main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The return of the feedback junkies: Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hi, I'm Breezy, the author of this version of this thread and I am a feedback junkie.

I've uprooted from my home and posted in the scary relm of the Beyond boards and found that a good portion of my readers have been left behind...

Come guys, it's not THAT bad over there!

2. Saishu_Heiki

Saishu_Heiki Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2005
    My name is Saishu Heiki and I am... a feedback junkie.

I recently wrote my first piece of Star Wars fanficion and posted it on the Saga board. Prior to this work, I only used my own original characters in my fiction, fan or otherwise. By using cannon characters, I am a little nervous about how it turned out. I humbly submit my short story, Facets of the Past to you.

Facets of the Past
    --- excerpt ---

Obi-Wan's legs hurt.

He is no longer the young man that served the Jedi Council during the Clone Wars. As a Jedi, he always tries to do what is right and just, but running around an Imperial station disabling tractor beams is exhausting, even for a forgotten legendary Jedi. The years weigh upon him, but Obi-Wan Kenobi knows how heavy a burden duty can be.

The sound of heavy footfalls makes him stop. These do not belong to any Stromtrooper or Imperial officer. They are slow and methodical, the cadence of restrained passions.

The weariness passes when he feels that familiar presence in the Force.

All of his failures stand before him, encased in life-giving Imperial armor, trapped perversely in a Sith frame - black as the Dark Side itself.

No longer must he hide as old Ben - this is the final trial of one of the most gifted Jedi of his age, one half of the team that had been hailed as the invincible saviors of the Republic. He breathes in the slightly acrid air of the Imperial Death Star, opening himself to the Force; light fills him and becomes him. Obi-Wan looks upon his adversary and once again sees an old friend.

Obi-Wan?s Masters had tried to teach him that attachments are a subtle path to the Dark Side, but the man within the Jedi remembers Anakin Skywalker as a padawan, a Jedi, and a trusted friend.

"The circle is now complete..." Darth Vader speaks roughly, his voice forced through machines until it sounds as if the words themselves are tortured, "Last time I was but the learner, now I am the Master..."

--- excerpt ---

3. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I'm Eyrezer and I'm a feedback junkie! [face_money_eyes][face_money_eyes]

I've only done two fics, both kinda related. I try and fill out the Young Jedi Knights beyond just the 5 or so main characters.

My latest fic is called Consultation. It's a viggie with Luke and Kam discussing the future of the YJK. Lots of connections with different parts of the EU.

~~+~~

A couple of times a year they tried to come together and assess the Academy students, trying to maximize the experience for them. They probably did not do it enough but Luke was always so busy and often away from the Academy.

?They are an exceptional group, this one,? was Kam?s thoughtful reply.

?Of course, with your niece and nephew, there was always going to be some very powerful Force users.? Kam continued. ?However, the rest of the class is quite exceptional too...

4. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    My name is WyoJedi and I am a feedback junkie.

I have just recently begun posting here, even though I did lurk for awhile. My current story (at least the one that has control of my mind at the moment) is called Proclivity. It is a Kotor story, so of course it is on the Before the Saga board. Here is a short exerpt from the beginning of the story. Enjoy.
    Cheers,
    Wyo

Proclivity - http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22469809&brd=10475

?Admiral, we?ve lost helm control! Port stabilizers are offline! Engines are out! Shields are down! Weapons? are gone.? All color drained from the crewman?s face as he looked at Dodonna. ?We?re dead in space, Ma?am.?

Admiral Dodonna was silent, her mind racing to find a solution to their situation. Suddenly a blast ripped through helm control sending the crewman through the air to land at Dodonna?s feet, his face frozen in horror.

From across the room, Dodonna?s XO shouted, ?Six fighters coming in dead ahead!?

As they watched helplessly, the fighters came hard and fast on a collision course.

?What now, Master Vandar??

?Now? the Republic will fall.?

The fighters impacted in a flash of white.

5. Sekotian_Jedi

Sekotian_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Hello, I'm Sekotian_Jedi and I am a feedback junkie.

I'm always hoping for feedback, good or constructive-advice, when ever I post a new section of writing.

A link to my Fanfic and its teaser is in my bio.

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Hello, my name is ophelia and I'm a feedback junkie . . . and I'm upping this to stop the lock.

So many suffering brothers and sisters out there, hopelessly addicted to feedback! So sad, so sad!! :_|

Yes, I too have had terrifying, Trainspotting-Worst-Toilet-In-Scotland-like moments in which I pecked like a laboratory pigeon at the "refresh" button, just hoping that a reply had appeared in the 0.27 seconds since the last time I hit it. I too have contemplated devising illicit firewall workarounds at my job, just because I couldn't stand to wait 8 hours to find out if someone had posted a reply to my latest epic installment.

Yes, I am weak, but when I am weak I always remember what a wise author does in her moment of desperation--she goes and stands next to somebody else just as sick in the head, so she doesn't look as bad by comparison.

This thread is to valuable to die. So go forth, thread! Go forth and do thy work of mercy!!

7. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Hello, my name is leiamoody, and I am a feedback Junkie. I'm also attitudinal, but that's not important right now.

The most important thing (to me) that I'm working on is a weird, weird, weird, story about Han in carbonite. The title: "Sleeping And Dreaming". The following is an excerpt from a possible upcoming installment:

?You?re talking about limbo.?

?That?s what Gahido was in the Ancient Days. Actually, it?s also got a lot of purgatory thrown in to make things interesting.?

?So you think being in carbonite is your form of being in a combined limbo and purgatory experience??

?What else can I call it? There?s no other way to look at it.?

The link: Here

8. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    hi, I'm kotorchick, and I too am a feedback junkie.

I recently posted my first serious work on these boards (the other was for the Dare challenge, and it wasn't my best). It means a LOT to me, as the music and the couple are both close to my heart. I've poured all I can into them, and its been worked on for over six months. Here's a link and a snippet-

They then heard it. Blaster shots, people screaming. A red bolt directing itself towards Han.

Everything seemed to move into slow motion after that. Han pushing Leia out of the line of fire before ducking himself, narrowly missing another shot. The look of the attacker- a slim young woman dressed in black with a veil over her face, her hair gleaming with the color of fire- as she fired a final shot directly toward her. The painof the bolt as it grazed her side. The vision of Han leaning over her and calling "Leia!" as she slipped into unconcious peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.