main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Role of the Player (Entry Level Tutorial Game for New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    The Role of the Player

[​IMG]

Welcome to the RPF aka the Role Playing Forum!

Here anything is possible. Here you can take part in any kind of story imaginable. You want to be a Jedi? Grab your lightsaber and bathe in the Force! You want to be a Sith? Close your eyes and allow the Dark Side in. You want to be a pilot? Grab your helmet and hop into that cockpit!

Perhaps however, you wish to be Superman? Well find yourself a phone booth and discover the 'S' under those clothes! Maybe Thanos? Take the Infinity Gauntlet, clench that fist and snap those fingers. Ultimate power!

A politician, an orphan, a warrior, a cyborg, a lover, a fighter. Old, young, charming, or conniving. Supremely intelligent or astoundingly powerful. The power of the imagination knows no limits nor should we impose any upon them.

Which is why, here, I will allow you to unleash it instead.

[​IMG]

While you can take part in all of these grand stories or RPGs (Role Playing Games) around, and please feel free to do so, it is always a good idea to get yourself familiarized with how things work in a new area. There are certain ways, traditions even, that things are done here. Knowledge of these will help integrate you faster and ease your way into ever greater heights of writing and fulfillment.

So, come on in and let me know you’re interested in the ways of RPing (Role Playing) and I will begin to show you the ropes. Barring that, you can state another person to instruct you if you have knowledge of another RPer (Role Player) around here already that has given permission, and you can two can have this space to practice in while I and the Mods of the RPF watch on with pride.

~If you’re an old returnee who feels like they need to get some rust off as well, feel free to use this thread too!~

Here’s how this works:

1) State your interest in RPing in this thread.

2) I will PM (Private Message) you to discuss what kind of scene/story you wish to take part in.

3) I will post a formal Character Sheet (often abbreviated as a CS) that suits what you told me in the thread, breaking down and analyzing anything I feel that requires it so it is easy to understand.

4) Fill out the Character Sheet and post it.

5) Wait for me to begin the scene/story that was discussed.

6) Begin to have fun! ;)

When it concludes, we will go onto another one if you do not feel you are confident enough in your RPing skills yet, though I suspect you will do just fine! Otherwise, when you are ready, we will finish the scene/story and we'll announce you ready to tackle anything the RPF can throw at you!

With some recommendations on games based upon your interests at the end. :D

This Entry Level Game has been approved by both of the RPF and RPR (Role Playing Resource forum) mods: @Sinrebirth and @Corellian_Outrider!

The Rules

1) Read the above bolded section for the general step-by-step!
    2) If you have any questions or ideas, please PM me! I will gladly hear you out. :)
    3) Obey the TOS (Terms of Service) Guidelines. Always.
    4) Enjoy yourself! ;)

Without further ado, I await your arrival.

[​IMG]