main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The RPF Interview Thread - now interviewing DarkLordoftheFins

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth Kronos, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wishes she had something intelligent to add..............but Sinre knows and will tell you that's a big ask from me. :(

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh I am sure you'll be making a right old mess of my interview. :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    :D And you of mine......... ;)

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Haha, I fought the boards to a standstill with my vague answers! :D

Sith-I-5 and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Which raises my question!!

Have you ever wanted to rule this place? @DarkLordoftheFins - Overlord Ruler and Most powerful of all?

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Or even moderate, in the benevolent fashion that I also do?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    No, not really ... actually I am happy to offer my services to the community, but time to play is such a rare commodity I never felt like being a Mod would have made sense to me.

On world domination. I think taking over is boring. Still being quite much a champaign anarchist, I'd say. Deep deep down I just wanna see the world burn. But from a VIP lounge.

8. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    It is 42. now is it? One I am burning to hear your take on ...

42. How much of Fin is in Fin's games? Do you think the personal world views of a GM should be present in a game? You think a game benefits from it?

43. Does your personal relationship with players influence you as a GM?

44. How many of the players around here have younger in real life? How is that experience?

45. You voices Star Wars fatigue repeatedly ... so what do you think Star Wars needs to recover? For you as a future RP and the franchise in general ... ?

46. You mentioned the lack of romance in games around here? Why do you think that is so?

47. You recently have been silently dueling LordTroepfchen, your best friend and well respected RPer around here, for the position of Batman in this Boards first ever casting call ... the conflict was taken out in private. Can you tell us a bit about this epic struggle?

48. Something light in between: Franchises that need a RPF adoption?

49. Why Cilian Murphy?

50. So now one of those utterly flattering ones, but one I have been waiting to ask since I your name up there on the list ... you are this boards preferred choice as a leading man as a player, are you? Why do you think that is?

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Of course it had to be you Rachel ... had to be you ... 50? Guys are you serious?

Okay, here we go. Final round.

42. How much of Fin is in Fin's games? Do you think the personal world views of a GM should be present in a game? You think a game benefits from it?

That is actually three questions. How much Fin is in Fin's games? Let me begin with ... clarifying it has been a while since there was a game I would call "Fin's Game". Then ... it depended. SotS had a bit more of me in it, 133ABY a little less ... in general all GMs tell the stories they feel drawn to. I felt drawn to The Reckoning, but taking over from HanSolo29 and based on LordTroepfchen's The Crossing, there is probably a lot from those two in that game ... and then again @SirakRomar wrote me an email a while ago saying she could see clearly my handwriting in the plot (in which I was involved).

Examples she put up was ... The young female hero with great power facing an equally great male evil. A diner in the desert. The villain being the hero of his own narrative. Characters all being shades of grey. A slow burning apocalypse spreading through the plot. Meditations on humans becoming gods and therefore being removed from their humanity. Temptation of power. All those elements I could actually see in my former games. All those are now in The Reckoning. So yeah, again there seems to be a lot Fin in the game. Just complimented by a lot LordT and HS29.

Should a game represent anything? No. But it can. So if a GM feels he should put his world view in a game, who shall forbid it? Player can always not join, right?

Certain games certainly do. I felt the scepticism towards Government institutions of LordTroepfchen was kinda reflected in the Crossing and made it more interesting probably. Another layer of interpretation has never damaged a work of art. I consider games works of collaborative art. Had the Crossing been a major movie (and probably a huge success considering it's plot quality) ... there would be someone out there writing a piece on "the portrayal of Governments in The Crossing".

If I go through my games I play in you see how each of them has a GMs handwriting on a personal level. We recently discussed the matters of political responsibility and state vs individual responsibility in Twilight. Assassin's Creed certainly shows how ideals and morality are not the same thing.

The most obvious case on the boards right now is actually in all my dreams i DROWN, which had lead to a discussion in game and out of game about identity. It is a meditation on technology and identity in it's core, not shying away to ask the questions loudly. Quite a relevant question in our time of growing technology.

So yeah, we GMs are always mirrored in our games. It is a good thing.

So are the players. Which is probably even better.

A game around hard morale choices usually makes good roleplaying. A wise GM allows these to play out without too much intervention I believe.

43. Does your personal relationship with players influence you as a GM?

Certainly so. I don't believe any of us can escape this. We know players and they know us. We build relationships that are build on trust.

44. How many of the players around here have you met in real life? How is that experience?

Around ten? Mostly Europeans I'd say ... I know some for many years even. Some I met later. Funny. Usually we are not what we expect we are when we meet. Always a great experience though. Recently had a beer with Lawbreaker, which was quite funny and interesting. We had a lot to talk about. Barely even touched RPing. Also we were in the midst of a rather intense combined in Twilight.

45. You mentioned Star Wars fatigue repeatedly ... so what do you think Star Wars needs to recover? For you as a future RP and the franchise in general ... ?

For the RPF SW seems to be handled well in the hands of the various Fanclubs and Fanonverses. Maybe not a good way to get new players, but certainly a great way to serves the old ones.

I sometimes think we are ripe for this ONE GAME, you know? One to surprise us. One to satisfy the Star Wars geek in all of us. One universal game. Easy to join. Hard to get out of your mind. Owned by everybody to the same amount. But who is gonna do it? We might need a fresh voice for that one probably ...

As movies ... planning. Beyond one movie. Like ... storylines ... not just plots. Not working from film to film. The one shots work better for me because they don't lack this sense of continuity and tonality as the "Episodes" nowadays do.

46. You mentioned the lack of romance in games around here? Why do you think that is so?

Interesting one again. Oh well. Originally I believed it was an age thing. Too many teenagers. But nowadays we got a more mature crowd and nevertheless I can hardly think of any romance in any game. Also it seems like a natural extension of many plots. Maybe it is a cultural thing. Many seem almost obsessed with playing asexual characters. It is a complete mystery to me.

I think the only one I saw recently was in Candlewood and 50% was GM. In all my dreams i DROWN had an especially dark take on it with my characters relationship to Elina. Totally pays off!

Actually I think we are missing great plots here. Hatred, love, jealousy ... the stuff the great stories are made of.

47. You recently have been silently dueling LordTroepfchen, your best friend and well respected RPer around here, for the position of Batman in this Boards first ever casting call ... the conflict was taken out in private. Can you tell us a bit about this epic struggle?

Haha, it slipped out did it? Yes, indeed. Not much to tell. I knew he had applied, but it was too much of a temptation! So I send my sheet, an example of a scene and then he probably did the same. I explained a little my take on Batman to Master Vo and ... actually I never got to see my opponents posts or anything. I actually did not assume I had much of a chance, but finally made it and play Batman now.

He took it like a real Gentleman.

I think auditions are a great way to do this. Totally fun to fight for your right to play a certain character. Also forces the players to go deep into the character.

48. Something light in between: Franchises that need a RPF adoption?

Death Note. Blade Runner. Halloween (on Halloween).

49. Why Cilian Murphy?

The face of my character in the Crossing. Also in Castaways. I am a great fan.

50. So now one of those utterly flattering ones, but one I have been waiting to ask since I your name up there on the list ... you are this boards preferred choice as a leading man as a player, are you? Why do you think that is?

Am I? Ask the GMs? I usually do not define my character by his importance for the plot but by how much I enjoy playing them. But hopefully that means I add something to those games ...

I got a good update discipline. Maybe that is why.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Tell that to @Bardan_Jusik - His 'Black sheep' are all over each other, googly eyes and all! :p Maybe its the 'pilot' thing? :p

Do you prefer a slow moving game or a game that updates weekly?

Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Weekly. Love the bi-weekly schedule some GMs adopted lately.

Now I gotta read Black Sheep [face_laugh]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You do, we've even got a Pregnant pilot!! There is definitely ROMANCE!!! And some, what did they call it in M*A*S*H.....camaraderie? It gets cold at night Im told!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Final round? What are you talking about Fin? We are just getting started ...

The following questions allow just one answer ...

51. Coolest Character around?

52. Loveliest Character?

53. Most complex character?

54. Character you wanna have a beer with?

55. Character you wanna have a. date with?

56. Sexiest character around?

57. Sexiest character ever?

58. Best Villain around?

59. Best Villain ever?

60. Best suspense game?

61. Best Sequel?

62. Most surprising game?

63. Game you want to never end?

64. Ready for the tough one? Because I am about to put out all the stops ... ready? Sure? Here we go ...

65. Better GM: Fin or LordT?

66. Better game: The Crossing or The
    Sins of the Saints?

67. You think you nailed the Reckoning as a sequel?

68. Think it can't get worse?

69. Better Han Solo: HanSolo29 or RachelTyrell?

70. Better Villain: Darth Zorn or Darth Zorn? (You know who I mean)

71. Who wins a fight:

Eydan Skorne vs. Lorn from Castaways
    Twilight Anakin vs. Darth Vader
    Sebastian Klein vs. Milton Prest

?

72. Are we still friends after these questions?

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I like 55 and 71 a lot.

And :eek: to 69.

@Darth Kronos, you best be keeping notes.

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Haha, you guys are killing me!

16. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Do you like the amount of questions you're getting? :p

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Is that all you got?!? IS THAT REALLY ALL YOU GOT?

Guess I had it coming ...

Anyway ...

51. Coolest Character around?

Jane by @galactic-vagabond422 from the Crossing

52. Loveliest Character?

Madelyn by @TheSilentInfluence from Twilight

53. Most complex character?

Puh. Only active? Aryan Graul by @HanSolo29 from Twilight.

54. Character you wanna have a beer with?

Han Solo. Always Han Solo.

55. Character you wanna have date with?

Amy Cross from in all my dreams i DROWN

56. Sexiest character around?

Maria Liang from The Reckoning

57. Sexiest character ever?

Kira Kara Romar from ABYverse. Obviously, players wrote me to submit potential love interests for her ... like ... five or so. And I was only the GM.

@SirakRomar told me she actually always imagined she was lesbian [face_laugh]

58. Best Villain around?

No idea. We got a lot of good villains right now ... I still wait for one to take lead and become more frightening and despicable than the rest. If I have to choose: Andy Chang from DROWN probably.

59. Best Villain ever?

Maybe The Source from The Crossing. Truly the hero of his own narrative.

60. Best suspense game?

Active right? Twilight.

61. Best Sequel?

Ever? Puh. System Lords IV I think was the one I kept on lurking ...

62. Most surprising game?

in all my dreams i DROWN

63. Game you want to never end?

Galaxy at War by @pashatemur

64. Ready for the tough one? Because I am about to put out all the stops ... ready? Sure? Here we go ...

Okay. Go ahead.

65. Better GM: Fin or LordT?

@LordTroepfchen. His cinematic style he had for The Crossing and Villain is beyond Fin's abilities. I saw the movie in front of my eyes when he updated.

66. Better game: The Crossing or The
    Sins of the Saints?

The Crossing, it feels like an evolution and is just more ... perfect.

67. You think you nailed the Reckoning as a sequel?

I think we did pretty good there. But we are not as good as the original probably.

68. Think it can't get worse?

Certainly it can.

69. Better Han Solo: HanSolo29 or RachelTyrell?

Both nailed the character perfectly and I actually tagged @HanSolo29 several times for the character by accident. I think Lawrence Kasdan is secretly writing them. Really, I can't decide. So if I have to choose: HanSolo29 for having it done more often.

@RachelTyrell gets bonus points for doing a great Han and Chewie chemistry though.

70. Better Villain: Darth Zorn or Darth Zorn? (You know who I mean)

Darth Zorn

71. Who wins a fight:

Eydan Skorne vs. Lorn from Castaways
    Twilight Anakin vs. Darth Vader
    Sebastian Klein vs. Milton Prest

?

Eydan Skorne (easy), Twilight Anakin (not crippled) and Milton Prest (stronger will).

72. Are we still friends after these questions?

Sure. Just gotta find a way to get back at you and we are totally good!

18. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Very flattering and very humble of you, but honestly ... my "body-of-work" compared to your "body-of-work" ... you have been the by far more accomplished and skilled GM. Your "conclusion-ratio" alone puts you into the hall of fame, not to speak that without SotS there would be no Crossing.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...seriously, Fin – thank you so much for the shoutouts! I truly appreciate that! :)

In terms of Han Solo, I have to admit that it has been rather fun to sit back and watch Rachel take command of the character after having played him for so long. It gives a completely new perspective on things – and she is doing one hell of a job at that!

I do think I need to step back into those smuggler boots at some point. It's been far too long for me! I think Castaways was the last? I won't include After the Awakening since that was technically an actor. But yeah, I think it's time. ;)

Great answers all around, Fin! I've been enjoying it! :D

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Just totally spontaneously answered those above without attempting to balance it in any way ... so my very authentic take on it.

21. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    L A S T D A Y

@DarkLordoftheFins.

1. What are your opinions on kittens?

2. What is your favorite dinosaur?

3. What does Star Wars mean to you?

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    1. Can't say I specifically care about them ... but they are big on insta.

2. Archeopteryx

3. The first great franchise I loved. Seen it grow. Seen it change. And like all things that constantly change ... at some point I did not recognize it anymore as mine.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  23. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Haha, I actually find Han Solo incredibly hard to write, especially in a universe so very different from the one of the movies from which I know him.

So I guess too late for one last question? I'll PM it and it will be our secret @DarkLordoftheFins

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Feel free to PM! But that will be my last! [face_laugh]

25. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    is this thread still a thing? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.