main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    TLJ was finished by the time Trevorrow was canned.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    And Johnson was still going to be heavily involved on a multi-month international promotional campaign through the end of the year at minimum. Even if he was offered to do TROS, I doubt Johnson would want to jump right back in after having spent the better part of four years making a Star Wars film. It's like scaling Everest and then being asked if you want to do it again immediately and in half the time.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Rian does not need to direct any more SW. I hope he only takes small SW projects and can serve as a SW consultant. Rian should try to shield his reputation from the SW community. This notion of a Rian Johnson SW Trilogy is decisively premature....

For example, Rian could direct a Mandalorian tv episode. I hope his intentions towards SW can be dissected with a smaller project. He has become too controversial. He had a difficult chapter to direct with Episode 8.

Would Rian try to kill off Baby Yoda after killing off Luuke? "In For a Penny, In For a Pound"

Right. Scaling Everest only to scale Everest again does not make sense. Lucasfilm, knowing its choices for Episode 8 would be controversial, has taken the route of promoting RJ through rumored SW projects that are ill-timed and do not seem plausible.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This thread is just the worst. Rian deserves better. The forum deserves better. My eyes deserve better. We're locking it until further comment from LFL regarding the future of the project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.