main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON The Rochester - Niagara Connection (Lost, BSGalactic, Etc)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Did anyone else notice NOTHING HAPPENED IN THAT EPISODE? I mean, I liked the Sun/Jin flashbacks, but you have to combine the flashbacks with PLOT damnit! Sun losing her wedding ring for an episode IS NOT PLOT.

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Well some things happened
    They watched the Dog poop.
    They got lost.
    Echo went one way and Jin went the other.
    We see a Teddy Bear on an island and wonder why.
    Everyone all happy at the end except for Sun who thinks everyone is dead.

3. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    I dunno, gang... I thought it was a pretty good episode. Though Michael running through the jungle screaming "WALT!", and NOT getting found by "the Others" was a little implausible, no matter what Echo's reasoning.

As for them dang "Others", I know Wingnut noticed the teddy bear. Anyone notice how the last person in the formation, who seemed smaller that the rest, was carrying it? Someone who, if I had to guess, was in their teens... say sixteen? (read: Rousseau's son?)

Not enough answers in the Tail-Enders bunker. No explantion to the thinning of their ranks? Hmmmm. For that matter, we didn't even visit the Hatch Bunker this episode; that was disappointing.

As has been the case, I've been able to see one big reveal coming each episode, and this week, I knew that Sun had lost her ring burying the bottle at the end of last weeks show, and I knew when she dug it back up with Kate, that Kate would see it and say "Sun...". Again, ask milady. She'll tell ya I said it in the very beginning of the episode, when she realized she lost the ring, "check where you buried the bottle!". Called it.

I guess I mainly liked this episode though for the new questions it raised, and for the air of suspense prevalent throughout the eppie. Looking forward to the next new episode, though it looks like we have to wait a couple of weeks? Did I hear that right? Repeats already? Damn.

EDIT: Yup. Just checked the DVD record from last night. Three weeks 'til the next new episode. Double damn. Or is that triple?

4. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    It really was utterly impossible to miss the teddy bear. They practically jammed it down our throats. I think a little bit more subtilty there would have been nice.

I don't know that the last person was necessarily smaller. I had pretty big feet at 16 ;p But yeah, I also figured it's Rousseau's kid. You said "son" but isn't Alex a girl? I'm not sure why I have it in my head that she had a daughter, but it's a crazy thing to make up (what with the name being Alex).

This whole episode was disappointing. Except the Sun/Jin flashbacks, but while interesting I'm not sure they really offered much in the way of character development. Except I felt horrible for poor Sun :( And I guess we saw Jin's not a total turd, or at least not always was? But then, I thought we saw that when we found out he was trying to run away with Sun to escape her father.

there's 2 weeks of reruns? :( I heard only one. poop. Prison break just did the same thing. At least there won't be 2 more weeks of thin to no plot.

I'm surprised it's 2 weeks of re-runs though, what with November Sweeps coming up. I could see 1 week for that exact reason, but 2? Maybe they're trying to build up suspense so that a lot of people will tune in in 3 weeks?

5. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Two Words: World Series
    They had planned for the Yankees/Red Sox to be in the WS and those teams always draw heavy ratings. Once both of them got knocked out, they were stuck with the planning..

On a Lost Note..
    We do have some idea what happened to the Tail-Enders. They did find the body..

6. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Oh yeah, I was going to mention that but I forgot.

Does anyone else find Echo creepy? I guess he's like the tail ender's version of Locke.

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Well they've been on their own in a much worse way for months...basically striving to find food, fresh water, and safety...I'd be a lil out there too.

8. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Poor Sayhid. Poor Shannon.

The flashbacks made you really feel for shannon for once, and start to understand why she did the things she did, and then they killed her.

I still hate anna lucia and I really hope when they all unite with the other survivors that she becomes a nothing character at the kid's table. She never should have been given the gun. With all her talk about the others being so smart she still somehow thought she would be able to shoot them. She's an idiot. A murdering idiot.

What will Michael do when Sayhid tells him he saw Walt?

What will the other survivors do when they find out that the tail enders shot Shannon?

The bit about the other kids was interesting.

EDIT: I cheated and read some spoilers because this show is starting to get to me, and I found this picture of girls that hurley passed on his way to catch the plane: http://lost.liquidseats.us/images/numbers800.jpg

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Appparently next week is the story of the Tail survivors.
    In two weeks, the show is called Collision. Its supposed to be when the front end meets the tail end...and violence ensues!

10. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    The best part of this episode is the fact that the romance story turned out badly. Hooray!

Someone has a theory that the woman who looked at Sawyer's wound what's her name is a plant from the Others, not a plane survivor, like Ethan. Since she is a clinical psychologist she may be part of the Dharma Initiative and she was the last person to see the lady who went missing. Also, apparantly when they climbed the hill there was a shot of a cave with a shadowy person hiding in it? I did not tape it so I don't know...

11. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Finally saw this week's episode last night. I thought it was pretty weak.

It did a GREAT job of building suspense for next week though. I can't believe they tie up sayhid. I HATE ANA LUCIA. They managed to make me like shannon, I don't think it's possible to do for ana. She's just so effing selfish. And a dangerous kind of selfish.

I guess part of the reason I didn't like the episode was because the tail enders were such big sucks that I thought something really awful must have happened to them. But ultimately, what happened? Nothing worse than what happened to the main characters.

12. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Warning: don't read this unless you saw last night's Lost:

-ah ha, I so called it, I knew Ana Lucia had to have been a cop; why else would she have gotten control of a group unless she was able to order and threaten people? She seemed very not like that in the bar. I also knew she had to get the knowledge of guns and how to get info out of people from cop training

-ok, is it just me, or did something happen with Jack and Ana Lucia before the plane crashed after they met in the bar? He seeemed to care about her being the shooter and recognize the name a little more than someone he's only talked to to 2 min before the flight? I smell a trip to the "Mile High Club!"

-Last flashback: whoa!! So, did she let the guy go cause she wanted to kill him and didn't want to just see him in prison? And did anyone but her know she was pregnant? She couldn't have been too far along to still be able to go out on patrol

13. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    That was the best lost ending yet. Super touching. The only way it would have been better is if jack threw a rock at ana lucia.

I still hate her, and likely always will. Just because you get shot and lose your baby doesn't make you god over everyone, allowed to shoot first and ask questions later. She IS a bad judge of character, and she also has bad character. Definitely not leadership material.

However, I think this finally explains the tail-ender's paranoia. Ana Lucia fueled there fear. Whereas jack kept his cool and told everyone to stay calm, she went crazy and started threatening to cut off people's fingers. Paranoia is a part of her, and she rubbed off on everyone else.

Next week... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh. I just found out you americans got a boring preview of next week's episode. Thus, for your understanding and viewing pleasure... I have provided this link ;)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/voodoo_in_tx/350449.html

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    The timer hit 0....and nothing happened.

15. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    he pressed the button on time, man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.