main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Did the RJ trilogy get canceled by Disney?

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There's been nothing indicating that, no.

vong333 and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well they certainly won't be building from scratch, but I don't think they'll have the advantage of having an established story structure and characters to fit within that structure. They certainly, in my view, have alot more creative work to do than they did on GoT. That's not to say they can't do it, but I dont think they have demonstrated it in their previous work.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s where I disagree. There’s a whole heap of creative thinking necessary for adapting a story to the screen. I don’t believe it’s simply a matter of math.

5. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I don't believe I said it didnt require massive creativity - sorry if I've given that impression. But I do think that it's easier when you have the characters and basic story structure in place.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Perhaps for some. But for others, whittling down the hugely bloated story that is Martin's SOIAF books takes a special kind of creativity. That said, I get your point. Though I also imagine B&W will be bringing on great writers with a lot of screenwriting experience, so I’m not too worried. Does this mean the films will be a surefire hit? No way. But these guys know how to run a fantasy franchise that requires juggling loads of talented people, and do it successfully. So that gives me confidence.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Guys, we have a Benioff & Weiss series thread.

DarthPhilosopher and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    This thread is 70 pages of discussion about absolutely nothing. This trilogy will always be vapourware.

2Cleva likes this.
  9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It's 70 pages of discussion about the RJ trilogy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

RiddleMeThis and chrcharcor2 like this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Nobody knows anything about about it. In all likelihood there is nothing to actually know, and quite possibly there never will be. Thus 70 pages discussing nothing.

11. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Please explain how a = b.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This film series was officially announced by Lucasfilm. And there has been no retraction. Do you have information nobody else has?

13. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Does a burning hatred of Rian Johnson count?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Thank you for your opinion, but I think we'll keep this thread open for now.

15. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    That is exactly what the term vapourware means. Nobody has any info.
    Ok cool. Let me know when discussion about an actual movie begins.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  16. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    You said it would always be vapourware, meaning you think it's not getting released.

17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    This shtick gets old.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Drop it.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s a big difference between saying this trilogy is currently vaporware, and saying it will “always be vaporware” and that there will likely “never” be anything to know about it. Stop presenting your personal objections to this trilogy as an actual assessment of its likelihood of happening.

20. MaciekRS

MaciekRS Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I dont get why some ppl are against that trilogy.
    Yes, I know that some of you might not like TLJ, so what? This new trilogy will be with new characters, new part of the galaxy it wont ruin your head cannon.
    I am close to 50, there are propably 15 to 25 years ahead of me and I would like to see new SW stories. Even if one day Disney announce that they will be creating film written by Lena Dunhan I will swallow few bad words but I will see it. I might hate it but thats ok, I dont have to like everything but first I want to SEE it.
    There are over 100 books in SW universum, some are good, more are bad but its better to have more books with few really good ones then to wait for one special gem that might never come. Same is with films.

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Speaking only for myself (obviously), because these funds can be used for a trilogy by someone else. Anyone else, to be precise.
    I just think the guy is an awful screenwriter and a mediocre director. I didn't like Looper all that much, and I thought Brick was awful.

2Cleva and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I love it when people want to have a discussion about how we shouldn't be having a discussion; makes a huge amount of sense.

23. MaciekRS

MaciekRS Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA
    Best Writing
    Rian Johnson

Best Director
    Rian Johnson

I can live with that :)

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    We are all happy then, I prefer to like the movies and directors that I like.
    You can like the movies and directors that the ASFFHF, USA tells you to if you want.

25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I didn't say you shouldn't be discussing this "Trilogy" . I only said that nobody knows anything and the discussion has gone on for 70 pages. Almost a year of no actual movie info being discussed. I currently consider this "trilogy" to be vapourware. If Disneyfilm release some proper information, then I will reconsider my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.