main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Saga & the Sequels: Role of the Skywalker family

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Garth Maul, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    I don't want anymore "wait he's related to me?" surprises. daddy vader was cool, but anything beyond luke and leia are siblings would just get annoying.

natureboy76 likes this.
  2. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    The Role of the Skywalkers was primaly the focus since ANH and ESB ,but it really first started to expand in ROTJ and E I-III .
    From The Adventures of Luke Skywalker to Tragedy of Darth Vader/Fall,Rise and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker.
    I feel that the Sequel Trilogy will feel disconnected for the account that Anakin is a Force Ghost and Darth Sidious is dead.
    (I still would like to see Anakin in the Sequel Trilogy)
    The Skywalker Saga is complete and now comes the Legacy of the Skywalkers.
    We have yet to see how Sequel Trilogy is connected to the Star Wars Skywalker Saga.
    (BTW you can also argue whether or not TCW with Anakin in it ,fits into it;
    personally I thinks it connects pretty well)

3. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Yes, this. If some new characters are related to some old characters, fine. But name that up front when we first meet them. There are far more powerful plot twists than another newly-discovered family drama.

DARTH_BELO and Saga Explorer like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Same here. I'd love to see Luke (and maybe next generation Skywalker) talking to Force ghost Anakin. And I want Hayden to play Anakin.

DARTH_BELO and Saga Explorer like this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Unfortunately, I am starting to see this possibility as more and more unlikely. Sad for me to acknowledge it, but...I suppose I won't abandon the hope entirely...

There's still a remote chance we could be pleasantly surprised! :)

6. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    AFAIK only Luke could see the force ghosts, because of his connection to them.

I guess potentially another Skywalker would be able to see Anakin if trained in the Force.

But my guess is that if there's any Force ghosts in the new trilogy they will be in relation to Luke or it will be Luke as the Force ghost *gasp*.

I really hope that they don't give the Sith the power of coming back as a Force ghost! :mad:

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Actually, I suspect this is in fact something we might see once again.

8. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    I am almost 100% sure Luke will bite it at some point in these films. If JJ follows GL and uses rhythm in storytelling one of the big three will be killed off to inspire the new gen in a call to arms much like Obi's death in ANH. I would love to see more of the original cast but as with everything else with this generation they want to sweep the old aside as if they are not worth the time. Ageism in Hollywood.... end of rant lol

9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    It's like when I say, hey I live in (insert country or large metropolitan area) and someone will say. Hey I know this person XYZ from (insert country or large metropolitan area), do you know them?

It's a joke of course. But the GFFA is a very small place where everyone is related to everyone else in some way or form. The worse for me is Jango, the clones and Bobba. I was half expecting a boy Han Solo to come running up a Kamino corridor and show that he grew up playing with Bobba.

DARTH_BELO likes this.