main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Rise of Skywalker Discussion Thread **UNTAGGED SPOILERS WITHIN**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Dec 16, 2019.

1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I loved that thread. :p

I would like to know if Palps fathered a child when he was still the good looking Chancellor or the decrepit Emperor. I am fairly certain the Chancellor could get any woman he wanted and they would come willingly.

The Emperor could also get any woman he wanted but I don't think it would be the woman's idea to bed down with him. I think a bit of coercion might be involved even if it was just fear of retaliation. Since this is Disney I vote for the Chancellor fathering a child. Also, I don't want to think about Emperor Palps getting his groove on or visualizing what he has on under those robes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    gizkaspice and pronker like this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    So this story is third/fourth hand and from slightly unreliable sources.

Okay, I man left his wife and children for another woman. Some years later the other woman left the the adulterer for an elderly man who was wealthy and had his kid. My source is one of the children from the first marriage who shared this with my sister Raquel and a few others

pronker likes this.
  3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Even before he came Chancellor. A Senator might have attracted the interest of one of the ladies of Naboo. He was older, but he wasn't always older. Still, Rey as a great-granddaughter might have worked in the timeline a bit better.

And let's point out IVF. If they've got cloning technology, they must have all kinds of fancy conception abilities on the wealthier planets. The lady in question wouldn't necessarily need to sleep with him. Heck, she might not even need to give birth! Genetic material, an artificial womb (expensive, but an Emperor could afford that sort of thing), hey presto, he could have as many kids as he wanted.

4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Wait...so if Palpy did use IVF....what if there's actually a lot of his kids in the galaxy? Will Rey get to meet her extended Palpy family?

Is this a potential plot bunny? [face_thinking]

Kahara, Lady_Misty and pronker like this.
  5. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Canonically, probably not, since the Aftermath books were written before the 'Rey is a Palpatine' plotline, or indeed the 'Palpatine reborn' elements were put into place (because it is quite clear neither were part of the initial ST draft and were only put into place following Episode VIII and all claims to the contrary are spin), there's no reference to any children of the Emperor. As a result all children Palpatine might have had must be 'nobodies' in order to not disrupt the new canon.

Of course the idea of someone as a literal heir to the empire is strong - it's not for nothing that the most famous Star Wars novel series uses that title when referring to a metaphorical heir - and Legends played with that concept in various ways. The idea of Palpatine having many children, and the competition between those children and the nascent New Republic, would be an interesting seed for a post-ROTJ AU timeline.

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    *thinks about my fan fic where I made Obi-Wan Palpatine's son, my fan fics where I made Mara Jade Obi-Wan's daughter, the one where I combined both ideas and how I have been considering taking the fan theory that Korkie Kryze is Obi-Wan Obi-Wan's son and combine my headcanon and have a Mara Jade expy be Korkie's daughter so it would be Sheev Palpatine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Korkie Kryze and 'Mara Jade' as a family line.*

At least we have lots of fun plot bunnies from what is a horribly executed idea.

And now that I am thinking of it: the mysterious Imperial Facility on Jakku is where the Emperor's Son could have been created/kept but if that's where he was created/hidden why would the Emperor not make sure that his son, if he was potentially important to his return, wasn't accidentally killed prematurely like he could have been in 'Empire's End'? Of course destroying the entire planet could have been to make sure that the boy was killed without anyone in the Rebellion/New Republic learning about Palpatine's son.

Hm.

This whole thing is a potential headache that will quickly evolve into a migraine.

Kahara, gizkaspice and pronker like this.