main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Reckoning

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by HanSolo29 , May 25, 2018.

1. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang
    Hong Kong, Nathan Road

Maria realized how smart it was to get her a motorbike and not a car. The streets were crowded with abandoned cars. People had tried to leave. Abandoned was the word anyway. Military control posts. Building covered with white sheets. Probably the sign of infection. Bodies. There were many of those around. People had collapsed on the ground and had simply stayed there to die. The whole city was now soaked in the disgusting smell of excrements and rotting flesh. The Gasmask protected Maria from it for now, but only so long.

The GPS lead her straight to Nathan road. The street was still illuminated by a thousand signs, but pretty much empty. Once one of the busiest places on the planet, now it was simply a dead street. A burning bus blocked the street and Maria decided to walk the last bit.

She took out the gloves and put them over before drawing her gun. Slowly she made it to the side road, following the GPS in her left. And there it was. The piece was sprayed on a white wall. A LEGO, obviously.

THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW

The words seemed like mockery. Both addressing the deadly virus called the black doctor and the lack of medical support for those left behind here.

A typical LEGO in the best tradition of the now infamous ANTVILLE piece that started the first crisis with the Gifted, back then when nobody called them Gifted. They called them "The Five".

She did not know what she had expected, LEGO sitting below his piece with a cup of coffee? She was here because she had nowhere else to go. The art was the only thing she could follow.

"He hasn't been here in the last few days." The voice spoke with heavy accent. Maria turned around and resisted the urge to raise the gun.

Behind her stood a barefooted and otherwise traditionally dressed young woman in her teens.

https://cdnb1.artstation.com/p/asse...imon-ma-highresscreenshot00048.jpg?1441964857

"You know the artist?" Maria asked and looked around to avoid any assault from where she did not expect it.

"I am alone." The girl said. "I am Amy. That is my christian name." She smiled and nodded. "I know LEGO. He was very kind to me."

Maria looked at her and nodded. "Maria."

"I know. He told me you would come. He said the President of the United States of America would send you to hunt him down ... again." The girl smiled. "He likes to speak in riddles."

Maria gave her a smile as she took of her gas mask. "I hunted him once before. This time I have not come to harm him though." She stepped one step closer. "You seem healthy."

The girl nodded. "My Kind is immune to the Black Doctor." She said calmly.

"Your kind?" Maria could guess what her kind was.

"I believe you call us Gifted." Amy said and looked at the gun. Maria put it away, but kept her hand close.

"What is your gift then?" Maria asked. Amy gave her a shy smile and giggled a little. Her hand covered her mouth as she did it.

"Maybe I show you one day." The girl said and waved. "Come, I need to show you something." She turned to leave.

"Show me what?" Maria asked. This could easily be a trap.

"You want to find him, do you?" She giggled again and quickly began walking away in the small steps her Geisha costume allowed her. Weren't Geishas Japanese?

Maria knew she had no choice. She put her mask back on and followed her anyway. Her hand rested with her gun.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007

Courtyard of the Mansfield Data Center, Los Angeles

Dr. Graham cleared his throat. "There is no need to threaten us Ma'am. We are here to cooperate. My name is Edward Graham. And you are right, there is a reason why we are targeted, but we are not sure ... obviously we do research on the Gifted, but that research is isolated from our general data stream. Maybe the attackers do not know that. There is another possible reason though. Do you know about any connection between these attackers and the pandemic that is called The Black Doctor?" He was obviously uncomfortable with the topic.

Anna felt something, that could hardly be defined as anything but a ... shift. A shifting in time ... a perception she had not had before suddenly felt something was wrong. Very wrong.

TAG: @SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell

The Black Star, Las Vegas

Alpha gave the girl a cold smile. "See you around kid." He simply said and turned back to his cigarette.

The three woman of very different age did not get very far before they felt a wind from behind. As they turned the Club was crumbling as if it imploded in itself. Alpha had erased any trace of Damian Kai's criminal organization and his involvement. He himself was nowhere to be seen.

Gloria watched in disbelief. "El diablo." She just whispered and then a violent cough took hold of her. She almost collapsed under it. When she was done her eyes turned desperately to Mira.

Tag: @QueenSabe7

HanSolo29 , QueenSabe7 and SirakRomar like this.
  3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Changte
    Mansfield Data Center

Laura raised her brows and looked at the elder Doctor. "No, we are not aware of any connection. Why? Is there one?" It kinda made sense. Whoever could create this miracle serum could probably also easily do something as mundane as a biological weapon, right? Still, why attack Mansfield Data Center? Suddenly Laura understood.

"You guys knew about IT? Did you? You got data on it?" She lay her head aside. "Which is what they tried to destroy in Berlin and what they are about to destroy here?"

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  4. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    L.A. Mansfield facility

Anna lost the necessary attention to follow the conversation when suddenly this ... disturbance appeared. She had no better word. As if she could suddenly see in a new spectrum or hear on a higher frequency ... a completely new sense. Time. She knew immediately she felt time and time was not flowing properly. It was messed with.

"Laura ..." She said almost whispering, but maybe she was not loud enough. "Laura!" She said then. Laura finally turned and looked at her. "They are here." Anna said and realized this the moment what was about to happen. Almost intimidated and a little clumsy she dragged her gun from her holster. The heavy piece of metal weighed more than she remembered it to.

They were here and that meant nothing else but that they were about to fight and someone was about to die. Her, Laura, them? Turning around Anna tried to calm herself as her heart began pounding so loud she barely could hear anymore. She had to do her duty. No matter how well trained Laura was, she would not be up for this. Then she realized that she needed a moment so why not take one? The thought was enough to slow down the world around her. Slower and slower until it was probably a tenth of the usual speed. Anna still moved at normal speed as she stepped back on the street looking around and trying to use her new senses to locate the disturbance.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @SirakRomar

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Update:

McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada

The crowd pressed forward at what presumably was the sound of a gunshot going off in the distance. With the chaos, it was hard to determine a source, but the Secret Service did not hesitate to take control of the situation. They ushered Phoenix to the side, pushing his head down and covering his exposed back as they hurried him through the horde that was steadily closing in around them.

From Matt’s position towards the back of the entourage, Agent Frey shoved his way through the lines to meet the Vice, speaking hurriedly into his earpiece as two other agents covered Matt in a similar fashion to the President. But due to his perspective near the back, the Vice President would have a different view on things – a parting in the crowd would reveal SWAT team members and other law enforcement personnel trying to gain control of the situation. It quickly became evident that not all who had gathered here today to see the President were well. Pale faces stared back helplessly, their fists raised in the air in protest, exposing the strange yellowish hue to their skin. Some even doubled over in mid-shout to devolve into a severe coughing fit.

But just as quickly as the window had opened, it closed as the SWAT members surged back against the rowdy crowd and blocked Matt’s view of the proceedings. In that moment, Frey was in his ear, drawing his attention elsewhere.

“This way, Mr. Vice President! We have a ride prepared for you to take you to safety!”

The man led Matt to a waiting towncar, its passenger door hanging open with another pair of agents standing guard. Once the Vice President was safely inside, Frey climbed in beside him and closed the door. “Go, go!” he shouted, pounding on the partition separating them from the driver.

The car peeled away from the chaotic scene, following behind the long line of vehicles in the motorcade. There was no word on the President, but seeing that they were on their way, the assumption was there that everything was fine; they were safe...for now.

“When I agreed to accompany your team, I did not expect to find so much excitement,” a smooth voice announced the presence of a man sitting on the opposite side of the passenger bench. He idly reached up to loosen his collar, seemingly flustered by the close call. “And this dry heat is certainly not helping matters. I forgot how hot it could get out here.”

Professor Cale then angled his head to the side and smiled.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

Wesco then Abandoned Warehouse, Nevada

Despite the initial flash of recognition, the Sheriff doesn’t appear too concerned with the man and the woman in the beat-up old pick-up truck watching him from one of the gas pumps. Or perhaps he has reserved himself to his fate. Even from this distance, his expression is sad, a look of a man who is expecting the worst to happen. As he turns to head back to his patrol car, Jackson seems to wave lazily with his left hand, almost as if he is inviting Jane and Ambrose to follow him. He then slips into the driver’s seat and pulls away.

Ambrose, leaning forward against the wheel with the engine still idling, narrowed his eyes and slipped a sideways glance at his partner. “Did he just tell us to follow him?” he asked incredulously. “I could’ve sworn that’s what--ah, hell…”

He trailed off, shaking his head to clear his mind. Jane had already given her instructions, and they had a job to do; no point in making assumptions based on things that probably weren’t there.

Putting the truck in ‘drive’, they pulled out onto the highway and followed the Sheriff at a safe distance. Slowly, the urban sprawl began to fade until they were out in the middle of the desert on back roadways. They were certainly going the long way around, and perhaps for good reason...if the quarantine zones were any indication.

Finally, the Sheriff pulled off the road, the patrol car’s tires kicking up dust in its wake as it made its way to another car sitting in front of an abandoned warehouse. It was the Honda Accord from earlier.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Medical Center, TARC Headquarters, Alexandria, Virginia

Dr. Denning smiled wistfully when Kawin took the envelope and turned away, intending to give the man some personal space to peruse the contents in privacy. He knew Paul had been a friend, and the wound was probably still fresh.

When Kawin opened the envelope, he would find a single sheet of paper with a very familiar face plastered on the center. From the looks of it, it was a copy of a police drawing since surveillance shots of her were so rare:

[​IMG]

Along the top was a simple message:

I thought it was time you got reacquainted with an ‘old friend;’ we’ve been keeping a close eye on this one.

Report to Empire, Nevada – my man will meet you there.

And finally, resting on the bottom of the envelope was a flash drive that presumably contained more information about his new mission…to hunt down Jane the Freelancer.

“Do you need any assistance, Kawin?” the Doctor asked, his eyes narrowing behind his glasses with concern.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto (see PM for info)

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Wesco, Nevada

After a tense moment the old man moved back to his car seeming to wave for them to follow. Jane shared a look with Ambrose.

"Did he just tell us to follow him?" he started, Jane just shrugged her shoulders. "I could’ve sworn that’s what--ah, hell…" He put the truck into drive and followed the patrol car. Jane went back to the moment before the weary look the slumped shoulders. The Sheriff looked tired or maybe just maybe it was something else. He'd accepted his fate. She'd seen it a time or two, when one of her targets knew the end was unavoidable and they just gave up the fight, resigning themselves to death by her hand. Though it didn't usually happen so fast. That was usually after months of tracking of near misses and direct confrontations. Did this Sheriff know something she didn't? Had he already been visited or come in direct contact with these so called miracle men?

These questions swirled in her head as they followed out for the city and out into the desert. It would make a good place to hide the body make it disappear but, why was the old man guiding them here? Something felt very off, this wasn't how it was supposed to go. There was that nervous feeling welling up inside of her. As they turned down a dirt road they came to an abandoned warehouse, for what? That information seemed lost to the sands. Her eyes widen just a little seeing the Honda they had followed previously, just what was going on here.

"This feels wrong, something's up." She swapped hands to open the passenger door. "Cover me from here, if I move inside follow." Getting out of the truck her boots kicked up dust as they hit the ground. She tightened up her tac-vest and threw the strap of her M4 over her shoulder just in case. Approaching she was very cautious, keeping her Glock ready but, not raised, her slight form locked and ready to spring into action should the need arise.

"Step out of the car and put your hands in the air." She said in a clear voice though one that couldn't be heard inside.

TAG: @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

Dr. Graham blinked and had a hard time disguising his irritation as Anna basically speed up beyond anything that was to be expected to be human and appeared on the street in front of the gardens. He had probably never seen a Gifted in action.

"What shall we do, Ms. Changte?"

The question showed he was clearly afraid. His security took out their guns.

On the street Anna could feel clearly where the disturbance had come from. The world around her grew silent and a car bypassing stopped as if frozen. Time seemed absent. Everything seemed to stop, except for three men in black military trousers and bomber vests who passed the street, each of them taking a gun with a silencer from their jackets. They headed straight towards the main entrance of the building, which was down the street from the garden. Then after a few seconds time resumed and the one of the three - a guy with short blonde hair - who had taken lead, vanished, just like that. A few seconds later he appeared again, opening the glass doors of the building from the inside.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Matt Andrews
    Las Vegas, car

Matt followed the lead of his security until he was safe within his car. They started moving, which meant the Phoenix was probably also secured.

Leaning back Matt looked at Cale and then gave him a deep sigh. "I think everybody imagined this a little different. But quite an angry crowd. Was it?" The people had been ill. Some of them. And even on a short look he recognized the symptoms.

Something was very wrong here. Very wrong. He checked his mobile if his Chief-of-staff had found out anything about CDC activity around the area. Then he turned his attention to Cale.

"TARC was a desaster, wasn't it? Tell me what you think about it?" He kept the question open by purpose to a reaction as authentic as possible.

Tag: @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    L.A. Mansfield facility

Anna breathed in as she saw the three men. Time stopped, ceased to work entirely for a few seconds. Then their leader vanished just as time itself resumed and he appeared inside the building. He opened them the door. They could stop time ... they could teleport ... the Mansfield guards did not stand a chance.

Anna felt her legs grow weak. This was it. It was what Laura had told her about. Three attackers, all three prepared to kill whoever stood in their way. "Laura! They are in!" Anna yelled and drew her gun. She was not good enough a shot to do anything at this distance, so she instinctively slowed down time again. The three men in her view she breathed out and slowed time more and more, closing her eyes. She was scared. Her heart pounding so loud it almost was painful to her ears. But she knew she had to fight the three. Raising her gun she began walking towards them. She wondered if she would find the strength to kill them. She had never killed anyone. She did not wanted to.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Medical Center, TARC Headquarters, Alexandria, Virginia

He looked at the letter and felt a pang of guilt, of wondering what might of been. It was a wistful notion, wondering how things might of gone if she hadn't left him bleeding out on the floor after he had saved her life a dozen times. It was sad and a little ironic, now he would hunt her.

Fingering the thumb drive as he was lost in thought he barely murmered at the Doctors words before blinking away the coldness of the world and the darkness of his own inner thoughts. "Yes. Yes. Help me get ready to travel. I'll also be needing my weapons." he simply stated with a somber nod as he folded up the paper before clenching it tightly in a fist.

He always saved, always found, and nurtured. Not today though, no today, today he hunted.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Changte
    LAAFB and Mansfield Data Center

Laura stepped forward and grabbed the Doctor's keycard from his chest. "Leave. Now. Evacuate the site immediately."

She turned to Anna who was now little more than a blur. Laura knew the girl was not ready, but also her only true chance. Anna would have to learn on the job and that would be a painful experience.

Turning to the side entrance in the gardens Laura ran to the doors and quickly slided into the building, her gun drawn and ready. Whoever got past Anna she had to stop, kill or slow down.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

The man in the center of the three began to move his head, turning towards Anna in terrible slow motion. He saw her from the brink of his eyes and then ... time resumed and stopped the same time. Everything froze, but the two men still outside resumed to normal speed and turned to aim their guns. Left of Anna the window of a car shattered as a shot hit it and if that had stopped the freeze of time and everything returned to slow motion. Four bullets crawled towards Anna, two aiming right at her chest.

The third man had vanished again and the glass door slided back into closing position again.

Laura swiped the card through the doors lock and it switched to green. She entered the lobby and saw two security guards collapse, as the man with short hair appeared right behind them and executed them with two shots. He turned to Laura his gun following his gaze. Between them was the desk of a third dead guard who sat in the seat there staring at the monitors with lifeless eyes.

13. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    L.A. Mansfield facility

Anna processed what had just happened. The man stopped time for a few seconds, but it seemed to resume once he affected anything.

The bullets came her way and Anna realized, that if he stopped time again she would be dead probably. She took cover behind the car and allowed time to resume for a second, before she slowed it down again. The bullets hissed past her. Looking at her gun she realized what she had to do. Not slower, she had to be faster than them. She came up and fired the whole magazine into the two men's direction speeding up the bullets with power of her mind. One hit was what she needed now. She tried to aim as good as she could.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Mira Morton-Kai
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Mira held her daughter tight against her chest, too tight judging by the child’s squirms. The pair – with Gloria in tow – had torn out of the Black Star and taken a sharp left, hurrying down the deserted street. It would be busy soon enough, but the club was off the beaten path and away from the main road, a fact that always annoyed Damian. Tough, there was no other place he could successfully operate his business, certainly not in the middle of the city. So he had made a hateful peace with it – and Mira was thankful in this moment he had.

Despite everything, her heart panged awkwardly for him…

“Baby, I’m so sorry…” she whispered raggedly into Ava Jean’s ear, too afraid to stop moving. It was more for fear of a mental breakdown than if they would be seen, but she kept her wobbly legs in motion regardless. She glanced at her friend and caretaker at her side, the older woman looking positively ill and terrified, paler than normal. And she was so grateful that she was with them. “Gloria, I’m sorry to you, too.”

She didn’t know what she was apologizing for exactly… none of what had just happened had been her fault. Yet, something stirred in deep in her chest that told her otherwise. There was guilt there. But why?

“Mommy, look,” came Ava’s strong voice, accompanied an instant later by a gust of wind that slammed into their backs. Mira stumbled, steadied by Gloria, and the women unwillingly turned back around to face the way they had come. The club, her home, crumbled and bent inward, imploding in on itself in a flash. Then, was gone. Along with Alpha, who was nowhere to be seen.

There was an eerie silence the seemed to stretch into eternity. The uncertainty returned to Mira in full force – what happened now? Where should they go? What was going to happen to Ava?

No one moved, no one spoke, they just stood frozen and staring. She almost forgot to breath.

“El diablo,” Gloria whispered hoarsely, clearly still overwhelmed. Mira repositioned Ava and intended to offer comfort to her friend and urge them to form a plan. Instead, she found herself recoiling immediately as the other woman began to cough and wheeze. A rattling from somewhere in her lungs was audible amidst the fit and the former cocktail waitress shielded her daughter instinctively, moving back several more steps and turning away.

“No!” she shrieked, her fears assuming the worst. Because the worst was real. And she began to weep, unable to control herself any longer. “Gloria… you can’t…”

I need you, she pleaded internally, unable to continue speaking for the moment.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Changte II

Laura pulled her gun up and fired two shots at the attacker, as she dived for cover behind the desk. The man could teleport, obviously. Laura was clearly in the disadvantage, but not yet lost. She had trained with Gifted, she knew their ways of thinking. All she could now hope was this little knowledge gave her an edge.

She looked around and waited for him to appear. He would try to find a surprising angle, she thought. The flanks. She guessed there it was where he would appear.

Ready to shoot she breathed in and held her breath.

Tag: @HanSolo29, @RachelTyrell

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Courtyard of the Mansfield Data Center and Streets, Los Angeles

The bullets were accelerated to a speed that was unnatural. Anna did not hit any of the two men, though. She missed the third man with five shots which hit the car behind him. But the sheer velocity of the bullets ripped the car apart and it exploded in slow motion into a million pieces. The man's eyes widened in shock as a thousand pieces of the car pierced his body and ripped him apart. Then he froze and his partner took cover behind another car, firing unaimed shots into Anna's direction. They turned into slow motion immediately, but none were about to hit Anna. The man dropped his gun in slow motion and grabbed something inside his jacket.

Inside the man vanished as Laura's shots smashed into the wall behind where he had been a moment ago. To Laura's surprise he did not teleport to her flanks or into her back, but instead the desk was covered by shots from behind one of the black marble pillars. The glass behind her cover shattered. The shots were poorly aimed, as if the shooter trembled or had problems seeing.

Las Vegas, near the ruin of the Black Star

Gloria's eyes widened with fear and she stepped back from Mira and shook her head. "No, don't come near me!" She mumbled and coughed once more. "I need to go to hospital!"

Ava began to cry. "I made you sick!" She was running towards the woman to embrace her.

"Don't!" The voice came from behind. It was a young female voice. A woman was standing there, with no indication how she had approached them without being seen. She was wearing a black jeans and blue hoodie and was probably Mira's age.

[​IMG]

"You are immune, but if you touch her you might make your Mama ill." The young woman said. Then she gave Gloria a sympathetic smile. "There is nothing we can do for her. The Black Doctor always gets his way once he visited someone."

Ava stared at the young woman and then slowly walked back to her mother, hiding behind her leg. The young woman gently smiled at her. Gloria was breaking out in tears. "I ... " She sobbed. "I am so sorry Miss Mira."

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    RachelTyrell and QueenSabe7 like this.
  17. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    L.A. Mansfield facility

Anna ducked behind the car and breathed out. She had just killed a man. But her brain fought the urge to process this information. Adrenaline floated her system and she realized that shooting would not work for her opponent. The bullets allowed her to control time and broke his command over it.

Time stopped again and Anna knew he was coming after her. She jumped up and there he was. Between two cars the man stood with a knife in his hand. His veins were visible in his face as if he was in pain. He was covered in sweat. But he took of the moment he saw her, ready to attack. Anna instinctively wanted to slow down time, but nothing happened. The man had stopped time, frozen it and in that state she had no command over it.

She knew she was to slow in reloading and she would not last a second in hand to hand combat. She ran. Fight or flee. Getting a car between the man was all she could do now and her she felt desperate. She felt fear.

"No tricks, just you and me." The man hissed through clenched teeth as he arrived at the other side of the car. He grinned and then leaped onto the car. Anna turned and ran away, hearing him behind her. He jumped down from the car, but he did not jump up to charge after her. He went to his knees and opened his mouth for a silent scream. Time resumed and Anna immediately slowed it down. She saw the man before her, the veins in his face blue from exhaustion. She realized her was not like her. He was not able to use his power without effort. He was in pain, drained by what he had done.

Anna breathed out as she made a full stop. She picked up what she assumed was a motor shaft, a steel pipe remaining from the exploded car. It was now or never. She ran towards the man who slowly straightened himself and time froze again. It was too late. The steel pipe hit his head with all the strength she had. It wasn't as powerful as the speed up attack she had aimed for, but the hit was hard either way. Time resumed immediately, as the man began spasming in front of her. His body was trembling, his mouth opened wide in agony.

Standing over him Anna knew all she had was to slow down time and hit and the man's skull would be crafted by the super-speed impact of her attack. She could not do it. Anna could not execute him. "I am sorry." She said, feeling tears run down her cheeks. The man looked at her almost pleading to her to put him out of his agony. The life fades from his eyes and all tension left his body.

He was dead.

Anna could not help but cry. Then a shot from inside ripped her out of her sadness. Laura!

She slowed time immediately and ran towards the spot where the time-stopper had dropped his gun. Picking it up she made her way towards the front door. She had to save Laura. Without her, she did not know what to do.

Ooc: Combined with Fin

18. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang
    Hong Kong, Nathan Road

Maria followed the girl through the smaller side streets, all illuminated by endless seas of neon signs. It was surprising they were all still on, but then again there was probably nobody to switch them off anymore. Some were damaged, some were sprayed on, but most were intact, offering a wild mix of products from Samsung, Shiseido and Omega.

They finally left Nathan Road and the district of shiny lights and entered an area of smaller streets. Garbage was everywhere, rats parted basically when they perceived human steps coming. Most rats did. Some stayed in place until the last second as if they wanted to hint at the rebellion they were about to start. The future lords of Hong Kong. The future masters of all.

"Where do you bring me?" Maria asked at some point and just because it grew darker and less easy to oversee she drew her gun. A coughing woman, barely able to see passed the street nearby ... she was pale with a hint of yellow. Shockingly Maria realized she was the only person she had seen here in the last few minutes. But people were there. From the windows and from the doors she heard coughing, breathing, moaning. The city had entered the final stage, where nobody was there to life, but those who had lasted until now were left alone to die.

"To someone who will help you." The Girl said and took another turn. Maria followed, checking the GPS. They were pretty much at the center of Legos works. The girl took quick steps down to a cellar and produced a long iron key from her gown to open it. She stepped inside and seemed not to care Maria had her gun drawn.

She followed her into a cellar. It was surprisingly big, like an unfinished underground parking lot. In it's center there was a throne ... there was no better word for the chesterfield seat surrounded by candles. Several Asians in their twenties stood there, all wearing red T-Shirts with the logo of some shop on it. Sushi. But on the seat sat a woman wearing heavy make-up.

[​IMG]
    "Hello Maria." She said in perfect English. With her long legs and slender body she looked more like a model than an intimidating gang leader.

"Hey. Nice make-up." Maria said and saw some of the people down here had guns, knives and chains.

"It is the day of the dead. Did you not know?" The woman said and Maria's guide vanished behind her seat.

"Thought that is 2nd of November." Maria replied and stepped towards the "throne". The red shirts parted before her like the biblical sea for Moses.

"This year it came early." The skeleton girl smiled. "My name is Akira and I know why you are here."

Maria did not point out that was a Japanese guys name. This were kids playing gang. They were probably even more dangerous because of it.

"The mask. You won't need it." Akira said. One of the young males coughed though. Maria looked at him and then took off the mask anyway. "You are already infected." Akira added.

Maria stared at her. Was she Gifted and saw that? Or was she just intimidating her?

"Two days from now and you will be dead." Akira added. Maria nodded. "Are you all Gifted?" She asked, not letting this revelation affect her.

Akira shook her head. "Only the two of us."

"What is your Gift?" She asked. She looked around. Everybody stared at her. She suddenly felt the need to cough.

"I see when people die. Amy here ... she is more blessed than me. She cannot die."

Akira coughed herself. Blood ran down her lip. So much for the Gifted to be immune. Maybe Amy did not consider this woman Gifted, obviously.

"I am looking for LEGO. Amy said you can help me." She said. Akira nodded.

"The God who paints." Akira stood up and turned around. She was wearing a black dress. The back was free and she revealed a tattoo showing what appeared a classical LEGO that covered all her back.

[​IMG]

Under the picture there was a text.

WHEN THE MAN COMES AROUND.

Maria smiled. "I kinda knew LEGO was a Johnny Cash fan." She said and stepped closer. "Did he ..."

"Yes. He did. We were close. For a time." Akira turned again and took Maria's face into both hands. "Not as close as you are to him. Nothing more intimate there is but murder. Is there?" Maria stepped back.

"I killed him, yet he is alive." Maria said and everybody began to laugh.

"He will never die. When we are all gone he will walk this scorched earth forever, with only his madness as his only companion." Akira hissed now and wet her lips with her tongue. Maria could not help but cough.

"What about Amy? You said she cannot die?"

"Yet she will die." Akira said, looking at the young girl and then taking her seat again.

"What do you want from me?" Maria asked and they all laughed.

"I want you to repent." Akira said.

"I do regret many things. I do regret ... what I did back then." Maria answered truthfully.

"Good. Why?" Akira asked and sat back into her seat.

"We were afraid of him and yet we destroy what we are afraid of. I should have helped him. But I believe he knew I would not. He knew many things I did not." Maria shrugged.

"He was blind. Now he sees. He told me that." Akira laughed.

"Where is he?" Maria felt more and more uncomfortable here. Maybe it was the revelation she had been infected. Maybe it was this creepy girl.

"He will come around." Akira said. "We will make him."

"How?" Maria asked and Akira smiled at her. That was the moment she was grabbed from behind.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Changte

Laura remained in cover as the man covered her with shots. That was exactly what he wanted, probably waiting for his back-up. Why did he not use his power? Was it limited? Sometimes new Gifted experienced that in the early stages.

She breathed out and risked a short look around the corner retreating immediately. This was a draw. Which served her well for now, as he could not go through with whatever plan he had.

Now the question was had Anna prevailed. Someone would come to help either side. The question was who. Anna or his guys? Laura prepared to fight to the end, but against three Gifted she stood no chance. She would go down fighting, TARC loosing another Director.

Anna was her only hope. Ever since Farmer she had been.

Tag: @HanSolo29, @RachelTyrell

20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Mira Morton-Kai
    Las Vegas, Nevada

"No, don't come near me!"

Gloria was coughing again, sputtering out words when she could get a breath in. "I need to go to hospital!"

Mira had stopped backing away, watching her friend do so instead. Her stomach turned as she once more felt the despair of helplessness, of being unable to do anything to ease the suffering of someone she loved. Tears streamed down her face and she choked back a sob, Ava continuing to squirm around in her arms. Now, she found her hold too weak to protest, so she set the child down.

“I made you sick!” the little girl whined in a high-pitched cry, slipping out of her hand to charge at Gloria, who was still retreating slowly.

“Baby, NO!” Mira moved to snatch her child back.

“Don’t!”

She had just grasped the tiny girl’s arm when a new voice startled both mother and daughter still. They whipped around almost in unison to see an unfamiliar face. A female, young – very young – had seemingly come from nowhere to interrupt the unraveling scene, though they had been thoroughly distracted.

"You are immune, but if you touch her you might make your Mama ill." It took Mira a beat to realize the stranger was talking exclusively to Ava Jean, knowing all about the cure Alpha had administered. Then, she next spoke to Gloria, a sad smile crossing her features. "There is nothing we can do for her. The Black Doctor always gets his way once he visited someone."

“Is that what this is? You're certain?” Mira blurted out, her eyes dancing back and forth between the newcomer and her dear friend. Ava had huddled behind her, clutching at one of her legs as she peered around to stare up at woman.

"I ... I am so sorry Miss Mira." Gloria broke down, almost instinctively reaching for the little girl but Ava hid herself behind Mira in reaction, the deep hurt that flooded the caretaker’s face as plain as day.

“How… if she is infected, how am I not?” she pressed the other young woman desperately. “Are you with Alpha? If you are, you can still help her like he helped my child!”

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins

HanSolo29 likes this.
  21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

Lobby of the Mansfield Data Center, Los Angeles

As Anna entered the third attacker still fired on the desk behind which Laura was hiding. He had the same anxious look on his face she had seen a moment ago by the timestopper. He was soaked in sweat. Over the thundering sound of gunfire he did not hear her, but Laura had a clear line of sight on Anna.

The floor was filled with the blood of dead guards. The marble interior was covered by little holes of missed shots.

Ruins of Black Star, Las Vegas

The girl smiled a sad smile.

"I am certainly not with Alpha. And nobody can heal her. What Alpha did ... it comes at a price. Believe me." She lowered her head and then stared at the girl. "And I don't know why you are not infected. But you will be if she stays with you. You are going to be infected and you will die and your girl will be all alone." The girl said this with absolute certainty. There was actually something familiar about the way she spoke. Something hard to grasp.

"Gloria, go to the hospital." The old woman nodded in tears. "Yes." She said and turned to Mira. "I am so sorry Miss Mira." She said and then nodded to Ava. One could see she wanted nothing more than to hug the little girl, but instead she turned and walked away.

"I am really sorry. I know she meant a lot to you. But we need to go now. This over there ..." She pointed at the pile of stone and ashes that was the former club. "... will draw attention by the wrong people."

Slowly shaking her head she turned to a VW Beetle at the end of the road, one of the newer ones. "I got a car. Come with me."

"What is your name?" Ava asked and the girl smiled and knelt. "I don't have one. What do you wanna call me?"

"Angel. Because I love angels." Ava said.

The girl nodded. "Great name. I will be Angel then." Looking up to Mira she became serious again. "If you wanna live come with me."

HanSolo29 and QueenSabe7 like this.
  22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Update:

Town Car, Las Vegas, Nevada

As the motorcade hurried down the busy streets of Las Vegas, Matt would find that Jeff had indeed left a message and a small file on his phone containing the requested information about the CDC:

His Chief of Staff was thorough with the report, but he emphasized his belief that the data was incomplete. It appeared as if someone had omitted important details, either out of negligence or other nefarious means. What the file did contain was a map of the immediate area, including downtown Las Vegas, the suburbs, and the surrounding desert. It highlighted various checkpoints and traffic stops that the CDC had erected within the past 48 hours. It looked similar to a quarantine zone, but no specifics were given beyond that.

Jeff mentioned that he was now searching for a paper trail, or some kind of directive to get to the bottom of this mystery; he will be in touch.

Meanwhile, Professor Cale simply crossed his legs and shrugged, running a hand through his thick hair to brush the stray locks from his face. His brow furrow slightly, seemingly disturbed by the reminder of the TARC massacre.

“I would like to say that we got lucky,” he replied evenly, canting his head to regard the Vice President. “We have come a long way without a mishap or a single altercation, especially when you consider the potential of the assets under our command. If such an event had occurred in our infancy, it could have easily destroyed us before we were able to get our feet off the ground. We have our own due diligence to thank for that.”

He inhaled deeply, his dark eyes shifting to the passing scenery outside the window. “It’s a shame that our safeguards have failed in this instance to detect the warning signs in Farmer; we could have prevented a tragedy, but TARC will endure.” He smacked his lips together. “I believe we should reevaluate certain protocols to prevent another similar incident, preferably before this breaks to the media and ends up crippling Harris’ re-election bid.”

Cale quirked a brow with a wry grin.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

Abandoned Warehouse, Nevada Desert

Tightening his jaw, Ambrose simply nodded at her instructions, seemingly content to hang back for now. In truth, he felt nervous about the situation himself, particularly with certain rumors floating around; he did not want to rush into this or look weak, lest he make a mistake. He had a reputation to uphold, after all.

With an exaggerated sigh, he reached down under the console to retrieve his gun, narrowing his eyes as Jane moved away from the truck to confront the Sheriff.

The old man’s shoulders slumped forward when Jane approached, one hand leaving the steering wheel to remove his hat and wipe the sweat from his forehead. Whether it was from nerves or the heat, it was hard to tell. “Give me a sec,” he drawled in a weary tone, his voice raw and threatening to crack under the pressure. “I haven’t slept in nearly 24 hours. He shook his head slowly. “Too anxious to sleep, really. If you don’t already know why, you’ll find out soon enough.”

With a sharp grunt, the Sheriff lifted the handle and pushed the door open, his legs swinging around slowly. His eyes did not leave Jane’s face as he rose from the driver’s seat and anchored himself on the dusty ground.

“I knew someone would come,” he continued calmly, elevating his hands over his head. “Y’all may think you’re smart, but you’re messing with something you don’t understand.” His eyes narrowed dangerously. “I know you’re responsible. Who else could it be? I originally brought them,” he angled his chin towards the Honda, “out here for their own safety, but then I figured – you know, maybe you’d like to see the result of your handy work and how it’s affecting real folks.”

He spit in the dirt at Jane’s feet. “‘Miracle Men’...that cracks me up. We could use a goddamned miracle right about now! Tell your people that!

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

TARC Headquarters, then Airstrip, Alexandria, Virginia

Despite his reservations, Dr. Dunning carried out his duty and assisted Kawin with gathering his things. The man remained fairly quiet, only making small talk where appropriate, but knew better than to bring up the contents of the envelope and the obvious pain it had caused his friend.

Another hour passed before Denning accompanied Kawin out to the yard behind the main building, where a security escort took over for the rest of the way; they weren’t about to take any chances after the attack.

The Doctor bid his farewell, going as far as giving Kawin a gentle hug, before stepping away to allow the small contingent of officers to lead the young man towards the private plane resting at the edge of the yard.

“This way, sir,” one of the officers stepped forward, holding out his hand to provide Kawin with some guidance to navigate the stairs. It was obvious through his actions that he wasn’t quite sure how to take Kawin’s disability. It was hard to tell whether he was just being overly cautious, or plain rude with his approach. “Please watch your step.”

“Stand down, Drake, I’ll take it from here.”

Chad Bessinger stepped forward to fill the plane’s opening, his face a stony mask as he leaned against the doorframe; he was always the loyal soldier. He allowed Drake a moment to fall back before coming forward to meet Kawin on the steps.

“Nice to see you again, Kawin,” he said coolly, his eyes squinting slightly with elation to see him well. Leaning down, he provided his arm to the young man in case he needed it, but otherwise kept his distance; he knew better than to force the issue. “I was scheduled to leave for Europe last night, but things got shuffled around at the last minute and I got reassigned. I’m sure you know how that is, so it looks like you’re stuck with me for the duration.”

He glanced at his watch when they finally reached the cabin. “I was provided with a brief summary before they picked me up, but I figured you’ll have plenty of time to fill me in on the rest of the details while we’re enroute. We have a five-hour flight ahead of us.”

Chad gestured towards one of the plush chairs and settled down with a heavy sigh. A short time later, they were airborne.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto and LordTroepfchen like this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    TARC Headquarters, then Airstrip, Alexandria, Virginia

Despite the good Dr's reservations, Dr. Dunning carried out his duty and assisted Kawin with gathering his stuff and getting out of there. To be honest he was not looking forward to flying. It was somewhat of a silent nightmare with his abilities and in some small way filled him with more dread than his mission at the moment when they had made it to the point of leaving the building. Enough so he had accepted the brief hug farewell. He wanted to say something, something about the loss, the pain. . .but he only felt a lump in his throat. Paul was dead and he was going off on his own for a clandestine mission to do something he rather would send someone else to do. But that wasn't the job, and after the people they lost, he had to agree that he was best gifted that was expendable enough to be able to do this mission.

Once out there he had had to use his 'polio crutches' to navigate as his wheel chair was loaded in luggage, he was going to miss that powered beast from just a look at what waited him. “This way, sir,” one of the officers that was there to guard him said as he stepped forward, holding out his hand to provide Kawin with some guidance to navigate the stairs. It was obvious through his actions that he wasn’t quite sure how to take Kawin’s disability. It was hard to tell whether he was just being overly cautious, or plain rude with his approach. “Please watch your step.”

The unspoken vibe seemed to be somewhere between 'lets get this over with', and 'I got here safely so don't fall and die on me now'. Perhaps that was his own prejudice peeking through, but it was hard to accept when slapped in the face with a task you no longer were good at. Walking was hard, stairs were barely a step below murder.

Terrible mission.

“Stand down, Drake, I’ll take it from here.” Looking up Kawin was pleased to see a somewhat friendly face as Chad Bessinger filled the doorway he was valiantly trying to climb up to. “Nice to see you again, Kawin,” he said coolly, his eyes squinting slightly with elation to see him well. Leaning down, he provided his arm to the young man in case he needed it, but otherwise kept his distance; he knew better than to force the issue. “I was scheduled to leave for Europe last night, but things got shuffled around at the last minute and I got reassigned. I’m sure you know how that is, so it looks like you’re stuck with me for the duration.”

If it weren't for the polio canes he would of accepted that arm, unfortunately the bloody things gripped his triceps and forearm in a way with those c-cusps that meant he had to let it drop away and fish his arm out if he wanted to do such a thing without it in the way. He certainly didn't want to cane Chad, the officer he wouldn't of minded doing it to so much, but not Chad. Chad deserved better. Waving his free hand in a dismissing gesture he smiled back, "Some blessing come in the oddest but best ways. Glad to have you with me on this one Chad."

Chad glanced at his watch when they finally reached the cabin. “I was provided with a brief summary before they picked me up, but I figured you’ll have plenty of time to fill me in on the rest of the details while we’re enroute. We have a five-hour flight ahead of us.”

"Sounds good, tell me the summary and I'll fill as we fly." Kawin replied as he kept following, glad to have his nemesis behind him, although dreading that he would have to face stairs again at the end of the flight.

Chad gestured towards one of the plush chairs and settled down with a heavy sigh. Kawin did likewise, although more with a heavy grunt and a few sighs as he got his arms free. It was only a short time later and they were airborne. Off on a dastardly mission to an old acquaintance bound by death and rebirth.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Wesco, Nevada

"Give me a sec," The Sheriff spoke, his voice seemed tired worn down. Jane could sense something else going on. "I haven’t slept in nearly 24 hours." The older man shook his head, the mercenary arched her brow. "Too anxious to sleep, really. If you don’t already know why, you’ll find out soon enough."

Finally he started getting out of the patrol car Jane tightened up her pistol prepared to pull the trigger if he tried anything.

"I knew someone would come," He continued putting his hands above his head. A interesting reversal for a man that had been asking others to do that for decades. "Y’all may think you’re smart, but you’re messing with something you don’t understand." He narrowed his eyes, an unspoken threat.

"Not my job to understand." she replied.

"I know you’re responsible. Who else could it be? I originally brought them," he gestured to the Honda that had led them out here, "out here for their own safety, but then I figured – you know, maybe you’d like to see the result of your handy work and how it’s affecting real folks." He spat at the ground, Jane remained unfazed.

"'Miracle Men'...that cracks me up. We could use a goddamned miracle right about now! Tell your people that!"

"I didn't give them that name." Jane said looking at the warehouse behind them. It wasn't her place to know what was going on. Her contract was just to provide support. There was nothing to be gained by her seeing what was inside that warehouse. But, she couldn't fight her curiosity. She'd worked for a lot of bad people, seen and done a lot of terrible things. She doubted whatever it was would be shocking. "You know I'll have to kill them if I see them right...I can't leave witnesses." With her left hand she gestured for Ambrose to come to her. "If you really want us to see, just know that they will die."

25. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    L.A. Mansfield facility, Lobby

Anna saw the man and his exhaustion, his feverish eyes. He also had the problem ... whatever it was. Time slowed down without her even recalling making a conscious command. It was like a natural reaction to danger now. And stomped over the bodies and dived below two bullets who eternally slow moved through the air now.

Stepping right in front of him she rises the gun of the man she had just killed outside and pressed the long silencer against the head of the third and final attacker.

She did not pull the trigger. She could not. Yes, out there she had killed two men. But she had defended herself. She was sure the impact on her psyche would come as soon as adrenaline faded out of her system, but she knew if she had not done it she would be dead now.

This was different. It was an execution. The man would not even know what hit him.

She could not execute a man. She lowered the gun again and looked over to Laura, ducking behind the desk as it got ripped apart by the attackers bullets. She had to stop him anyway.

With a sigh she stepped back and aimed at his knee cap. Calmly she pulled her trigger and her mind speeded up the slowed down bullet as it pierced through it. Then she pointed it at his upper arm of the hand he held the gun in an repeated the procedure.

Once both bullets where on the way she looked time to resume. Watching coldly as the bullets concluded their journey.