main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD The RPF FAQ - Updated Sept 2023

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Lady_Belligerent , Aug 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    The RPF FAQ
    Last Updated: June 2023​

Welcome to the all-new comprehensive Role Playing FAQ!

Whether Star Wars or Non Star Wars, the Role Playing Forums are a place for everyone to play games, be creative, write stories, and most importantly have fun together. Before you start, please take the time to read through this FAQ and the items under the "Rules of the JC" tab, located at the top of the forum.

We hope you have a great time!

1.)How to I contact the mods?

The RPF moderators are @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, and @Lady_Belligerent. To contact them, send a private message and they will reply asap.

2.) I’m an experienced roleplayer on another board/game/system. Can't I just create my own game?

It’s best if you join an existing game first to familiarize yourself with the community. Joining a new game is a time commitment, so participate first to show you’ll be active.

3.) How do I find a game to join?

Any game that doesn’t say “closed” is typically accepting players. Read or review the rules of the RPF.

Read the opening post (OP) of any game , and PM the GM to ask questions, or to express interest in joining.

4) Can I make a game?

First browse the existing games and be sure your idea is original and hasn’t been done. Next familiarize yourself with what subject matter and words are allowed on the JCF. After that, if you still have questions, PM the RPF moderators.

5) What is Metagaming?

describes a player's use of real-life knowledge concerning the state of the game to determine their character's actions, when said character has no relevant knowledge or awareness under the circumstances.

6) What is Godmodding?

Godmodding is taking control of another player's character during roleplay. It's frowned upon and with good reason: you only control your character and no one else's.

7) What is Powerplaying?

When a player manipulates their character's abilities, powers, or skills so that their character always has an advantage in the situation. This could be as simple as always knowing the best spell or having a black belt in every type of martial art known to man.

8) What is Powergaming?

A player who unilaterally describes his character as doing something with (or to) another character that would usually require the other to play along. Such as having a fight or a sexual encounter — is considered to be powergaming.

9) What if I cannot continue a game I started?

You should PM a moderator, if you have a regular cast of characters the mods may try and continue the game to give closure for the players. If you are quitting an active game, it is up to the moderation staff what happens to the game.

Please don’t post long “I’m leaving…” messages in the social threads. Notify players in an OOC thread to let them know your status in the game.

10) I’ve read the rules & FAQ, and I still don’t know how things work. What should I do?

You should visit this thread on the Welcome New Users board and ask the current adoptions coordinator for help. The other option is to ask the board moderators @Sinrebirth , @Lady_Belligerent, or @HanSolo29.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    darthbernael and HanSolo29 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.