main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST THE RISE OF SKYWALKER... WHAT DOES THE TITLE MEAN?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Harry Millington, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry Millington

Harry Millington Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2019
    For the first time, I truly believe this is about the wrapping up of the 9 film saga. Especially once I heard that laugh. But what does the title mean?

In so many ways, I feel like it is a reference to Luke, Leia, and Anakin. How what they have done to get us here. On the other hand, I also do think it is a reference to Ben and yes... Rey. How? Well we will find out. But this does seem to be the story of the family of the galaxy, far, far, away.

2. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    dette er en troldkonto

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The rise of Skywalker means
    The Rise of Skywalker
    [​IMG]

4. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    According to the big spoilers drops of the last couple weeks, Rey picks the name Skywalker for herself at the end of the movie, because she prefers to carry on their legacy instead of the one of her grand-father Palpatine.

So that's basically what the title means. And also, because the Skywalkers (Ben, Luke and Leia) finaly gave Sidious what he deserved or something.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    It means that all the characters are going to troll Luke's Force Ghost mercilessly for two hours to try and get a rise out of him.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  6. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    My current prediction is that Rey is an incarnation of the Force the way Anakin was, both created by Palpatine via sorcery. He's the one who reveals that she's a "Skywalker". She's told her destiny is to be Palpatine's apprentice like Vader before her, but ultimately resists the temptation - maybe with the Jedi ghosts' help - and kills him for good. She then takes on the Skywalker name to honor them.

7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Luke and Anakin rise, kylo turns (rises up) but gives his life, rey discovers that palpatine and skywalker are two sides of the same coin and skywalker means he who returns from death and commands the ethereal...

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We have a title thread right HERE. Gonna lock this one up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.