main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools

MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools I Am Chiznuk star 1

Mar 1, 2019
    no it was the same person who wrote looper and johnson's other films except tlj. tlj was the first film rian wrote completely on his own. this is why disney doesn't trust him anymore.

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Again. Source?

3. MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools

MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools I Am Chiznuk star 1

Mar 1, 2019
    i said this comes from inside disney. i heard about it on 4chan. go look there i'm sure you'll find what i'm talking about.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  4. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017

You got your information... from 4-Chan?

And then made fun of someone for using WIKIPEDIA as a source.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I laughed out loud to be honest, when the person telling off someone for using Wikipedia, references 4chan as their source.
    It is a very amusing page in this thread.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    -LordSkywalker- and 2Cleva like this.
  6. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    lol 4chan

Outsourced likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    OK, we've all had our fun/facepalm-induced headaches, now let's get back on topic.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Right so... Rian Johnson trilogy. I hope we get a release date at Celebration. Or when it starts filming.

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I’m hoping we learn the time period as well, though that may be to soon.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I doubt we'll hear about this until next year, and that's pending whether the B&W films start first or not. Between Episode IX, The Clone Wars s7, Resistance s2, The Mandalorian, possibly some info on the Cassiand Andor series, and Jedi: Fallen Order, there's way too much stuff going on that's going to be hitting within the next year and change to throw in, "Oh yeah, by the way, here's some info on our next big series of films as well. Adieu!" I mean, I'd love to be wrong, I'm as curious to know more about this trilogy than anyone, but that's how it's looking to me right now.

I'm also more curious as to where this trilogy is set than when. It's what they specified in the original announcement ("a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored") and Johnson himself has stated where the trilogy falls in the timeline is the least interesting thing about it to him.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, so that's how this piece of toast got this face.

[​IMG]

12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I hope well get something at celebration but I doubt it .

13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope if this trilogy does happen, to capture and honor the essence of star wars and unite the fandom under a single banner. Not in two banners.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Looks like my dad.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You forgot the Kenobi series announcement, dude. ;)

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Looks like Snoova (looking in the mirror).
    [​IMG]

Tython Awakening and Outsourced like this.
  17. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    The flattop wookie haircut is the essential part of the costume. @Snoova_Disguise

Oh yeah, and Rian Johnson SW Trilogy spread out over six years, written and directed solely by Rian Johnson.....realistic?

Rian's trilogy may inevitably morph into something else.

18. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Why wouldn't it be?

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    He's only confirmed to write and direct the first film, and beyond that he said he doesn't know if he'll do the other two. My personal bet, other directors do those two films, and he co-writes and produces them, with the trilogy largely outline in advance, but doesn't direct. Unless, of course, the first film is wildly successful and Lucasfilm begs him to come back.

20. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    I'd love to see a poll here that shows how many hardcore SW fans -- not the GA -- want a RJ trilogy.

I'm sure LFL-Disney has some data like this, and if we could generate our own, we could have an idea of what they'll be basing their final decisions on.

This thread itself could have such a poll added to it. It seems relevant to me.

And: any arguments against a poll here beg the question of why any poll in these forums ever?

21. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    They definitely won't be basing whether the trilogy is made on whether the "hardcore" fans want it, due to the general audience being way larger. That's, of course, besides the fact that the trilogy is being made, and we all already know it's being made since it's been confirmed numerous times.

...What? Are you trying to argue that, if someone doesn't think your poll should be added, they also believe no one should ever make any poll?

22. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I'll save you the trouble...The "hardcore" SW fans will be fairly split down the middle. The GA doesn't care.

2Cleva likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I personally think it’s going to morph into the Holiday Special 2. That’s what the signs point to.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed!

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Do you want this poll added to this thread?

No.

Anyway... pretty much this:
    Except that I'm not sure whether the GA doesn't care... they don't care based purely on the director, if that's the question. If asked whether they'd like to see a SW trilogy about ______, they might care. But either way, it will only be what that much larger group is willing to pay to see that Disney and LFL will care about.

Outsourced, 2Cleva and Bor Mullet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.