main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The relationship between Finn and Rey. SEE FIRST POST WARNING

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015

True, but based on TFA, it doesn't seem like they're scared. :)

2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I hope Disney ignores all of this crap and just continues along with their story. FinnRey should be just like Han/Leia - their romance should be low key and play out on the side of the overall drama naturally. Whether anyone is on comfortable with this particular IR couple is irrelevant. Not putting FinnRey together because of racist discomfort would be asinine - and I mean that regardless of whether the discomfort is coming from white people or poc. FinnRey should happen because of the story, the characters, and the chemistry. They shouldn't happen or not happen because of whining about race.

3. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    Disney ain't scurred (sic)

4. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Do you have a link please :)

5. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016

Rest easy Poe fans he is safe

Edit they are just reporting what everyone else is saying.

Forgotten Cade and turnip white like this.
  6. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    ^^ here's the link:

7. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    thank you xxx

8. Purple Ren

Purple Ren Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    It's not a white man trait. It's a man trait. Be a white man on a date with a good-looking black woman and you'll get the stinkeye from some black men. Substitute good-looking black woman with a good-looking woman of any race, and you'll get stinkeye from some men of her race, but not all. The same would happen, I think, regardless of what race the man is. If you're a different race from the woman, or even if you're perceived to be a different race, some men from her race are going to be butthurt about it.

9. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    If they're bold enough to depict a suggestive, invasive, torture scene with Kylo and Rey, Finn and Rey kissing a couple times shouldn't be a thing. It's not like IR romance in film is all that crazy anymore. 'Focus' had Margot Robbie and Will Smith doing quite a bit more than kissing.

10. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    Of course, and I'm not trying to pit on IR dynamic against the other, but there is a far greater, more ingrained stigma against Black men and White women, and it's one that's often perpetuated by elderly White men. I'm not attacking White men or anything, I'm stating a sad fact.

However, as you said, the same problem exists for Black women, to a somewhat lesser extent. There is very much a sense of ownership or entitlement to Black women that exists in some Black men. Basically they feel like White men are stealing 'their' women.

11. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    I'm not sure where you're from, but I live in Socal and there's really not alot of that going on here. And I see a ton of mixed couples walking around, I can't even remember the last time anyone paid notice. But maybe it's different elsewhere.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Personally, I find the idea of cute little (possibly Skywalker) mixed-race children running around, to be kind of adorable actually.

13. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    Yeah. Not much of that going in here either. And I'm in an interracial relationship. *shrugs*

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

14. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    It happens, even to this day. It's not very overt, but if I'm really paying attention, I can catch a little bit of it here and there.
    (also currently in an IR)

Deerborne likes this.
  15. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015

Yeah, I live in a progressive area but if I'm out with a white guy it's almost guaranteed that I'll get a dirty look from a brown dude. The vast majority don't care but the ones who do make an effort to catch my attention, it's obnoxious. And I generally date MOC so the white dude they're getting huffy about is usually just a friend. :rolleyes:

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  16. Gyasi Mandara

Gyasi Mandara Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    When was the last time you saw Black men hang white men from trees and make movies like Birth of a Nation?

17. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    In fairness they've never really had the means to do that, have they?
    I'm sure there have been plenty beatdowns over it, though.

18. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

One of the aspects of that culture i was talking about is where people will attempt to pass the culture off as a simple human trait that is found in all cultures in all time periods.

Forgotten Cade likes this.
  19. Gyasi Mandara

Gyasi Mandara Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    So your comparing murder to getting (possibly) beating up? White privilege must be a wonderful thing i have to try it some time....

20. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    It is a human trait. You can't blame any particular culture for that. Black dudes are just as guilty of it as white dudes. So are all other kinds of dudes.
    Do certain cultures feed it more? Absolutely. But it is still a human trait.

Ohhhhhh jeeeeeezus. I won't even get into how "white privilege" is a myth, because that's not what this post, or board are about.

21. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    Okay. We gotta get back on the main topic again. This current debate can only go south.

Forgotten Cade likes this.
  22. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

23. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    Yeah. Let's try not to get this thread locked again, please.

Carl Rahl likes this.
  24. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

Forgotten Cade and Tharionn like this.
  25. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    I'm sorry, but I love my FinnRey shippers. We are an awesome bunch. Literally every post you guys make I can't help but think "wow you summed all my words in that post or gif."

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk