main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends The Ridiculously Concise Luke/Mara Epic: a 10K-word journey in one amazing post -- romance/humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by furrylittlebantha, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Title: The Ridiculously Concise Romantic Luke/Mara Epic of Epic Proportions, Closely Following the General Structure of the EU but with Artistic (literally, folks, artistic) License Taken By Author In Order To Capture the Passionate and Complex Details of Their Epic Love Story Which the Profic Authors Leave Out Cause They're Guys
    author: furrylittlebantha
    Genre: humor
    Summary: A picture is worth a thousand words. :D Which fact I have chosen to interpret as a mathematical equality instead of a metaphor.

Luke thinks to himself: it?s time I got a woman.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-10.gif]

So he tries.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-1-1.gif]

Unfortunately, this doesn?t turn out so well. Luke gets angry.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-2.gif]

Angry Skywalkers are hot. Thus, a black-leather chick with really big?hair shows up. Actually, he?s neither angry or masquerading as a giant head when he meets Mara, but I liked the clip.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-3.gif]

They do the fight/foreplay thing.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-4.gif]

For ten stinkin years. Yeah, Han, we know.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-5.gif]

Which of course made VotF that much more satisfying, cause we could all imagine what was really goin? down in all those long boring political scenes during which Luke and Mara were stuck?alone?underground?together?wink?wink

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-6.gif]

Drunk on elation, we as fans kindly overlook that little travesty wherein Mara?s fluff-spouting twin marries a Luke clone with really bad hair. Seriously, Stackpole, stick with snarky x-wing pilots.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-7.gif]

Luke?s ex?s all come to the wedding. Thanks to inventiveness of our dear and beloved profic authors, they have to open up the overflow in the church.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-8.gif]

As the Jedi Code states:

Callista was a lie, there is only Mara.
    Through Mara, I gain passion.
    Through passion, I gain fun.
    Through fun, I gain children.
    Through children, my bank is broken.
    Sabaac shall free me.

And they all lived happily ever after. Until the NJO, of course, and DN, and LotF, and the Book-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named-And I Don?t-Consider-Canon-Wherein-Mara-is-Shamelessly-Killed-Off which renders the point of Luke being alive basically moot.

[image=http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/furrylittlebantha_photos/Untitled-9.gif]

The End.

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I just about died reading the full title. Then I went on to the story. Now I am laughing almost too hard to type.

Drunk on elation, we as fans kindly overlook that little travesty wherein Mara?s fluff-spouting twin marries a Luke clone with really bad hair. Seriously, Stackpole, stick with snarky x-wing pilots.

It's funny because it's true. So very, very true. :(

And the Code! [face_laugh]

You are officially made of awesome. :D

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, wow... [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|:_|=D=

Those emoticons? Me in RL, mind you. Seriously. This was... dang! Perfect! I love it! Mara, Luke... Han's right!

[face_peace]

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007

They do the fight/foreplay thing.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Oh boy, I could quote it all! This whole thing was hysterical!
    Brilliance!:D
    =D==D= =D= =D=

5. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    LOL! [face_laugh] I've never had the urge to quote 10K in a review, but now I'm tempted to! :p

This was silly and sweet, and I love all the jabs at profic :D This is extremely loveable, the perfect way to give me a little smile when I needed it :) Great story, furry!

Luke?s ex?s all come to the wedding. Thanks to inventiveness of our dear and beloved profic authors, they have to open up the overflow in the church.

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Furry, you rock to the moon!!!!!!! =D= [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Can I borrow some of that for my siggy? Thanks!!!!!!! SQUGGLES!!!!

7. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    There are not enough laughing emoticons available, furry! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Well, this made my day!

Bravo! =D=

8. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    [face_dancing] This was great, I loved the part about masquerading as a giant head. I suddenly remembered Donkey Kong for the SNES.

9. walker-of-minds

walker-of-minds Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2006
    HA HA HA too funny thanks for making me fall outa the chair :)

10. Dana-Skywalker

Dana-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    [face_laugh] x 100

*falls of chair, snorts, and rolls on floor laughing*

That was fantastically funny! The whole thing was just great. The 'Jedi Code' had me in fits of uncontrollable laughter. Well, actually the whole thing did. ;)

Wonderful job!

Dana O:)

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Furry!

[image=http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/divapilot/clip%20art/hamster_spotted.jpg]

Furryfurryfurryfurry!

Loved this to bits. Furry = awesome. (to infinity and beyond.)

12. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

* applauds wildly *

That was just sheer brilliance! I loved it!

* collapses laughing *

Brava! @};-

13. JadedSkycrawler

JadedSkycrawler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The, "Yeah, Han, we know" was priceless, and the picture was perfect!
    Very funny!

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    OMG!! That was simply the funniest thing I think I've ever read!!

I loved the "Yeah, Han, we know" bit, the "code" and the jab at Union and Stackpole...Too funny [face_laugh]

FL @};-

15. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    (Posted in wrong thread, sorry! [face_blush])

16. bkbva

bkbva Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2005
    I was scared to read this because of the title -- 10K-word epic? How am I going to have the time? Can 10K words fit in one post? [face_worried] :eek: [face_laugh]

Priceless! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Holy crap that was great!

Thanks for making my evening..

EDIT: I had to add...the pictures oh the pictures were PERFECT

18. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Ha ha ha! This certainly made MY day. =D= [face_laugh]

19. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    OH MY GOD !!! Letme pt dwn my tisue b4 i type!

There! Better.

I've been reading here since August 07 (basically since the unnamed book came out) and I always wondered at how original many of the writers can be here. Then I found this. Yes, it's funny because it's true. Not just true, but revealing what we SW fans always said...well, I was about to say we we're afraid to ask, but that is definitely not our problem here. But, this is definitely one of the most original ways to express it.

And they all lived happily ever after. Until the NJO, of course, and DN, and LotF, and the Book-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named-And I Don?t-Consider-Canon-Wherein-Mara-is-Shamelessly-Killed-Off which renders the point of Luke being alive basically moot.
    [hl=limegreen]
    AMEN!!!
    [/hl]

Take a bow furrylittlebantha !!

20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    OOOOHH MYYY GOOOSSHHHH!!!!

[face_laugh]

Goodness night, that was HYSTERICAL!!!! Ooohhh wow!!!! Furry, you are INCREDIBLE!!!!! Hang on, let me regain coherence...

Which of course made VotF that much more satisfying, cause we could all imagine what was really goin? down in all those long boring political scenes during which Luke and Mara were stuck?alone?underground?together?wink?wink

*wink wink* ;) Oohh yah baby!!!! Wow, that was soooo refreshingly sarcastically wonderful!!!!! Girl, you've made my night!! Oh heavens, each bit was so true...AMEN TO THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!

Especially the end...

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!

Wow...that was amazingly cathartic! *bows to the incredible humor!!* Thank you sooo much!!!!! [:D]

[face_good_luck] Irish

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love this. So clever and witty! Love the hall of Luke's exes.

22. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Sheer perfection. It's great to start the day with a huge smile. Thanks;)

23. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Very well done, Furry.

Have to go laugh some more now... [face_laugh]

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Hilarious!!! =D=

Angry Skywalkers are hot. Thus, a black-leather chick with really big?hair shows up. Actually, he?s neither angry or masquerading as a giant head when he meets Mara, but I liked the clip.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

25. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007

[face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

OMG! That was so funny!!!

"Genre: humor" Indeed!!!

Can't even pick my favourite!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.