main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    RT has Steven Spielbergs Hook on 28%, that was the day i knew to never care what that website thinks. Love me some Hook.
    [​IMG]
    Glad you liked it, if you get one on your birthday, take a picture and share it with us. Ask them to make you a squadron with a trade federation lucre hulk floor theme. Keep in mind you do need atleast one yellow commander battledroid as well as several red security ones :)

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    66% is a pretty low audience score though.....

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I take anything above 50% as a positive at this point :p

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I like Hook. My favorite movie has 31% on RT. **** em. (LANGUAGE!)

I always feel pretty proud of myself with my X-Files October, as that qualifies as "scary" for me (it's not, I know) - I'm not a huge horror movie fan, as my tolerance for blood and guts has been especially low since birth. However, seeing how excited you all get over these horror movies, I may need to expand my list, as it now just includes Freddy v Jason, The Hills Have Eyes (that movie is whack), Insidious, and a few minutes of the newest Friday the 13th movie.

5. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I always watch a Halloween film on Halloween, although it is usually an animated movie as I am one of the biggest wimps ever :p

@heels1785, I am not a fan of blood and guts either, The 100 tv show was my limit of gore ;)

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Watch The Cabin in the Woods - it's fantastic; horror but also funny, there are a couple of gory scenes but they are also kind of funny so it makes it not so bad I think (though I'm 100% not bothered by that stuff).

Also Hook is an amazing movie.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  7. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    What is your fave movie, Heels? :)

8. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I know, its dumb. Some movies deserve higher scores.

As for good horror movies, not an avid watcher myself, but i remember enjoying Sinister from a couple years back, i think you would enjoy it. It has a couple unnecessary jump scares, but it also have some pretty neat scares as well, from what i remember anyway.

Agreed, Hook is great.

BTW @heels1785 , if you're going to watch Cabin in the Woods dont get yourself spoiled, its much better if you know as little as possible.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @Moll - favorite movie is King Arthur from 2004, with Clive Owen. Critically destroyed, poor box office. Great cast and soundtrack, been my favorite movice since the night I saw it in theaters 14.5 years ago.

@cubman987 - I'll check it out. I actually did see the horror movies Cabin Fever and Drag Me To Hell. Neither really memorable, except the last scene of DMtH, which fulfills the title, I guess.

10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    @Valency Jane @Dandelo
    I think the new Halloween looks good too and I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself. I've avoided major spoilers; just watched three non spoiler reviews from people who usually make pretty decent reviews. The one that made me think was Chris Stuckmann (sp?), as he is a major Halloween fan. He claims to own multiple copies of every film in the franchise including all on blu ray. He gave the new one a C grade. I was surprised since he seems to love Halloween movies so much.
    Grace Randolph seemed to like it, but thought Laurie wasn't handled the best. The other one was from Jeremy, J, I think you mentioned you like his reviews Dandelo, anyhow, he liked it. So by mixed, I just meant those three didn't have glowing reviews, but no one hated it. And I don't agree with everything they say, it just seems like they try to be fair or at least semi thoughtful in their reviews in contrast to many.

I've not seen 4 or 5 Valency, or at least not that I remember. I thought the second one was decent though. Although I like horror flicks, I haven't invested much time in watching all the sequels in franchises that have like 10 or so lol. It's safe to say I like the originals a lot and the rest are usually just adequate or worse, imo.

11. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    Dandy and El Combiano meet Frankenstein

12. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    yes I watch his reviews :D

I was surprised he gave The Nun a low rating since he seems to like The Conjuring series as a whole.

Sounds like he's burning out on horror maybe [face_thinking]

13. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    "He took my toy! She hit my bear! I want to potty! I want a cookie! I want to stay up! I want, I want, I want! Me, me, me, me! Mine, mine, mine, mine! Now, now, now! Can't you understand, child? They tell you stories to shut you up."

[​IMG]

14. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I think the only horror film I watched was Orphan, absolutely scared the **** out of me. So much so, that when I saw the actor in The Hunger Games it gave me nightmares after...

I have not seen that film, might have to check it out. I tend to ignore ratings, as they mostly don't agree with what I think.

15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen a proper horror film, at least not something above a PG :p

As for my favourite movie, Atlantis: The Lost Empire is sitting with a measly score of 49%. What a sham.

Even Treasure Planet, my second favourite, only musters a 69% (as well as being Disney's biggest flop, box office wise :p).

If it weren't for Fellowship of the Ring being 91%, my top 5 films would average at 57.5%. Meh.

16. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I think we can all say there's at least three movies that didn't get great reviews that we all love. And they gave us some great memes as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us take this time to remember the original prequel memer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    @darkspine10 I have the title for your next book

The Little Red And Blue Book of Cubman :p
    AKA the book of quotations of Chairmod Cub

@heels1785 I saw DMTH, what a disturbing ending :p

18. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    It's strange to me, the idea of someone who's never seen a horror movie or has only seen but one. The genre is so ubiquitous—it'd be like saying you've never heard a rock 'n' roll song. I'm curious. Do you guys opt out because you don't like being unnerved or unsettled by the common effects of horror movies or do you simply find them generally boring?

19. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    @Ingram_I was thinking the same thing actually :p

20. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Movies are much easier to avoid than songs. I just don't understand the appeal of going and seeing a movie that will prevent me from sleeping that night, and probably a few nights after that. I have enough sleeping troubles already.

21. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    AHHHHHHH I CAN'T ****ING WAIT

22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I mainly do the horror film watching in October. Overall though, I don't watch lots of all the new releases or anything like that.
    Some of my favorite films are often classified as horror though, like Alien and The Shining. I've tried to watch all the initial entries in each franchise and usually like them quite a lot, like Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween, The Omen, The Exorcist, Psycho. Those are all just really well made films, which is what defines them for me more than the horror aspect.

Like variance in meals or cuisine from different countries, horror is a genre that just keeps things interesting for me. It's not my favorite dish, but I love it whenever I order it, if that makes sense. It's thrilling to watch, for me, maybe similar to how people ride roller coasters and things like that, it's for fun, but wouldn't want to do it everyday.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS The Mandalorian NEW Pics!

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Bit of both really, not a fan of being scared much, Doctor Who is chilling enough for me (though that does have some legitimate terrifying moments, and some great Body Horror). Plus I'm just not into it aesthetically, all that blood, gore, and fear, just doesn't do much for me.

That said, Horror Games are something I have dabbled in.

I've played both Outlast games with my cousins (we took turns controlling), and we had some priceless jumpscares, and the atmosphere was great in Outlast 2.

Also enjoyed Until Dawn, which had the frisson of risk, that my choices could actually cause a character's death, which was a perfect mechanic for the horror genre, and had some really nice characters (MattxJessica 4 Life :p).

Of course, ironically, the moment in Until Dawn that scared me the most wasn't a terrifying creature, a violent death, or a horrific scenario. It was a cheap jumpscare where one of the characters stuck their head in front of the telescope I was using. That was terrifying.

Even the original Uncharted had me terrified by the Zombie Bunker chapter, where I timidly pointed myself round corners and shot wildly at anything that moved ;)

I don't know, something about controlling a horror game appeals to me much more than passively watching.

25. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    That is the same as me, don’t want to watch something that will give me nightmares. I suffer from terrible nightmares and night terrors as it it, as it is a side affect of the pills I take, so adding horror movies would not help that...at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.