main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The return of the feedback junkies: Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Hello, my name is SilSolo (you can call me either Sil or Solo) and I am a feedback Junkie.

I just absolutely love to hear what people think of my fics (as long as the person knows SW). I am currently working on The Final Battle and here's an excerpt:

Take me to the edge of the atmosphere, preferably under that X-Wing. The nearly scar-less Yuuzhan Vong reconnected with the biological components of his ship and gave a destination. The range of Sheng Lah's senses was limited whenever he used the hybrid between the Force and the Vongsense, so the he needed to be as close as he could to the three other Jedi in order to finish the process he had started.

When the young man was sure that every creature capable of clouding the Force was asleep, he adjusted his senses in order to access more of the Force. He then snatched the other three Jedi mentally. The Yuuzhan Vong became aghast with disbelief when he heard the faint voice of Ben Skywalker conversing with that of a woman, whom he had recognized as Jysella Horn after a few seconds. That old technique? It has more than one function! Either that, or I've been blasted out of the sky and I'm about to join those two in the realm of the gods.

*hands every human a soft drink and hands every vampire a goblet of blood*
    I think if you like NJO and Yuuzhan Vong, you'll like this.

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi, my name is Idrelle_Miocovani and I am a FEEDBACK JUNKIE! :D :p

I have a total of ONE fics on the JC boards, and quite eager for lots of feedback (although I do get a good amount already).

Slayer is an OC, far future epic and the Hapans rule the galaxy! Mwhaha. :D

--- EXCERPT FROM SLAYER ---

Cursing in rage about defunct speeders, Gareth?s mind whirled in search for an answer. He pulled up sharply as his guard swooped around 180 degrees and came pelting towards him. Deciding on his tactics, he veered quickly to the left, listening intently to see if the guard was still following him. Flicking a couple of controls, he swerved to the right and shot off in another direction, towards a grove of close-knit trees.

--- END OF EXCERPT ---

:p

Here's the link. Read and I will give you chocolate brownies. ;)

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey, I'm Seb, and I'm probably one of the worst feedback junkies around here. I thrive on it. I subsist on it. I die without it. It's at the point where I only have a few drops of blood left in my feedback stream.

Link down there in the sig.

Go on. Click it. I dare ya. ;)

4. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    What a brilliant thread to resurrect!

Hello! My name is oqidaun and I am a feedback junkie!
    I don't get a lot of readers because I once insulted an old gypsy woman and she placed a curse on me.

My fics are usually dark and disturbing, but sometimes funny. People forget to "Just Say No" and leap off buildings. Dead younglings come back to haunt TPM characters. The Imperial Navy has enough fodder to keep Dr. Phil in business for years. Elan Sleazebaggano gets depth and a back story. Padme and Anakin mope. Mas Amedda smokes.

5. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hi, my name is Bobilll and, aie, I can't help it, but I'm a feedback junkie!

My current ficcy, Contingency Theory, is an AU that goes through as many "what ifs" that I could possibly think of without losing Star Wars feel altogether...I can't actually bake, but I got some yummy fried peas and ramen as bribes! Hmmm, yeah, teaser below:

Shaak Ti shook her head. ?Of course, there?s no way we can be sure; Skywalker?s past has always been hazy. But? it all seems to collaborate so closely. Remember what Boku had said about his wife and son? How they were captured by pirates and sold as slaves in the Tatooine system?? She closed her eyes. ?I feel the truth in the Force. Ki, I do believe that Skywalker had a father. And, if that?s true, then??

??he is not the Chosen One,? Ki finished.

Now to check out other junkies' ficcies...

6. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Hi, my name is GrandAdmrlV, and I'm a feedback junkie...or I would be, if I got much. Luckily I have some devoted fans over at ff.n or I would be feeling severely deprived. [face_shame_on_you] I don't know whether it's just difficult over here for a newbie, or people avoid fics with OCs, or whether there aren't as many Boba Fett fans as I thought there were. :eek:

I thought that instead of giving a summary I'd just give a few quotes from some of my readers:

"More Boba Fett! Thank you for updating! This chapter was simply wonderful and I love how Fett is so IC the whole time! Even without his helmet on, I still feel the 'Mandalorian vibe' coming from that character, cause he's such a big jerk. A very cute jerk, though. Wonderful job. I can't wait to know what happens next, I'm so excited to see what you'll do..."

"This fic is so cute! I normally don't go for OC stuff, but your Miele is so adorable and such an anti-Mary Sue that I can't help but like her. And, of course, Boba. Everyone loves a Mandalorian."

"You know, your fic was the first Boba Fett romance I've ever read and when I went searching on here for more Boba Fett fics I was severely disappointed. None of them match yours in quality."

And a little teaser:

A wave of fury rushed over her then, and she opened her mouth to fling back some sarcastic retort, some insult, anything -- but he was too fast for her. Before a word could escape her lips his mouth was on hers, and he pulled her against him, holding her so tightly there was no hope of escape. There was nothing except the feel of his mouth on hers, the sensation of his body pressed up against hers, the strange roaring in her ears as she realized what was happening.

Oh, the link's in my sig. :cool:

7. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Hello, my name is Brant_Flir, and i am a feedback junky!

Yeah, i love to hear people talk about my fics, it makes me feel like my work is apreciated, and i get sort of down if no one responds to my fics.

EDIT:
    Teaser:

"Again to herself, she cried, ?Help me!? and then stopped, accepting her death.

Trooper 5298B ignited the lightsaber and felt a strange energy source flow through him, obeying his command and partially controlling his actions. He jumped into the air and yelled, ?It will be done my lord!? to the young padawan, and she looked up just in time to see the ARC Trooper cut down the clone troopers around her."

------The Rogue ARC Trooper I - Defection

8. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Hi, I'm ShrunkenJedi, and I'm a feedback junkie! :_|

I've posted variously since I came here although I don't have a ton of stuff, put my fics in my bio (except a viggie or two), occasionally up my ouvre, and this year I've been getting back into it...

Yes, I reply to other people's fics! I don't have a lot of time to do that, though, and I'm a fairly slow writer.

I've recently finished my longest story yet, which is still far from an epic. But I want to try out some more original work, which will leave me again with a gaping hole in my posting here...

9. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Hello, my name is DA (or Cat), and I am a feedback Junkie!

*laughs* This is a cool thread.

On to the evil cliffhanger teaser from Planetary Traditions. For all J/Z and J/TK shippers! This particular excerpt is from Jacen's point of view.

He was a split second away from gesturing to Tenel Ka that they should head that way, but it was then that the hidden being struck. An elephantine, olive green, sucker-covered tentacle emerged from the water ? and before Jacen could react ? the unknown force grasped Tenel Ka and pulled her underwater, where she vanished.

And the opaque waves of the dark night continued to flow.

10. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Hello, my name is Elana, and I am a feedback junkie!

This is an excerpt from my story "From My Point of View..." (link in my sig). It is a retelling of the events of the Original Trilogy, from Anakin/Vader's point of view.

He faces me with earnest passion, reaching out with eyes and mind. ?It is the name of your true self. You?ve only forgotten. I know there is good in you. The Emperor hasn?t driven it from you fully.?

That is why you?ve come, Luke? You think you can turn me? Almost I laugh, the idea is so preposterous, and yet? He is so certain, and I can feel the intensity of his emotion radiating from him. Compassion, caring? love. For me.

He turns from me, to gaze out into the night forest. ?That was why you couldn?t destroy me.? He rests his shackled hands on the railing. ?That?s why you won?t bring me to your Emperor now.?

He puts the weight of the Force into his voice, so strongly that I feel the urge to nod and agree, and must actively resist the power of his suggestion. I didn?t kill you because you are my son, nothing more. It has nothing to do with good or evil. That is the essential fallacy of the Jedi, equating the Dark Side of the Force with evil, and the Light with good. Just because I serve the Dark does not make me evil, and that I care for you, yes, even love you, does not mean there is anything of the Light left in me.

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello, my name is FelsGoddess, and I am a feedback Junkie. I love feedback. It sustains me. It keeps me going. I should probably seek help. ;)

Here's a little teaser from my newest, Forgotten Daughter.

Leia dropped the datapad she was holding. She stared at the image Jag had uploaded to her, "Aeria?"

Jag nodded, "She says her name is Aeria Solo. She looks a lot like Jaina. She even has an authentic birth certificate and everything. Should I bring her back with me?"

Leia barely nodded. Her baby was coming home! She hadn't seen her in 28 years! She had lost three children; Anakin was dead, Jacen was missing, but had come home, and now her oldest was finally coming back to her! Now if only her baby boy could come back, everything would be perfect!

"She is your daughter, Leia?" Jag asked, "Are you sure?"

Leia nodded, "Yes, Jag. I haven't seen her since she was an infant, but I know it's her."

He nodded, "We'll be there soon."

"Thank you," Leia responded, then adding, "Oh and Jag? Don't say anything to Jaina yet. I don't know how I am going to break this to her."

Forgotten Daughterp1

Here's a poem I wrote, which is amazing since I cannot write poetry. Lady from Naboo

I reply to other people's threads all the time. I guess I'm kind of a reply junkie too. :p Okay, I shall finish rambling now.

12. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Hi, my name is Siaynoqsbride, and I am a feedback junkie.

My current fic is Vader/Padme AU. It starts out with her being tortured by the Emperor to provide the location of the Skywalker twins; Vader rescues her. It ends up delving into angst and a whole lotta introspection.

You know you want to click on the link in my sig. Go on, do it.

Excerpt:

?Is this the price you paid??

Her voice was kind and gentle and strong. He could sense the light within her, the way she belonged to the Force, the way it captured her and lifted her. He was unworthy; he was a despicable creature that had no right to even look upon her in all of her glory. Yet he somehow conjured the strength, somehow found the willpower to speak although he could not lift his head.

?This?? He asked bitterly in his thin voice, feeling the promise she had made of their love evaporate into the air. ?The price I paid was in every day knowing that you were lost, that you were dead, and that it was me that killed you. The price was in rising every day to loose even more of myself because there was no hope, there was nothing except pain.?

He felt her pity come to him, and he despised it. He was not worthy of pity, not after all he had done.

?I continue to pay the price,? he rasped, ?In knowing now that I am beyond hope, that you will never forgive me.?

13. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Hello, my name is Vongchild, and I am a feedback junkie.

I don't know how my feedback-junkieness started - an up here or there, a new post two days earlier than planned... Anyways, the point is that I love the feel of seeing my name on page one because someone else read my fic. I guess it comes from the fact that for a long time no one ever read my fics. (This was before I started posting here.) I'm obsessive about feedback - I'm a feedback vampire.

Currently, I write mostly J/Z, though in the past I've written A/T, Obi/Siri, and some random fics involving Barris and Anakin (no slash there!). T/Jg, and OC/OC. I've even written interspecies!

The following is an exerpt from my fic When My Mother Was a Yuuzhan Vong

?Have you ever wondered how many things there are in the galaxy that we can?t even begin to imagine?? Torre questioned.

?No,? I answered. ?I haven?t.? There was a long moment of silence between us when the night bugs decided to crank up the volume.

Finally, Torre spoke. ?Oh Jess? I never realized how lost you were.? It went unsaid that I had upset him, and we sat in silence a while longer. Finally, Torre reached up and pointed to a dim speck left of the moon. ?See that?? he asked. ?That?s the galaxy my people come from. I looked it up in a star map. I?m never going to get there, but I can sure try to get as far as I can.? He reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of flimsy. He spread it out and in the moonlight I could see it was a map of the galaxy. With a finger wrapped decoratively in purple ink, Torre pointed to a spot on the map. ?We?re on Zonama Sekot. Here.? He dragged the digit across the flimsy to another spot. ?This is the farthest away from Zonama Sekot that you can get before you leave planetary systems altogether. I?m going to go to that last world, and when I get there, I going to look back, and I?m going to laugh at all the people who said I couldn?t. Who said I was just dreaming. Jess, I am going to fly. And I am going to leave this place.? He folded the flimsy back up and placed it in his pocket. ?Soon.?

Because I'm a feedback junkie.... And need to escape this horrid addiction.

14. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    My name is Lola (not the showgirl) and I am a feedback junkie.

I don't know what I need more. Feedback on my writing or feedback on my responses. It just might be the latter. I find myself attempting to be witty and then looking back to see if the author I've just responded to got my haha. Yes I am beyond help.

I have a piece out there, Skeleton in the Closet, Another story of Leia's long lost child. Only she kind of doesn't know about this one. (I'd tell you how but that would spoil it) And now the offspring is in possession of something very valuable to dangerous people.

It's like the movie It's a Mad Mad Mad World, without the humor. Everyone looking for the same thing and then meeting up eventually under the giant "W".

Passage:

His daughter immediately started asking where Remidalis was but stopped when he spun her around to face him.

?Wait a minute. What sister are you talking about? Last time I looked your mother only gave birth to three children and two of them were definitely boys. I know. I?ve changed diapers.?

The Jedi female tried to quiet him but was not successful.

?Unless I have children that I don?t know about. I mean it?s possible, before I met your mother. No, that couldn?t be. Most of the women I had been involved with are dead and there were no records of any births.?

?Dad.?

?Unless it was that waitress on Agamar. I mean it was just a one time thing. I didn?t even notice she left that morning and haven?t seen her since. Heck I don?t even remember her name.?

?Dad.?

?I think it began with an S. Slinka, Salingra, Sa something. I don?t remember.?

?Dad!!!? Jaina?s yell brought him back to the present. She had to stop him before he spilled his whole sex life to her, which is something she never wanted to know.

?You do not have any other daughters, except me, that I know of.?

She could see the relief on his face. Jaina found herself wondering if she could be able to tell him about her mother, his wife. It was why she seeked him out, to tell him so he could help her tell her mother what she discovered.

She bravely stated, ?Dad, you don?t have a daughter but I still have a sister out there.?

Han didn?t understand at first. How could that be? Unless. Unless the sister was born to Jaina?s other parent.

15. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Hello, my name is Wendynat, and I am a feedback Junkie!

I'm not proud of it. But I am what I am... :) I love to know that people are reading and enjoying what I write, because that's what I'm writing for - my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. I adore any kind of feedback, concrit, praise, pointers, etc.

I have a few Anakin/Padme vignettes on the Saga board (one of which is also on the TFN Archive), but my current "baby" is my OC-centric WIP, Severing the Past. It's set after the attack on the Jedi Temple, following two Padawans who escape with the help of a Master.

Excerpt from Severing the Past:

He stared at his lightsaber, frozen as reality smashed into him. He had used it. Truly used it. Years of practice, hundreds of drills against the other Padawans and younglings, and until now his blade had never met flesh.

A hot knife through butter.

That was what it was like ? not the aftereffects, of course? butter certainly didn?t smolder and a knife didn?t leave a char of black ash in its wake. But the feel, the minute resistance as the blade of light pushed through flesh. Such a small resistance, barely discernible, and then smooth. It was simple. Easy.

Except for the scream.

Butter didn?t scream.

Maybe it wasn?t like a knife through butter, after all.

[hr]

16. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Hello, my name is Myra, and I'm a feedback junkie. :D And proud of it, too.

This is from a little songfic that I wrote just recently...

?Anca, can you come sit down, please? I need to talk to you,? Wes said, walking towards the sofa, and flopping down in the middle.

?Wes?? Anca looked almost sick. ?Are you about to break up with me??

[i][b]So when you tell me that you love me know for sure
    I don't want to be lonely anymore[/i][/b]

[i]Oh, shavit[/i], thought Wes. [i]I am. But does she really care? [/i]
    [hr]
    Hope you read and enjoy... Cookies, if you read, at least. :D

~Myra

17. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    *nervously stands*

Hello everyone, My name is LovedAnakin and I am a feedback Junkie.
    Sometimes when I go to work, I check on my feedback. Sometimes when I go home I check on my feedback as soon as I get in the door. I have real issues, I think. I check my emails to see if I have feedback updates. I worry that no feedback means bad writing. But then I get jealous when I see other fic posted after mine and accumulate more feedback than me.

Here are my teasers:

Plan B: My brother's keeper
    summary: Darth Sidious fails in seducing Anakin to the darkside. He finds other means to force Anakin to turn.

The dark lord of the Sith's eyes glinted yellow in the darkness of his hood. The apprehension in the air was palpable. The quickened breath of the younglings hiding there could barely be heard. He reveled in idea of what he was about to do. These young lives meant nothing. They were just like vermin to him, a pleasure to terminate. A child emerged from behind a curtain. He approached, looking up at him, "Master Skywalker, we are trapped. What do we do?"

The dark lord sneered maliciously as he ignited his red blade. He raised his hand to strike as he used the force to slowly close the chamber doors, eliminating the younglings' only means of escape. Just before the doors closed, Anakin Skywalker flipped into the room. And with his blade, he intercepted a fatal blow that the Sith was bringing down upon the child. The youngling ran to the far corner of the room. Anakin's eyes met his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here the second one:

The Emperor's American coup
    Summary: Its basically ROTS except its very AU taking place in NEW YORK CITY in 2005.

He looked out of the window again as the train rocked back and forth through the twists and turns of the tunnel beneath the East River. He checked his watch, 11:30. Padme must be worried. I am almost there anyway. He loved riding the subway. He identified with it most. He loved the speed, the unpredictability of the train?s movements and need for the rider to hold on. He identified with the powerful bolts of energy that was the subway system?s life blood. He appreciated the undeniable potential danger the thunderous sound usually ushered in as the train approached the station. Yes, he identified with this piece of technology and respected it greatly.

The loud and intrusive voice of the conductor spoke mundanely, ?High street, first stop in Brooklyn. Next stop--Jay Street/borough hall. Connection is available there to the F train across the platform. Stand clear of the closing doors.?

Anakin stepped out of the train onto the platform. As the train thundered out of the station, he walked up the stairs toward the exit. He slowly walked towards the turnstile when a fare jumper ran passed him with a police officer struggling to keep up behind him. Without making any movements outside of his stride, Anakin used the force to trip the fleeing young man, who fell flat on his face. Had Anakin been in the mood, he would have looked back over his shoulder to quietly enjoy a humorous moment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last one I swear:

A story about nothing

It's a seinfeld crossover

Anakin pointed his gloved finger, "You did the 'stop-short' on my wife!!"

"Stop - what? Wh-what are you talking about?" Obi wan gestured curiously.

"The stop- short!! I used to do it to Padme all the time when we were dating." Anakin imitated hitting the brakes on a car and shooting his right arm out. "MMMM! I stop short!!"

"I assure you Anakin. I did not have any sexual contact with that woman." Obi wan wagged a finger. "It was purely in the interest of keeping her safe."

"I'll bet."

"I would not cop a feel on your wife Anakin." Obi wan sighed, "That is not my specialty." Obi wan smiled.

18. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Hello, my name is Earthknight and I am a feedback Junkie.

Although I have a few reviewers, I'm always welcome to more. I'm currently working on an action/adventure story starring Ben Skywalker and several NJO Jedi.

The story is called I,Jedi/I,Sith. It isn't complete yet but I'm hoping to finish it soon. Here's an excerpt from I,Jedi/I,Sith:
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Ben stared at the man then put his hand on his light saber. "Who are you?" Ben asked cautiously.

The figure ignored Ben's question then continued. "Can you not feel it? Through the force."

"Feel what?"

"The connection between us. Whether you know it or not, you and I are both connected. It's a shame really. You and I finally meet and now it comes to this. One of us must live and one must die."

"Frankly, buddy, I don't know what you're gabbing on about. But since you are looking to start trouble you've come to the wrong beach. I'm not in the best of moods right now so starting trouble with me is not smart. Now for the last freaking time, who are you?"

Ben could now feel the anger and dark side energy emitting from the dark figure. The dark figure stared daggers at Ben then spoke. "Who am I? When this is over. When you have fallen to my blade. You'll never forget my name. I am Omega, Darth Omega. And even though you and I are connected, you are still a jedi." Darth Omega pulled out his lightsaber then activated the crimson red blade. "Don't worry the dark side is clouding the senses of your jedi friends. So no one will help you or sense my presence. Prepare to die, Benjamin."

19. Lady_Cora

Lady_Cora Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2005
    Hello, everyone. My name is Lady_Cora and I'm a feedback junkie. (cronically :D) I have only one story on the forums, The Jedi-Emperor Series. It is an AU, that begins in Revenge of the Sith, under the premise that, if he had received a warning through the Force, Obi-Wan may have returned from Utapau earlier, (perhaps) changing the course of Anakin's destiny. Don't expect a warm, lighthearted story, but a pretty dark and gritty one (maybe that's why I have so little feedback [face_thinking] 8-})

Here's an excrept, from chapter Nine - Chase toward the Fading Sun, where Anakin has a very dark moment.

All of his pent up anger and frustration were slowly choking him. For too long they had dwelt inside of him, festering and boiling until it was impossible to remove them without destroying himself in the process. Now he didn?t feel powerful or focused, as Palpatine had told him. He felt ravaged. Tormented, as his inner battle raged on.

With a howl of desperation, he focused on the blackness he saw more often lately. He felt a tendril of dark energy respond to his call. I was cold. Chilling, even, like the touch of the dead. Unnatural and twisted. But Anakin was past caring.

Gripping the tendril, he pulled it hard toward him. It swiftly responded, obeying its powerful Master. More and more black threads converged on his being. He felt their coldness. And their power. Raw, unbridled power. There were so many now, that he could feel them eclipsing his luminous soul, wrapping themselves around it.

Bending his will outwards, he sent out a bolt of dark energy. It struck a very large decorative vase, shattering it with an ear-splitting boom, which echoed down the empty hallways.

At least he didn't hit something that was alive! :D Here's the link:

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/22073691/p1/?29

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Hello - I'm Kelia and I'm a feedback junkie.

I'm fairly new to writing SW fiction and I'm mostly a Saga gal although I did one story for beyond. I find myself almost compulsive about checking for feedback...is there a 12 step program available?

I am currently working on my first multi-post story called The Auction. Here's a little tease:

?Our final bachelor of the evening is Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

A loud cheer erupted from the audience as Obi-Wan awkwardly began his walk down the long ramp.

?Jedi Kenobi is 33 standard years old, enjoys studying planetary maps, hours of meditation and quiet evenings at home.?

A few hoots, hollers and calls to ?take off the cloak? followed Obi-Wan back up the ramp where he stood next to the announcer waiting for the bidding to begin.

?500 Republic credits,? called out a shy voice from the front row.

Obi-Wan smiled politely at the very nervous young woman as a few more bids were called out in rapid succession.

?10,000 Republic credits,? came a determined voice from the back of the room.

The audience moaned.

?10,000 republic credits going once?going twice??

The lights came on to reveal the identity of the winning bidder

?Sold to Padme Amidala?

Obi-Wan gasped in shock and turned to see Anakin glaring daggers at him from backstage.

"http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22323553/p1/?42"

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hi, I'm Val, aka Valairy_Scot and I'm a feedback junkie! I post mainly in Saga, a little Before the Saga and several of my stories are in my signature. I get positive feedback, but mainly from the same 4-6 folks!

Here's a sample of one of my latest
    , Having Seen Through His Eyes (feel free to suggest a better title.

I was no better than he, worse, for he was cruel without thought. I had planned my words to hurt, to see if there was a man inside the Jedi. Even my harsh words didn?t reach him. He showed no reaction, he just turned to walk away, and said simply, ?Take good care of them.?

He raised his eyes just enough so I could get a glimpse of them, and through them was the man that I had wondered was inside. They were pools of sadness and worry that could not be hidden, though his demeanor had revealed none of it. Hurt at my words. He turned away from me, and I saw, barely visible, the slight slump of his shoulders....

If he came back ? no, when ? he came back, I would have to talk to him. I no longer had all the answers. Maybe the Jedi didn?t, either. But confessing my anger would be a step to my own healing.

He would understand. I had seen his eyes."

Also, from I Die Inside: A Story of Betrayal

Master Yoda lets Senator Organa tell the story. I can?t look at him; I can?t take the pity in his eyes, for fear it will reflect in my own. I can?t accept pity, for that will surely break me in pieces, and a Jedi can?t let himself go to pieces when the galaxy is falling apart around him. I stare instead at the floor, but its blank slate is clean, empty, sterile, a reminder of death.

How many of my comrades are dead? I can?t comprehend this reality; I am so numb I can?t feel. Mercifully.

I turn my eyes to Master Yoda: his strength and wisdom will give me strength. There is sadness in those dark depths, but there is also understanding and life. The fire hidden in those depths passes into me and washes some of the coldness from within me.

Finally (sorry) my tongue in cheek Two Shifts at the Ladies Only Bar in Mos Eisely

When he had first been offered the job, the Force had shrugged and said, ?Use what you got, if you want to survive.? Obi-Wan knew he?d been endowed by the Force with great abilities, as well as some moves taught him by Anakin in his experimenting teen years.

He had always thought his stature among the Jedi was based on his skill with words, his knowledge and understanding of the Force as a Jedi, not his measure as a man. But it was nice to know he more than measured up.

Size matters not, Qui-Gon whispered in a wicked imitation of Yoda.

22. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Hello, my name is whiskers and I am a feedback junkie. I am also a kind of newbie to fan fiction, but an expert to its big brother of Pen-and-paper RPGs (believe me, in my opinion it takes the same type of skill.) I too have to check my story constantly in search of any new readers.

I have only one piece of fan fiction here, and oddly enough it is based off of an RPG character I made.

Here's a sample of The Tale of Jorec Merridon, it is from Chapter X:

He looked down at the lightsaber in his hands, and saw not the elegant weapon and a former symbol of respect, but he saw a crutch. The last bit of an old life that was slowly attempting to pull him away from the new life he had just begun. It was a weak spot, Jorec thought, something that can be used against me. Something that can only bring me more pain?

23. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I adjust the microphone.
    "Hi, I'm SpiritOfEowyn,"
    "Hi SoE!" Other repeat, bored.

"and I am a feedback Junkie."

I have to check my fanfics many times a day to see if anyone gives me feedback. It is what modivates me to write, and improve. It shapes the fanfics I write. I take requests. [face_blush] I use flames to improve my work, and to roast S'mores.

I have a couple fanfics I'm working on. Here are the two getting updated the most.

Fratricide- A what if short story about what would have happened if Jacen had accidentily killed Jaina in Shadow Academy. It is pure sweet angst. It needs love too. :D
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22260628&brd=10477&start=22281294

Give me Liberty or Give me Death, a Mystery set at the beginning of YJK. It ties in NJO, DN etc. The main character Zekaya is cannon. Avi is the only OC. :D Funny, heart wrenching and angsty all mixed together.
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/22048583/?5

Here is a little exert from one of the more revealing/angsty parts.

â??He would never betray ME even if somehow he became the darkest Sith ever.â??

Avi shook her head. â??Heâ??s not the man you knew.â??

â??The war changed all of us. I am not going to hide from-â??She had become flustered.

â??You think I like telling you this? He was my master! The man you knew is gone.â?? Aviâ??s eyes said it all. â??I just

canâ??t let you walk into danger like that. Honoring who he was wonâ??t allow it.â??

Zekaya put her hands over her ears. â??No. I have to believe that there is still good in him! I have to.â??

Sheâ??d searched him out then as she did again now. For vastly different reasons. It flew against reason to seek

him out now. She couldnâ??t even tell her family she was back to normal. She was probably the only trained Jedi

who stood a chance against him in a fight but not even the force could get her to bring herself to attempt to

kill him. But for the freedom of galaxy she had to try.

â??You will never know peace.â??

It would be better to be dead anyways.

I'm also working on
    Other Half: Solo and Skywalker twins Index.
    http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/22314061/p1/?0

::eek:ffers freshly made chocolate chip cookies.::

::pouts::

"I am a, incurable fanfic junkie, like my roommate before me." [face_batting]

24. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Hello, my name is BrightFeather, and I am a feedback junkie.

I have recently posted my first Star Wars story bits--Waiting as a separate thread, and one in the Qui-Gon Challenge thread, In Sickness and... Both are in Before the Saga. I've been writing in various online fandoms for almost five years, and I love feedback. I thrive on it. Feedback validates whatever I happen to be working on. If I get no feedback, the little voice in my head starts telling me that I've failed and that my story sucks. :D

I like Before the Saga, and the Saga--and I tend to write either fluff, or closely-plotted stories with fluff, angst, humor, and a bit of romance, depending on the situation. I like writing kids, too. It's a challenge to write a child that actually is a child instead of a minature adult.

I'm also working on a longer story right now, but I'm trying to get more written before I post. It's a waht-if story to explore if Anakin still would've turned if Qui-Gon hadn't died and been his master...

So please all those who know of which I speak, give a fanfic author some feedback today. :D It's the only 'pay' we receive!

BrightFeather

25. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Hi I am Ganki, and I am a feedback junkie.

I just had to say wow been away for a year and I just wanted to say I missed this thread. It was a great help for me the first one and I know this one will do the same for many other. *hugs to all*

^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.