregor's birthday and as such, it used to have a page dedicated to Ewan McGregor fanfictions. I even made up a day called "Ewan Celebrations," to get more fanfiction and fan art submissions added to OS! <<-- Yeah, that's how desperate I was during the early years of the site to get fan submissions. :)

Obidala Sanctuary and its former sister site, Fated to Be opened in the same month but a year and two weeks apart from each other. Fated to Be celebrated its 5th birthday on March 19th!

Before it became known as Obidala Sanctuary, it was known as "Obidala Forever," and was hosted at gurlpages.com. And I used a website template.

On my way to opening OS, several Obidala fansites were closing. I dubbed this time period, "The Obidala Curse!"

The 4th birthday layout was the only birthday layout that I did not make myself. I asked my good friend Lisa to work on the banner and I did the coding.

For those who don't know, I am co-admin at Obidala Fanfic Archive with Nadia!

Happy 6th Birthday again Obidala Sanctuary!

23. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes! I've been looking for this ever since I found the old Obidala/Sabewan index. I'm so happy! :D

I'm nurturing three Obidala plotbunnies right now. I'll let you know when I finish and post them.

EDIT:

For Obidala, during any of the prequels but I think it could easily extend past them and into the originals' timeframe and beyond. For Sabewan, I would say Episode I since that's the only movie Sabé is in; although in an AU, it'd be easy to have her continue to be Padmé's handmaiden/bodyguard...

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I can see her serving the next Queen as an advisor, someone who can help her with the transition.

25. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    *nods* I could see that, too.

Do you think that Sabé would ever run for Queen herself? I think that the handmaidens know all about politics, especially since they see the queen do everything, including meet with her advisors, talk with the senators, and negotiate with other rulers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.