main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Seamy Lounge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vee, Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    It's not procrastination if no one sees you do it. :p

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Procrastinators of the world, unite!
    ...Tomorrow.

:p

3. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    I'm staring at a kinda square egg in my notes, with arrows pointing to it labelled *scribble*-luminosity rel. Defying all logic, this makes sense.

4. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    I grabbed my lazy hand and forced it to translate my brain garbles into some sort of coherent Seamy Lives post! I updated! :eek::eek::eek:

5. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    You updated???? :eek: :p A Seamy update and only 12 days until episode II, be still my beating heart! ;)

6. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    I'm off to see Episode II in approximately 14 hours time! :D But you're all probably in the cinemas seeing it right now. :_|

7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    <Sigh> I'm worth a lousy $1,683,020.00 Sade.............THAT MEANS YOU CAN AFFORD ME! [face_laugh]

I'll go on clearence. :p

8. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    can I come crawling back? I'm even offering this sad, pathetic grovelling face as an indicator of how low and sorry I am :_|

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Well, if you promise not to take off again next week to spend the next 5 months waiting in line for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. ;)

Kidding, we need procrastination in moderation desperately. :p

SSSSSSSNNNNNNNOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!

10. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    Only 5 months!!! :eek: I have to get in line now!

11. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    How did you all like ATOC? Is it too seamy to say the film itself was as bad as the title? I haven't even bothered to go see it a second time! :eek: Your Vader's way better than that snotty little **** HC plays, Master! [face_devil] ATOC has completely destroyed my opinion of Vader. I'm formally giving up EU. All I have left is Fanfic. :( :_|

You only have five months to wait for HP. I've probably got to wait at least 6! :mad:

Does anybody have any idea when the next book is coming out? A one site had two different reports saying later this year and June next year!

12. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    AOTC- I want to punch that Anakin snot, punch him then have him hung, drawn and quartered, exactly like in Braveheart! *big hug* Quitting EU is the best thing you can do with your life *more jigs, prevents DZ's dance of doom*

The next Harry Potter book *misty sigh* Definitely not this year- Bloomsbury Publishing Plc's 2002 budget does not include it, and furthermore, it might not be released until after 2nd quarter next year, that is to say, after June :eek: :_| It's back to fanfic for us. I don't think J.K Rowling would put together Lupin and Dumbledore anyways. My other supercouple is Snape/Harry, but that won't happen either *damn!*

So I can do another torturous HP countdown? Wizard! ;) :p

13. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    Lupin and Dumbledore? Oh Master! That's going to haunt me next time I read a HP book. Ever since you gave us that little essay on slash I haven't been able to look at Holmes and Watson in the same way! :eek:

So we have at least a year to go? Damn it! That only leaves us the HP movies. Which are good but poor substitutes for the books.

14. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    Haunting people is what I do best :D <-Lockheart smile . You've never suspected Holmes and Watson?! Next you'll be telling me Tom Riddle and Hagrid never had anything, and Dumbledore didn't "comfort" Hagrid and he really is kept around as the Keeper of Keys (very made up title, if I ever heard one!)

You could always read those Harry Potter coattail riders, Artemis Fowl and Lemony Snicket and them. I avoid those books on principle.

15. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    <Bashing head on table in helpless despair>

Once you start putting these ideas in my head they just keep on going (why can't they just go through one ear and out the other like most things do!) : there's the forbidden forest, that mirror showing your deepest wish, the ghosts, shape shifting, Voldemort ....

<resuming head bashing>

I should just be grateful you haven't sullied Fluffy's good name! :p The sad thing about Holmes & Watson is that it actually makes sense!

I have no problem with shameless copycats, I just refuse to pay to read their efforts - hence my devotion to fanfiction! :D

16. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    Don't forget that rather nice (and only :eek: ) bed in the Shrieking Shack! Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs did get along a little too well...
    I love these guys because the whole situation is quite seamy. Snape stalking them (oooooh!), Lily(she had to be an innocent, but how Harry came about is a whole other conspiracy theory), plus Dumbledore knows an awful lot about James (though he's quite clearly enamoured with Lupin. He did build the one bed Shrieking Shack, after all!)

resume head bashing

17. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    topping you good (hey, more innuendo! [face_devil] )

18. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

You're so ..... seamy

:D

19. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    I think the Commonwealth Games are an extremely seamy event. It doesn't have the outright hypocracy of the Olympics ( or the so-called Goodwill Games) jabbering on about world peace, cooperation, etc. It's just the neighbourhood bullies gathering together to annihilate their neighbours in events they truly suck at in real international competitions and pretending it means something. :mad: They're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel including lawn bowls. [face_plain]

Fortunately there's no Winter Commonwealth Games or Australia would have it's butt well and truly kicked! :D

20. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    :eek: Lawn bowling's the best! Bowling...on a lawn...don't tell me that doesn't encompass every dream you've ever had, because you'd be a liar ;) The Commonwealth Games are quaint, though I'm probably biased because we're doing so fantastically...

Now more on Dumbledore and Lupin. Albus is trying to pawn Remus off on Sirius (keeping him out of prison, sending him to hide at Lupin's) because he realized he actually loved his slave Hagrid after Hagrid fell in love with the half-giant lady, and Albus does seem like some kind of affection slut who can't cope with Remus being away all the time... that's enough out of me :p

Speaking of Australia getting its butt kicked, I just watched a movie called Chopper, about Australia's worst serial killer. He seemed kind of huggable. Probably the accent. [face_devil]

21. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    Is Canada coming second or third at the moment. Of course we both already know who's going to get the most medals overall. [face_devil] I was trapped into watching a bit of the gymnastics the other day and saw a wonderful Canadian chap fall flat on his face (literally!!!) when dismounting the horizontal bar and still came third. Not that the Australian who did win was much better. Real world class stuff going on. :D

Unfortunately my opinion doesn't appear to be representative of the rest of the country, most of which delight in every gold we win (the silver and bronze stopped having any significance after the first couple of days). You should have seen the fuss they made over the guy who won our first gold at the last Winter Olympics just because everyone else crashed. Apparently we're a bunch of shameless hypocrites. Winning really is everything. :mad:

:_| :_| :_| I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I simply have no reply to that last HP jab. If only people realised how seamy HP really is, they'd stopped ranting on about it promoting witchcraft! [face_laugh]

I'm going to play with fire here and ask you what your interpretation was to that line in Book 4 (page 604 in my hardcover, but yours is probably different) that says Dumbledore's eyes gleamed with triumph when Harry told him Voldemort had used his blood to come back to life. With all this slander against my favourite HP character, I'm beginning to be suspicious ;)

That is a serious question BTW, although I have no doubt you're going to put a seamy slant on it :p

(no that's not a challenge)

22. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    incompetent double post

23. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    Almost forgot, does Canada even have grass? <ducks to avoid punch> :p ;)

24. Darth Cerberus

Sep 12, 1999
    I got the LOTR DVD. I was so excited until I opened it up and read the ad inside proudly proclaiming the special edition being released in November. :mad:

Just a warning. :(

25. Mistress Sudafed

Feb 27, 2000
    [face_devil] [face_seamy] Dumbledore was just staring at the schoolboy he could so easily manipulate... *not a challenge? I did all this thinking for nothing :_| Seriously, I think that could have been a polyjuice potion Dumbledore, or there might have been something up with Dumbledore for a long time- it always bothered me that James Potter turned him down as secret keeper, Dumbledore being the only wizard Voldemort is afraid of. Did James know something about Albus? Oh dear, I'm now started off on HP theories- now I can never stop typing :eek: I can be dragged away, but my hands will disattach, and will go off the keyboard and keep on typing, and if you try to pry them off... but nothing can convince me that Snape does not have a thing with Harry :p

4 days ago was Vee's birthday :_| I'm all nostalgic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.