main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy CLOSED The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Arc
    Throne Room

Watching the interplay between Netar and Zalzabar-clone-o - whichever avatar it was, Arc accepted a drink and some small food; he wasn't all that peckish. But he nearly choked on what little drink as he was approached by Esenma. "Ma'am, I am far too old to be anyone's father... or baby-daddy." He chuckled drily. "But I had a son, once. With a beautiful woman."

He found himself staring at Anaxgore for no apparent reason, perhaps through him.

Sometimes he felt like he was peering through someone's soul to another time and place, but he never knew why.

He coughed to cover his inadvertent gaze. "What about you Delsanra, Rebecca? Thoughts of having a family, if you don't already?" He sipped. "I daren't ask if Netar has propagated," he said jovially.

Nor would he ask Zalzabar...

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125 @Master Vo'Un'Var @galactic-vagabond422 @Shadowsun @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Rebecca Dragon
    Throne Room

The towering warrior stopped looking over her shoulder brows furrowed. Was he seriously asking that? Her gaze fell on Dominus him asking a similar question though not in such a way. The man was new and likely didn't know Rebecca very well, and she wasn't in much of a state to deal with that sort of question. With a snort she continued her way out merely growling behind her.

"No man has the courage." For just a moment her eyes shifted over to Dominus, "Or the inclination...Not that I care..."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125 @Master Vo'Un'Var @Sinrebirth @Shadowsun @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Sinrebirth and Shadowsun like this.
  3. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A combo between @Darth_Elu and myself

IC: Tempus and Cretaus

Temporal Training

Cretaus
    ate away, making as much of a mess during his meal time as usual. Likely only outdone by Ne'tar. He was feeling a little bashful at Tempus' comments of his own modesty as well as pointing out his eagerness to train (how did he learn that hge wondered), but soon enough discussions shifted to other matters and he was able to get out from under that scrutiny. The two main things that intrigued him were the fact that Anaxagore was to test the mysterious Arc.

He wondered how he'd go about it.

The other thing that caught his attention was Kaynus and his attempt to open, or some such, the Eye of Caelum. The teen watched with interest for a moment or two before it became quite clear nothing of the sort was going to happen. Despite being inwardly amused at the man's temper tantrum thereafter, he said nothing and averted his gaze.

When the meal was over and they began to break up, he stood up quickly. Now he was becoming excited! With a hurried bow to Anaxagore, he rushed off toward where Tempus stood.

"Ready when you are!" he announced eagerly.

Tempus gave a soft smile at Cretaus's enthusiasm. A slow nod as he gestured for them to walk. They exited the Bathhouse moving down the bustling streets of Othos. Cretaus would still be able to hear Tempus just fine over all the comings and goings of the great city.

"Zalzabar has told me much about you... he speaks highly of you."

He let that sink in for a moment, looking around the city as they continued to walk. Merchants could be seen everywhere holding fine clothing, food, armor, shield and other wares. There were also the tall, strong guards. Their short swords held at their sides as they held their spears.

"Where to begin... yes tell me on the plains before you got here when you severed Bellus Dragonson's arm, how do you think that was achieved, and take a guess if you do not, keeping in mind your nature is time."

Walking along the active streets, Cretaus was able to easily block it all out. City life. Now that was something that was not new to him. Oh, Othos was much larger than his old home, that was true. But in the end, much the same in certain regards.

He still was curious to explore at some point naturally, but not yet. This was something much higher on his priority list and thus gave it all of his attention.

His gaze fell to the ground only momentarily as Tempus spoke. A smile on his lips.

"Zalzabar speaks highly of me?"

He couldn't help himself but ask.

As topics shifted to what had happened the other day outside the city, his mood sobered and he thought back to it. His mind scrunching up slightly in thought. He had severed Bellus' arm, no doubt about it, but no...he had no idea how he had done it. It was such an intense rush, even when things had slowed down for him, he had become focused on Lord Tellus and then it was more of an emotional directing when he returned his raging attention on the woman.

Keep in mind that my nature was time...

Well, time didn't cut. It wasn't a physical thing. Right? So how could it have done anything really? Cretaus' mind thought on Tempus' healing of Anaxagore and Esenma the previous night. It had a physical effect of sorts then. Was that related?

"I...um..." he hesitated uncertainly, "...might have aged her arm or something?"

As soon as he said it, he frowned though. It hadn't looked aged. It just...fell off. Shaking his head at himself, he could only shrug and look up at Tempus, hoping for an answer.

Tempus simply gave a nod of his head to Cretaus's question of Zalzabar speaking on him. Perhaps answering further questions in the boy's mind on how Tempus knew more about the boy than one would expect of a stranger.

"A good guess Cretaus, and in fact, you are somewhat correct although not in the way you properly mean."

He continued to walk through the city allowing Cretaus to think on the matter for a moment more before he responded, the middle of the street to do so. He raised his hand, an apple appearing in it in a moment.

"What you did Cretaus is you commanded the flow of time around Rebecca's arm to move at a different rate than the rest of her body, either slowing it through time or making it move faster in time. This created a disconnect with the rest of her body, creating a temporal disruption, that when resolved..."

Cretaus would feel the same magical energy he had felt on the plains of Athas, except it was not coming from within himself. It was coming with Tempus. He would see the apple slice perfectly down the middle into two halves as he looked to Cretaus.

"... sliced her arm"

Cretaus blinked at the sudden appearance of the apple. How did he keep doing that? He'd have to ask at some point, but for now he wanted to focus on what he was telling him. His eyebrow raised as he tried to grasp at what he was being told, most of it he got...

He let out a small whistle as he eyed the suddenly sliced apple, feeling and recognizing that sense of magical energy emanating from Tempus. Furtively, he even glanced about to see if anyone else nearby reacted. Turning his gaze back on the man he looked at him quizzically.

"Interesting...no idea how I managed to do that. And I'll be able to control that better with training? And what's tempo..tempural disto..." A sigh and an embarrassed shrug, "That thing you said?"

"Tem-pour-raul" spoke Tempus with a smile as he looked to Cretaus. "Yes indeed Cretaus you will be able to do that and much more, for us few time mages there are two main things we can do...

We can distort time and peer through time"

He looked to Cretaus, thinking for a moment as they continued to walk through the streets of Othos, the crowds seemingly too busy with their daily lives to notice or care.

"Now that might not sound like much but with skill and training, those two basic fundamentals can result in a whole host of varying effects. The latter is how I knew you were coming, well how I knew of you at the very least,"

He gave a nod of his head as he looked to Cretaus.

"Do you have any further questions before we formally begin training?"

Cretaus eyed the city and its people all around them as they moved along, yet never missing a word Tempus spoke. Temporal. A word he'd definitely have to burn into his brain by the sound of it!

The idea of messing with time at all, even if just a little, was almost too much to be believed. And here he had been thinking small when it came to magic! His ideas were the basics. Lightning, fireballs, some kind of glowing sword. That sort of thing. He just smiled back at the man he was to soon train under.

At his question, he just shook his head with a sheepish look, "Not really. At least none that would put it off any more! The rest will probably come as we do it, to be honest."

Tempus gave a nod, the two of them walking further till they came to a quiet open courtyard with luscious green grass and a single tree growing in the middle. Tempus wandered to the middle of it standing before Cretaus as he eyed the boy carefully.

"First we need to access the flow of your aura, and allow your will to flow into it. This comes with the most basic of magical techniques, where we shall attempt to make the air shimmer."

He paused for a moment, remembering from what Zalzabar had told him that Cretaus had little to any formal education.

"Imagine your that inside of you is a great well of energy, an invisible fluid that can interact with the world. We call this your Will, and when it affects the world around you we call it your aura."

He eyed the boy, his voice smooth and deep, his eyes both distant and focused.

"This well of energy, you must feel it inside you, and let it flow out of yourself, like water pouring outward from within you. This simple flow of your Will is what allows you to change the world around you, depending on how you direct the flow."

"But directing the flow is something you are not ready for, now you just let it flow, however it may, how this uncontrolled flow effects the world varies based on the Will of the magic user... but for us time mages it will make the air shimmer and appear distorted..."

Tempus then raised his hand, Cretaus would be able to feel the flow of the magic through the man's fingers as the air surrounding his hand then indeed begin to distort and shimmer, not flowing, but as if it was unsure if it should be existing or not.

"Now I would like you to try,"

Cretaus looked about himself as they entered the courtyard, admiring the simple beauty of it. Though his attention was brought back to the reason he was there as Tempus began speaking of auras and magical techniques. He couldn't wait! If only he had knew what --

Oh! Tempus finally explained better what aura was. The teen stared off as he seemingly digested this bit of information, giving a small nod toward his understanding.

"Ok, I think I get it."

Listening to the rest of the man's words, he gave a second nod and then closed his eyes. Trying magic for the first time at last! ...Well, intentionally anyway.

"Water pouring out..." he mumbled to himself as he did his best to imagine himself as a container of this Will Water, feeling it swirling within (or maybe he was just imagining it), and then allowing it to just expand or 'pour' out from him in all directions. As Tempus instructed, he did not bother affecting it any more than that. Just let it out and waited to see what occurred.

His eyes opened, wondering if he had succeeded or if this was a repeat of Zalzabar's magical rock from before.

Ever so slightly the air around Cretaus' fingertips began to shimmer. A slight tremor in the air, not from movement but from stillness... no that was not quite accurate either. It was distorted, not to the same extent that Tempus had been able to do but definitely noticeable.

A warm smile floated over Tempus' face.

"That's very good Cretaus, your journey as the next Time Mage has truly begun,"

Tempus gave a nod to Cretaus, moving down to sit in the grass.

"The rest of that Cretaus will just take... time... if you'll excuse the pun. Practicing to direct the flow of your magic, how long you move something forward in time, how long you move it back..."

He paused again, his eyes closing in thought for a moment.

"The other aspect of our nature, is far, far more difficult to utilize... that is to peer through time. To look forwards and backward in time... the flow of time is something we can only locally alter, but to know the future is... a dangerous thing... do you understand what I am saying Cretaus?"

When Cretaus reopened his eyes, he noticed the shimmering in the air. Like Tempus, if to a much lesser degree. He'd take it! The teenager broke into a wide grin, though it likely disrupted his distortions immediately as his excitement just took over and he lost concentration.

He had done magic! At will! Him!

Cretaus could scarce believe it, but he forced his attention back onto his Time Master. Nodding at his every word, sitting down quickly as Tempus paused.

"I can't wait to learn how to do that," he gushed, "To move things forward or backward! I mean, how does it even work?"

He quieted as Tempus first chose to remark upon another ability to eventually learn. Peering through time itself. To...know the future. His eyes widened. Right...that would be possible with this magic, huh?

The possibilities were endless! He could dodge any attack! Maybe know where the enemies would be before the day had even begun! Would it help locate the relics too? Possibly.

Still the statement about danger sobered him a little. He thought about it for a few moments. To know the future would be amazing, but dangerous? How?

"I'm having trouble. I mean, I can see the responsibility. But danger? Perhaps from the magic itself..." now that was a concept he could nod about, "Knowledge of the future...wouldn't that just mean we hold all the cards? Change things to how we'd want them to be if they're bad?"

Not that he had any grand plans or anything, but still.

Tempus smiled, once again pleased at the eagerness of the young lad.

"If only it were that simple. The future is in constant change, as we have Free Will and the choices we make can change the flow of time. So we can see possibilities of the future but not what it will be for certain,"

He paused, taking the hand of Cretaus.

"Knowing the future may cause you to do vile, wicked things in the hopes of preventing that outcome, or doing something that you unknowingly makes things worse, meddling with the flow of time can lead to unexpected consequences."

"Come let me show you,"

With that he opened Cretaus' palm, magic then began to flow between the two of them. Cretaus could feel his own Will mixing with that of Tempus as images began to appear in Cretaus palm and then within his mind's eye.

Images of Zalzabar and Cretaus living together as father and son. Images of Cretaus fighting desperately in a destroyed Othos, dragons flying overhead with murderous intent. Cretaus could see the image of three men, each with helmed masks and great power. He could see the crew of Zalzabar's fighting against the Crimson Knights. He could see images of Dominus and Rebecca becoming married, images of Zalzabar beheading a black-haired man. So many images... so many possibilities and not all of them were congruent. Cretaus could sense that.

Then the images ceased.

Tempus looked back at Cretaus.

"Do not look so concerned, these are just possibilities remember. In time I will teach you so you can peer through the future on your own."

TAG: no-one

4. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Preparations for War
    Asanna had yet to be transferred to the Spire. For now, she dwelt within the dark confines of Othos' dungeons. Around her wrists were a set of large metal cuffs, although her hands were free. The cuffs were separate from each other. She could feel them as the source that dampened her magic. It had only been a single day since her capture, no one had been to visit her, but her superior elven hearing had allowed her to overhear the guards whispering to each other that Zalzabar was to visit her later that day. It seemed he had been quite occupied with taking care of his little troop and dealing with Kenrith of the coming war.

Her cell was not small but not large either, a single bed lay within it, with a steel door with a few bars for a window. There was little else other than an area to go to the bathroom in. It was not exactly fit for a Queen.

As she sat she would feel a chill. The heat of the room was sucked away as a darkness seemed to open. The air seemed to tear itself apart as a dark gateway opened itself up and in a blink, a man with a hulking set of armor appeared before her.

[​IMG]

She would have little idea who he was or why he was here. There was no magical signature coming off the man. Not even when he arrived here. Any normal teleportation was like a great spike in magic and those attuned could detect it, but not whatever Ulfric had done. His void magic seemingly left no trace.

"Are you Asanna Ralinommu?"

Well…. This was new. She looked at the hulking figure. Not at all a clue of who was standing before her.

She sat on the bed and looked up at the figure. No aura spike and no real sense of his strength. His nature left no residual energy to indicate his origin or affinity. She had never encountered a being like this before.

“Yes. Yes, I am. You don’t wear the armor of Athas, nor are you from Taetus…. Possibly Haugun, no?”

It was a guess. A complete guess. Because Asanna knew nothing of Haugun except Malum Dragonson. Derius had told her nothing of their war plans. Only that he and Schneider were to handle it personally. She had a passing knowledge of the Crimson Knights and no knowledge of The Winter Court.

Ulfric towered over her. With the cold air one would expect to see the puffs of breath escape his helm or at the very least to see it. There was no such indication. She would recognize the armor style to be that of Haugun construction, she was a shrewd woman after all. He ignored her question. His monotone, flat voice rang out.

"Why did you come here to Athas?"

“To prevent the coming battle from dooming my Kingdom, your Kingdom, and claiming the lives of every citizen of Othos.”

She sighed. This entity. From Haugun. Must have been sent to silence her. She couldn’t reason exactly why.

“Is this because of Schneider?”

Ulfric remained motionless, his featureless helm and static pose conveying nothing about he thought or felt.

"No"

He spoke simply.

"Your husband wants you dead,"

Asanna’s green eyes narrowed as she stared at her feet.

“He may have wanted it, but he’s never tried to go through with it. I’ve been the most loyal to him. He’s ravaged my bloodline. Slayer of both my mother and grandfather. So he sends you to complete the trifecta?”

Asanna inhaled deeply. She was a Queen being put to the death in the dark of a cell on a foreign land by a foreigner. There was a bit of poetry to it, though she would fail at this moment to grasp the romance.

“Whatever he has said to convince you to kill me is a well-crafted lie. He is gifted in that skill. Manipulation. Over powerful allies and foes.”

"So you are not even surprised that he would order such a thing,"

His words were still flat, but now conveyed a slight sense of malice, a fleck of human emotion from the man. He seemed to just ignore her attempt to reason with him, pushing on with his own question.

"Do you love this man?"

Asanna blurted out a nervous chuckle and her hung head began to shake.

“Surprised? Yes. Derius would eliminate anything and anyone who stood between him and his goal of bringing Sapientis back. The thought that he’d believe my trip here would prevent that would be laughable if you were not standing here. Othos’ fate was sealed when King Malum asked Derius to assist. I only tried to limit the death toll. No reason for millions to suffer over the conflict between 3 men.”

She paused for a moment, eyes closed as she thought.

“He probably wants as many bodies to sacrifice as possible. Him and his tree. You ask… You ask if I love him.” Asanna’s face blushed in sadness and her tone was mournful and melancholy. “I would say yes and I know he loves me. My curse must be falling for a man as cursed as him; consumed by his ambitions that he cannot ever be happy. He doesn’t deserve to be happy. Most powerful men do not.”

"He loves you and yet wants you dead, what kind of love is that?"

Ulfric asked this simply, his mind cast out.

"You prioritize the lives of your people and that of the Atharians over that of your husband plans. Is that to say you do not wish to see the return of Sapientis?"

“Love is… You must not understand it.” A thin smile flashed on her face before disappearing as suddenly as it had appeared.

“I do not know what the Great Darkness desires, I just know that Derius cares little for the living on his path to bring our Lord back. It doesn’t have to be that way. It is just the way men treat other men. The beings of Regnum should bear witness to Sapientis in his glory with their own eyes, do you not agree? Which means that wholesale slaughter should be avoided.”

“You believe that Derius wants to kill me. I believe that he has a plan. Even you being here, whoever you are, is something he has accounted for. Unless he asked you directly, do not believe to know the Witchking’s desires so strongly. Where does this leave us now, loyal Servant of Haugun?”

Ulfric tilted his head looking at Asanna as if in curiosity.

"You are a rather odd woman," He spoke again, his hand covered in metal moving towards her neck as it then settled on her shoulder.

"I am not going to kill you Asanna. And there is much you assume of Haugun, and much you are blinded by your love for the selfish King Derius... but that matters little, in time all that will change,"

And then Asanna would see a dark, gaseous substance crawl out of Ulfric's gauntlets, wrapping itself around Asanna like a coiling snake. It twisted and twisted, covering every inch of her until even at last her vision was blocked.

Had he lied? Was this it? To be abandoned by husband and country, to die in some jail cell a sea away from your home?

No. It was not over.

Asanna would feel as if she was in a great, thick pool of honey. Everything around her felt like it was clinging to her, so heavy, dropping her down as it weighed on her being. There was the soft chattering of voices, inhuman, indistinct voices that clawed away further at her senses. It was pitch black, nothing could be seen with her eyes, for all she knew perhaps she had gone blind.

And then in a moment, it ceased, her eyes fluttering as she adjusted to a fairly well-lit room. A man on a throne looked down at Asanna as she came to view his face.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Asanna Ralinommu,"

Asanna rubbed her eyes and blinked several times. The man on the throne appeared blurry for a few seconds. She clenched her fists to find strength and stability before her mind put together who she was in the presence of.

Malum Dragonson, King of Haugun.

As quiet as it was kept, there existed powerful ryujin in Taetus. The Sea Serpent was one of them and leader of the Chosen was another. She’d even been in the presence of Elders in her youth. Esenma and Zalzabar were included in powerful ryujins she’d encountered.

She had never been in the presence of one like King Malum.

It was subtle and she knew she was not feeling his true power or aura. She deduced that she was incapable of sensing it. It was how he moved. It was on his skin. In his breath. In the air around him. The feeling was one of the right to rule and the power to enforce that rule. She’d never met a ryujin like this before.

She knelt down in his presence and bowed her head.

“The pleasure to exist in your presence is all mine, Great Elder.”

A faint smile appeared on Malum's face, his cold eyes gazing softly at the fine features of Asanna.

"Do you speak to Zalzabar or anyone else about the man who brought you here?" He gestured an armored finger to Ulfric, his eyes maintaining their gaze at Asanna.

This sentiment again? Asanna kept her head lowered as her eyes slid to Ulfric.

“Great Elder, before today I’d never met this man nor knew of anyone who maintained his description.” This man must be of significant importance. A Haugunite able to sneak into Othos so easily and extract her. She knew that she needed to reassure the King and Ulfric.

“And never will I speak of him to anyone.”

Malum took a look towards Ulfric who gave a slow nod of his head, confirming something unspoken between the two men.

"Well, I hope for your sake that this is true, for now, you shall know the comforts of Morslum as you stay here as my guest..." he paused, looking away from her and off vaguely to the distance.

"...which I think you will find as a far more desirable alternative than how this could have gone," he gave a gesture of his hands towards Ulfric.

"If you would follow me, I shall escort you to your chambers..."

The disappearance of Asanna Ralinommu had caused quite the stir within the city walls of Othos over the next several weeks. Many wondered how she had escaped or if she had escaped at all. Kenrith was furious at the situation, utterly baffled how such a thing could have happened and furious further still that Zalzabar had not even had the opportunity to question the Queen of Taetus. Whatever secrets she held within her mind had remained hidden.

This in general would not concern Zalzabar's group, particularly those who spent most of their time training or preparing for the coming invasion of Athas.

The four adept Ryujin, Anaxagore, Delsanra, Arc, and Kaynus each continued to make remarkable process with their Elder Training. Zalzabar had gotten each of them under a strict regimen of training, getting them so fine-tuned at controlling their aura that could balance and then spin a drop of water on their fingertip.

Each of them was painfully aware at how dangerous this whole training exercise was, Delsanra being the only one not to become greatly damaged after receiving the Will of an Elder. So slowly, ever so slowly they would begin to absorb the large pool of energy that dwelt within each of them. Naturally, Kaynus was the poorest at this the ever stubborn man not exactly able to see the point in sitting around all day 'meditating' although Kaynus, in his own special way, made remarkable process as well.

It was only toward the end of the four-week period that they began truly capable of transforming into their Elder Forms. The event was significant for each of them and each of them were able to achieve it at least once. Though none of them were able to transform into their Elder Form for particularly long.

Delsanra could just about manage sixty seconds, Anaxagore and Arc about forty-five and Kaynus thirty. But oh the amount of power they had in that time, the swelling sensation of the very seas flowing through their veins. To be Supreme! Wonderous! Magnificent! It was an indescribable feeling.

During this time Zalzabar and Esenma would continue to teach Ne'tar on fully grasping his Adept Form. The half-orc had swift process already before back with the breathing exercises he had undergone with Esenma back in the cold mountains of Athas. And so it was only two or so weeks until he was fully able to transform into and out of Ryujin form at Will, and at a noticeable larger size. Zalzabar could not help but suppress a toothy grin at Ne'jin'tar's excitement at not only getting the ability under control but also at the look on the half-orc's face when Zalzabar called him 'Ne'jin'tar' for the first time.

The four adept Ryujin would not just be training in their Elder Forms this whole time, as Delsanra went off to the mage school to learn more cyromancy and Ne'tar to the Healing School to learn under Helen so too would the others be offered magical spells and abilities. Either to be taught by Zalzabar himself, Tempus, Esenma or off also to the mage school to learn what they could.

Anaxagore

[​IMG]

Pheonix Fire Storm - Master Fire Spell

A spell with seemingly no record of having existed. It was a spell Ignis described to Anaxagore, who gave him the details of how to use it and what it does. Whether Anaxagore listened to the so-called 'Primordial Human' was another question entirely.

Pheonix Fire Storm creates an intense, maddening hot whirlwind of fire around the user, capable of melting steel armor of enemy opponents at a close range with seconds. It could also be harnessed into a smaller, slightly less powerful projectile form. If Anaxagore chose to learn it, it would undoubtedly be the single most powerful spell in his arsenal. The primary drawback was that it consumed an immense amount of his Will every time he used it. However, when used in his Elder Form he could use it far more frequently and with much greater ease.

[​IMG]

Flash Fire Bomb - Upper Adept Fire-Light Spell

This spell Anaxagore would find in a shop and not via Ignis. The spell used a small portion of Light Will in conjunction with Fire Will to create a powerful Flash effect that could blind normal people, and temporarily blind Adept Ryujin, and perhaps although it was unproven distract Elder Ryujin.

Arc

[​IMG]

Greater Counterspell - Upper Adept Negation Spell

Allows the user to cancel the casting of Upper Adept and lesser spells.

Arc would already know 'Counterspell' which he could use against anything that was lower adept and below, but this more powerful version would prove far more useful. Counter-acting Master Level spells would still allude him.

[​IMG]

Sealing Sigil - Master Negation Spell

The Sealing Sigil is one of the most powerful Sealing spells and superior to all of the Elemental Sealing spells such as 'Seal of Lightning' or 'Seal of Fire'. It is capable of sealing an adept Ryujin in status when the spell is completed. However, the target must be within the Sealing area when the spell is performed and the caster cannot move or else the spell is broken.

By the end of the four weeks Arc would just have gotten the handle on the spell, but knew that casting and holding a target he would only be able to achieve once per day with his current abilities.

[​IMG]

Shroud - Upper Adept Illusion Spell

Allows the user to become invisible for extended periods of time. The spell also deafens the movements of the caster.

Kaynus

[​IMG]

Blinding Flash - Basic Light Spell

Creates an aura of bright light around the user than stuns those within a ten-meter radius

[​IMG]

Piercing Light - Low Adept Light Spell

A beam of intense, bright light that is capable of piercing through brick and mortar.
    Both Rebecca and Anaxagore would receive their armor swiftly as had been promised to them by Argus the Armorer. Dominus had been involved heavily in the numerous preparations that had been taking place during the four weeks, Rebecca being able to get a first-hand look into the Atharian military. It was professional for the most part, it was not quite as clean and sharp nor as effective as the military of South Osatia but it was a far cry better than many rabbles that wished to call themselves an army. The entire city was in a unified joint effort to defend their home. Anyone that had two pairs of hands helped in that effort, everyone was of use. Some did choose to flee the city, given the option by King Kenrith but many remained. The Will of Athas was too strong in their hearts.

Cretaus himself would continue his temporal training with the enigmatic Tempus, though given his enthusiastic nature had likely requested training and education from as many people as possible. And when he had the time he would receive it. And slowly and ever so gradually he was able to perform the most basic of time spells. Able to divert an arrow so it would 'skip' ahead in time and phase through an object.

Four weeks.

That's all they had. The threat of Haugun and Taetus drawing ever closer, ticking away little by little.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @The Jedi in the Pumas @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @galactic-vagabond422 @Master Vo'Un'Var

Note:
    For this TAG each of you will be doing at least two combos set during the four weeks. One in a scene between Zalzabar and your character and another with any other player character. No, I do not expect you to complete both in a week, and I understand this is indeed a very busy time of year for many people and many of you. So if these take two, three or more weeks I understand. Though of course the sooner the better. ;)

If you wish to do a retroactive post in the scene before, you are more than welcome to.

You are also more than welcome to go beyond these two combos if you wish and if you wish to have a scene with NPCs other than Zalzabar let me know.

The update after this will take us directly into what is happening at the end of the four weeks. As always if you have questions let me know.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Catching up

Delsanra Taenya Helestina
    Moving on...

Delsanra had pulled her hood up, after speaking with Ne'tar. She wanted to go away and have a drink, not stay in this room. She had turned away and was trying to get a moment to herself, when actual Zalzabar, Anaxagore, and Kaynus came through the door. Each of them looked in a rather rough shape.

"Delsanra, Ne'tar if you could lend these two a hand... please..."

Zalzabar had burns all across his back, while Anaxagore's eyes were clearly damaged and Kaynus looked utterly and completely exhausted.

With a look of concern Delsanra moved over towards Kaynus. She doubted that Ne'tar would want to deal with Kaynus.

"Drinks, yes drinks would be good..."

As Delsanra drew close, she heard Anaxagore say “Attend to him first…” He said gently as he gestured towards the young Noble. Delsanra gave a slight grin. "Oh, no you don't. You're both wounded enough. You let us decide." She walked over towards Kaynus softly and began to cast her healing spells. She was impressed as Ne'tar did his healing. She could see that water was his binder, and she found it fascinating as she could feel the energies of his healing magic, and he worked on them. As a mage doing healing spells, it was just simple incantations. But when using more of her Ryujin abilities, it was her ice and frost spells that helped with the healings. So she tried to use her abilities in tandem with Ne'tar in order to assist him.

As the drinks came around, Delsanra took one, but placed it next to her, until she was finished helping with the healing. As she worked, she heard Arc speak.

He coughed. "What about you Delsanra, Rebecca? Thoughts of having a family, if you don't already?" He sipped. "I daren't ask if Netar has propagated," he said jovially.

Delsanra heard Rebecca's response. "No man has the courage." a pause "Or the inclination...Not that I care..." Delsanra could believe that. But, she did believe that there were a few willing to try, that much was certain.

Delsanra shook her head, no mirth in her response. "A question for another time. But not here. And not now."

With that, she went back to helping Ne'tar as much as she could. For right now the only thing on her mind was healing her companions.

And once she was not needed, she would quickly leave the 'kings domain', to make it back to the Inn... and away from everyone else. Far too much had happened, and she needed space. She needed time alone to sort out all of the emotions and reactions that she now was feeling.

For tomorrow, their world would change yet again.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Master Vo'Un'Var @galactic-vagabond422 @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto o@The Jedi in the Pumas

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: A awkward Workplace interaction brought to you by @Sinrebirth and myself)

IC: Arc and Rebecca Dragon

Bar, X days into the month

It had been a fairly intriguing time of it. But it had also been fairly routine, if not boring.

Indeed, had Arc not these three spells to practice - though one he couldn't do all that often (or well), he would potentially have gone crazy waiting for a war to start.

But as he was want to do, he wandered the streets weaving his fingers and absently attempting his counter-spell. More difficult when someone wasn't obviously throwing something at him, but he wanted to have a go at more novel ways of negating magic. Indeed, there was a theory that every living being, magical or otherwise, had a current running through them, for want of a better metaphor. Could he negate that?

And if so, what would happen?

Such was his concentration that he didn't happen to notice the bar before he was, well, on-top of it. He looked up, momentarily startled, and realised there was someone behind him so he dutifully stepped into the bar to get out of the way. When he had space he'd simply turn around and leave -

Wait, wasn't that Rebecca?

He looked over, and knew if she saw him he'd have to wave -

The Laughing Butcher was recovering from a fight in the pit, sure there was a war coming but that didn't stop people from wanting to see death up close, to watch two lost beings try to kill each other. She'd taken a few scratches, but nothing that was serious, they would heal quickly. A whiskey was put in front of her compliments of some of the spectators, for giving them a good fight. She downed it in one feeling the burn in her mouth and down to her stomach. It dulled the pain a bit.

The door opened behind her causing the merc to turn her head brow slightly arched. It was the hooded man, Arch...Archie...Hood. That sounded right.

Catching sight of him she nodded her head slightly.

He nodded back, slightly sketching a salute, and then, well, wondered if she wanted him to come over.

Awkwardly standing there wasn't his style, so he suppressed a sigh, pasted a smile to his body language, and sauntered over.

"Rebecca, wasn't it?"

Why was he coming over? Did she ask for him to join her? She wasn't against it but...? Going with it she made a little room for him as he came to sit down.

"Yeah, uh, Arch was it?" She didn't remember exactly. "We haven't really had the chance to meet have we."

“Arc, yeah,” he said, accepting the seat.

“We haven’t nope, save for my severely under-planned tangent into childbirth.” He sounded fairly sheepish. “Apologies for that..”

"Oh that..." Rebecca sniffled a bit of a laugh. "Honestly not out of the ordinary for this group." Downing another free shot she shook her head. "I mean, the first time I met this group they started talking about...um...mating. I think the Old Lady has a thing about it..."

"Really?" He chuckled slightly, gestured with a gloved hand to the barkeep for something. "My first encounter with the group, well, that was via Zalzy. He had some rather strong words for me." A sniff. "He's a curious one. Way too serious for me."

"He seems to swing between joyous chatterbox to deathly serious with the winds." Rebecca took a long drag from her drink. "I've worked with worse, had one employer that smiled to my face, told me he would lead us into the battle. The day comes he's nowhere to be seen. Later, after the day was won by us mercenaries, we find him asleep in his tent hungover from the night before."

Canting his head, Arc was piqued by the story. "What happened to him?"

He dropped a few more coins in the bartenders hand and two more drinks appeared.

"Thanks." She took another sip thinking back to that day. "Oh he found himself much poorer, lacking in jewelry, and missing a finger. He learned a very important lesson...never keep your warchest in your tent, and never hire Mercs to watch it for you."

"So, what did you do before you joined Zalzabar's Circus?"

Arc was impressed. "Sounds like a fair lesson, and that he had the chance to unlearn his mistake."

Arc was impressed. "Sounds like a fair lesson, and that he had the chance to unlearn his mistake."

"Before?" He hesitated. "Well, I don't really know. I lost someone close to me, and it becomes hazy after that. I was attacked by some people, four, I think - two women, two men... they hurt me, badly. Like, on death's door badly. The scars are quite horrific, thus the Black-Coat all day, all night - it soothes the wounds... the burns..." Arc shrugged. "It just is what it is. I'm lucky to be alive."

"Zalzabar thinks there is something more to it, some great fire within me, but eh. I don't see it. I'm Ryujin, and I can transform into my Elder form, sure, but it's not something I can do." He regarded his gloved palm. "It's something someone else did to me, by all accounts."

He coughed. "Well I went on a tangent there. Sorry, I need to drink more, talk less."

"No reason to kill someone for getting pissed now if he'd tried to kill us, or send us on a suicide mission, then we would have killed him." She explained.

Listening she could help the slight roll of her eyes, of course he was a ryujin, even if he didn't ask for it, big deal she didn't ask for her blood either not that he needs to know about it.

"Sounds rough," She took another drink. "So no memory huh? Just loss?"

"Some loss, not everything, I dunno. I could just have had a really boring life before now," he said, a slight chortle.

"But how does a mercenary of your flavour come to know Zalzabar the Saviour of all Ryujin-dom?" Arc inclined his head slightly, took another drink.

"Oh, I heard a rumor, then found a poster asking for adventurers and promising riches." The merc smiled a toothy smile. "And well, I've gotten paid, not fabulous wealth but more than I've made on any other job. Though I'm waiting for this great riches."

"On that, what are you looking to get out of this great adventure."

Arc paused, covering the process with a swig and down of his current drink.

"Closure," he said drily. "I'll take magical power, mind you. Not so fussed about money, but if that's what drives you, more to you." He gestured another drink over for them, a little shakily raising his glass to her. "To the Adventure."

He lowered his voice.

"To the War."

Rebecca knocked back her drink.

"Yeah yeah to war..." One could tell she wasn't too enthused about staying and fighting.

“I thought a merc would be more fired up to fight,” said Arc carefully. “But I understand where you’re coming from.” He regarded the bottom of his glass. “Doesn’t really seem our place, to rearrange something as mundane as geopolitical borders… but if Zalzabar says it’s necessary, then it is, surely?”

"Look, if the paymaster says stand I stand. Doesn't mean I have to like it. This mission has been changing every day. Every town we come to there's some threat we have to deal with and we more often than not come out the victors but with a cost. We've nearly lost Pretty Boy, the guy with dark hair, Anaxagore in the last fight. And we don't have numbers to lose. But, far be it from me to dictate our next move." She sipped a little more from her drink. "But I do this little war is a waste of time and blood. Again, I'm told to stand, I stand, and fight with all I have."

Arc nodded, satisfied. “If that’s good enough for you, that’s good enough for me.” He waved for another drink, but suddenly saw he had two hands. “Maybe I should slow down…” He wobbled a little on the stool.

"I guess you're a bit of a lightweight huh?" She downed her drink watching her compatriot unsteady on his stool. "This something new you're learning about yourself?"

“I don’t think I’ve ever had this much to drink…” He frowned. “But then again,” he thought. “I remember talking to men in full-body armour. Very shiny. I nursed a drink then.”

A bit wry. “But yeah, I am gonna need to stop.” He wobbled as he stood. “Ah. Do you need anything else from me, before I upchuck?”

"Maybe you were once a Mercenary, not many mages take up the life...if that's what you were." There was a smile on her face as he got up wavering. "Nah, just don't die Black Hood, Can't be losing another of our number."

He saluted, clumsily. “I promise you I’ll try not to do that.” With that he began to saunter off, making finger-gun gestures to some of the patrons, who looked confused - understandably.

Rebecca just shook her head finishing off her drink. Certainly a weird one they'd picked up. But, He would survive, hopefully.

TAG: @Shadowsun @Sinrebirth

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Arc - with thanks to @Shadowsun’s Zalzabar
    Day X of 30

The month was on its way, and Arc was somewhat frustrated to be in the bottom tier in terms for how long he could hold his Elder form, but he had tried not to force it. Zalzabar had said not to, after all. But thankfully he had plenty of other things to keep him busy.

Firstly, these three new spells, which were super fun. He did like fluttering his fingers and casting magic. It was very very fun. He didn't have another word for how empowered he felt by such things.

Secondly, he had his fellow Ryujin to interact with.

But eventually, he knew he'd need to go and speak to Zalzabar. Later in the month, he awkwardly made an appointment with the man, and waited for him to be free. He was absently practicing Counter-spell on the selected day to keep himself occupied.

It was quiet in the room where Arc waited. Zalzabar had been running around like a madman the previous month. Well, Zalzabars with his clones and all.

There was the quiet fluttering of what seemed to be a moth, or... some kind of insect. Trying to make its way to the window. The light... it was drawn to it.

A sudden burst as the door slammed open, Zalzabar swiftly behind it.

"Arc! Arc, my boy! It's good to see you. I take it you wanted to see me? My, my I had not noticed how thin you are, I hope you have been eating all your vegetables... now what is it then I can do for you?"

The boundless energy of Zalzabar came through like a tirade, pulling up a chair as he sat on it facing Arc. A broad, infectious grin spread on his face.

Arc was taken aback by the almost bouncy motion to Zalzabar, and that grin, wow, it was incredible. Uplifting, like, in his very soul. Wow.

Caught off guard, he stuttered his first words. "W-w- well yes, I kinda wanted to," he swallowed. "I wanted to thank you for this opportunity - this teaching -" He regarded his gloved hands. "This power, so I can change things - for the better, for everyone."

“Of course, of course young lad. I am a teacher after all it's what I do," Zalzabar said with the same smile. "Now tell me, have you had any luck in uncovering those lost memories?"

“Not per se," he said drily. "It's not good, is it? Doesn't exactly bleed into my sincerity when I'm wed to this cloak and gloves." Arc's voice lamented. "So I do appreciate you giving me purpose. Without a memory and a goal, I do very much think I would be in danger of, y'know -"

He made an inappropriate gesture and ach noise as if hanging himself.

"Dark, I know," he said with a shrug.
    Zalzabar's smile softened, it carried the same warmth within it. "Well, Arc I'm not sure that's true... I merely showed you the path, only you can give yourself a purpose," He turned his head to the window of the room, looking at the soft light outside.

Ah, look at him there... he can not help himself but be curious as to who you are. Though even I am intrigued by who you are Arc.

Zalzabar then looked back to Arc.

"How are you feeling about the upcoming battle?"

He had some thoughts on that question already, bubbling to the surface; if anything, Zalzabar's warmth was making him more anxious... it was like one of those stories where the calm was merely a prelude for the storm. "It's a part of the process, this battle, but its not why we're here, is it? We're following duty, yes, but how much does this tie to Sapientis? All the way? Or merely enough?"

Zalzabar relaxed in his chair, thinking to himself. Arc would know by now that this is typically how Zalzabar acted. Bubbly and overexcited... though perhaps that just added more to the anxious feeling Arc was feeling. Knowing that Zalzabar seemed to switch personalities at a moment's notice.

The voice within Arc's head remained quiet.

"Well, it relates significantly... Malum Dragonson leader of Haugun wishes to bring Sapientis back... he needs the Dragon-God Artifacts to do that as they are what sealed Sapientis in the first place,"

Zalzabar's eyes seemed to dip with a certain sadness as he looked off to the side.

"If we can stop Haugun here and now... well it buys us more time. Much, much more time. For if there is no one to claim the three weapons then no one can bring back Sapientis..."

His eyes looked back to Arc, the warmth in his eyes now mixed with sadness.

"It is true however that even if we do defeat Malum and Derius at this battle... while it will be a massive blow to the enemy side there will be others to take their place. But time... we will have bought ourselves much time,"

Arc felt a curious dissonance as Zalzabar acted in a familiar manner... familiar to him, anyway. But not, similarly. It reminded him of... something. But he refocused.

"Time is always useful." Arc paused. "I should ask; can we destroy the weapons? I presume not, as nobody has in however many centuries it has been. If we have access to any of them, shouldn't we destroy them?"

“I would also presume no. They were handcrafted by the Three after all. Though I have never actually seen one with my own two eyes so perhaps it is possible. Though it is perhaps also possible that we may be able to slay Sapientis with the three dragon god artifacts..."

He tilted his head in amusement. Thinking for a moment distantly.

"The future is very uncertain, Tempus has been saying it is more clouded than it usually is... which does not exactly bode well... or poorly... I suppose.”

“You’ve tried to look into the future?” Arc was genuinely surprised. “Can you do that?” His mind began to work at all the ways in which that would work - and the advantage associated.

“Me?" Zalzabar said with some disbelief.

"No... certainly not. There are at most only ever two time mages. Tempus is one and it now seems Cretaus is the other. It's... well it connects to a long line of the House of Aeterna in Zafir. Old, old history. But yes Tempus can look into the future... well more accurately possible futures."

Arc nodded slowly. “But your clones, they all feed back into you, no? Why not, I dunno, bury one, and when he wakes up, you’ll know what he sees?” He sounded unsure. “Or something like that?”

“Because if the Time Mages can’t see ahead, I guess that means it’s too tangled to separate out?”

“Well Dominus's clones work like that. I suppose I never explained it to you. But I can only create lightning clones... clones built and formed the lightning that I produce. Essentially they are just a very fancy elemental. Dominus however can create clones that are actual, living clones that are linked to the host. He needs to touch me in order to make the spilt and touch the clone and original to form them back together."

He stroked his chin in thought.

"But in theory what you're saying could work... expect seeing ahead draws a lot of Will the clone might die if you just let the sit for extended periods of time. And yes as you have indicated the future is even more tangled then normal, in more flux than it normally is. Much has yet to be decided it would seem,"

A thought occurred to Arc. “But it’s a problem if you do that, I guess. Because then you’ll create a fixed point… because whatever happens between now and then - has to…” If his face were visible, his brow would have beetled. “Yeah I’m not doing this.”

“Future messy; war necessary; could go either way.” He did a thumbs up. “Have I got it?”

Zalzabar let out a hearty laugh.

"Future messy, war unavoidable, could go either way. yes, that's about it,"

“Good pep talk, boss,” Arc said with a grin.

But the idea of fixing a point in the future… it had become a kernel of something else.

TAG: No one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowsun and greyjedi125 like this.
  8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: a combo post between @Shadowsun and myself)

IC: Rebecca and Zalzabar
    Training Dome

It would be Rebecca's first time with the Dome of Othos. A vast, seemingly endless existence that for now appeared as a lush green plain. Off in the distance, a hundred or so warriors stood in a neat formation, though they stood very wide apart. Dominus stood in front of them seemingly overseeing their training, shouting commands that could only be heard as whispers.

And then there was Zalzabar. Boundless, ever enthused Zalzabar.

"Rebecca! Quite something aren't they... South Osatia might be quite fancy with the regiments and unit tactics but I am sure they do not have a Ryujin Force quite like this..."

Rebecca took a place against the wall overseeing the soldiers in their ranks. South Osatia was quite regimented at least the Regulars were, all shiny in their polished armor. She often served in the irregular forces, the mercenaries. Though she'd never served directly for the Crown. She suspected her Father had once fought for them, many describing her fighting stance similar to that of the Osatian swordsmen.

"Not sure never served with them, but knew a few former members of the Grand Army. Ryujin are powerful, not having them on your side is stupidity."

"Yes, that is true...although we have our fair share of weaknesses," spoke Zalzabar, his head tilted to the ongoing instruction.

"Although I often wonder if the world would be better off without any Ryujin at all," he thought allowed, his eyes shining with a quiet sadness as he glanced to Rebecca.

"The world would be more equal,"

"Well, people will still try to kill each other, and it won't take away the unlevel playing field, just make it not so one sided. But, would make my job a lot easier...Not having to deal with a foe that can just turn into a dragon at will when they see they're losing the fight." She certainly agreed but, there wasn't much she could do about it. Nor would she look to, that was very much above her head. "Sadly we don't live in that world, and thus live at the mercy of those with dragon blood."

"Dragon's Blood..." repeated Zalzabar, his eyes shifting to a faint curiosity. A loose thought connected in his mind as he shifted the conversation slightly.

"Your abilities Rebecca... you are certainly not a normal human, and I do not mean that in a disrespectful manner. But one that can go to toe-to-toe with a Ryujin in their base form without the assistance of an inhibitor orb..."

He gestured to Dominus in the far distance.

"It is quite impressive, perhaps even more so than being a ryujin that amounting to more or less luck. So I think you can understand why I would be curious being the avid learner that I am... your abilities have you always had them?"

"If you call a strong will and determination abilities." Rebecca fired back, not admitting to anything. "Yeah I've had those from birth, had to grew up without a mother, dad had to work hard to keep me fed." A standard reply though there was some admission if Babbling Brook was as sharp as he claimed. "I was trained though, by my father before taking to the sellsword life."

Zalzabar looked to Rebecca for several moments as if studying her expression, before turning to look back at the Ryujin. An explosion of power wafted over him as they transformed into their draconic forms. Rebecca did not budge from his question, he would not pry any further on her abilities.

"Was your father also a sellsword or was part of the South Osatian military?"

There was a sneer on her face as she watched the men and women become their true selves, the might dragons that dominated the battlefield when one was on it. Thankfully most of the time they weren't. But she couldn't help her feelings, what was she doing here, what was anyone not a Ryujin doing here when it seemed the gods among men were going to sort it out themselves.

"Not sure, I think he was a mercenary before he met my mom, though he might have been an man-at-arms or at least trained under one. I never really pried." That much was mostly true. He'd told her about their curse, about how he was trained to control it, or how he learned to.

Zalzabar nodded, tilting his head in quiet thought as several of the Ryujin began to flap their large wings, flying into the air in a formation. Not wanting to pry further as Rebecca was the private type, instead redirected the topic to himself in what he hoped would be seen as a friendly manner.

"My father and I had an interesting relationship... he had... a lot of expectations. Although he died when I was still a relatively young man. Perhaps I was eighty or so when he died. Which granted is the tail end of most human's lives but well... only about a ninth of my own."

He paused, seemingly reflecting on his 'youth'.

"Well, human lives in this age are nasty brutish and short..." At least that was the phrase used around her and her line of work. She was still alive by luck and well her blood. "You're dad expect you to be a hero or something else?" She asked happy to keep the focus on him. The less said about her cursed blood the better, many wouldn't want to be sharing a quest with a mad woman. Though she suspected that everyone already knew she didn't want it out in the open.

Zalzabar considered the question for a moment, he seemed in a more calm state. Not his deathly serious self or his overly bubbly, ceaseless energy, But something in between. The Ryujin in the distance continued to sore through the sky of the magical dome.

"Not exactly no. He trained me to be a warrior, taught me how harsh the world is and can be. He put me through hell and back. I was... I was a very different man back then," he drifted off his eyes shining quietly, a glance to Rebecca.

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm running away from my past or trying to chase my legacy and change it. Perhaps a little a both, but that's the way of an old man like me,"

"Well sometimes you need to break someone to make them. Seen it here and there on the rare occasions I was allowed to witness training in other militaries." She watched the Ryujin take to the air with a shrug. "I guess legacy only matters to the powerful. My father left no great legacy, I likely won't either." What did she care about some ancient man's legacy, or the memories he would leave behind. Most don't even get the chance.

"Legacy only matters to the powerful?" Zalzabar smiled softly looking at Rebecca.

"I don't think that is true. We each leave a legacy, in our actions, in our deeds, in those we love and hate. It matters little if it is big or small as long as you live true to yourself... that's what I tend to believe. As for your father... I never knew him of course... but..."

He tilted his head in quiet thought.

"But I know if I left behind a daughter on this world as strong and capable as you, I would be satisfied with that life. With that legacy..."

The Ryujin then fluttered down, forming back up into their neat ranks as they began to transform back into their humanoid form.

Rebecca kept quiet looking off into the distance. Was she her father's legacy? Did it really matter in the vast scheme of things? One merc doesn't change the world and one child doesn't make a impact. Though she did wonder if her father died happy, did he die fulfilled. All she can remember was sadness in his eyes, seeing the curse overtake her senses.

Would he be proud of her what she had become. She didn't know, and she couldn't be sure he wouldn't hate her. But, what could dead men do to her? Though she did try to not be a complete monster but se was still very much a monster.

With shrug of her shoulders she leaned against a wall just watching.

Zalzabar said nothing as the Ryujin wrapped up, a nod of his head as he spoke a final time.

"Seems they are finished... and as always I'm needed elsewhere, have a wonderful day Rebecca Dragon!" he spoke with his usual tone of giddiness as he swiveled on his foot and began walking away to exit the magical dome.

TAG: @Shadowsun

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    An enjoyable combo with @Shadowsun

IC: Anaxagore

Prelude to War

To fight in this war, Anaxagore resolved to use all tools and all knowledge which were available to him, even that which came from his unconventional benefactor; Ignis.

Did he fully trust the ‘First Son of Argentum’? No, of course not, but he was already committed to his course. He could not deny the fact that his healing ability was restored because of Ignis, or the potential of achieving a form beyond anything he had ever dreamt of was even possible. The raven haired warrior was no fool. Such boons did not come without a cost. The whole affair had the stench of a hidden agenda, why else the demand for his silence?

Anaxagore would watch out for ‘foul play’, but right now he needed to focus.

The adept ryujin trained and trained ceaselessly within the Magic Dome, having recreated a perfect replica of the city and its surroundings. Anaxagore conducted a plethora of aerial maneuvers, caused the anti-ryujin ballistas to fire in order to learn their range and effectivity. He would learn to avoid them and simultaneously used them against the enemy. Even more so, he needed to know the city intimately, to be as familiar with the terrain as possible.

He constantly wondered if Tempus could buy them more time to train, or if he could ‘alter events’ in order to save a million innocent souls. He also thought of branding Cretaus in addition to intensifying the boy’s training, so he could share some of his power with the youth, to increase his chances of survival. Now that he was healed of his ‘taint’, Anaxagore felt he could lend Cretaus enough power to make him at least as strong as Rebecca, but without her crippling condition. That kind of bonding didn’t come without its own risks, therefore he was still just considering it.

Thoughts on full-contact sparring against Dominus were also a strong possibility, as long as they did not keep Zalzabar’s only surviving heir from other critical functions. None of them had time to spare or waste, as it were.

Already in Ryujin form, Anaxagore’s silver scales glinted as he rose high above the city. He surge with power as he imagined facing an enemy battalion.

‘Phoenix Fire Storm!’ he roared out.

The Master Level Fire Spell activated and he immediately swooped at the ‘enemy’ in a funnel of devastating power. He appeared almost as a gigantic coiling fire serpent, lashing out with tremendous fury.

Within moments, the spell ran its course and Anaxagore fell to the ground running in full silver armor, already engaging the ground troops he would encounter, his two-handed sword cleaving at just above shoulder level to all who stood before him.

It was critical for Anaxagore to call upon a ‘second wind’ as the Master Spell ended in order for him to continue on the offense uninterrupted, lest he suffer a jolt of fatigue that would leave him vulnerable.

"That's quite a nifty spell!" called out Zalzabar as he hopped down from one of the conjured buildings to greet Anaxagore. His eyes flashing as he looked to the warrior.

"Why don't you take a break? We can have a chat," Zalzabar then held up a mug filled with water to Anaxagore, a warm smile on his face as he offered it.

Anaxagore spun on his heel having recognized Lord Elder's voice. At once he dispelled his 'Dark Armor & Sword' with a flash of energy, then smoothly ending his revolution with a deferential bow.

"Lord Zalzabar!"

Righting himself, Anaxagore took a moment to catch his breath as he accepted the mug of water from the Elder Ryujin, his own smile mirroring Zalzabar's.

"Thank you." he said after taking a refreshingly big gulp. "I've been meaning to ask to speak with you, seems you always make a timely entrance." the dark haired protector observed. Anaxagore chuckled in good nature, actually appreciating the break from his intensive training.

Zalzabar gave a light chuckle as he looked to the man, taking a seat as wooden chairs began to grow out from the earth beneath them. Zalzabar sat on one, a warm smile on his face as he settled into it.

"I hope you are not pushing yourself too hard Anaxagore, I can imagine you would do that quite easily. Pushing yourself until your very body breaks, rest is important too,"

He laughed slightly as he looked up at the clear blue sky.

"Tell me what's been on your mind, how do you feel as of late young Anaxagore?"

Anaxagore paused a second or two thinking how best to answer.

"To be honest, I have quite a lot on my mind, more than ever before in fact. As to how I feel...well, I wouldn't know where to begin, but I guess concerned would be the general gist of it." There was a small sigh given at that admission.

"I don't know if we'll be ready for this war, or if I'll be ready. There simply aren't any guarantees, not that I am looking for one, but feeling more prepared would be helpful. If I could have more control, then I would feel better about things." Anaxagore almost trailed off as he looked at his hand, slowly clenching and unclenching a fist, snuffing out a tongue of flame, then re-igniting it.

"So, who is Argentum?" He asked plainly, suddenly, after a pause, steel grey eyes falling upon great elder.

Zalzabar eyed the young warrior for a moment, thinking briefly. He could understand that need for control, although it was a double-edged sword. One could not control everything, he knew Anaxagore knew that. But that did not change the feeling of anxiety of what could happen.

"Argentum? Is that someone you have met? I do not know what you are talking about my boy,"

Anaxagore regarded the Elder Ryujin for a long moment, his eyes searching Zalzabar's expression. Was it possible that Lord Zalzabar actually did not know who or what was Argentum? Anaxagore shook his head slightly, embarrassed by his own continued assumptions.

"I....uhm....sorry, Lord Elder. It's a name I overheard. I thought it might be significant somehow. I was merely curious about it and assumed you might know, my apologies."

The young would-be-protector broke eye contact for a moment, as he vainly attempted to move past the shame he felt wash over him.

"Either way, my mind has been busy wondering about some unconventional possibilities, like hiding all non-combatants in here..." Anaxagore gestured with a hand at the magical replica of the city generated within the dome. "....at least until all the fighting is done. Innocents wouldn't need to die otherwise." He observed.

"Some protective spells would come in handy as well, to keep them safe and concealed, I would imagine." he concluded.

"I was also thinking that maybe Tempus could do something like, age all our enemies to the point where they were unable to fight, or stop time around them and imprison them, I mean, a 'Time-Mage' is an exceedingly potent ally, wouldn't you agree?"

The dark haired warrior was pacing now as he spoke his mind, not realizing he wasn't pausing to receive an answer.

"Then there's Cretaus. If I channel some of my power into him, he could become as strong as Rebecca and have a better chance of surviving this war....but....but...."

Anaxagore stopped and turned to look at Zalzabar, a troubled expression etched upon his face.

"It shouldn't come down to you risking your life and teleporting the entirety of Athas to safety. We need to be strong enough to prevent that, I need to be.....strong enough......"

Suddenly, Anaxagore was at a loss for words. The Ryujin adept had fought many, many battles, championed many causes. Won a great many encounters and lost some through the years. During all that time, he'd had no one to worry about. He had been living mostly care-free. But now, everything had changed.

Zalzabar gave a solemn nod, he understood the worries of the young man all too well. His eyes drifted down as thought best on how to respond.

"I am an old, old man Anaxagore. I have lived far longer than I should have and longer than I have wanted to, if this is how I die... saving the City of Othos... that is a fate I can accept."

He paused for a moment, his tone was soft, serious like that of a concerned father.

"But it will not come to that Anaxagore, because we will win. Because we carry in our hearts the Will of the Dragon, to stand up for what has to be done, to save those who cannot save themselves..."

His eyes echoed the warmth in his tone as he placed a hand on the young man's shoulder.

"I know we can do this Anaxagore, I know you can do this,"

Anaxagore stood still and held his peace, appreciating the moment. He wanted to believe Lord Elder, but the nagging sensation inside him remained. The dark haired warrior looked at the Elder Ryujin with his steel grey eyes and smiled weakly. How he wished there was enough time to train even further with Lord Zalzabar, that he could count him as a 'true mentor', the way he did Master Nin and Master Namekian.

Indeed, Anaxagore was deeply grateful to Zalzabar, who had taught him many things that he could not have learned on his own, about his very nature, about being a Ryujin, yet, there was so much more that he did not know, so much that he needed to know.

"My heart's desire is to be a Protector of Regnum -and all those who wish to live in peace."

There was a soft chuckle and a shake of the warrior's head.

"But it seems there can be no peace without war....strange isn't it?"

A pause, then a nod to himself.

"Lord Zalzabar, what must I do to become a true Protector? What feat must I perform?"

The soft, small, kind smile remained on the Lord Elder's face as he contemplated the boy's question.

"I think you already know the answer to that young Anaxagore..." he patted the young man's shoulder.

"Being Protector, a true Protector never ends there is no rest... until... you pass the torch along." He said with a knowing look, appraising the reaction of the young man. He could feel the respect Anaxagore had for him, it weighed on him as it always did in his nine centuries of existence.

"It is a never ending process, you will make mistakes, you will fail and yes you won't be able to save everyone but you a protector, a true protector is one that never caves. Through all the madness, the grief, the devastation... they stay true to who they are and they keep fighting. To the very end."

He paused for a moment.

"Anaxagore. When this battle is over, I want you to succeed me, for you can become what I never could. A protector for all of Regnum, not just a small part of it. Though it will not be an easy undertaking,"

If you would ask him, Anaxagore would claim that very few things could surprise him. That claim would fail at this moment, however. The adept Ryujin found himself starting at Lord Zalzabar in amazement, almost disbelievingly- nearly stunned to silence by what had just been spoken.

"Succeed you?" He stammered. "Lord Elder....I don't think I...."

So many thoughts were colliding inside Anaxagore at that moment, but his heart dared to sing. If Zalzabar himself thought such a thing was even remotely possible....

"Lord Elder...." Anaxagore intoned as he know lowered himself on one knee.

"I am not worthy, but with your blessing, there could be no greater honor for me. That would be my life's fulfillment."

Anaxagore cast down his gaze and paused, much like a squire-supplicant awaiting anointment.

Zalzabar smiled.

"I am glad you accept my boy, and it will be no easy undertaking, but the day shall come..." He gave a nod as he patted the young man's shoulder as he stood.

"Continue your hard work with your training, we shall talk further I promise..." And with a nod of his head Zalzabar left.

Tag: @Shadowsun

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Zalzabar, Esenma, & Ne'tar - Ne'jin'tar! COMBO OF THE AWESOME ONES!
    Dome of Othos

Instead of the normal luscious green swept plains that made up the insides of the Dome of Othos the malleable white void was formed into the desert earth that made formed Xan. Zalzabar had thought Ne'tar's training would be easier in a climate he was used to.

Zalzabar sat on a seat that seemed to made out of dirt, his soft blue eyes watching the half-orc very carefully as he looked to Esenma. She had been the one to instruct him in the test of breath after all back in the mountains of Athas.

Ne'tar had been making steady improvements with his Ryujin transformations, having to rely on emotions less and less, his size growing with each attempt. But he had still not quite been able to transform into and out at will whenever he desired. That had his dragon form was still not to the scale or power of that of a Adept.

So Zalzabar's eyes drifted to Esenma wondering how she would instruct the young lad this time.

Esenma rubbed her eyes. Her head ached. Another hangover. She was...adjusting to staying put in one place - a change for her lifestyle in recent years. If asked, she would deny that the impending conflict was bothering her. Zalzabar could reason it though: she was nervous for their chances of success, of course. She was more nervous about the impending confrontation with her son. He was an enemy and she would treat him as such, Zalzabar would know that, but she was very aware of the differences in their power and it made her feel inadequate. Inadequate was a different feeling for the Skydragon.

[​IMG]

She'd purchased more conservative robes as she settled into having a daily routine. Plus, the robes reminded her of her teaching days. Taking a secret sip from a vial in her bag, she blinked several times before a warm smile settled on her face. Ne'Tar had shown so much growth in rough conditions. He still did not have mastery over his transformations. Zalzabar was more concerned with the strength level of the transformation and it was Esenma's task to get the transformation more reliable.

There were several ways. The easiest way was for the individual ryujin to show her.

"Morning my dear Ne'tar." Her breath became draconic and washed over Ne'tar, again, as in the mountains, the feeling was of soothing positive energy. She waited to see if he would respond in kind before continuing.

Ne'tar come into room, find it look like Xan. Was nice. Smelled wrong, air wrong, but Ne'tar no tell them that. They old, they know and do best they can. Ne'tar work with it. Keep eyes open, Ne'tar drag feet to feel sand. To feel.

Zalzy sit and watch as Granny come close. Did breath thing again. Ne'tar need close eyes for this, take moment. Find own air, and Ne'tar breath breathe back to her. Ne'tar air wash back over her, dry and steadfast alone still, only now Ne'tar note own breath have hint. Like echo at edges. Strong and alone, but not alone. Ne'tar nod at own breath, feeling it as Ne'tar let it go. "Morning Esen. . .ma." Ne'tar nod after finish name. This should not be hard part. Why northern name so unwieldy?

"Excellent! Your voice has grown." She paused for a moment to think on how best to communicate the next step to Ne'tar.

"Your breath is your power. It is Ne'tar staking claim to the area around him. Transforming is basically the same. It is why when ryujin are scared or angry, they are able to transform. The same with the voice, spread your power around your person."

The air around Esenma grew thick with her aura. She kept an eye on Ne'tar as it grew heavier around them. It was the same as her breath, only there were no words.

Ne'tar nod at that. Ne'tar know stake claim to area! Ne'tar take deep breath, step back in soup of old one aura. Sweep leg with toes in earth, make wide circle. Left. Right. Left. Each Ne'tar go back half step. Ne'tar dip head, chest as Ne'tar breath deep. Feel draw and pull on Ne'tar own aura, up and swell. With one hand on the hilt of scimitar Ne'tar beat chest with free hand as Ne'tar roar out old Orc chant that this Ne'tar place! Ne'tar land! Ne'tar Master! Step in and serve, step in and die, or step back and flee! The chant went on in graphic detail about invaders nose, spleen, and how intestines would be made into new belt.

With all this Ne'tar violently push and ever draw on Ne'tar aura, Ne'tar will. Push it out! Swell against aura of old ones. Defy the compression they apply by being here!

Esenma kept her hands from clapping in excitement as she felt Ne'tar's aura rise in defiance of her own. How could she have forgotten the chants of Xan? Of course, that would be the way Ne'tar expressed his own aura. Now he needed to maintain it and use it to transform.

Esenma raised her hands as the wind around them began make a whistling sound that grew in volume to drown out Ne'tar's chants.

"What's that, Ne'tar dear? I can't hear you! I didn't know Orcs had grown so quiet through the years!"

Stamping feet Ne'tar beat chest all the harder. Screaming against wind Ne'tar will reached it's end where he could draw no more. Ne'tar pushed and drew the Ryujin within out, turning the sphere of will he had made the shape of his coming self as his greater form.

Ne'tar scream become a roar as Ne'tar transform!

Zalzabar watched patiently as Esenma took the reins of Ne'tars training. He smiled in utter pride as without great ordeal or with a staggering effect Ne'tar transformed rapidly and swiftly into his Adept Form. Just like that of Delsanra, Arc, Anaxagore, and Kanyus... he clapped his hands together as he spoke aloud.

"Excellent Ne'jin'tar! Excellent!" It was the first time that Ne'jin'tar had ever been called that sincerely by someone. It was quite the achievement for the half-orc. Zalzabar's eyes danced to Esenma as he spoke in further glee.

"I dare say this calls for a celebration! I'll pay for the drinks..." His eyes twinkled with a certain mischief.
    "Not yet, Zalzy." Esenma raised a hand to the Lightning Lord. "You give up praise so easily."

"Now, dispel your transformation, Ne'tar. Then do it again." Esenma lowered her will and aura. The goal was for Ne'tar to have control over his transformation. Complete control. It would be an exhausting process, but she needed to see what the half-orc was made of.Zalzabar looked towards Esenma with a slight huff.

"Have you ever known an adept that was not able to dispel after reaching his form properly?" he gave a little hop, looking at the scale of the half-orcs new form. They would both feel the steady flow of Ne'jin'tar's aura, compared to how it had been disjointed or the staggering sensation it had been before. It was the form truly achieved.

"But if you really want to put him through his paces..." Zalzabar gave a flash of a smile, his eyes glowing blue with the excitement. As he sat down cross-legged looking to the dragon.

Ne'tar beam in new form! Ne'tar did it! Ne'tar feel. . .stable. Solid. Ne'tar sure as sand beneath their feet. Ne'tar lost in look at Ne'tar Ryujin form, not just bigger! Ne'tar tell, mature.

[​IMG]

Red on black spines, deep blue scales, web scale and gut scale like opals shimmer in desert sun. Web long. . .spines make frill near fin! Ne'tar'jin wonder, where he come from? Who besides mother?

Ne'tar shake off notion as Granny push Ne'tar prove Ne'tar earn Jin! Ne'tar breath slow, feel tail and webbing draw in, Ne'tar feel it all draw back. Leave Ne'tar stand there, feel small, feel fuller. Feel too full, draw too much of self back.

Ne'tar body lurch, as if want rid self of bad meal! No come out though, feel though. Feel much.

Ne'tar close eyes and chant softly, sickly. Ne'tar let it out! Spine stretch, maw draw out! Body sprout spines as all draw out, bigger, larger. Here! Ne'tar finish once more and Ne'tar roar defiance!

Ne'tar head drop to sands. Ne'tar no more do. Ne'tar lay as trickle water leak Ne'tar mouth. Make small puddle on sands. Ne'tar lids heavy. Heavy. Ne'tar grown, Ne'tar sigh. Ne'tar done.

Zalzabar rested a small hand on Ne'jin'tar's shoulder, a playful smile on his face as he looked to the eyes of the half-orc. There was a slight spark of electricity between his hand and Ne'jin'tar as he would now feel slightly rejuvenate, not to his full and complete extent but enough to certainly catch his breath.

"Let's get some dinner Ne'jin'tar you have certainly earned it," The Lightning Ryujin gave a nod to Esenma. A smooth quiet motion as he danced his way to the exit, keeping an eye on the half-orc to make sure that he was okay.

Ne'tar'jin's Ryujin form shivered at Zalzy touch. Ne'tar'jin's eyes opened, eye locking on Zalzy as feel energy course through body. Zalzy speak good language. Dinner!

With a zeal Ne'jin'tar, yes that proper way now Ne'jin'tar have clear head to think new name, Ne'jin'tar draw back in spines, tail, bones, and scales. Back to form Ne'tar came in, but Ne'jin'tar stood a little taller, felt a little fuller, stronger despite tired. "Ne'tar. . .Ne'jin'tar could eat." Ne'jin'tar simply state as put leaning hand on Zalzy.

Esenma, pleased with Ne’jin’tar’s determination and success, clapped her hands and followed behind.

“Ne’jin’tar, dear, you did fabulous! Now where are we off to eat?”

Zalzabar smiled, his eyes flashing as he spoke. "The Dragon Pig!"

It was crowded, extremely crowded, the hubbub of moving people, eating, and being waited on. It was a rather modern inn, more of a restaurant and able to be so food-focused thanks to the large population of Othots. Zalzabar's eyes twinkled as he looked over the menu. The three of them were sat in a little booth area with a pitcher of water and three mugs between them.

"I'll have some Lightning mead, along with one 'Dragon-sized' serving of your steak and eggs meal, with an extra serving of cabbage if you that is okay,"

His eyes wafted over to Ne'jin'tar and to Esenma.

"Get what ever you like, I'm paying,"

Ne'jin'tar happy Zalzy and Granny take lead on go to food inn. "For Ne'jin'tar first place. . .Make mine same, replace cabbage with bacon." Ne'jin'tar said with weary toothy grin as then look Granny.

“I’ll have what you boys are having and double it since Zalzy’s paying!”

Zalzabar smiled with an affirmative nod as the waiter went away to have their food prepared, Zalzabar looked to Ne'jin'tar with a broad grin. It would only be a moment before he came back with their three flagons of lighting mead.

"Well? How do you feel my boy? This is a historic day for you! Ah... it was so long ago since I achieved my adept form..." he smiled looking towards Esenma.

"Esenma had not even been born yet, can you believe such a thing?" he said with a teasing tone, as he looked to them both, taking a deep sip of his Lightning mead.

Ne'jin'tar shake head lightly. Age hard picture, especially these faces.

Zalzabar’s comment made Esenma laugh, though she’d remember it for later. The old fart would have to pay the cost when they went out alone later. For now, she enjoyed her drink.

“Ne’Jin’Tar, dear, is there anyone back in Xan waiting for you? That misses you. Such a handsome face and charming way with people, surely you have someone back there you’re excited to see!”

Ne'jin'tar grin droop. Ne'jin'tar look at table, search wood as if that hold answer. "Good traders. Fair boss at stable. Some Ne'jin'tar would like punch face in." Ne'jin'tar shake head with shrug, "That it, no people. Not as Granny mean. Ne'jin'tar miss food. Miss familiar, though Ne'jin'tar never fit."

Zalzabar nodded as he listened to them both, taking another sip of his drink. That lack of belonging, Zalzabar had somewhat presumed that, given the addition of 'tar' in his name after all. It was not exactly a badge of honor in your name. It had been some time since he had been down to the desert lands of Xan, it had... bad memories for him.

He then sputtered for a moment.

"Where are my manners!?! A toast Ne'jin'tar, a toast! Yes to you and all that you have accomplished. May your deeds mark the ever-changing sands of the desert!" Zalzabar then offered up a drink in a toast to the two of them, his excitement manifesting as small tendrils of lightning burst in his hair for a brief moment.

Nodding Ne'jin'tar lift mug, "Yah!" he barked out in reply as he reached out to bang tankards before drinking deep lightning mead. Zalzy spark and sizzle. Ne'jin'tar have head shake from tingle. "To Zalzy and Esenma! May you not die, and enemies blood boil on sands before your path!" raising his tankard again for this toast Ne'jin'tar took another deep drink. Ne'jin'tar need refill soon.

Esenma raised her mug to Ne'Jin'Tar and drank merrily. She was proud of the young ryujin and knew that moments like this were to be cherished. Their path ahead was dark and uncertain. Moments like this were the times to live for.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas , @Shadowsun

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ne'jin'tar & Cretaus - A Combo with Shadowsun
    Finding Little One in Mid-day Sun

Taking break from study Ne'tar. . .Ne'jin'tar, Ne'jin'tar still no feel right that name. Ne'jin'tar sure come in time. Surely.

Ne'jin'tar make way find little human. Ne'jin'tar get order today! Walk with philacha cane proudly, sack on back. Ne'jin'tar soon find little human, wave in beckon motion as Ne'jin'tar move to meet him. "War and trips come! How you fare?" Ne'jin'tar called with grin.

Cretaus had also been taking a slight break from his training. Tempus had been very grueling in his training, and so had Anaxagore for that matter. But Cretaus enjoyed it, every second for it. The young teen jumped slight as Ne'jin'tar greeted him, his meek little face turning round to view the half-orc.

"Oh hey, Ne'tar! Oh I mean Ne'jin'tar, Zalzabar explained that. I'm doing well... I'm still trying to wrap my head around what everyone is teaching me, but I love it!"

He spoke with this with a pleasant smile thinking fondly on the past few weeks. It was a vast improvement to his life in Essatia. That seemed so distant, so far away. And yet doom seemed to loom over them still.

"How are you doing?"

Ne'jin'tar grin large, "Ne'jin'tar study, learn, grow. Ne'jin'tar on path what Ne'jin'tar wanted. Little complains, nothing to mention." Ne'jin'tar say with a nod.

Ne'jin'tar then raise finger, make Cretaus wait. "Little warrior need sign of might. Ne'jin'tar have sword. Clothes of home. Now philacha cane! Cretaus need one, Ne'jin'tar fix that." With a heave he brought around - held forward as Ne'jin'tar kneel - brown long bag with clump in bottom.

Cretaus find the scroll cane Ne'jin'tar pay be made from Red Woman arm! And sachtel of jerky Ne'jin'tar make himself from said arm as well. Less some Ne'jin'tar eat. Cook have taste make sure right done!

Cretaus looked to the cane with wide eyes, his heart genuinely touched that Ne'jin'tar had gone through the trouble of getting him a gift.

He did look slightly confused at the sight of the jerky... it was a bit odd to go with a nice cane. Cretaus inspected the cane, looking it over with the glee one would expect of an orphan that had never received a gift before. Well other than Zalzabar giving him the leather clothing, that was quite the gift.

Cretaus, being the still relatively uneducated and unworldly young teen that he was had no idea that cane was made from bone. It was not particularly obvious either, although he also had no idea what material it was exactly.

"Wow, thank you so much Ne'jin'tar... you... you really shouldn't have, it's too kind..." Cretaus looked puzzled at the jerky once more before looking back at the cane.

"I've never felt a material like this before, what is it made of?"

Ne'jin'tar grin chuckle at little one. Holding up Philacha cane he point to it, "These bone canes. This remind of my home. That remind of time you save Zalzy and everybody life before we come here." Reaching forward Ne'jin'tar rub finger down cane, draw eye to drawings. "Tell of it, so no forget. You take arm of Red woman."

Cretaus recoiled, dropping the cane as it clicked in his mind that the bone was made from the arm of Bellus Dragonson. His eyes were wide with a certain horror as he was utterly puzzled as to what to even say. He looked nervously to the jerky his eyes widening in utter disbelief.

"Ne'jin'tar... is that... is that Bellus too?"

He could barely bring himself to say it.

Ne'jin'tar look confused, hurt as Ne'jin'tar watch cane drop as Cretaus back off. . .like realize hold spider. "Bellus? Ne'jin'tar not know, it Red Lightning lady. That Bellus?" Ne'jin'tar asked with mild bewilderment that was clearing on surety that this was who Cretaus meant. "Ne'jin'tar make jerky, paid other make canes. . .Ne'jin'tar thought mark of pride Cretaus. Way stand tall after war take us Xan."

Ne'jin'tar breath deep and out in huff. "Ne'jin'tar. . .none told not to. Ne'jin'tar. . .no do good? Ne'jin'tar. . .did bad?"

Cretaus eyes looked to the orc and then to the cane and then back to orc. He did not know what to do, the pang of guilt of not wanting to upset Ne'jin'tar, perhaps if had just... no. No.

"Ne'jin'tar humans... humans don't eat other humans! It's not okay!" The human bone cane unnerved Cretaus but in the context of the cannibalism and wanting to not completely offend the orc... He went to pick up the cane stroking it over.

"Thank you Ne'jin'tar... you can keep the j-jerky... the cane is great!"

Ne'jin'tar put hand to chest and bow to little one. "Ne'jin'tar sorry. Should remember Cretaus no want Gob, would not want vanquished foe." Reaching down he picked up the bag of jerky. Securing it on his waist. Tapping the ground a couple times with own cane Ne'jin'tar try think way make this better.

"Cretaus want cane duel? Lunch?" Ne'jin'tar ask with deep brows.

Cretaus smiled, happy to focus on something else.

"Sure," He then went to pick up the cane, tossing it from hand to hand. His brow furrowing in confusion as he then looked to Ne'jin'tar.

"Um... how am I suppose to hold it when I duel?"

Ne’jin’tar nod at Cretaus. “Like this.” Stepping back he held the cane in upper third below handle and drew sword in main hand. Sword forward and body with cane arm raised behind. “Beginner stance.” Ne’jin’tar nod once more firmly, flip dipped cane with loose grip to change position to mid cane and cane arm bent and held close. “Guard stance.” Ne’jin’tar bring arm out and slip shift grip to lower third of cane, cane held back low sweeping forward and back. “Attack stance. Good trip or hit head. Best if one to one, or string opponents. Trip stab repeat.”

Cretaus did his best to replicate the various stances that Ne'jin'tar showed him. It seemed simple enough in isolation but he knew from his training with Anaxagore that once things began to move swiftly in motion it would quickly become much more complicated. Cretaus held the cane again, running through the three stances another time before looking back to the orc.

"So... you ready?" he spoke taking up the guard stance Ne'jin'tar had shown him, his eyes shining with a little thrill of excitement.

Ne'jin'tar look at little boy with grin. Ne'jin'tar may break, but Ne'jin'tar could fix. "Ne'jin'tar was ready food." Shrugging Ne'jin'tar settle into Guard Stance, "This do." Wagging his sword to the urchin Ne'jin'tar waited.

Cretaus waited for a moment before realizing that he was supposed to start the fight. Chuckling nervously he haphazardly shifted into the attack stance and made a strike towards the orc's side. It was a surprisingly fast strike for Cretaus, Anaxagore had been brutal but efficient in his hand-to-hand combat training for the boy. However, Cretaus was still very unused to handling weapons, especially a human bone cane he had just used for the first time. So his strike was sloppy and could easily be countered by the orc ryujin, who himself would be noticing that the movements of others seemed slower than they had before... the passive effect of the adept ryujin form had greatly increased Ne'jin'tar's battle awareness.

Ne'jin'tar bat aside Cretaus attack with flat of blade. Step forward into it, Ne'jin'tar twirl cane at side to push out with lower and whack head with upper. Guard stance good block twists. "Anax do no favor easy on you." Ne'jin'tar mutter. If connect or no connect, this too easy. Anax sleep at blade.

The cane in Cretaus' hand became knocked to the ground as the young teen wheeled around with a defiant look in his eyes.

"Anaxagore is a great teacher!" Cretaus then went a little red in his face as he picked up the cane and looked back to the orc.

"But... I've mainly been doing hand-to-hand training with him, I haven't had much time with a sword," he emitted, which he knew was no real excuse even if he didn't want to admit it.

"Again... let's try it again!" he insisted, coming up the guard position. Waiting for Ne'jin'tar to come at him this time.

Ne'jin'tar chuckle at little Cretaus tantrum! "Little Hume' funny." Ne'jin'tar add with shake of head. "Ne'jin'tar no say bad, say easy. Cretaus say same. Not." Ne'jin'tar shake head before rush in. Feint scimitar in slash to shoulder chest, switch cane grip to hold near end. As scimitar return, can swing out in Attack Stance and swept forward to hook Cretaus' legs out, use cane handle as hook to catch and pull. If work, Ne'jin'tar should have blade to Cretaus' cheek. End fight. Again.

Cretaus could feel it, the flow of battle that Anaxagore had spoken about. There was a moment where he smiled his cane coming round in a large strike to Ne'jin'tar's side, not coming up to defend himself as then...

Time skipped and the path of Ne'jin'tar's cane was now on the other side of Cretaus. Cretaus' cane then came smack across Ne'jin'tar's neck... the boy likely looked as surprised as Ne'jin'tar. He then dropped his cane and started jumping up and down in excitement.

"I did it! I did it! Tempus will be so happy, I integrated my magic with my fighting!" Cretaus then did a little dance of joy as then looked to the orc, his face going a tad red as he stopped.

"Oh... ummm... sorry I guess we did not agreed to use magic... but you used your scimitar! And I thought it would be a cane duel!" he said in a half-defense as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Are we all good?"

Ne'jin'tar slowly twist head, crack neck as Ne'jin'tar listen Cretaus speak. "Cretaus want everything? Ne'jin'tar fight everything. No promise Ne'jin'tar able put back together after. Ne'jin'tar do best, Cretaus want?"

Shifting into a more aggressive stance as water near them, sweat on Cretaus body begin shake. "Or we eat." Ne'jin'tar shrug. Wait see what Cretaus want.

"Yeah... food sounds good," he said with a trembling, trying to catch his breath. His usage of magic had taken more out of him than he had expected. His head felt lightheaded stumbling slightly as he caught himself.

TAG: @Shadowsun , @Darth_Elu

12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Zalzabar and Cretaus
    Family

It was the dead of night when Zalzabar knocked on the door of young Cretaus.

"Cretaus! Cretaus are you awake?" he spoke in a loud whisper, Cretaus eyes fluttering in the dark. "Yes, yes I am," he replied at last. The door ever so slowly creaked open, Zalzabar rushing in with a maddening grin on his face. A crackle of electricity springing in his hair. "Come my boy, I have something to show you!" he spoke grapping Cretaus by the hand and practically dragging him out of bed as in tandem they rushed upstairs.

"Um... o-o-okay," spoke Cretaus in confusion as he was rushed off. In a moment they made their way up along the stairs and onto the roof of the bath house where Zalzabar fashioned two seats and pointed upward at the sky with an excited grin.

[​IMG]

"Do you see that? That is a constellation known as the Horn of Caelum, it very rarely appears and when it does it is said to bring good luck to those that see it," spoke Zalzabar with an excited grin. Cretaus looked up to the night sky, his eyes squinting. He could not see and particularly discernible stars to suggest there was a 'horn' in the sky. Cretaus was quite confused by what Zalzabar said.

"I... um..." he began before Zalzabar cut him off.

"Look Cretaus, look there," redirecting the boy's head in the direction of the constellation. Cretaus stared for several more moments before making out a pattern of nine brightly shaped stars arranged in the shaped of a cone with the tip of the cone being the brightest star of all.

"Oh I see it! I see it! It is so beautiful," he stated his eyes shifting to Zalzabar with almost a look for approval.

"Excellent! I thought you would like it," he spoke, settling into his seat. Cretaus did the same. The silence hung for several moments, the young teen unsure what, if any to say. After a moment Zalzabar then spoke.

"Your training with Tempus. How has it been?" Zalzabar continued to look to the sky as listened to Cretaus.

"It has been intense, and Tempus has been explaining to me about my... umm... responsibilities... and the time magic it is taking some time wrapping my head around how it works exactly..."

Zalzabar nodded with a smile.

"Time is one of the most fickle and most powerful natures there is... I am sure Tempus has explained that to you well,"

"He has," responded Cretaus, fidgeting for a moment as he looked down.

"Um... Zalzabar I wanted to t-thank you... for everything. The clothes, the money, the direction of my life... none of it would be possible without you," Cretaus looked off to the side, his eyes twinkling with quiet thought as he waited for Zalzabar to respond. He chuckled lightly at first.

"Cretaus you have nothing to thank me for, in fact perhaps I should be apologizing. I am about to drag you in to hell to fight in a country so far from your home and your family... ah..." spoke Zalzabar realizing what he had said.

"Well that's just it Zalzabar. You are my family," Cretaus stated simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Your my dad," he said with a warm smile, before turning away as he felt stupid for saying it. Zalzabar's mouth stood open in quiet surprise, he did not know how to respond. He was caught completely off guard. It made sense, the young teen had no family for most of his life and so... And then memories. Zalzabar looked away the look of pain filled his face and heart. His fist clenched in frustration.

"I... I am honored Cretaus... that you think of me as such" he spoke at last. He then brought himself to look at the young lad, ruffling his hair. He paused for a moment. "I once had children of mine own long, long ago. But they became lost to me..." spoke Zalzabar, the pain was evident in his voice. "The three knights became my children in a way... before... Audacia and Veritas..." he trailed off his face looking down in shame. He could not allow another child to die. Too many had been lost.

"I will take care of you Cretaus, I promise," he said with a warm smile.

TAG: No-one

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    An enjoyable combo with our GM, @Shadowsun [face_coffee][face_cowboy]

IC: Anaxagore & Cretaus
    Nascent Protectors

Anaxagore had arrived a few moments ahead of schedule, as he waited outside the chamber he believed Tempus had been mentoring Cretaus. In truth, the Adept Ryujin had been so consumed by his own training, he’d rescheduled his visit with their youngest team member more than once. Furthermore, Anaxagore had still to fully digest the fact that Cretaus was able to perform ’Time Magic’, the rarest of all discipline- and all thanks to a blessing from the Three.

That alone, he felt, confirm his initial impression of the youth! Cretaus was worthy and full of untapped potential- so much so that the Three had chosen him from among humans! Aside from learning Time-Magic, it was clear that some martial training was also in order.

Anaxagore sighed and took a calming breath.

War would soon be upon them all and there was not enough time to train, not in his estimation. So, if he could not teach the boy everything, he had to make sure that whatever he did teach him, Cretaus would learn it well. But not only that, maybe he could do something else. Thus, Anaxagore paced and waited, until it was his turn to do his bit of mentoring of his young friend and traveling companion.

Cretaus' bright eyes and warm smile greeted Anaxagore as he saw him arrive in the Dome of Othos. The young boy had taken a quite the liking to the young man, he seemed. Well he seemed like an older brother of sorts. Cretaus could not help but feel that way, perhaps because he yearned so much for familial connection.

The young teen looked to Anaxagore with bright, earnest eyes.

"Anaxagore! I hope you are doing well, I'm very excited for you to um... teach me..."

Tempus's training had been tough, thus far it was still very early on, but he even Tempus had said that Time Magic alone would be of little help without further combative skills.

Anaxagore couldn't help the wide smile that came to his face. Young Cretaus did seem more confident now in his bearing, yet was still as humble as he remembered.

"There you are!!" Anaxagore responded brightly, ruffling Cretaus' hair in a playful manner. It took him a second to realize that Cretaus may have gotten slightly...taller? The boy was certainly growing, in all the ways that mattered.

"How was your training session with Tempus, have you learned to turn lead into gold yet?" Anaxagore joked, well aware that Cretaus was learning to control Time-Magic and not seeking the secrets Alchemy.

"Are you hungry? I know I am. Let's grab a bite to eat, then we can chat."

Having a bit of normalcy was important, especially with the threat of impending war constantly looming over every waking moment.

Creatus' eyes grew wide. You can turn lead into gold? He thought to himself in astonishment. And then he saw that Anaxagore was laughing... oh he was joking. Cretaus chuckled along as he then nodded.

"Yes I'm quite hungry actually," he spoke with enthusiasm. Cretaus felt like he had an endless appetite as of late. He had never eaten so well in his whole life then he had in the last few days, as a result he was a little smaller than many other teens his age. But well, that was beginning to change.

"Oh ho! I see. It's good to have an appetite after a good workout." Anaxagore quipped as the two began to walk down the street, heading towards a local eatery. Anaxagore liked the food there, as well as the view, especially that of the fair elven waitstaff.

"Looks like you're filling out nicely there. I can actually see your bicep." The Adept Ryujin half-teased. He was about to say more, but the scent of well cooked food caught his attention.

"Mmmm, that certainly smells good. Let's hurry." He said, beckoning for Cretaus to quicken his pace.

Cretaus chuckled at Anaxagore's quip, picking up his pace behind the Adept Ryujin. He could feel his stomach rumble as he the waft of mouth watering food reached his nose. His mouth practically salivating at how good it smelled. How could even possible be this good? Cretaus could still not quite believe, that at the little clang of money he felt in his pouch. He had been to the bank the day before with Tempus and Zalzabar to receive his first official payment. Cretaus had never seen so much silver, and he still did not truly appreciate how much money it was, but was endlessly thankful all the same.

Within moments, Anaxagore led Cretaus into 'The Soaring Hippogryph', a decent sized tavern and eatery frequented by locals. From the welcoming reaction of the hostess, one would surmised Anaxagore also frequented the place, since he and his guest didn't need to wait in line to be led to a table within the somewhat crowded, yet jovial interior. One could say the establishment's patronage was of a mix kind, counting the well to do and those who relished adventure, as well as those who appreciated the finer things in life, but without so much pomp and circumstance.

[​IMG]

A fair barmaiden was called to lead the two heroes towards an empty table, which was reached shortly, at which point she bid them sit. Two tankards of water were brought and a basket of buttered bread.

"What would you like to order today my lords?" The fair barmaid inquired, a coquettish smile adorning her lovely face.

"Well, uhm, let's see. I'll start with a double portion of Atharian flounder sautéed in garll sauce, atop a bed of jasmine ricesu, sweet taters and peas, and a flagon of meal-wine."

Anaxagore smiled charmingly at the barmaid who blushed as she averted her eyes, though she quickly composed herself before addressing Cretaus.

"And you my young lord, what would you like to order?" she asked.

"Order anything you'd like..." Anaxagore whispered encouragingly.

Cretaus took everything in with a quiet awe. His mouth hanging slightly open as he took in the dazzling surroundings and atmosphere. And everything smelled... so good. He settled into his seat as he continued to look around for several moments before the barmaiden and Anaxagore started speaking to him. His face went a little red as he had not been paying attention at all.

"Oh! Ummm..." he looked up at the face of barmaiden before turning a deeper shade of red and becoming suddenly very interested in the wood of the table. His eyes nervously staring all over it. "I'll have whatever he is having..." The barmaiden gave a nod and a friendly smile as she put in their orders as Cretaus then looked to Anaxagore.

"So...um... how have you been? What have you been you to?" spoke the young teen keenly.

Anaxagore chuckled in amusement and gave a playful tap to Cretaus' shoulder. Inwardly, he wanted Cretaus to enjoy life, to learn so much, to grow and become a respectable man in his own right. It felt wrong to have found the perfect candidate to train as a Protector, just to have that opportunity taken away. No, he couldn't allow himself to think like that. However, the future- it was uncertain.

"Me?" Anaxagore exclaimed, feigning surprise as he took that moment to get his mind back in the present.

"I've been training day and night. Working on Mastering my control over higher levels of Fire Magic, on prolonging my Ryujin state while remaining at full power. It's definitely not as easy as it sounds." Anaxagore shook his head, a thin smile gracing his features.

"But there is some good news...!" He now sat up straighter, his steel grey eyes brightening. "Lord Zalzabar has officially made me Heir-Protector!! I mean, there wasn't an official ceremony and I haven't signed any documents, but he named me thus. Which means you could become my official apprentice, should you be so inclined. I'll be training you regardless, of course...but that would be incredible! We could continue Lord Elder's legacy."

Anaxagore paused as he regarded young Cretaus, not quite able to keep the excitement and expectation from his manner. Family and Legacy was something that all three of them had some issues with, despite wishing for a more ideal reality. Perhaps this way, amends could be made. Of course, now that young Cretaus was training to be a Time-Mage, matters could become more...complicated.

Creatus's features shifted to that of a wide broad smile. The excitement of Anaxagore caught on to him like an virus. "That's wonderful news!" he spoke... and then his face becoming taken aback by the mention of 'continuing 'Lord Elder's' Legacy'. Cretaus almost began to tear up, recalling his own conversation with Zalzabar.

"That is... that would be quite amazing..." he spoke looking down in a slight amount of shock. It all still did not feel quite real, like a dream he did not want to wake from.

"Hey, if that's your happy face, we'll need to work on that." Anaxagore teased. Did Creatus mean to say yes? or was there something else?

"Listen, take your time and think about, no pressure from me...." The dark haired warrior half-joked. "In the mean time, we'll need to get you trained and make you strong enough to become the Grand Marshal of the entire Atharian Militia."

Anaxagore had his own ideas concerning the 'stronger' part, but he didn't wish to rush things at that very moment.

"You smell that? I think our food is here!"

One look to the side and his statement was confirmed. A pair of trays containing two large fish cooked with delectable specifications ( each ) were placed on the table by servers, along with the flagon of meal-wine.

"Please enjoy my lords." The barmaid intoned, a smile on her face as she gave a curtsey, then took her leave, allowing the two heroes to enjoy their meal.

"Dig in my friend." Anaxagore encouraged once again, as he availed himself of the provided cutlery and followed his own advise.

Cretaus chuckled at Anaxagore's teasing comment. "Sorry I'm just... it's a lot to take in..." he spoke as he felt the amazing aroma of fish waft towards them. He chuckled at the mention of 'Grand Marshal', he appreciated Anaxagore's light teasing. It made him feel more relaxed.

"Oh boy..." he spoke as he looked down at the meal, his eyes watering with anticipation as he looked to Anaxagore and to the meal and back again. He did not need to be told twice to dig in to his food like a starving dragon. His manners were in need of work, that was for sure as he wolfed down the food.

The Ryujin Warrior and the young Time-Mage proceeded to enjoy their meal which was prepared to delight the culinary palate. It was a fine bonding moment between the two, the mentor and older brother with the younger one turned apprentice. Anaxagore ate, enjoying the moment, inhabiting the simple honor of having Cretaus' company. It was a strange feeling, having to share him with other 'mentors' as it were, but only now did he understand how Master Nin had felt about Master Namekian. In the end, all that was done was in the best interest of the student. That notion was indeed, ironic.

Anaxagore stole furtive glances as he imagined Cretaus as an adult. A human Noble and Protector, how fantastic was his imagination, so much so that it made him smile all the more. Perhaps he could visit Tempus himself and concoct a stratagem that could bring about such a future.

A melodious sound caught the warrior's ear and he turned his head, a twinkle coming to his eyes. This is why he requested to be seated near the bard's station. Beautiful music and singing, the kind gifted from the gods themselves began to be played by a beautiful elf female and her companions. Anaxagore took up his tankard as he nodded to Cretaus to listen, to feel the transporting melody.

"This is one of the many reasons why we must win this war...." He whispered.

Cretaus finished his food, a light small burp escaping his lips as he looked awkwardly off to the side. He listened to the beautiful music and his eyes closing as he swung his head in rhythm to the music. The soft words of Anaxagore flowing over him.

He opened his eyes, looking down as he felt his body swing with the movement. Yes it was precisely why they had to win, he knew it. Cretaus looked to the older man a nod of his head and look of determination burned into his eyes. That was one thing Cretaus had in spades, strength of will. He would have never gotten this far if it was not for that.

He wondered absently about his three main teachers. Zalzabar. Tempus. Anaxagore. Each of them had taught them different things, and stood as different things in his life. Father. Uncle. Brother.

It was so grateful to them all. Even in this short time frame he had grown beyond what he once thought was possible, and he would fight to protect it. They were, all of them, the only family he had ever known. He was not about to let them be taken away from him. Even if they were all much stronger than he, he would do something. This he vowed in his heart.

Anaxagore watched Cretaus carefully, sensed the energy stirring in the young teen and then, he saw it solidify in his eyes, that look of determination. But it wasn't just a look in Cretaus' case, it was a total state of being, resolute, unshakable-immovable, quite unheard of for someone his age. It was the boy's greatest attribute, for with it, he could accomplish anything.

Polite applause filled the room as the music came to an end. Anaxagore himself applauded in response to the melodious performance and the beautiful singer.

"How would you like to be imbued with a measure of Ryujin strength, hmmm?" Anaxagore asked quite casually of his younger charge.

Cretaus's eyes searched around for a moment as the clapping began swiftly joining in after a moment. He smiled he had quite enjoyed the music and dancing, one of those simple pleasures he had never truly been able to enjoy. His eyes then shifted to Anaxagore with a proposition.

"Yes!" And then he paused in confusion. "But um... what does that mean?"

"I'm glad you asked." The Adept Ryujin answered, his mood still ebullient.

"At the core of what I have in mind, it simply means that we'll be linked and you'll be able to drawn on my power to enhance your strength, speed and vitality. You may even be able to regenerate wounds...and quite likely age slower even."

Anaxagore paused so the Cretaus could consider his words.

"It requires a powerful bonding spell, one where you wear my personal brand. As long as I live, you'll be able to draw on that my power. Of course, this can only be accomplished with your consent. I believe you have the will necessary to manage it. Consider it an 'empowerment' , a kind of preparation for the war. Like that, you'll be able to fight alongside any of us without issue."

The Heir-Protector gave Cretaus a 'thumb's up', cheering him on as he continued to pitch the idea.

"I've given the idea a great deal of thought. Imagine being as formidable as Rebecca, while being able to use Time-Magic. That's pretty fantastic if you ask me."

Anaxagore nodded, before adding one more thing.

"Needless to say, I'll have to double check the spell components with the great mages of the city, just to be sure all is in order. I even picked a stylish draconic rune for the occasion. I think we'd make quite the team you and I."

Steel grey eyes regarded the young Time-Mage as Anaxagore fell silent and simply basked in the moment and the idea of what could be. Certainly, he was taking the idea of 'stronger together' to another level, but he felt he needed to do something, not only to ensure that Cretaus survived the war, but also that everyone would be strong enough, so Lord Zalzabar would not need to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Cretaus nodded along, his brow furrowing in mild confusion. All this 'magic' talk was still pretty new to him, Time Magic was difficult enough to wrap his head around, but this soul bonding?

"I'll be as strong as you?" Cretaus said questioningly, not quite able to believe that such a thing was possible. "That sounds amazing!" He nodded his head as he thought it over. "Yes, yes I'll gladly do this with you Anaxagore it sounds awesome," He smiled encouringly at Anaxagore. Cretaus wanted to get stronger, he needed to be stronger. He could not be baby sat like he was with Zikki and the Goblins. He would do anything to ensure his friends remained safe after this battle.

"Well, I guess that's settled then." Anaxagore said, smiling and inwardly relieved that Cretaus had agreed. Of course, he still needed to confirm if the link would occur in the way he imagined it. He needed to be certain the magic would work without bringing harm to himself or Cretaus, but for now, they could move forward with this goal.

"A toast then." Anaxagore said, raising his tankard.

"Brothers and Protectors!"

"Brothers and Protectors!" Cretaus repeated with a giddy look on his face, raising his mug in kind with Anaxagore's.

Tag: @Shadowsun, @galactic-vagabond422 *mentioned ( @Darth_Elu )

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  14. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    COMBO w/ @Shadowsun !!

A Note....From Esenma was left on Zalzabar's bed one night. It only had a name:

The Sympathetic Needhorse
    A high-class, very expensive tavern in an inconspicuous corner of Othos.

It was a slightly odd place to put a note. Zalzabar thought to himself. He essentially never slept, his lightning magic allowing him to rejuvenate himself during quiet moments of reflection. However he did like to come to his room to do so, and so he spotted the little note a chuckle residing on his lips as he made his way toward the tavern.

[​IMG]

The tavern was a buzz. Every patron dressed in lavish and luxurious clothing. It was Esenma’s voice Zalzabar would hear above the music and crowd. In a back corner she was slapping her hand down on a card table, yelling obscenities at a man she was accusing of being a cheat.​

Zalzabar chuckled to himself as he viewed the ongoing scene. Raising a hand up to order himself a large mug of lightning mead. Fuel for the chaos that was going to be this situation. After collecting his drink and taking a swift glug of it he waddled over beside Esenma looking to the man she was accusing.

"Come, come Esenma do I have to bring up that underhanded move you pulled back in...er.... where was it... you know the... the... wait, wait I got it... the tavern in South Zafir, you know the one... well I remember you were quite the minx with it," he said with a wink. It was a contention point they had debated over fiercely for past two hundred years, the details becoming murky in memory but the feelings never lost.

Esenma shot Zalzabar a piercing glare before turning her attention back to youngin she was yelling at.

“Another round then, you warthog.”

“You be runnin out o’things to bet, lass. What’dya got to wager?”

Zalzabar could see that Esenma was in a full on drunken binge. A twinkle in her eye; the kind of twinkle that meant that she was coming up with some troubling ideas.

“Down by the stables, Zalzabar and I have a two horses. The fastest in the land. We’ll wager them.” She said with a devious grin.

Zalzabar let out a slight sigh, downing his drink in a single gulp. He needed to be much drunker for this, that much he could tell. He gestured over for his drink to be refilled as he looked to the man Esenma was gambling against. He cast a glance to her that communicated to her.

If you lose this I'm going to be mad

He then smirked, with that classic Zalzabar twinkle in his eye as he looked back to the other man.

"Well, you heard the lady, better make it good,"

“Alrighty then. 20000 I’ll match ya. The great gambling mistress sky dragon and the lightning Zalzabar… Looks like we gonna be eatin well tonite lads!!” The large bearded man replied, to a raucous roar from his comrades.

Esenma drank another mug of mead down and readied her cards.

An inchworm was placed on the table and they both threw out 2 cards. Esenma had the higher hand. She’d won the first. A bartender quickly grabbed a jug of water and dumped it over an elven man.

Uh oh.

Esenma was hoping her hand would hold. She picked up the inchworm and placed it on Zalzabar’s head. She then rubbed his head furiously while the bearded man set fire to the beard of his dwarf right hand man.

“Cmonnnnn Zalzy, give me some charge!!”

Zalzabar eyed Esenma... if she was not drunk he might have been a little annoyed with her, but whatever, he did not care too much. His hair crackled with electricity as he took another deep draft of lightning mead, his blue eyes flashing with a gleam of mischief.

"You won't hear the end of it if you lose..." he spoke with a grin, waiting to see if Esenma would win or lose.

“YES!!” Esenma cheered as an egg appeared atop Zalzabar’s head before the bearded man’s beard went up in smoke.

She slammed the egg on the table. In the shattered remains of the shell… her winning card: The Queen of Butterflies.

Her opponent let out a grunt and punched his comrade who failed him. Esenma folded her arms and let out a cackle.

“Now that’s how you play Elden Card Tennis! Zalzy, you’re as lucky as your are wacky!”

"Well... of course I am," spoke Zalzabar rather smugly in a joking fashion as he downed his fourth... fifth? sixth? flagon of lightning mead. A cheery, borderline terrifying cheery, smile on his face as he too let out a burst of laughter.

Tag: no one

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Combo with the great @Shadowsun

Zalzabar and Delsanra
    A quiet moment in time

[​IMG]

Zalzabar looked to Delsanra, his head tilted in quiet thought. They were not in the formless, malleable void where they so often trained. Instead, they were in a quiet, private courtyard, a single tree sprouting upwards in the middle of it, with green stretching out from it. It had only been a few days since the disappearance of Asanna and Zalzabar had been meaning to catch up with Delsanra about what she had viewed in the Eye of Caelum.

"So Del... I know you are not on the same terms with Kenrinith that I am... I've known him and his family since this country was founded so there is a deep trust that runs there. But well... what's done is done after all..."

He spoke with a keen smile rubbing his hair with a crackle of electricity.

"It must have been quite something to open the Eye..."

Delsanra was enjoying this new view. A private courtyard was a wonderful site within the city, and she was willing to take it all in stride. So as she sat on the warm grass, relaxing, Zalzy started up, talking about the King. She tuned him out. It was days after the fact, and she no longer gave it any thought. There was far too much to worry about something in the past. But then, he quickly changed the subject.

"It must have been quite something to open the Eye..."

Delsanra leaned back on one arm, as she considered the statement.

"It was. It was almost like being in two places at once. I knew I was in my room...but when it opened and began to unfold.. I am not afraid to admit I was lost, not knowing what to expect. And the avatar...." Delsanra smiled softly, shaking her head. "Lets just say it was an otherworldly experience."

Delsanra tilted to head slightly and held out her hands, palms up.

"I dont know if there enough words to explain it all. But I can show you some of it, if you wish...?"

She waited quietly for his response.

Zalzabar smiled brightly, his eyes buzzing with the excited energy of a student wishing to learn something. It was very rare these days for Zalzabar to be in the position for someone else to teach him something. He utterly relished the feeling.

"Yes, I would very much so wish,"

Delsanra gave a nod of her head, returning a small smile of her own. Zalzabar's mood swings were a thing to behold, and sometimes confusting. But she believe she understood his emotions. And in truth, she had been wanting to tell SOMEBODY what she had seen and felt. It has been an exzilerating moment, and to be able to share it with someone, would be a welcomed release.

Delsanra moved her hands forward. She cupped them slightly, as she murmored softly, her eyes narrowing. She then smiled again, and opened her hands, as an a small illusion began to form within her hands. She spread her hands open slightly, as the illusion grew. She started the illusion, from the moment she had spoken to the orb, and how it had opened up for her. She didnt say anything, but simply let the images form. She let the image run, until the avatar made himself known, and then she froze the immage, letting Zalzabar take in the moment.

"Zafyrus... I mean the Avatar seemed to know some things. He spoke about Cretaus..and him being a time mage. And he also stated that Sapientis cannot be freed without the Crown of Caelum..." Delsanra held the image. "The immense power coming from him, was all encompasing. I could smell the scent of very powerful magical tomes when the orb opened. I... "

Delsanra grew silent and smiled again. She knew she could come nowhere near the original, but she added the powerful sense of magics she had felt into the image briefly. She let the voice of the avatar flow through the illusion she was now displaying..

"Sapientis... I am familiar with this name... the usurper who wished to defy the Three... Gelida, Ignis... two halves of the whole... "

She paused again, and looked up towards Zalzabar, seeing if he wished to continue.

Zalzabar nodded along as he watched the illusion.

"It is welcome to have that information verified by another source... all of what you have told was known to me... but I wonder... how old is this being exactly? Curious, most curious," he spoke more to himself than anything else but was still greatly intrigued and curious to see what else this 'Zafyrus' had to say.

"Zafyrus... kind of sounds like Zafir doesn't it?"

Delsanra nodded slowly. She then continued the playback

"Taetus... I am not familiar with this nation... I must have been in slumber for thousands of years..."!

"Xan... you speak of this as if it were a place...desert... I presume you are referring to the Birthplace of the Orcs... it would seem much of Aequus has changed as I have slumbered"

Delsanra responded quickly. "Yes, it is the place the Orcs call home. I would guess much would have changed. I can show you, if you wish." she added. The avatar spoke, "So the worshippers of Sapientis have decided to resurrect him... why not simply kill them Child of Pelagus...you have the Eye of Caelum, he cannot be freed without the Crown of Caelum..."

Delsanra sped up a bit where she had down the Avatar how the world looked nowadays, and continued on:

"Did you say Noxtoten...? A Necromancer you say? Oh, sweet Child... if he has the Eye of Pelagus... The Forces of Darkness move swiftly..."

The being paused hovering slightly off to the side as if in thought before turning back to Delsanra.

"I see... the world has indeed changed much since I was last awake... the Eye is no weapon, none of them are for they hold a piece of the soul of each the Divine Triad. You could call me the Avatar of Caelum... but in the past I was known as Zafyrus..."

The being then turned back away from the Snow Elf.

"Despite all that has changed it seems the legacy of the Time Mage still continues... this is welcoming to see... the boy is blessed to touched by Tellus..."

The being then paused again... quiet in its stillness as if frozen in thought.

"Avatar.. Is...everything alright?" she asked, concerned.

"No child... if what you have spoken is true then the Forces of Sapientis are far, far stronger than I could have imagined... I shall grant your request and inform you where the Crown of Caelum is located... For you to be able to open this Eye you must have been worthy of that I am certain"

Zafryus paused once more, before speaing again. "It would appear that the Crown is worn by a being known as 'The Blind Fairy King' who rules the fallen Kingdom of the Faries in the Northern region of Zafir..."

"I grow weary Child of Pelagus... is there anything else you wish to know... or any other way I can help you?"

"Will I be able to track it?"

The Avatar of Caelum gave a nod of its head as it looked at her,.

"If close enough you should be able to sense it... but there is a high likelihood that this 'Blind Fairy King' is masking the aura of the Crown. You can always call on me again if you have need of me Child... but as I am so disconnected from Caelum himself I ask that you only do so once a day,"

The being gave a bow of its head as it then began to start falling back into itself, the reversal of the wonderous process she had witnessed just before. It was just as wonderful to watch the reversal of the process as much as when it had first opened. As she watched him retire back into the sphere, she heard his voice once more.

"Have hope Child of Pelagus... as dark as the future may seem, darkness will only be ensured if heroes do nothing..."

Delsanra allowed the images to fade away, as she held a slight smile on her face. then leaned back, placing her hands down on her lap, feeling the same energies that he had felt before. as the image faded away.

Zalzabar remained utterly silent during the entire playback, his eyes focused intently as to what was unfolding. There was a moment of silence as Zalzabar digested the information, looking to the ground, but his mind elsewhere as he thought to himself.

"This is... wow... okay..." he said, thinking for a moment more. "The Blind Fairy King is somewhat mythical I had no idea he was still alive, or perhaps a successor has taken his place and is using the title. He is not to be underestimated... and the fact that Zafyrus knows about Noxtoten, but struggle to know what Xan was, and calls Regnum 'Aequus'... how old is Noxtoten then? What the hell is he?"

Zalzabar tilted his head concerned at this fact.

"I thought he was just a very powerful Dark Elf Necromancer but could there be something more?"

He glanced towards Delsanra, his eyes with that focus of trying to solve a puzzle.

"What do you make of all this?"

"Well..." Delsanra started softly, "It seems that the Avatar does not like that being from his reactions. The orb responds to that name. But, Necomancers ... they are a breed of mages, I perfer not to think about. They deal with death, and make deals with things that make me shudder to think about." Delsanra frowned darkly at Zalzabar's "... JUST a powerful Dark Elf Necromancer???" Most Elves have a long life span on their own. And he could be something else. That, and together with dark magic....." Delsanra shrugged her shoulders. She had only heard stories, and a thought came to her. "Do you think that might be how the Queen of Taetus could have escaped?" Delsanra sat quiet for a moment, as she pondered the thought. She had been so busy training, she really had not given much thought about the Queens escape. With a sigh, she looked back towards Zalzabar.

"I dont know anything about the Blind Fairy King. Only vague rumors." Delsanra paused for a moment before she looked over towards Zalzabar. She wanted to bring up the comment he had stated earlier, about teleporting the entire town. Delsanra instead asked another question. "Why are they attacking THIS city? Besides you, what makes this city so important for them? You have never really explained any of that.,," she asked. Maybe known the reason why, could help them come up with more information.

"Well..." began Zalzabar. "This is just a hypothesis but I think Malum needs a large landmass or a large population in order to revive Sapientis..." he paused for a moment, looking off to the side as nibbled on his thumb. "Xan is too harsh, the other non-human countries have relatively low population and landmass, Zafir has far too many Ryujin for Malum to contend with, and everywhere else is too remote for Haugun to send a military." Though it was also still very likely because it was the only ally of Zalzabar in the world he thought, a point Dominus had made briefly during their meeting with the King.

"Malum also has a deep hatred for myself... he wants to see my entire spirit crushed, he likely sees destroying Athas as a means to achieve that... I have spent about half my life here, helping these people, watching them grow old and die. Seeing the line of Kings and Queens pass from one hand to the next..."

He trailed off, his eyes lost in the distance.

Delsanra stayed silent, watching as Zalzabar spoke. So that would explain the strong connection he had with these people. And it was evident that the others grew up here with them as well.

Delsanra kept thinking about the Necromancer. Especially with Zalzabar's statement that he would need either a large landmass or a large population in order to revive Sapientis... And the immediate picture in her mind's eye was not pleasant.

"Well...IF the necromancer is working with him, he doesn't need an army. There is already one here. I'm sure there are enough buried beings in this area to more than make up an army, so unless the mages and clerics here can avoid that...." Delsanra made a face and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, we do know where the crown is. Hopefully, no one else does yet. But what about this Gelida?? She is half of the one. After being buried for so long, she would most likely head for a place of cold. Unfortunately, that still leaves a bit open....Do we know anything about the other half, the one called Ignis?"

Delsanra then thought of the discussion with the Crimson Knight before she lost her arm...

/'..."You have a month to give up Zalzabar, my father would rather not see him killed, His knowledge and... well I suppose he hasn't told you much about his past has he?"..."give up Zalzabar and Malum gives his word that he will not raze the city to the ground."...'/

Delsanra looked back towards Zalzabar. "The Crimson Knight did allude that he wanted you alive...for your knowledge and ..'other things'. And that something would happen once they reached the capital...."

Delsanra put her finger to her chin. "Is there anything else about the city that might be 'special'?... Any nearby ruins or something else perhaps??

He tilted his head in thought.

"The Dome of Athas that forms an infinite void? But I doubt they have any particular interest in that. Perhaps they were referring to the Eyes? This city is old, but not ancient it does not date back to the sealing of Sapientis so I doubt that there are any significant landmarks related to it around here..."

He nibbled on his thumb as he thought for a moment.

"Gelida was a Snow Elf, Ignis was a Human... they were extremely powerful, almost everything else about them has been lost to the sands of time... this did happen over nine thousand years ago, even when I was a lad it was ancient history," He took a step back, clearly dissatisfied with their lack of knowledge of the long-ago past.

Delsanra's head shot up, as her eyes widened. "The Dome of Athas forms an infinite void?" The training area?? That would explain a lot. Delsanra frowned.

"Well, to transport and sometimes hide things, mages can use a persona void for special things. A huge void would be useful indeed. Delsanra frowned. I suggest you talk to the city mages. I'm not informed in the words of Necromancy, but I'm sure they could use the void for something useful. She patted her items. "I wonder if the avatar would know of that. But he hasn't said much lately. But I know you can travel the void, if you know how to find your way, and not get lost. Might also explain that cryptic comment that Crimson Knight stated earlier...." Delsanra rubbed her chin. "They used to warn us about 'things' in the void. It might be just stories, but....." Delsanra shrugged her shoulders. "The avatar lives in a void of sorts. Wonder what else a void can do..."

Zalabar stood with his mouth open slightly as if waiting to interject, chuckling slightly at the somewhat imprudent Delsanra.

"I think you are getting hung up on the word 'void' Delsanra it is not the same as The Void in which illusion mages and necromancers draw from. When I say infinite void I mean there is nothing in it initially but you can shape it to be filled with plains or desert or a cityscape whatever you desire. We have been training there for our Ryujin training,"

He gave a nod.

"But yes Delsanra there is much to ponder on and many unanswered questions before us. I am sure we can figure it out in due time..." he spoke with a bright smile, feeling a pulse of electricity.

"Ah I believe I have an appointment about now so I must be off, but this was a good talk, a productive talk. Until next time Delsanra!" he spoke with a skip and a jump as he zipped off to who knows where.

Delsanra listed as he explained the difference between 'void' and THE 'Void', but she was not still convinced. Just as the bag she had purchased, a void can be used in different ways. But since she was not familiar with the place, she gave Zalzabar the benefit of the doubt, as Zalzabar chuckled.

"..Until next time Delsanra!" Zalzabar spoke with a skip and a jump as he zipped off to who knows where. Delsanra shook her head and laughed. She would enjoy this moment for a little more, until she got back to her studies.

Indeed, there was much to think upon.

TAG: No One

==========================================
    OOC: Another Combine with the wonderful @Mitth_Fisto

Delsanra & Ne'tar
    A lesson in healing

The next couple of days, things started to pick up quickly. Most of their time was taken up with dealing with the Elder training, but Delsanra was also learning other magics as well. Ne'tar was also busy in his own training of sorts as well. But one evening, after they had finished their individual training, Delsanra decided to speak with Ne'tar with a thought that had been brewing since they had left the castle. She decided to speak with Ne'tar after dinner.

"Ne'tar. I am curious about the way you use water in your healing. I would like to see, if perhaps we can combine our skills. If there is a war coming, it might be useful?" she asked him.

Ne'tar no know what make of this question first off, but Ne'tar think a minute and Ne'tar remember seeing her frost spell heal the loud one. "Ne'tar not sure all things, Ne'tar fine give it try."

Ne'tar had done similar with Ne'tar's teacher. She used light with Ne'tar use water in heal. Tapping a tusk Ne'tar tried to think how best do this. "We need wounded. Who you want try on?"

Delsanra paused. She could create a clone. But she wanted to really see how Ne'tar's healing worked, and if it was something she could combine with her own.

Delsanra quickly whipped out a dagger. This was NOT the one she had used earlier. That one was wrapped up, and protected. "Well, since this was my suggestion, I guess I will volunteer." And with that, she gave herself a small cut across the arm, just below the elbow area. She then smiled and she held out her arm. "There you go."

She would let Ne'tar start first, and then see what happened as he did his healing. She wondered if he would need water to start his healing.

Ne'tar eyes go wide as Ne'tar see what Delsanra do. "Ne'tar thought we grab guard. . .poor beggar need it already. . .child already bonked." Ne'tar shrug and close eyes second to clear Ne'tar mind. "That work."

[​IMG]
    Ne'tar step forward, rub hands before Ne'tar reach out to Delsanra arm. Stopping with hand good span away. Ne'tar breath in scent of blood, Ne'tar swallow as Ne'tar eyes droop half-lidded. Ne'tar focus on what Ne'tar learning. Swirl and bend Ne'tar's will upon the wound. Drops of water form from Ne'tar will, beading upon wound, in wound, cling and hold in place. Soon thin layer water, Ne'tar water, cover and fill wound. Mix with blood as Ne'tar slow sway.

Ne'tar begin focus on heal, sweat beading on Ne'tar brow. Ne'tar already use will today, already practice heal, already practice practicing. Ne'tar push though, Ne'tar need be better. Ne'tar no can away other want as well. Ne'tar focus on water, water Ne'tar add, water in blood, water in flesh. Begin to feel, draw back together, mend.

Delsanra looked closely, as she watched Ne'tar work on the wound. He seemed to be working hard to make water, so that he could use that, almost as a filler and the blood, to began to mend. Delsanra leaned in just a bit. "Here, let me try something...." and as she spoke, she began to make frost cover over her arm. She could tell that Ne'tar seemed to be sweating with the effort. So, she worked to cut the effort in help. He should feel the difference, as she concentrated on the wound, seeing how he worked it as a binder.

Delsanra worked to weave her frost healing into his, to make the wound heal quickly. It was interesting to watch his magics. For one who would normally come from a desert setting, the old saying water is life, suddenly took on a truer meaning. Once she combined the frost with his magic, and the wound was healed, she tilted her head slightly. It seemed as if Ne'tar could heal more, faster if he did not have to produce the water as well.

"Hmm. So, it would seem that our healing is similar indeed." she murmured softly.

Ne'tar feel as other step in with frost. Freeze Ne'tar water and lend own healing into try. Ne'tar feel the ease, burden lighter, but Ne'tar push all harder to heal! Ne'tar never learn, Ne'tar never get stronger if Ne'tar take easy path!

"Ne'tar know is so. By Three many paths to same place, as paths near end journey - little difference find." Ne'tar nod solemnly, "Ne'tar method not common. Ne'tar learn from others Ne'tar pay to teach. Most used earth. Ne'tar teacher now use Light. Ne'tar always wonder learn from Water might learn better than Ne'tar felt way, but Ne'tar has what Ne'tar has." Ne'tar reached forward and rubbed where the wound had been. Feeling the water within to be sure all healed good.

Delsanra gave Ne'tar a nod, as he rubbed where the wound had been. "You can feel the water within?," she asked him, echoing his last statement. " I wonder, if we can use that, to expand how much we can heal, or perhaps make it faster?" she brought a hand to her chin. She then looked towards Ne'tar, as she flexed her arm.

"Not bad. Not bad at all. There is no scar." Delsanra stated, smiling a bit. "So, how are your classes with your teacher going?" she asked.

"Classes go good. Grueling. Work on focus, control, will. Ne'tar no more take easy way, no use free water. Ne'tar must work harder until harder easy." Ne'tar shrugged. "First step heal, know what heal. Ne'tar no work blind. Shamans work bones out, Ne'tar work marrow out. No time, battle heal, work seen down. Either way, heal danger first. Then heal edges in." Ne'tar say with exaggerated hand gestures. Ne'tar not sure need them, but Ne'tar feel should do.

Delsanra nodded slowly, as she listened to Ne'tar speak. It took a moment for her to understand what he was saying. Basically, he worked from the inside out.. literally. From the insides of the bones out to where closing and healing the skin last. Made sense. And with his affiliation to water, even more so. Heal the most serious first, and then work out to the lesser injuries. And he also didn't believe in shortcuts. That made her smile slightly.

"So... you use water, like a filler, to draw in the wounded area?" she asked, also using her own hand gestures to make sure that she understood him. "I'm thinking more in a major battle situation. Does more water allow you to heal faster?" she asked.

Ne'tar begin shake head no, then stop. "Ne'tar. . .hmm. Ne'tar. . .depends." Ne'tar finally exhaled as Ne'tar think of question. "Small wound, no. Large wound? Maybe. Could use water, put outside pressure with inside pull. Put back in place while heal. Ne'tar only just try inside draw and hand outside, maybe majiks with water work better?" Ne'tar need think on this more. Maybe when Ne'tar get good Ne'tar try this.

"Ne'tar not ready try now. Ne'tar tired. Ne'tar just fill wound with water. Bath heal was different. Maybe work better? Ne'tar fell asleep after, Ne'tar not sure. Domin might know. Better judge." Ne'tar add as the seemingly old memory came back. Had really only few weeks?

Delsanra nodded, and patted Ne'tar's shoulder. "Thank you Ne'tar. You have given me much to think on. If we must heal during the battle, every little bit of knowledge helps." She gave Ne'tar a warm smile. "Yes, I think we have earned a bit of rest, before we go back to our studies."

Delsanra gave a small bow to Ne'tar. "Thank you, again. Get some rest. I will study it more also." She smiled. "I will go now." With a last nod, Delsanra turned to head back to her room.

Ne’tar sigh, watch Delsanra go. Hmm. This fight be not boring. Been while Ne’tar have a thing worth fight for. Maybe Ne’tar did not, Ne’tar okay pretend Ne’tar did. Til battle come and battle end. That be enough.

TAG: No one

OOC: Thanks guys

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  16. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Chapter V
    The Battle of Othos

It had been a little over a month since they had all arrived in Othos, the City of Kings. The sky was clear, a bright almost ominously bright sky shining over head. Troops lined all across the outskirt walls of the city in the expected direction of Haugun's and Taetus's troops. Reports had come in the past few days of Haugun's spearhead into Athas. The Northern cities had fallen so swiftly, and for the first time in centuries. The estimates put Haugun's Ryujin between six and twenty thousand. A staggering and terrifying force.

The defenses prepared for the coming invasion where that mainly of the magical variety, as well as many more of the great Ballista being formed along walls of the city. A few subjects of Othos had fled in the fear of the oncoming threat of Haugun and Taetus, but almost all stayed. Every person that had two arms and two legs were contruibting to the fight. Whether that be carrying supplies, water to dampen the inevitable fire of dragons or the endless task that were needed, all helped. The city of a millions souls were one, united in the task to defend their home. To defend their home. Othos standing as the gateway for Haugun to access the rest of the world.

The distant sky became black as the swarm of Haugunite Ryujin came into view, drawing ever closer. There was no sign of the larger infantry force that Othos had been hearing reports about. They would take weeks, perhaps months to arrive to Othos by foot. No this was a spear-head force compromised almost exclusively of Ryujin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The snarls and roars of the horde of dragons deafened the city, making it impossible to say any final words or even words of encouragement. Perhaps a tactic to ruin the chain of command of Othos. Our heroes, all of them, were stationed with the Ryujin Squad of Othos, located in the very center of the cities wall defenses.

As the great wave of black dragons descended onto the city, the hail storm of ballista fired up into the air toward the flying mass. Dozens of dragons felled as the fell and crashed into the surrounding farmland and plains that existed outside of Othos. But there were thousands of dragons. The first dragon would come through towards the city perhaps four hundred feet away from the city walls, a great wave, a dome of magical energy pulsed. And the proud Haugunite's eyes widened in disbelief as it's mighty form shriveled back into a man, his body dropping to the ground, smattering into the ground.

Othos was covered entirely in a magical network of inhibitor orbs. Or rather the infinite 'void' that many of our heroes and the Ryujin of Othos had trained in had been repurposed into an massive, city wide inhibitor orb. Only those that had physical trained in the space would be unaffected by its power or as with all inhibitor orbs, those of a strong enough will to resist its effects.

And so hundreds of Haugunite Ryujin fell from the sky in their desperate and perhaps foolish attempt to penetrate the magical sphere of Othos. But not all were affected, slowly, ever so slowly some Ryujin would leap through unaffected, their large form coming to strike at the city.

Zalzabar gave a knowing look to the group assembled there.

"Don't let any past the walls," he spoke as a number of the Atharian Ryujin jumped of the wall, transforming into their bestial form and sweeping toward the few dozen Haugunite Ryujin that had made it past the magical barrier.

Cretaus would look to Anaxagore with a nervous breath as he nodded to the man.

"Um... could I catch a ride?" he murmured with a brave twinkle in his eye, as he looked in the direction of Tempus Aeterna who was standing a few paces away. Giving a nod as he held his hand out to an approaching Ryujin, blue magic and symbols flowing above his hand as the dragon fractured into a thousand pieces.

[​IMG]
    Helen, the Hero of Othos was similar there, though she was not a Ryujin, her spear held out as a bright white light beamed across the sky and burrowed itself into one of the Ryujin.

[​IMG]

The time was here.

The Battle of Othos had begun.

Anaxagore. Arc. Ne'jin'tar. Delsanra. Esenma. Rebecca. Cretaus. Kaynus. Zalzabar. Dominus.

Their journey had brought them all here, from all across the world. To this very moment.

But a single question plagued Zalzabar's mind as the fighting commenced. A question that harrowed his soul despite how well the battle was going for them thus far.

Where was Malum Dragonson and the Crimson Knights?

TAG: @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422 @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

OOC:
    The long awaited battle begins. All singles please.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Battle of Othos

He grimaced as Ryujin battered at the defenses.

Zalzabar occupied a certain space in his mind, and it was full of worry.

For the moment, Arc kept his attention upwards, prepared to negate thrown magical attacks. If anyone approached them with obvious magical charms and shielding, him disabling them could be useful.

"Support role," he said, making it clear he intended to back them up. "Call me if you need me."

He flexed his hands, negation magic summoned in a purple hue.

Anaxagore. Ne'jin'tar. Delsanra. Esenma. Rebecca. Cretaus. Kaynus. Dominus.

"I've not know any of you long enough to die fighting besides you, so can we not?"

He didn't intend to transform into a Ryujin until he had to; he wanted to conserve his strength, yes, but he also didn't want to contend with the fiery heart behind his Elder...

TAG: @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422 @Shadowsun @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Esenma Ralinommu
    -Battle of Othos

She was dressed in all black robes, no sleeves since they made her hot and sometimes encumbered her movements. She was feeling good. She was proud of their little ensemble in the past month. The determination and focus they'd shown made her believe more in destiny: that Zalzabar's poorly written invitations had found these individuals and placed them beside each other at such a monumental hour.

There was no other place the old ryujin would rather be.

[​IMG]

"Alright friends, come out to play." Esenma placed her hands together and enlarged her cheeks as gentle flow of wind began to surround her. Small, dense elementals of wind pulled away from her wind cloak and attached themselves to the rest of her party, each, like when she previously used the spell, taking on a slight comical appearance in alignment with the individual they were attachd too. Esenma had a small laugh when the elemental that attached to Arc immediately pulled another layer of wind over its face to hide its face.

The elementals passively would make the party sharper slightly, their moves alittle stronger and faster. Their deeper use was that they could all be dispelled by their owners to surround them in a temporary wind cloak of Esenma's power.

Tag: All

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Anaxagore, Heir Protector
    Battle of Othos

The First Hour

The moment was upon them all, as the clear sky darkened, heralding the arrival of their enemy, those who would defy the unity of one million souls and bring calamity to their beloved city.

Anaxagore did not feel fear, but a galvanizing sense of unified purpose- a collective single-mindedness that defied description, even as he stood upon one of the battlements, counting himself, one among the many defenders of the City of Kings.

In a single moment, the sky rained down a horde of roaring Ryujin. Thousands of dragons bellowed like a black chorus, creating a terrible and deafening cacophony that was palpable. Anaxagore was reminded of his own ‘Dark Roar’ and its demoralizing effects. To see it used on such a scale was unprecedented.

However, the city defenders would not be cowed by such a sound and responded in kind with their great Ballistas. But that was not all the enemy would face. The power of the Inhibitor Orb had been amplified to great effect, exponentially so.

The first wave did not fare well against this combination, yet their sheer numbers gave them no need for pause. Moreover, powerful Ryujin were also counted among the invading wave of Haugun’s Ryujin, powerful enough to resist the effect of the Inhibitor Pulse. Anaxagore’s steel grey eyes regarded the invaders that fell in the first wave as well as those who managed to make it through. The Warrior-Protector’s expression hardened as he made a fist with his hand. His jaw was set as he readied himself for the inevitable moment, when he would enter the fray and engage the enemy.

"Don't let any past the walls,"

It was good hearing Lord Elder Zalzabar's commanding voice, for this was the voice by which he would measure the state of this conflict: and now, a command had been given.

But, before Anaxagore could react, another voice did command his attention.

"Um... could I catch a ride?"

It was Cretaus.

Anaxagore looked upon the young warrior turned apprentice and nodded, a hint of a smile gracing his face for the moment. Within himself, he found that his worry for the young human was greatly lessened, especially because the linking spell had been a success. He would lend Cretaus his strength and his life. Next to the pair, Creatus’ other mentor, the Time-Mage Tempus Aeterna, dispatched an invader with terrifying efficiency. Anaxagore nodded to the man as he answered Creatus.

“Of course you can.” He said casually. “Let’s go.”

With the care of someone taking a simple step on a sunny day, Anaxagore leapt from the battlement and immediately began to transform, silver scales glinted as they covered his Ryujin metamorphosis.

[Jump!] He called out through their link, as Ryujin and Rider prepared to engage the enemy.

Tag: @Shadowsun ( @Sinrebirth, @galactic-vagabond422 , @Mitth_Fisto, @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas, * @Darth_Elu)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ne'jin'tar
    Standing on the Battlements

Ne'jin'tar no have much do. Ne'jin'tar not range fighter. Ne'jin'tar ambush, close in. Ne'jin'tar sit back, relax, eat jerky. Wait for battle come Ne'jin'tar.

Ne'jin'tar admit, nice see how strong Ne'jin'tar verses enemy mass. They fly, but Ne'jin'tar train, Ne'jin'tar become Ne'jin'tar in city, in field sick orbs. Ne'jin'tar wonder how strong Ne'jin'tar be when leave sick field city? Ne'jin'tar pop new piece of jerky and smile, Ne'jin'tar watch bodies scream and bodies fall. City no go hungry for awhile!

Ne'jin'tar see Granny give a wind gusty Ne'jin'tar, it lick some Jerky as it and Ne'jin'tar slowly rose into ready position. Ne'jin'tar look barrels of water Ne'jin'tar had brought up for battle and Ne'jin'tar hear order not let any pass. Ne'jin'tar stretch and loosen Ne'jin'tar neck and shoulders. This be fun. Do or die.

Ne'jin'tar had no intent to die as Ne'jin'tar ate last piece of jerky after gusty licked it. "Ne'jin'tar need more jerky." Ne'jin'tar say as eyes narrow at approaching horde. Shady Arc say support, Ne'jin'tar nod at that. Ne'jin'tar no need say anything to that. Ne'jin'tar same. If they no know, too late say now.

TAG: @Shadowsun ( @Sinrebirth, @galactic-vagabond422 , @greyjedi125 , @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas, * @Darth_Elu)

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Delsanra Taenya Helestina
    The Battle of Othos

It was strange.

Delsanra never had been in a full-blown war before. And that is what this was. Not a simple battle, but the beginning of so much more. The sky was beautiful. Blue skies. Perhaps a good omen. She was dressed somber, as she looked around her. She had to admire the people of Othos. They were standing as one to fight. She spared a look to her own companions. They all seemed eager for the battle to begin. Except for Zalzabar. His look was one of determination.

Soon, the skies in one direction grew dark, as the enemy approached. She could hear the roar in the skies. It was strange, she had barely seen a Ryujin, when all of this started. And now, she was seeing thousands of dragons, flying towards them.

And then, she watched as hundereds of Haugunite Ryujin fell, because of the magics of Othos, that changed them back into their human forms, and they fell from the skies. But a few began to make it through. Zalzabar spoke then.

"Don't let any past the walls," he spoke as a number of the Atharian Ryujin jumped off the wall, transforming into their bestial form and sweeping toward the few dozen Haugunite Ryujin that had made it past the magical barrier.

But even as Zalzabar spoke to them, she prepared her spell, but she kept looking about. The words from earlier still haunted her. A massive frontal attack would make a great distraction from another attack.

She smiled as she heard Arc's quip.

"I've not know any of you long enough to die fighting besides you, so can we not?"

Ne'tar... no, Ne'jin'tar, stood nearby, munching on something she did not dare attempt to identify.

Creatus and Anazagore seemed to be working together. Esenma's little elementals came out soon after, and one of them came near Delsanra. Delsanra smirked.

She then refocused on the ryujins trying to breach the wall. Her spell, she would hold until the last minute before she launched her spells. Too much was at stake, to fail.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422 @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @The Jedi in the Pumas @Shadowsun

22. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    When it Rains it Pours
    It was once said that Othos, back when it was a lone city state, was conquered by a single power hungry Ryujin. The truth of that was that they were not even an Elder, a 'simple' adept. How far the ancient city had come since that millennia ago.

Dominus's eyes narrowed as the few dozen Ryujin came swarming through... dozens of them were pouring through in now. He gave a nod to Rebecca, as he began to run forward like a blur, and then he pushed off the walls with a roar as he transformed into his yellow draconic form. He would swerve along with the other adept Ryujin of Athas as the twin lines of dragons began to entangle in a fight. Rebecca, if she choose to ride along, would see the swirling black claws and fangs as fire and destruction burst forward.

[​IMG]

Anaxagore and Cretaus were sure to join them in the fray, Anaxagore would feel the hesitation still within Cretaus, his face growing slightly pale as he saw the clashing hordes of Ryujin. He shook his head as he focused himself, his magical range was relatively short, he would need to get close before he could unleash it.

[​IMG]

And so he would reach for the bow on his back, stringing an arrow to it. He remembered what Ajax had told him.

"Lord Aeterna says you wish to learn about archery? That is good! I will be sure to teach you my boy..."

Cretaus took in a sharp intake of air as he pulled his arrow back.

"Just like Magic or combat, breathing is the key... remember breath,"

He exhaled as the arrow went flying towards what Cretaus hoped would be the Eye of a Haugunite Ryujin, though his arrow would not find his mark. He was far from being a marksman.

Zalzabar it seemed was acting in a more commander role, saving his strength for when he presumed inevitable Malum Dragonson would show himself, he could not afford to focus on the Adept Ryujin. Not now.

A set of three large black dragons swarmed close to where Ne'jin'tar and Delsanra were. The large draconic masses moving to sweep over the, but low enough to the wall that one could, if imbued with magic, jump up to reach them. Through it was an open question as well if Delsanra's spell could knock out three fully grown dragons.

Kaynus had been unfashionably quiet as he viewed the fight between the Haugunites and Atharians. Being a Haugunite noble...

Would Father be here? The amulet around Kaynus's neck was quiet, and he could not feel the presence like he had at the beginning of his stay in Othos. He stood a few feet away from Arc, as he smiled.

Well so be it, perhaps it was finally time he showed the old man what he was really capable of... he thought, not really quite believing it as he transformed rapidly into his glorious form. His claws clutched along the wall as his maw opened with a building, mounting energy as he unleashed a bright, lancing beam of light towards the nearest Ryujin.

[​IMG]
    Another dragon began to swoop out of range of Kaynus as it swung by Arc, balls of fire surrounding the dragon as he created them around itself in the air. Before then swarming out to attack the defenders on the walls, and past the walls themselves, eight of these large lion sized fire pits, that Arc could dispel... if he was fast enough to get to them all.

As all the heroes of Athas began to enter the depths of their battle, each of them accompanied with their little wisps assigned to them by Esenma, that were to nimble and fast to be destroyed by the attempts of the Hagunites, they were no doubt wondering why Haugun was attacking in a swarm like pattern with seemingly no commander... no Crimson Knights... it was...

"Where is he?" mouthed Zalzabar under his breath.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422 @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Next week's update: "Return of the Crimson Knights"

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Rebecca
    Othos

Some time before the battle

"What?" The red haired warrior turned incredulous at the snow elf. What he was suggesting was insane, it was madness. "I'm not doing that…"

The Battle

There she stood in the blood of the enemy, well of the people she was being paid to kill. Without their dragon powers they were easy pickings for her blade. Her blood was howling drinking in the violence. A swing of her mighty blade severed a head from the shoulders of a soldier. Lowering her point she ran her blade through another kicking him off her blade and sending him tumbling off the wall. Around her the bodies stacked and stacked. After burying her blade into the shoulder and chest of another she wiped her gauntlet across her blade gathering the still warm blood. Pressing the blood glove to her face she soaked in the feeling of the blood cooling on her skin.

As Dominus changed looking at her with his glowing eyes, a cruel smile grew on her face. It was madness but it was her kind of madness. Running forward over the bodies of the fallen she lept off the battlements. Underneath her the golden form of Dominus swooped giving her a place to land. Once she did with practiced movements she steadied herself blade in hand.

She'd become a dragon rider covered in blood and upon the back of a golden dragon, the most fearsome sight in all the world.

TAG: @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh kark and crumbs and carp

The heat was incredible.

The battle was fully enjoined.

Arc projected Dispels where he could, attempting to weaken enemy Ryujin of protections, or to lessen the attacks upon his kin. Concentrating, he hurled magick after magick, and when the fire-pits ignited, he threw up his hands. “Oh come on!”

He began to weave a Dispel, and another, and another -

But they’d light more.

“Fine,” he grimaced. “I’ll be the bad guy now.”

He didn’t so much as draw upon the flame within him as unlock the door. He didn’t need to fan his rage; his sorrow; his anguish; his despair.

Unleashed, he funnelled that energy into a transformation, capping it only when he began to reach the potential of Elder, and instead he channeled that energy into his throat, a fiery-bite that he sought to ignite into a green stream of monstrous energy, aimed at the offending pyromaniacs.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Shadowsun, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Jedi in the Pumas

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Anaxagore & Cretaus
    Skirmish & Synchronization

“Focus and breathe…” Anaxagore said, speaking calmly to Creatus through their new bond. He could feel the boy’s anxiety, which was warranted, given the gravity of the encounter. War would test anyone's resolve.

“I’ll be right next to you the whole time...” The Ryujin warrior declared, lending encouragement, even as his draconic form began to descend unto the field of battle.

“See that group?” Anaxagore indicated a cluster of enemies who had just been turned back to their human forms and were scrambling to recover their bearings.

"Get ready!”

Within moments, Anaxagore’s dragon-form loomed over the group, breathing down fire at them, but instead of landing on the group, his form split into three sword-wielding warriors, Creatus being an ‘unexpected’ fourth. Momentum carried them forth as two copies of Anaxagore flanked Cretaus, tucking and rolling as they landed and rising up with vicious cross-slashes which would certainly bisect their targets.

Anaxagore himself took point, engaging two of the stronger haugunites, their swords ringing out and sparking as they clashed.

“We fight back to back!” Anaxagore declared, flashing an image of their diamond formation, that way, no enemy could surprise them from the rear or their flank.

“Step in a few paces for assistance should you need it”

That was all Anaxagore would say for the moment, not wishing to distract his new pupil. Anaxagore smiled to himself as he watched Lady Esenma’s wind elementals enhance their movements, increasing the accuracy and strength of their combat prowess. He did wonder if Cretaus had noticed yet, but also made a mental note to thank the Majestic Sky Dragon herself once they had successfully defended the city. He believed they would succeed, despite the odds.

They simply had to…for the sake of Regnum itself.

Tag: @Shadowsun (combo?)/ @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas