main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gonna Fly Now: Rocky / Creed / Drago

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediVision, Jul 11, 2018.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    sergey is that you?

blink and post 30 extremely hi-resolution photographs of leningrad sidewalks if so.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    June 13, 1982 - Rocky III with Squi, PJ and Dee.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "He broke things in me that never been fixed"

:_|

DRAGOOOOO!!!!

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Okay so if Rocky IV was a small heavyweight in Balboa vs large heavyweight especially for that time frame (Tyson was champ then around 218 pounds) in Ivan then what it is Creed 2? A smaller light heavyweight in Donnie vs a pretty big heavyweight in Vitkor?? The size advantage for this is just insane!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If Donnie doesn't holler "Dragggooo!!" I will be somewhat irked.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If Donnie doesn't holler "Dragggooo!!" I will be somewhat irked.

Luke02 likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I do wonder if this film will have an incredibly dark ending. Creed mistakenly kills lil' Drago (idk what he's called) in the ring or something.

Luke02 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wasn't really thrilled about Creed II without Ryan Coogler as the director, but this trailer certainly changed my tune. I felt every ounce of tension and drama from that trailer, and so what to see "Baby Creed" get back into the ring.

I just hope there's more than this fight with "Baby Drago." I would like to see, at the very least, a montage of Adonis subsequent fights after the first film. It might be boring if most of the film is building up to the ultimate fight with "Baby Drago" and there was no other action going on. That's being said, I do expect to see "Baby Drago" in a fight or two leading up to his match with Adonis.

BTW, I was digging the soundtrack that accompanied the trailer.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    On 2nd watch the shot of Rocky and Ivan staring down in the ring is genius. I hope they get to interact more than that. But even if it's JUST that, it would be amazing. But I'm sure Stallone would have wanted a Rocky and Ivan scene, even if they don't throw any punches.

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime

He and Crooger are good friends so I am sure Ryan gave a lot of audience plus Sly is there every step of the way. He will do great I think.

If they follow "Rocky Ultimate Guide, Ivan wound up resuming his boxing career after the cold war ended and wound up going 31-0 as a pro but never wound up unifed the belt and never fought the top contenders due to promotional politics. I think they might keep part of that but I see some canon revision and perhaps Ivan was allowed to fight professionally after the soviet union collapsed but because of killing Apollo was never allowed to fight for big fights and belts. Therefore he is bitter and angry. Really bitter. And really really angry.

And definitely going to be a montage of Donnie fights since

1. Comes out with a couple belts during his ring entrance.
    2. Has multiple trunks on during the trailer. Both the Stars & Stripes one along with a dark black/light black one as well.

@BigAl6ft6

I agree. But why on earth is Rocky wearing his hat to ringside??

[​IMG]

Okay the old man sweater I get especially since that harkens back to the 1930's when boxing corners wore the same thing like in Cinderella Man but the hat? No way makes no sense even for a Rocky/Creed movie LOL!

Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty sure Mickey wore his hat ringside when he was in Rocky's corner, didn't he?

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So will Uncle Paulie's robot maid make an appearance too? Or is she buried with him?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Paulie's robot has taken on a fandom of it's own, I'm almost expecting to see it's head poking out of the back of a garage somewhere.

14. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

So far So good....Trailer looked fantastic....and looks like they are doing all the right things but

Trying not to get too excited because of what a sneakily hard task it will be to bring the Dragos back into the fold after the silliness of Rocky IVs ending with Rocky's cold war ending speech.....Because despite the speech and sly for some reason disregarding the rules of boxing by letting knockdowns not count and body throws being legal....Rocky IV still is my favorite.....but Creed worked so hard to stay serious and nailed it....they have to take care in the blending of the two.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @The2ndQuest

Yeah you are right Mickey did, but it was a black ski hat that fit into more what you seen a boxing trainer where. Rocky's hat? Not so much though I guess it's his good luck charm...even though he hasn't had much luck since he put it back on in Rocky V after not wearing it from Rocky II-IV.

@obi_kenobi_24

Despite the fall of the Soviet Union that speech hasn't really aged well has it especially considering the events over the past decade or so??

And the robot better be in it, still bringing Paulie beers even though he has passed away!

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I wish they hadn't killed off Adrian after V. Talia Shire is a great actress and her legacy with the early Rocky movies is hard to ignore.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Yea It looks awesome doesn't it! I was worried when they switched Directors But this Trailer makes the film look great may be better then the first Creed or a good continuation of the story!

heels1785 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Stallone said it was for the story of Rocky Balboa, and he's right and it works there. He didn't know Creed would be a thing. Without Adrian in the Creed movies, Rocky does seem a bit lonelier, though. But it does work in Creed where he doesn't want to do cancer treatment without her being there.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah Sly said the only way that Balboa works is if Adrian is dead. The anger towards her death is what made him get back in the ring. He perfectly describe it in this scene which I love:

If Adrian didn't die, he would been more at peace with everything that happened and therefore would not needed to fight. Plus too there is no way she would ever allowed him to fight again even if he got clear by a medical board.

And you are right about him being loneilier in Creed which I also think is another reason why Adrian had to die regrettably too. Because not only is he lonely due to her death but he is almost astrained from his son since Adrian was the one who IMHO help explain him to Rocky. Because Rocky loves his son more then life himself, he has a tough time understanding him since he is like Adrian, not him. And on the same token Adrian help explained Rocky to her son since again while I think he loves his father very much, he really doesn't understand him much.

Creed II btw is playing out to be a total father-son movie especially since again it seems Vito is going to be this one again as Robert which I think he has to especially now if with Drago back. Because the father that Robert knew getting in that limo going to Moscow IV was not the same one that came back to him in Rocky V. "He brought stuff in me that never been fixed". I think Robert has always struggle that part of his father was destroyed in Moscow and never got to truly spend time with it. Heartbreaking.

20. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Robert could just be showing up for Rocky's funeral. I hope not.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I had a horrible thought that Rocky was a ghost in the ring with Donnie and Ivan was simply staring at someone else.....oh dear!

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Would certainly explain the hat in the ring.

Luke02 likes this.
  23. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Here's a theory. We know Adonis gets knocked out so badly at one point that he winds up in the hospital. What if the first fight is an exhibition (would explain the weight class difference)? That way Adonis can lose and keep his title. Then Adonis bulks up for the rematch, which is for the title.

Luke02 likes this.
  24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @vypernight

That make sense except it looks like someone else lays him out in the trailer. I could be wrong though.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just got to watching the new trailer to Creed 2 last night. I think the biggest thing I took from it was Rocky meeting with Ivan Drago after all these years. Do either of them still hold a grudge with the other? From what I remember Drago came to a sort of understanding with Rocky towards the end of their fight in IV. "To the end". Obviously that didn't go for the Creed family.

BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.