main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Ridiculously Concise Luke/Mara Epic: a 10K-word journey in one amazing post -- romance/humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by furrylittlebantha, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    OMG! Absolutely frickin' hilarious!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was the best Epic ever!!! Not joking!!

The pictures were awesome and the commentary was perfect!!!!!
    Angry Skywalker's are very hot!! =P~=P~

Wonderful job!! =D=@};-=D=

2. strwbrystarshine

strwbrystarshine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    [face_love] Oh, I loved this. So terrific, so clever, so TRUE!!!!

Angry Skywalkers are hot. Thus, a black-leather chick with really big?hair shows up. Actually, he?s neither angry or masquerading as a giant head when he meets Mara, but I liked the clip.

I just about died laughing at this part. YOU ARE AWESOME. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] @};-

3. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    I laughed so hard. Wow. I love the title. Wonderful job!!!

MJR=D=

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    I think I hurt something...

Hi, furry! Nice to see you again and know that Darth College has not won (yet). I loved this story and you captured everything perfectly! That is the story of Luke and Mara! How perfect!

5. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Brilliant - Absolutely hilarious!!!! Loved the Jedi code at the end....

s_r

6. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    That was totally AWESOME!!!!! Everything is so true and the pictures made me laugh so hard. My fav was the Jedi Code

Callista was a lie, there is only Mara.
    Through Mara, I gain passion.
    Through passion, I gain fun.
    Through fun, I gain children.
    Through children, my bank is broken.
    Sabaac shall free me.

You are completely right that was the Ridiculously Concise Luke/Mara Epic

D.J

7. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Very few things make me giggle like a little kid at 2.30 am.

This was one of them [face_laugh] Freaking brilliant. Awesomely well done.

8. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Gabri_Jade: Lol! :D It might be true, but at least we can laugh, right? Wow. I can't tell you how psyched I am to be made of awesome! coolio. :cool:

RK_Striker: Sorry to bring you to tears, but I appreciate the laughter and applause! :)

dancingstar: Thanks! :D I am flattered. [face_blush]

Myriad_Daydreams: Hey, I hear ya. I've never had the urge to write 10K words in a single post. :D

Jade_eyes: [:D] Right back atcha! :D :D

Jade_Pilot: Glad to have made your day!...and that it got a laugh. :D

Jedi_Xen: LOL! No kidding. :) Glad you liked it.

walker-of-minds: :D Any time.

Dana: Holy cow, that's a lot of laughter emoticons. This is a record setting thread! Thank you, I appreciate your response! :D

diva: [face_laugh] ROTFL!!!! That is EXACTLY what I look like. How could you tell?

L_P: :D Thank you! Glad to have made you smile.

JadedSkycrawler: lol, thanks! Appreciate you taking the time to read this massive epic. :D

Flowerlady: Wow, what a compliment! So glad you enjoyed it! Good ol' Stackpole...tsk, tsk. :D

bkbva: heheh, I is sneaky, no? :D You clicked anyways! Thanks!

jade51999: You're welcome!! :)

MeredithKenobe: My purpose in life is now complete. I have made people smile, and made people's days! :) :) I can now die in peace...preferably several years in the future....lol

madman: [face_blush] I have to confess, I feel slightly guilty that it impressed you so much, since so many people put such dedication into their works and I 'wrote' this in an afternoon of boredom...but thanks!!! *bows sheepishly*

Irish: I am reduced to inarticulateness, I am afraid...don't know quite what to say to such high praise. [face_thinking] [face_blush] Thank you!

ginchy: Hey there ginchy! That was my fav pic--the only one not specifically SW, but so relevent!

Feng_Huang: No problem! Glad you got some fun out of it. :D

DaenaBenjen: Why, thank you!! :)

Jedi_Trace: Lol, thanks for reading! [face_dancing]

kataja: That, I suppose, is the best compliment at all! :D After all, what reviewer wants to quote an entire epic!? :)

mavjade: Wow, thanks!...And yes, angry Skywalkers are VERY hot...which is why we all lurve Dark Luke! :D

strwbrystarshine: Thank you! Glad you got a laugh out of it. :D

mara_jade_rox: Hey, MJR, thank you--I appreciate it! :)

SithGirl: :( Oh dear. I hope your insurance covers that. :D Darth College is always winning, but I never give in if I can help it. :D

smiley_rancor: lol, it's the Code the way it should have been! I thought the title was appropriate. :D If a little ironic...

Jedi_Nemesis: Wow. I am extremely flattered to have made you giggle. :D LOL! Thanks so much for your comments!

9. Julia-Wan

Julia-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    OMG [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

*Falls of the chair*

Angry Skywalkers are hot. :p

... I'm really dying here, 'cause: ROTFLMAO!

10. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOVE the new jedi code...

11. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Awesome!! a big 100 Awesome!! wow I'm just really blown away! :eek:

I hope you make more like this! great work!

12. AdmiralSkywalker

AdmiralSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2007
    I completely agree! God bless u! Serious, LotF is so unsatisfying, just look at how Invincible ended, after all the death and tragedy that happened, they ended up right back to square 1, no wait, actually I would say square 0. After Mara has been with us for 16 years (1991-2007), they kill her. And it really didn't make the story more dramatic, the boring parts were still boring, and the whole time my heart was bleeding. But above all, I feel that Luke and Mara deserved a lot more than what the authors gave them, with the expection of one author of course, and you know who that is, hint, TZ. Well, it's good to know that there are fans out there who feel as I do, it's us that keeps the true spirit of Star Wars alive.

13. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Wow... That's just amazing.

I've never met anyone with the guts to post something like this. Bravo =D=

14. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    [face_laugh]

This was the perfect thing to stumble upon tonight! Bravo!!

Loved jab at Union - Mara definitely wasn't quite herself in that novel... maybe she was just lovestruck? [face_thinking] :rolleyes:

=D=

15. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    OMG ! That was hilarious. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The pics that went with it were awesome . Especially Han's pic and the one with Luke's " ex-girlfriends" :p

I laughed enough to last me a week.

16. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Okay, I just found this.

*looks behind*

And I think my butt just fell off. Seriously. That's how hard I was laughing.

=D= Awesomeness.

CJM

17. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey there...I want you all to know I spent several grueling months prostrated before a tortured muse, wringing this story from the lifeblood of my pain and personal saga.

Not. :p Seriously, though, I'm so surprised that this thing touched such a funny bone with the group here. Glad you liked it--drama has its place, but what other genre has the backing of the medical community as downright healthy?? :D

Julie-Wan:

*Falls of the chair*

Hope you're okay there! :D

... I'm really dying here, 'cause: ROTFLMAO!

Why, thanks! :)

MystralGirl:

LOVE the new jedi code...

Awesome. [face_batting]

Jacensoloangirl2007:

awesome!! a big 100 Awesome!! wow I'm just really blown away!

I hope you make more like this! great work!

Thank you[face_blush] ! The next time inspiration strikes, I will definitely consider this medium again. :D

AdmiralSkywalker:

I completely agree! God bless u! Serious, LotF is so unsatisfying, just look at how Invincible ended, after all the death and tragedy that happened, they ended up right back to square 1, no wait, actually I would say square 0. After Mara has been with us for 16 years (1991-2007), they kill her. And it really didn't make the story more dramatic, the boring parts were still boring, and the whole time my heart was bleeding.

:_| We're all with you there.

But above all, I feel that Luke and Mara deserved a lot more than what the authors gave them, with the expection of one author of course, and you know who that is, hint, TZ.

:rolleyes:

Well, it's good to know that there are fans out there who feel as I do, it's us that keeps the true spirit of Star Wars alive.

Lol, you want fans that feel the way you do, check out the Mara Jade discussion thread. :D

zonzo: Wow... That's just amazing.

I've never met anyone with the guts to post something like this. Bravo

Maybe not guts...call it boredom, perhaps? :cool: But thanks!

path-seeker:

This was the perfect thing to stumble upon tonight! Bravo!!

Loved jab at Union - Mara definitely wasn't quite herself in that novel... maybe she was just lovestruck?

Lovestruck, or possibly stoned. Who knows? :) Thanks for reviewing!

jaina-Fett:

The pics that went with it were awesome . Especially Han's pic and the one with Luke's " ex-girlfriends"

Sweet. When I googled 'lots of women' and came up with that auditorium full of women, I knew it would be perfect. Glad you liked it. :)

canadianjedimama: Okay, I just found this.

*looks behind*

And I think my butt just fell off. Seriously. That's how hard I was laughing.

applause Awesomeness.

*blushes* Why, thank you. Hope you're butt's okay! [face_tougue]

18. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Congrats furry!! Its totally well-deserved!!!!!

19. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I LOVED THAT!!!!

I'm personally not sure if I want to live in a universe where there is no Mara Jade. I guess now I understand all those people who sent hate mail after Chewie was killed. I didn't feel that way about Chewie...but Mara was the reason I started ready EU, or rather, I read the first Thrawn book, out of curiosity, when I was on a boring family vacation and happened to find the book and thought it would be cool to see what happened after RotJ and it was Mara Jade that kept me coming back for more EU.

Thank you for making fun of this and reminding me where my naughty little mind had Mara and Luke doing in those tunnels while the narrative was else where during the VotP/SotF books.

*sighs*

preggers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.