main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. BenToRen

BenToRen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2016
    Haha! Yes!

GentleBant and QueenSabe7 like this.
  2. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    Hello! (echoes heard through the empty chamber...)

I’m kinda surprised that I could still login.
    Wow, my username’s all messed up now.

Dorme and QueenSabe7 like this.
  3. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Dorme likes this.
  4. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Hi friends~ Lady_Eirtae, GentleBant, QueenSabe7, SacheOfNaboo, YaneOfNaboo!! And welcome BenToRen!! [face_party]

I got the chance to read the upcoming YA book Queen's Shadow :amidala: and wrote a spoiler free review of it at HandmaidensOfNaboo.tumblr.com if you're interested. Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on it after it comes out, and can't wait to talk spoilers...!! Hope you are all doing well!@};-[face_coffee]

Is anyone going to Celebration Chicago by the way?? :-B:bluesaber:

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    As someone who has lurked the RHS for nearly 20 years, I was reminded (i.e. yelled at XD) that I don’t think I ever actually signed up. However, as we are having an amazing Padmé and Sabé and all the Handmaidens renaissance right now, it’s never too late, I suppose. ;)

I, Miana Kenobi, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

Dorme likes this.
  6. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Fellow longtime lurker was also told on the Twitters to finally get on this. [face_laugh]

I, Commander-DWH, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    *delurks dramatically*

How do we get our lady and savior EK Johnston to write a Queen's Shadow sequel, featuring handmaidens working for the Rebellion?

8. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Wow, my account is still active and I remembered my password.

Howdy everybody!

9. reyoid

reyoid Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2019
    I, reyoid, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

I've been a huge fan of the Handmaidens since TPM but was never involved in any community. It got kinda lonely and difficult finding other Handmaiden fans so I'm glad I found you all!

10. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    *Comes back, from outer space.*

When I checked into the community forum tonight on a whim for the first time in probably over several years, I did not expect to see this thread on the first page. But here it is. As for the pledge, I believe (though I'm not going to go dig back for the actual post) I signed that circa 2006, and I would suppose it still holds.

As for Queen's Shadow: if this book had been published back in that 2006ish era, I think I would been interested in it. I would have had *some emotional reaction* when I read, as I did at some point last year, that the handmaidens were going to be actual characters in it. But I have been turned right off most of Star Wars more and more since the Disney takeover--and now the truth is, I literally could not care less about this book, and I have absolutely no interest in EK Johnston's Disney-certified take on anything in it. I know I won't ever read it.

Yes, I realize I sound old and bitter--and I freely admit that I'm middle-aged, and as salty as an entire salt shaker.

But hey--I still have a copy of that one handmaiden vid (the one HandmaidenAnde made, arranged to music from Empire of the Sun) saved to a flashdrive. Does anyone remember that?

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Is it possible that some of the handmaidens became the red-armored guards who surround Palpatine in AOTC, ROTS, and ROTJ?

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  12. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Red Guards are only men. It can be seen that these are men.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering the combo of armour and robes, it's impossible to tell what gender Red Guard are.

In the newcanon, Lando claimed to have known a female Red Guard:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Unidentified_female_Royal_Guard

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    darklordoftech likes this.
  14. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Just found this thread and I'm glad I did. The handmaidens need more love. I'm so glad we're seeing...Motee in the new Vader series?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Okay so we saw the Handmaidens in the 1st arc of the new Vader series.....who wouldn't love to see them in more media?

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you haven't read Queen's Shadow and Queen's Peril (YA novels) you should. Both are pretty good and do show the handmaidens.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  17. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I read Queen's Shadow last year and have Queen's Peril unread on my Kindle. I really liked the former.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I liked both but all the talk about fashion and dresses bored me a bit as that's not my thing. Story lines were good though.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still haven’t read either I do plan on it though

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Still on my to-read list, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming Clone Wars era one. Queen's Shadow was enjoyable. It is true through that EK Johnston writes a bit 'plotless' books, but I can also see the appeal of it. I'd like something with higher stakes through, and hopefully that's something that can come out of a Clone Wars setting.

Well, Palpy is from Naboo originally... I doubt this is the same, but I adore this idea as a headcanon.

Jedi Knight Fett and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Have you guys read the new Vader comics?

22. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I have. Sabe & much of the members of Queen's Shadow are in the 1st arc.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep including my main man Ric Ollie I probably spelt his name wrong

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I stumbled across this thread again while looking for another one. Spoilers for the book of boba Fett

with all the cameos in that show I would love to see one of the handmaidens again

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Agreed.
    Not spoiler, just speculation, but just in case:
    Ahsoka would probably be the place to bring in Prequel material and revisit Naboo. I see them going for it, espcially after how well the N1 starfighter was received.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.