main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Rogue Squadron The Rogue Squadron Box Office Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Lee_, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Lee_

Lee_ Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I'll have to catch those two Godzillas; I actually think I might have them on one of my external HD's.

Skull island I saw, which was cool. Kong I have seen the movies all the way back, not so much with Godzilla.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    I think the Godzilla movies are pretty good-especially King of the Monsters. It really brings back that "big monster movie" feel IMO. Not perfect, but hits a lot of the right notes.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Screaming Service / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    That is because you are wise and insightful and possessed of discerning taste.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Socially And Emotionally Distant Mod Of New Films star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    How much do I love that movie?

This much.
    [​IMG]

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Rogue Squadron better feature eight X-Wings taking on the Zillo Beast.

Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Socially And Emotionally Distant Mod Of New Films star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a movie where the Zillo Beast climbs the Death Star, and does battle with a fleet of Star Destroyers.

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I can actually visualise this. Escaping out of a landing bay and stomping around the outside surface of the Death Star. Climbing up a Turbo Laser tower, and swatting at TIEs zipping by.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    After all, SW films always did include some sort of brief monster sequence (with the exception of one or two). Fits perfectly!

GregMcP likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett PT Interview Host/Teh Mole Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    I have been thinking about this. I change my prediction to around 1 billion world wide

Lee_ likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m very pro-monster.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. Lee_

Lee_ Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Good change.

The recovery is continuing for the box office even as vast swaths of theaters are still closed (or at lower capacity), and many people are still hesitant to go to movies. There is little doubt that it will be booming again by mid-2023 provided there are no catastrophic turns for the worse in the pandemic situation.

Early Weekend Estimates: Mortal Kombat & Demon Slayer Pacing for Combined $35M+, Setting Pandemic Records for 'R' Movies - Boxoffice (boxofficepro.com)

‘Mortal Kombat’ Set to Give Warner Bros. Another Box-Office Win - Bloomberg
    “I think the worst is over,” Mooky Greidinger, chief executive officer of No. 2 global theater chain Cineworld Group Plc, said in an interview. “The question that we have now is how everything will fall into place and be adjusted for the new era following Covid.”

Greidinger doesn’t expect theater revenue to return to pre-Covid levels until at least later in 2021 or 2022, but he said strong interest in the few new movies that have come out suggests there could be a boom in moviegoing as the worst of the pandemic passes.