main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Safe Harbour - The Calm Before the Storm OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by TheAdmiral, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Oh, it's ok, just had me doing a double take for a moment. LOL

I was like: POOF! Vanish. :p

Shadowsun and darthbernael like this.
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I will have them split to cover more ground.

Also I need to stop writing posts while half asleep [face_laugh]

Darth_Elu and darthbernael like this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Might be a good idea. ;) :p

4. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Thanks to @Sinrebirth managed to edit it :) Hopefully it is better now?

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Indeed. Didn't need to go to all the trouble! Just needed to know where I was, but thank you. :D

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Confused....but guess I'll post soon....
    :p

8. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Well since I introduced that small competition I wanted to make it fairer and not have Irene "win", as I said I misread my last combo with Elu so I had to change some things to accommodate it.

Ktala, Darth_Elu, Shadowsun and 2 others like this.
  9. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    So, we are back in business :D After I finish the combo that me and some of the players are working on, I will resume the writing schedule. So whoever was not able to reply there is still time as I will start with the ones that had replied first as usual :)

10. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
  11. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Welcome....to Jurassic Park

12. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Well I did mention Thunder Lizards ;) Also since I am sure you all have caught on that, but I draw inspiration from pulp fiction and penny dreadfuls from that period, so Doyle's Lost World is part of that ;)

13. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    A the beast is finally published... fun times...

Darth_Elu and darthbernael like this.
  14. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Lady Eleanor and her family have become even more interesting....

Things are definitely getting more interesting in the capital.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  15. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I am sorry to those waiting for me to post, but am having some anxiety and depression issues and will hopefully resume posting during the weekend :(

Изпратено от моят SM-G985F с помощта на Tapatalk

darthbernael and Darth_Elu like this.
  16. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

Resuming work on the update. Thank you for the support and the patience!

An important notice though. I decided it would be best to make some changes in my updating schedule. Instead of 4 times per month, decided it would be best to make it 2 times per month. There are a couple of reasons:

The first and obvious one, to avoid a public meltdown [face_laugh] As I think that in some cases my posts need more polishing and you deserve the best quality. Also you can't force creativity.

The second reason is, there will be some changes and refinements. It was pointed out to me, and I agree with that assessment, that some characters (in Basileus) need more interactions, so this change of schedule should allow (hopefully) for more time for interaction between players. Also will give more time to players as I know RL is rather hectic (to put it mildly) these days, so some relief of pressure. Especially now that the long-awaited holidays are coming.

17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sometimes we need to switch things up. Completely understood. Do whatever works best for you. :D [face_peace]

18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Hey, to those of you who are waiting on me for the combos I apologize (I know that I said to some of you that I was going to respond today), but my muse decided to evaporate as I was struck (in a positive way), by the latest Mandalorian episode (I won't spoil) and can't think of a good response [face_laugh] Hopefully tomorrow (or on Sunday) things will be back to business.

Also to welcome @Ava G. here as well! I am so glad that I can finally include elements from one of my favorite cinematic history - the golden age of Hollywood!

19. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    A GM Announcement:

Unfortunately today I was informed by @Darth_Elu that he has to step down from the game, so I am going to take over his characters for now until/if he decides to return. I hope that I will be able to capture their essence.

I will resume the updating tomorrow.

Either way I hope you will have great holidays!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sorry everyone. :(

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    awwww....

we understand.....

Take care,

22. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
  23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    So I was informed that @Shadowsun needs to pull out from the game due to DRL, so I must say with a heavy heart that I am going to stop the current iteration of the game as it is getting unsustainable :( with so many key characters leaving.

But it is not all bad! I am thinking that I will start a new game (with a smaller scale), based around the characters who are left, but first some feedback:

Regarding the potential setting:
    1. Modern Real Life
    2. Historical (the 20s-30s) Real Life
    3. Or set in the universe of Calm

Want to condense the plot into something smaller where the characters are working together and not thrown around the map and keep the key themes: the exploration plot, the political conspiracy, the Golden Age of Hollywood, the detective plot, Lovecraftian and other horror elements.

So please say here or via PM whether or not you will be interested in such a game: @Mistress_Renata @Jerjerrod-Lennox @darthbernael @Ava G. (I am sorry that it happened that way since you were the newest player to join), @Sinrebirth @Ktala, @Bodhran777

Either way I thank all the awesome players who participated, it was quite the journey and I hope the next iteration will too be great!

Anyway I hope you have a great New Year!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Shadowsun and Ava G. like this.
  24. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Sorry for the double post (I know I can edit my previous one, but wanted to keep it separate):

An idea came to mind for a plot: a historical (with magical and supernatural elements) setting during the 20s-30s, starting off from Britain, then move to France, Weimar Germany, then maybe Turkey, the Middle East. To combine secret societies, silent movies, pulp fiction, detective work, adventuring, Lovecraftian and other horror elements, spy thriller.

I wanted to shift to real world as it requires less world building for a smaller scale game. The period also fits the plots of most of the remaining characters and the overall themes.

And a not so subtle hint of what can also be involved ;)

[​IMG]

But my offer for you to choose the setting still stands :)

I will also understand if this not your cup of tea.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Ava G. likes this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    awww, I hate to see it go. I was really enjoying it. But I understand.
    I'll give a thought to the other ideas...

It was fun while it lasted!!

Darth_Elu likes this.