main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, May 26, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful talk about Leia; sensible to check out two destinations. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “I’m tired, Chewie.” Han said with a sigh…“tired of the fight….the years of fighting….Leia…"
    Han looked back at Chewbacca. “I don’t see how she can go on much longer. Now she’s running from her own son.”

“You still care for her…love her.”

Han inhaled a deep breath…”I never stopped.”

Sigh, everybody hurts. I suppose. But it is still sad though. And at the brink of heart-breaking. But such is real life. Seldom a happily ever-after. Each day with your partner is an act of balance, commitment, compromise and honesty.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @AzureAngel2
    "Each day with your partner is an act of balance, commitment, compromise, and honesty."

That was gorgeous! =D= I can sense that in your own couple's journey and it is a joy to behold such stalwart courage! [:D] @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, appreciate you taking the time to read THE RETURN.
    Your insights are spot on...in life as well as fiction.
    More to come. Have a good day. Lynda V.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    *munches popcorn*

6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl....appreciate you taking the time to read RETURN.
    Don't understand your comment...must be an inside joke.
    Have a nice weekend. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    It's similar to *De-lurks*. Basically just letting you know I'm still here and reading your story, even if I don't have any specific comments. :)

8. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Thanks, Cowgirl...now I've learned something new. Lynda V.

9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO Chapt. #21

Han entered the cockpit, looking rested and somewhat refreshed; he’d bathed and changed into another pair of black trousers and a white shirt.

“Looking a little scruffy there.” Chewbacca teased as his friend took the pilot’s seat.

The Corellian put a hand to his chin. “Didn’t want to shave half my face and I can’t shave over the scratches. How close are we to Archon?”

The Wookiee pointed to the gauges.

“Just a couple more ship’s flight hours.” Han commented. “How about some food?”

Chewbacca gave an enthusiastic growl.

“Set it on automatic and head to the galley with me.”
    &&&

Han scraped the meat from the pan onto Chewbacca’s plate and set a big mug of kava beside it,
    then helped himself to the rest. Sitting, he took a healthy drink from his own cup.
    They ate in companionable silence.

“Don’t want to set down on Archon unless we see something.” He told Chewbacca. “Then
    we’ll head to Backhesh.” Han stopped, straightening in his game table seat. “If we don’t find them at Backhesh,
    I don’t know where else to search…don’t have any more clues.”

“We’ll find them.” Chewbacca assured.

Han cleared the meal debris and said to Chewie. “Why don’t you take a rest now.”

The Wookiee nodded and headed to his cabin.
    &&&

Back in the cockpit, Han rolled his shoulders…still sore from that powerful hit from the wampa.
    He looked at the stars and planets outside the cockpit windows. “Where are you?” He wondered out loud.
    He continued to monitor all the flight readings, settling back, getting comfortable in his seat as the Falcon
    swooped through boundless space.
    &&&

Han was busy flipping switches and punching buttons when Chewbacca reappeared in the cockpit.
    “We’re approaching Archon.” Han told him.

Chewbacca could see the moon-sized planet clearly as he took his seat.

There wasn’t much light radiating down on the surface… it looked dark and foreboding.

“I’m going in closer.” Han said as they entered the planet’s light gravity field. Han piloted the Falcon lower…
    he could see the jagged edges of mountains and boulder strewn fields and flatlands.

“Doesn’t look like much.” Han said to Chewbacca, who nodded in agreement.

“Let’s go to the other side.” The ship obeyed Han’s command’s and soon they were on the side lighted by its small sun.

Again, just jagged mountains and boulders, no trees or water. “The planet’s air saturation might not sustain life for very long.”
    Han said looking at the readouts.

“The didn‘t stop here.” He shook his head. “What if I’m wrong and the planets I saw on that radar screen weren’t the
    places they were looking at to evacuate? They might have left this galaxy.” Han slumped back in his seat.

“Don’t give up.” Chewbacca encourage.

“Guess we’ll move on to Barkhesh.” Han said as he put in the flight coordinates in the navi-puter.

The Wookiee was worried about his partner’s downcast look and posture. Han wasn’t one to give up….
    but he didn’t have the strength and energy he’d had forty years ago…

“Set up the hyperdrive coordinates.” Chewbacca said. “Let’s get there as quick as we can.”

Han looked wary….this was the last place…a place of his only hope…did he want to get there quickly…
    just to be disappointed again…or if the Rebellion remnants were there…what would he find….would Leia still be with them…
    or in her strongheadedness go out on her own to find Ben….If Ben had no qualms about turning on and killing his father
    would he be able to do the same to his mother….Han realized he didn’t want to lose Leia to power hungry hatred.

Han punched in the hyperdrive……it was now or never.
    “Let’s go!” Then he pulled the lever and the streaming starlight illuminated the cockpit as they
    shot into the blackness.
    &&&&&

Entering the system, Han set the tract for Barkhesh….

Chewbacca noticed the smile on Han’s face when they sighted the colorful planet; blue waters, green hills and high,
    snow topped mountains. Cities and villages could be seen dotted along the land. Han swooped lower and noted the outer land…
    then caught sight….

“Chewbacca…there!” Han pointed.

The Wookiee gazed out from the cockpit window…ships sat docked on the flatland…people currying around like gzatns….

“We found them!”

Chewbacca could hear the relief in his friends energized voice……

MORE TO COME….Oct. 19. Han and Leia finally meet.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] =D= =D= [face_dancing] Wonderfully described anxiety brought on by the disappointing find at Archon but then to be followed by the relief of success at Barkesh. Eagerly awaiting the H/L encounter! [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...appreciate your comments. Hope the Han - Leia encounter isn't disappointing.
    Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO CHAPT. #22

FINAL EPISODE

General Leia Organa sat in the warm sunshine at a makeshift desk nestled next to a soft leaved bush,
    seemingly oblivious to the bustling activity and noise around her. The hidden Rebel base was in full work mode.
    Bright sparks flew from welding as mechanics worked to repair and refurbish the ships, soldiers carried
    precious cargo to and from those same ships. The wounded were resting and being cared for in medical tents further away.

Leia heard a familiar sound and looked up, shading her eyes from the sun and scanning the clouds,
    saw the ship….the Falcon. ‘Rey’s returning.’ was her thought as she looked back at her paper work.

“General Organa.”

“Yes?” Leia looked up to the soldier standing at attention.

“There’s a ship coming in.”

“I saw it.” She replied. “I’ll see the pilot when they land.”

“Yes.” The soldier left.

Leia continued her work and not much time had passed until a slight growl caught her attention.
    Turning her head toward the sound…. “Chewbacca!” She rose and rushed to greet the Wookiee,
    giving and receiving a welcoming hug. “You came with Rey.”

Chewbacca shook his head and replied. “No.”

“You came alone.” Leia stated.

“I brought someone with me.”

Leia nodded and movement from beside a distant, swirl-barked swindan tree caught her eye.
    She paled, catching her breath, she placed a hand to her heart and grabbed at the air for something to hold on to.

Chewbacca reached out to steady her.

She watched as Han walked slowly toward her…time drifted away…she didn’t see the grey hair,
    the creases of age on his face, the slower gait….in her mind’s eye she saw the brown haired, scruffy,
    cocky smiling pirate swaggering toward her.

“Hello, Leia.” Han said, stopping in front of her. Looking back at her, he didn’t see the streaks of gray in her hair,
    the dark circles of fatigue under her eyes or the fuller figure. In his mind’s eye he saw the spunky, bright eyed determined Rebel fighter.

“It can’t be…..” She struggled to speak. “You’re dead…I felt it….I knew when you died.”

“Did you know how?” Han asked seriously.

“I just knew you were gone.”

Han pulled the shirt from his pants.. unbuttoning halfway up, exposing the jagged, black scar
    on the middle of his body.

Leia gave an involuntary snear.. imagining the pain…she reached out and ran her fingers over the ugly mark…
    over the skin she used to caress so gently….now, mean and rough.

“In battle?”

Han lowered the shirt when she removed her hand.

“No….a darker power….the one that has a life hold on our son. I’ll tell you all about it later.”

“Ben did that?!”

Han took Leia’s hand. “No…Kylo Ren.”

“You know that’s Ben!!!” Leia jerked her hand away.

“No, Leia…it’s not Ben.” Leia clasp her arms around herself and looked away.

Turning back to face Han she asked. “How did you find us?”

“We went to Hoth…got one of the radar screens to work. Saw some of the planets
    displayed. Was checking them all out. This one was next.” Han explained.

Leia nodded to the scratches on his cheek. “He do that too?”

Han gave the crooked smile that had always melted Leia’s heart…..and still did.
    “Ran into an old friend.”

Leia gave a deep sigh. “Why are you here?”

Han looked around; Chewbacca had his back turned to them. The Corellian adjusted his
    blaster belt, shifted from one foot to the other and licked his lips. “For you.” He said honestly,
    the timbre of his voice steady, nearly a caress.

Leia became aware of several rebels advancing toward them, weapons at the ready.
    Their eyes on Han and the armed Wookiee. They didn’t know the dark clad man talking to
    their leader….so young they’d never heard of Han Solo.

“It’s alright.” She dismissed them. They hesitated, then slowly retreated.

“What do you mean for me?”

Han took a deep breath and stepped closer to the woman who was his wife.

“I’m tired of fighting, Leia.”

“Then you came to the wrong place, we are regrouping. We’ve recruited many new rebels.

Other planets are joining with us.”

“I’m tired of that kind of fighting, but I’m also tired of the fighting between us.”

Leia gave a patronizing face and turned to leave. Han caught her arm. “I mean it, Leia.
    Can we go somewhere to talk further.”

She lowered her eyes, then nodded. She took his hand and together they walked up a slight hill…
    settling themselves under the shade of a flowering westra tree, it’s fronds hiding them from the curious,
    watchful eyes below. Han helped Leia sit, then held on to the ground as he joined her, placing his legs awkwardly. .
    “Not as easy as it was when we were younger.” He quipped.

That elicited a smile from Leia. She remained quiet, enjoying the fragrant breeze that was
    wafting past them, relaxing despite herself.

Han watched the activity below…the welding, the supplying….soldiers..

“You said you were regrouping. Don’t you get tired of all this? Of moving from place to place,
    of losing ships and soldiers…to try so hard only to have to one victory replaced by a stronger offence.”

Leia looked down, her finger circling a soft blade of grass.

“That is what a fight against tyranny is all about.”

“But you’ve been fighting the same battle for forty years…..Forty years, Leia.”

“It’s not been war all the time….I had other duties…we had a life..together…had a son.” She looked him in the eye.

“Had….we don’t have that any more.” Han said softly. “But we could again.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The New Order weapon is destroyed. It will take time for Ren to establish his reign of terror,
    to be accepted as the new leader. There’s not a threat just now.”

“We can’t let down our defenses.” Leia argue back.

“What defenses? A few ships…most of the leaders are gone.. you can’t carry this all by yourself.”

“Are you saying you want to join us again?” Leia looked hopeful.

“No. I want you to join me.”

“I’ll not run around the galaxies…participating in questionable activities.”

“That’s not what I mean.”

“It’s time to let the next generation take over. Rey…Finn…the others. They’re eager, have the energy.
    We did more to secure freedom and defeat Vader than those before us. And those after us will take it
    further…maybe establish peace…permanently.”

Leia seriously pondered what Han was saying, then… “I have to admit it is becoming more difficult for me.”

“You can continue to carry out your diplomatic and royal duties..you know the history of the Resistance
    and you will be relied on for strategy, plans and guidance if needed.” Han assured her.

“But just not in the midst of the operation.”

“Don’t you think you’ve earned that right?”

“I won’t ask them to do anything I won’t.”

“And you haven’t. Remember our early years together…how nice it was…”

“I remember all the fighting between us.”

“That was passion, Leia…remember each time afterwards” Han raised an eyebrow.

She giggled, feeling like a girl again.

“And later, when Ben was born.”

“I remember how crazy you acted.”

Han lowered his head….”That was pride.”

Silence grew between them..the breeze ruffling Han’s hair. Leia looked for long moments

into her husband’s eyes. He reached up and plucked a frond flower from the branch above them and placed it behind Leia’s ear.
    “Remember when I put flowers in your hair before?”

“Yes.” Tender feelings, long buried, were budding and growing in Leia’s heart; tears threatened
    to moisten her eyes.

“That place where we had our get away when Ben was young.”*

“It would be a good place to spend the rest of our years.”

Leia looked up into the sky. “You can be very persuasive.”

“You’d just be a communication away….Who knows….us being together again, we might be able to reach Ben.
    There’s always hope. Even for us. How about it?” Han urged as he scooted back to lean against the tree trunk.
    He reached out and drew Leia closer….closer….

Their kiss was gentle, reuniting, comforting….convincing. “I love you Leia.” Han whispered when they drew apart.
    “We‘ve been given another chance.”

Leia looked into Han’s eyes. “I never stopped loving you.” She admitted as she nestled back into Han’s arms.
    They were quiet for a while, as much a part of each other as the stars were a part of the heavens.

“Poe Dameron reminds me a lot of you.” Leia broke the silence.

“Poe?”

“He’s one of the pilots…would make a great leader.”

“So, you’ll go back with me?”

“As long as you understand I’ll always be a part of this, as long as I can, until the threat is completely gone.”

Han shook his head. “I’ll be a part of it too.”

Leia snuggled deeper into Han‘s embrace. “What shall we call that place….Han’s Hideout…”*

Her husband smiled. “I remember calling it Leia’s Lovenest.”*

Han took a deep breath, feeling more content than he had in years. Squeezing Leia’s shoulders closer, He said,

“Why don’t we just call it home.”

THE END….OR IS THIS A NEW BEGINNING?

Would appreciate knowing if there would be interest in reading further
    stories about Han and Leia’s later life.

*referenced in my story published here GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, delicious, how they each reacted to the first sight of one another. The candid talk, how their feelings burgeoned again, because they had never quite faded away.
    Han is right about so many things: it is time to take a step back and let the younger folks take the lead, while remaining as a consultant.
    For myself, I would love to see more of their later lives, if not necessarily in a chaptered fic, in a series of connected viggies. [face_batting]

[:D] for this very satisfying journey!

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    D'awwww! *melts into a puddle of gooey mush*

15. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, appreciate you reading through THE RETURN.
    I didn't want to see the characters 'killed off', I'd rather see them
    retire and enjoy the rest of their lives together. I appreciate Lucas and Disney
    allowing me to play in their sandbox. Will continue to write stories.
    Lynda V.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl,
    Thank your for taking time to read RETURN. Appreciate your comments.
    Lynda V.

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    How we have no more handkerchiefs at home any more. I hope you realize that, @Hopefulwriter !

[face_shame_on_you]:p[face_love]

What a fantastic show-down, even for our ageing lovers. The honesty of their words, the bitter-sweet realisations, the solution they came up with. Thank you. Blessed be! [face_pumpkin]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  18. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, Hope things are better for you.
    Appreciate you taking time to read the final chapter of RETURN
    Thank you for such kind words. Hoping all would enjoy the ending.
    I wanted Han and Leia to decide to remain together, a new start, and still have
    a part of the continuing struggle for galactic peace, which brought them together.
    I left a couple of 'clues' in the story: The old man and the young pilot
    and may one day flesh out their story concerning Han.
    (I even used a few hankies myself in the writing of the story)
    Lynda V.

19. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    I'd be interested in more.

20. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Darth, Thank you for the encouragement. Starting to work
    on another. Lynda V.