main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD The Renaissance is coming - have your say

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    This has been a long time coming… With the new films on the horizon and new Star Wars content soon to be released… the time has come to bring about a renaissance to the Art forum.

The aim is to expand beyond the current format and delve into other aspects of Art and their influences. HanSolo29 and I have been in discussions about this and here are the planned concept features thus far:
    • Open awareness and build relationships with Official Star Wars Artists:
      • Dedicated threads on well known Official Star Wars Artists to showcase their works and encourage interactions
    • Reoccurring Q&A sessions to get to know artists better.
    • Open Discussion thread/zones:
      • Topics range from the works of Drew Struzan/Ralph McQuarrie/other influential artists to subjects like "Concept/Production Art", "The Art of…" and so forth.
    • Revamping Resources:
      • Critiques and Work In Progress assistance threads
      • Organise special workshops - "How to..." type threads.
    This is just a start and hope to expand further. Since these concepts would be stepping outside from under of the Fan Art umbrella, a name change to the forum would be warranted to reflect that.
    Anyhow, I wanted to share these concepts with you all to gauge everyone's interests and suggestions and for you to have a say on such an endeavour.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great ideas, all of them

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I agree with the bird. Great ideas! Can it be done, Lord Vader er dear Outrider?

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It will take time but I believe it can be done if we all keep that passion burning that inspires us :)

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And so say we all.

*frowns

Should stop watching BSG, tsk.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I like the "How To" thread idea particularly, as I'm sure that many of us have our own little specialties that we can share apart from general art tutorials. Might give me a reason to revamp some stippling basics I slapped together out of boredom one day, or do another painting step-by-step.

Corellian_Outrider and Goodwood like this.
  7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Doo eet! :D'

Actually, I do have something to bring up Corellian_Outrider: would it be possible to have a thread for Star Wars model builders, both for those who put together kits and those who scratchbuild?

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Yes, it is possible to have thread dedicated to model builders. I would love for such a thread to really take off.

9. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'd love a place to discuss/post old concept art.

Corellian_Outrider and TrakNar like this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

For what my two cents are worth, I really like that idea.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just want to say that I'm loving all the changes that I'm seeing so far. It's great to see the Fan Art forum getting some love and I want to thank Corellian_Outrider for doing such a fantastic job!

I can't wait to see what the future of this forum has in store! I'm really excited! :)

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It is a pleasure HS29 :)

Judging by the responses, it sounds like we are all in accord to go ahead with the changes. I'll go ahead and start the next phase of implementing them.

13. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    What about the ability to post threads about art technique, materials, issues, and questions, unrelated to SW? I think that would bring a lot of traffic and vitality...

Corellian_Outrider and TrakNar like this.
  14. SkywalkerDiCo

SkywalkerDiCo Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    As a super amateur artist, I cannot wait to see what's next in the revamp and the work everyone has with the new films!

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Progress is still happening behind the scenes.

We will be branching more into Art, especially with the discussion threads. Regarding Art Technique threads, we have that option before with posting resources and looking into ways on revamping that format again with the "How to" type workshop threads.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    * beams

It always makes me happy that you guys in here do such a brilliant job, while RL has also pretty much work tasks for us all. You are my heroes.