main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 4, 2019.

1. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    I think it’s better to just not include the 3D clone wars show in Legends at all. The clone wars continuity from 02-05 works just fine on its own (despite some issues with the 2d show at the time)

Xammer and Pius Dea Crusader like this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah but the post ROTJ Books like Fate of the Jedi heavily deal with MORTIS

harryhenry and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And there's lots of TCW tie-in books as well, that weren't allowed into the newcanon, but to be included in Legends, require some TCW. Often quite good ones.

4. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    Darn, well that’s going to take a lot of mental gymnastics to make sense of

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "There are multiple Legends timelines, not just one" might work. One has no TCW content at all, one has a mixture of TCW content and multimedia project content, and so forth.

harryhenry and StartCenterEnd like this.
  6. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    I've been saying that a lot here :(

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah but then you have to include the Mortis stuff in Fate of the Jedi

Not to mention Mother Talzin namedrop in Plagueis

harryhenry likes this.
  8. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    I know, everyone says that, I don't really enjoy post-Invincible stuff so it's not much of a problem for me. More seriously speaking though, one could pretend that these are just references to something off-screen (i.e. pretend FOTJ and Plagueis came out first).

9. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    How did you guys reconcile this before Lucas sold Lucasfilm and the clone wars show was airing?

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

For me it was realizing canon was a silly idea and one should just enjoy the story as is

Obviously if we took canon and lore seriously everyone would hate the Thrawn Trilogy because it got the Clone Wars so very wrong

Believe me The Legends continuity is NOT and HAS never been cohesive

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2020
    StartCenterEnd likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, it did, but Pellaeon could have been at Saluecami fighting Boc's clones.

As to reconciling it all, it wasn't that terribly difficutl.

1. Adi Galia dies to Savage, not Grievous - comic deaths being the easiest to reconcile.

2. All of Anakin's Padawan adventures are shuffled into the first seven weeks of the Clone Wars; tight, but doable.

3. Obsession is set between Ventress being driven off by Savage and returning to Dathomir.

4. Quinlan Vos's spy arc has its ups and downs, but we have to assume Tholme faked his death yet again, and the engagement at Christophsis where Ventress dies pre-dates the engagement Vos heading to Saluecami, but has to post-date the Boba Fett YA novel Ventress turns up in (which post-dated Obsession anyway).

5. Evan Piell either didn't die at the Citadel (shrug), or there is another Lannik with two eyes named in his honour that takes up his role.

DarthJaceus and Wil like this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Nope, Ventress is not in that, only her signature solar sail winged blade starfighter. So you can assume someone else pilots it and be done with it. They just suspect it is her due to the ship. ;)

There will always be a Piel... that is the appeal of Piel. You cannot peel Piel of the story, he will always be there, always return!

It's called the Clone Wars after all... let some Jedi at least cheat death by cloning themselves.

If Jon Antilles can survive lava and worse multiple times, others deaths aren't fixed either!

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ventress was on the front-cover though, Cole...?

14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Yeah but.. just on the cover, not in the book, right? All we see is Anakin shooting her ship down.

whostheBossk likes this.