main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The RPF Celebrate Contributors Program

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by The Jedi in the Pumas, Jul 9, 2020.

1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Welcome to...
    [​IMG]
    The RPF's Celebrate Contributors Program

Hey you...
    Yea you.
    Working on post #4 for the week.
    After working an 8 hour shift
    or
    Being in class all day
    or
    Picking up the kids from school and preparing dinner
    or
    A combination of all of the above and then some!

Yet, you come here, to a place you don't have to be, but want to be. To participate in, create, discuss our games and be apart of our family.
    We wanted to say:

We SEE You and We Appreciate you.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the Celebrate Contributors Program: A celebration of the hard working Game Managers, Players, and contributors in between who make the RPF fun to be a part of. The objective of this program is celebrating our peers and sharing their work with the community. I, personally, witness phenomenal works and the thought that goes into the posts in the games that I am a part of. Unfortunately, like most of you, I am not able to join every game, read every post, and follow every well crafted story line. I wish I could, but not everyone is omnipresent or possesses the ability to manipulate the very fabric of time like @Sinrebirth :p.

[​IMG]

But Blu!
    Yes, random audience member in my head?
    How will it work?
    I'm glad you asked, my imaginary friend!

Each month there will be a specific Contributor focus; sometimes it will be GMs, players, individual posts/replies, or even games themselves. After the announcement of the Contributor focus of the month in the first week, there will be a two week-long recognition/nomination period, where we, with the permission of each highlighted individual, repost a short breakdown of their selected work. During the breakdown, the nominator can explain why they selected the individual or game and what stands out to them about their work. Most importantly, we as a community can be given a chance to thank the contributor and acknowledge their part in making our community so important to all of us.

Lastly, as a small token of our appreciation, there will be a specific reward for the final week of the month depending on the type of Contributor focus:
    • If it is a game, the game will be presented at the top of the flashing banner of the RPF as a welcoming mat to all visitors of the forum.
    • If it is an individual, either Player or GM, they will be honored with VIPship and colors to boot.
    • If it is an individual post, I will do a deep dive, with the player's permission, into the storyline and characters, the post will be added to the thread with a special short commentary through the post with the author.
    Note: After some discussion and deep thought, I reasoned that because this isn't an awards or contest thread, that the most prudent way would be to select the recipient of VIPship is through random selection. The reason I chose this method (at least for the inaugural month)is that this is a celebration and recognition program of every single member of our community. Not something to pit one user against others, but to reward, ideally, every member of our community and give us a select snapshot to share with those that may not be following their work here in the RPF.

Our Method of Operation is simple. For organizational purposes and having a clean, easy to navigate thread, the following sheet will be sent to me and, once we have permission from the nominee, I will post their selection in the thread.

Name of Roleplayer, Game Manager, or Game:
    Type of Contribution: (Dependent on the month)
    Short description of why the work stands out to you, what it means for you, and why you enjoy interacting with the user or participating in the game:
    Contribution itself: (Specifically when the Contributor focus is a role player or a specific post that you enjoy from the creator)

As I'm sure there are still details to be hammered out and questions to be asked, I will now open the floor for you guys to join me in thoughts, considerations, and what you would like to see from the program! I feel that the layout is pretty simple and the only real rule I have is that there will be no back to back winners, even if they are randomly chosen twice. This is so we can get an opportunity to honor everyone's work!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Ihsan997, Mitth_Fisto, Ktala and 6 others like this.
  2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So, also I might be abusing the celebratory character of these forums, but I wanted to celebrate the one player around here we might all have in our minds nowadays. Sith-I-5 who tragically has passed away was with me in Lawbreaker‘s in all my dreams i DROWN. I used to say he brought a unique voice to it, but usually I meant his posts were a bit too goofy and distracted for my taste. That was until I actually began missing them when he did not post and I realized for the entirety of the game his two lady cops were as important as our brooding dark heroes. There are players who make you cry. There are players who make you scream. Sith-I-5 always made me smirk and smile.

See below, a scene totally not forwarding the plot of helping us in any way to solve the case, but by the Gods, who writes a post about the advantages of smart hotel booking? Sith-I-5 did. This is not his funniest scene, it was a typical one for him.

From in all my dreams i DROWN

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The tripadvisor link is so him.

chuckles

4. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Totally him. Nice scene you picked. By far not his best (those was everything in the Doom Cafe), but a very typical one.

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  5. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    So... a few weeks ago I was reading through Marvel heroes. Catching up and whatnot. And I started going down the rabbit hole of reading all of Sithy’s posts. They felt ... so well placed and realistic in the world. He was gracious enough to break down his thought process behind one of them and... basically, though I didn’t get the chance to tell him this, gave me the idea to start this thread.

I felt like someone like that, to be working a job, dealing with RL, to take the time out of his day to research flight details for his characters and for us to read needed to be recognized. Had earned it. Life can be short and he inspired me to want to give people their flowers while they are here. Tell people that you appreciate their work when you can.

I cannot think of anyone more deserving of being celebrated here than Sithy. For without him, and @Ktala , this thread wouldn’t even exist. Much love and I appreciate all of you guys! Feel free to post any and all of Sithy’s posts you remember. It’s a Sithy Celebration!

6. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Actually never had the honor to play with the guy, but that post above @SirakRomar does exactly what you say. It makes you smirk. If nothing helps the TripAdvisor link gets you to smile. Just no way around it. Thanks for sharing.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    The Ride to UCLA trilogy by Sith-I-5.

Every player would have just posted how his character arrives at the next scene. Not Sith-I-5. He made a long three part post full of funny moments just to get his character over to the scene. Those were the scenes I loved from him.

Also from in all my dreams i DROWN

REST IN PEACE SITHY

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Our community is small and he had a big impact. @};-

9. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hey everyone!

August is going to be our first month of the Celebrate Contributor's Program as I want the rest of the month to be available for any and everyone to celebrate Sithy's time here.

The Contributor Focus for August with be on individual posts that made you take a step back and admire the thought that went into it. It can be a GM post, an OP, or, more than likely, a post by a player that you want to share with the community. Can't wait to see what you all bring to the table and hopefully the contributors will be open to talk about their creative process a bit!

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
  11. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    This post approved by @The Jedi in the Pumas

So, I know August is supposed to be about individual posts, but I wanted to make a very special mention for a fellow RPG player - and Pumas has agreed with me.

This person has remained unsung in the recent Awards because the Awards are all about the MOST or the BEST and that tends towards the more bombastic among us. This person does not try to hog the attention, she is always very calm and kind and works so beautifully with other players and GMs. I admire her steadfast serenity. She brings a team together and provides contrast and balance, and in my opinion enriches every single game in which she is involved. I also always really like her characters.

I am of course speaking of @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and I would like to give my own heartfelt applause for everything she does... =D=

I wish I was more like you, Ny! [face_love]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Kurisan [:D] !!!!!!!! [face_blush]

Thank you and to all the other GMs who have crafted such riveting and fascinating RPs which help me to come up with superb characters and also to be SW canon characters ;) Helps keep my SW love alive. [face_dancing] [face_party]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

This..........

14. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I will not go into a long diatribe about why this post is amazing. It's @Ktala and we know what she's capable of... for better or for worse:p:p.

Please if you can, take the time to read this post: Borek Tek, a part time bounty hunter has been searching for another bounty hunter, one that he has a romance with. He finds out that she has been taken by the most violent criminal organization in the galaxy and when he has narrowed down her possible location to a ship, he arrives to discover the massive ship torn in half and it being scrapped for parts by scavengers.

For me...it's the last sentence:

"And if she no longer lived, neither would they."

This is haunting. It's serious. The **** feels like it's straight out of a book or the Taken movies. It is rare in the RPF where you read something and you're legit impressed. Kat comes with these moments more often than normal players do. We appreciate your posts here, Kat and I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to 10 ABY.^:)^^:)^

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wanted to pick out these four, as the combo was the confluence of our events to date.

Resurrection flowed from an AU game, creating in-universe representations of their AU OCs. Very fun, and letting them get to a point where they all met and knew each other is good fun.

16. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Okay so I know technically it is no longer august but man I have to say this was just too awesome not to put in here. @greyjedi125 this was truly mind blowing. you took a prompt and brought it to an 11. The effort you put into this shows. For context people can go look at The Saga of the Ryujin. But essentially Grey's character is undergoing intense....mind torture. Amazing, just amazing.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Wait....I'm still fixing my typos!!!! Nooooooo!!!!!! ugh! LOL!!

@Shadowsun

I'm glad you enjoyed that, because I took it and ran with it like Forrest Gump! LOL! I really had fun with it, except for the typos, LOL!

Loving the game!!!!^:)^

18. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Typos shmypos...lol. I got chills reading it.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Typos aren’t important! It’s about how it makes you feel!

20. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    ”ITS PROVOCATIVE!!! IT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING!!!”

21. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    However, upon seeing everyone else's post in Ryujin part of me wants to put them all in here....[face_laugh]

Kurisan and darthbernael like this.
  22. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *cough*

This is the Celebrate Contributor's Program.

*cough*

I wouldn't have a problem with it. But SOMEONE better be ready to give ole Blu a breakdown! We've had some amazing posts and I would love to work through it with one of the creatives, time permitting.:D:D

I'M LOOKING AT YOU @Mitth_Fisto

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Wait. . .what? What happened? What did I do? I have to break someone down? But I like Blu and most people!

24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Well I’d like to do a deep dive into your post, Mitthy. I’d like to show you my office.

(Pssstttt: it’s in the PMs!)

darthbernael likes this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh, break myself down you say? *Shrugs*. I do that all time! Be right there ;)