main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga The Revenge of Darth Marrow

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moon Labutto, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016
    Author: Moon Labutto
    Era: After the New Trilogy
    Genre: Action
    World: Canonish
    Characters: OCs; Marrow, Darth Brute, Darth Kretin, Master Saki Attalis, The Dark Mother
    Synopsis: Former Sith Apprentice joins with Jedi master to confront the Sith on Mustafar in Vader's old Castle
    Warnings: Fairly graphic
    Series: Possible passage from my novel, I'm deciding whether or not to include it. Don't judge my grammar to harshly, this is just a rough draft. I have a lot of polishing to do.

The Zabrak looked down upon the unconscious Darth Brute with disgust. Darth Cretin laughed manically in the back ground in Palpatinian fashion.

“You have grown strong my former apprentice. Dispatch your Jedi Friend and rejoin me in our conquest for the galaxy. The Dark Mother has foreseen it as your destiny.” But the Dathomirian warrior only grunted and his eyes burned with anger, the darkside swelling within him, forcing his horns to grow, His canine teeth lengthened past his lips, and his eyes turned from the red and yellow of a Sith to solid black. Jedi Master Attalis backed away for fear of what would happen next.

Marrow reached out with the force, moving beyond the seeable. His fine and polished touch gripped the very molecules of the air and he shook them in violent and rapid succession. He screamed as his insides felt as if they would burst with the power they held.

“Attalis! RUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!” He screamed. Attalis bound out of the room without wasting a second and he used the force to close the massive doors behind him. The Jedi pressed his back against the door, gripping his light saber hilt for fear of losing his own life. He could hear the former Sith’s screams piercing the door like a thousand knives as the shifted from powerful to sharply painful. Never had he felt such power in the force.

Inside the room Marrow continued to shake the universal fabric of the room. The room was sweltering from the vibration and Darth Cretin was terrified of the power being exhibited by his former apprentice. He lit his saber and pressed in for an attack, but it was deflected by a force shield that Marrow had put up without his knowledge.

But he could feel that the ebb of Marrow’s power was reaching its peak. But then Marrow did something unexpected. Cretin felt the former Sith perform a force crush on himself. Marrow screamed even more from the pain, but he did not let himself lose focus. The pain gave him strength and he pumped it into his attack. Darth Cretin ran for the door, but Attalis held it closed.

Suddenly the entire room savagely immolated. Darth Brute was incinerated, and Darth Cretin was thrown through the heavy wooden doors. The intense flames burst forth from the room alleviating Master Attalis of his right arm from the elbow down more efficiently than a well-placed lightsaber strike, and he was thrown to the floor unconscious.

The Sith Lord Cretin lay in a wheezing pile upon the floor, his burnt lungs gasping for air, his limbs burned away and his body writhing in pain. Marrow walked up to him, unscathed by his onslaught. His eyes burned a bright blue and his horns stood tall and proud as if a barren forest.

“If you’d only known how powerful I’ve become, and how much more powerful I will be. The Dark Mother will not survive me.” He said with white light escaping his mouth as he spoke.
    “You… you’re…” the Sith Lord choked, “It matters not.” A Smile painfully creeped onto his blackened face. “The Dark Mother will gut you like a Bantha!” The charred man breathed in a hoarse whisper.

“And you will die of your burns, your legacy burning around you, and when I die, so does all memory of you.” The walls around them were starting to burn in an unquenchable flame. Marrow stood to leave, and he picked up Master Attalis’s unconscious body. With the he left the dying Sith where he lay, vengeance was his this day.

As the ceiling and walls of the room where Cretin lay were completely engulfed, a wisp of blueish green smoke flew into the room. It hovered over the dying Sith Lord and whispered to him.

“Come Darth Cretin, your work is incomplete. I have a new worthier apprentice who awaits your teachings.” With that the keep where he lay shook violently and force magic spread through the floors of the steel castle. They lifted the Dark Lord and carried him to the depths of the castle, to a specific room.

The dark side emanated strongly from this space. Suddenly metal apparatuses flew to him from all corners of the room, painfully attaching themselves to him. He screamed and writhed in pain from the experience and he cursed the Dark Mother for forcing him to live. For hours this went on. After the evil work was done, the Dark Mother materialized before him in red robes.

“Darth Cretin, can you hear me?” A coarse machine-like breathing was suddenly heard as his survival systems came online. A terrifying draw of breath, followed by the rapid rasp of air escaping through vents. A sound all to familiar, all to removed, and all to fear inducing.

“Yes, my mother. I can hear and see you.” came the slow deep sound of an all to familiar vocabulator. He slowly stood from the table from which he lay, metal feet clattering loudly as he touched the floor, staggering to stand straight and take his first steps.

“What have you done to me?” he asked in that deep robotic roll the galaxy had not heard for nearly 80 years.

“I have made you stronger.” She said in a surreal hiss, “These appendages were worn by another Sith Lord long ago. With these relics you will crush your enemies and the galaxy will kneel in fear before you. Her voice was an otherworldly wheeze.

“You mean I now wear the cybernetics of Darth Vader?” He asked skeptically. His charred skin could not feel the cybernetic mouth piece screwed tightly into his face. He tried to touch his chin in thought but his fingers clanked against the apparatus. He paused, stunned. "I feel...nothing. No pain, no touch, no limit...nothing."

"These appendages were Lord Vader's spares, brand new, and touched only by time. They will serve you well. The nerves that conducted feeling in your flesh were burned away. I had to give you additional cybernetic enhancements just so you can move your own body." She whispered back. The cyborg looked down at his right hand only to discover his arm was still a stub, cut off just above the elbow.

"I am incomplete." He said in a scolding tone.

"Because I have a gift for you. One that I have been keeping for you since before we've met. Behold your destiny!" A light came on in the room and Cretin turned to look at it. Beneath the light was a glass canister that held a robotic arm. The metal was case hardened in appearance and had signs of being burned. Cretin stepped forward, knowing what this was, and he gingerly opened the canister with reverence flooding his every move.

"Is this truly what I think it is?" he asked attaching the arm and checking its function, "The arm of Anakin Skywalker?"

“Indeed it is.” she hissed, "It is imbued with Darth Vader's power. Use it to bend the force to the work of your hand." Cretin nodded, and with that the Dark Mother turned back into a wisp and disappeared into the night. The Sith staggered out to his ship, still trying to get used to the mechanical appendages, and he looked into the reflection of the cockpit window. The face he saw was hideous. Burned and charred skin, hairless, and split and bleeding all over. He was glad he could no longer feel.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A credible piece.

Some good descriptives.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    You might want to change the story name, because...
    Mod Edit. Link Removed. Please do not link to other stories in story threads.

Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    To clarify, the link would have alerted you to another fic already using your same title.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great segment. You have some interesting characters. I particularly liked the Dark Mother.

As Ewok Poet pointed out, this title has been used before. We certainly have had fanfics that happen to have similar titles, so changing yours isn't necessary, but you might want to consider it. However, I do recommend changing your thread title if you wish to attract more readers.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh boy, I have mixed feelings about this.

This is terrific, vivid storytelling.

Marrow is amazing, and the Dark Mother is a masterwork of creepy, shiver inducing, bone chilling, spine tingling perfection.

But the uncouth Cretin wearing Vader's armor just seems wrong.

Cretin, by the way, is an excellent name for a slimy Sith Lord.

7. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016
    ahhh crap. I copy and pasted that for the heading format and forgot to remove the title. Problem fixed. Thanks guys for pointing that out.

8. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016

Thanks for the support guys! I'm tempted to tell you who the Dark Mother really is, but I'm not going to, lol. We haven't seen the last of Darth Brute yet either, which, by the way, is a place holder until I can think of a better name for him. Toying with Darth Carrion. Marrow is the embodiment of how I feel Maul should have been portrayed in Rebels. I'm trying to decide if I want to make him of Maul's lineage. I can;t image that some one as evil as Maul didn't force himself on someone at some point to potentially produce offspring. But if you like Marrow, I think you're really going to like Lars Eviis whenever I am happy with his chapter.