main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Secret Adventures of Luke's Hand! ~ Diary Challenge '09 - Updated 2/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Title: The Secret Adventures of Luke's Hand!
    Author: Qui-Gon Reborn
    Timeframe: ESB
    Characters: Luke's hand
    Genre: Diary
    Summary: Luke's hand is struggling to survive after being seperated from his former master.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. I am merely a humble being in this vast galaxy.

ENTRY 1

It was cold. Very cold. I was pressed tightly against the frigid steel, slick with freezing perspiration, trembling from exhaustion and pain. I think I remember being thrust forward once more, my perilous grip on the hilt of the lightsaber beginning to falter, when, in an eruption of pure, white flame, I was gone.

I tried to cry out, but, of course, no one could hear me. Down, down, down into a blackness like I had never before perceived. The sweltering pain had turned into a dull, distant throb, but the trembling in my fingers had progressed into uncontrollable spasms.

Bracing myself against the hardness of the black tunnel and trying to ignore the burning in my fingertips, I slowed my descent until I finally came to a stop.

I was alone. I felt alone.

?Noooo!!? I heard, somewhere above me. ?That?s not possible!?

There was a welcome stillness, and I gasped slowly for breath.

Then, the dim iciness of the tunnel shivered beneath my grasp.

?Blast!? I swore, struggling toward the edge of the tunnel?s circular wall. Just as soon as I had done so, the lean figure of my old friend careened past me and shot out the end of the tunnel.

Now, I really was alone.

What was I supposed to do? I couldn?t cry out for him to come back for me. Humans never listen.

But I missed him already. Twenty years we had struggled together, lived together, loved and lost. I was with him when he was forced to accept his destiny on the ruins of what had been his home, and when he went to secure that destiny at the hands of Darth Vader.

But now?my life had lost its purpose.

For, you see, I was a part of Luke Skywalker. Literally.

I am Luke Skywalker?s hand.

[hr]

[face_alien_1] Comments?

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    this was brilliant snips. an amazing idea, and as i said i'm DEFINITELY looking forward to where you go with this. i always wondered how luke's hand was found.

:snoopy

3. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Wow, what an original idea! I'll be reading this "with great interest." :p

4. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    This. Is. GENIOUS! Oh, I can NOT wait for more!!!! [face_hypnotized]

5. frodogenic1

frodogenic1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    Hah! Did you ever read the comic story? I think it was in one of the Star Wars Tales comic book issues several years ago, featured Han Solo telling one of his sons the secret adventures of Luke's hand as a bedtime story. It was hilarious... :)

Anyway, I very much like it so far. If you have a PM list put me on it. :)

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    His hand's 'voice'... wonderfully done. PM's please when you continue. :)

7. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    My mind went straight to the gutter when I read the title, but anyway... :p

That's hilarious. Utterly fantastic, I love it. [face_laugh]

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    this was brilliant snips. an amazing idea, and as i said i'm DEFINITELY looking forward to where you go with this.

So am I, actually. :p Thanks, Tris.

Wow, what an original idea! I'll be reading this "with great interest."

Thank you!

Hah! Did you ever read the comic story?

Yeah, that was the inspiration!! [face_laugh] It was such an adorable idea, I just couldn't resist.

His hand's 'voice'... wonderfully done.

Thanks!! :cool:

My mind went straight to the gutter when I read the title, but anyway...

Oh, I didn't even think of that...:oops:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. frodogenic1

Apr 21, 2008
    My mind went straight to the gutter when I read the title, but anyway...

Oh, I didn't even think of that...

Neither did I. Darling, I'm afraid that I will never, ever be able to read this title with a straight face again so long as I live. o_O

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    After that, neither will I. :_|

11. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    This looks hilarious! Can you put me on your PM list please?

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    This looks hilarious! Can you put me on your PM list please?

Certainly! Thank you! :D

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'll buy that for a dollar. This was an amusing read, but I never got that it was supposed to be entirely silly. Luke's hand sure knows how to express itself.

Please PM me if you do that sort of thing. I'm interested to see where you take this? How will Luke's hand get off Cloud City? Or will it? There could be a lot of adventure for a hand in the clouds...

:p

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I'll buy that for a dollar. This was an amusing read, but I never got that it was supposed to be entirely silly. Luke's hand sure knows how to express itself.

Thank you!! :D

15. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *laughs helplessly* Oh, dear. I'm sorry, truly. I have a ... thoroughly corrupted mind, it seems. :p

If it's any consolation, it made the story even funnier..? :D

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mine too - but then again, is anyone surprised? O:)

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Note: The Leia part was inspired by Xan. :p Anyway, this one was an absolute blast to write. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! :D

]-} ENTRY 2 ]-}

Being a hand is a lot like being the wheel of a ground-car; you?re worked without a single thought involved, tossed around, crushed, abused, neglected, forgotten, only stopping long enough to figure out where you?ve been, just before you have to go on once again. It?s the hardest of existences, the lowest of positions, the seemingly infinite torment of not being in control of your own actions nor knowing what you?ll be subjected to next. But you get something out of it, and it?s something that maybe -- just maybe -- makes the whole thing worthwhile.

You get to go along for the ride.

Of course, besides that, there are a few perks to the job. What was the name of the last one? The princess? Leia? Of course, years later, Luke Skywalker found out that the princess was really his sister, which complicated things somewhat, but I heard Luke eventually married that woman who wanted to murder him.

Humans are such weird creatures, aren?t they? It?s a wonder there are so many of them.

But through the years that Luke and I fought our way from the lowliest of hollows to the loftiest of mountains, nothing ever could compare to the thrill that filled me with such ecstasy when Luke used the Force. Introspectively speaking, you might infer that the midi-chlorians enabled me to gain a personality and conscious thought after the Separation, but none of my experiments have been able to either confirm or deny this. I haven?t been able to use the Force since the duel on Bespin, yet I remain a?thinking hand. What is it that you humans say? Lack of interpersonal communication has made me forgetful. Oh yes! ?Go figure.?

That lack of knowing does not keep me from longing for the ability to touch the Force once again. To feel the luscious rush and expanding warmth pulsing through my veins, the increased depth of resolve and understanding, the stunning climax of hidden spiraling tendrils reaching toward the infinite?and then to make my will be done upon the galaxy.

Sure, it wasn?t really my [i]will[/i], but it seems that I?ve acquired an ego of late. Well, I can?t help it. How many talking hands do [i]you[/i] know?

[hr]

[color=limegreen][b]PM List[/b][/color]

(If you don't see your name, and you want to be PM-ed when the story is updated, just add yourself to the list!)

1.frodogenic1
    2.DaenaBenjen42
    3.Ubersue
    4.brodiew

[face_alien_1] Comments?

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    another well done post. i like how this is from both the future looking back, kinda like the memoirs of a talking hand.:p

i liked him getting an ego, made me chuckle.

good update.

19. frodogenic1

Apr 21, 2008
    After this whole debacle about the title, I can't even look at the words--let's see, what were they?--aha--"ecstasy," "luscious," "climax"--without dissolving. Seriously. I took one look and had to stop reading until I got myself under control. I feel like a middle-schooler. It's awful. Write more. :)

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    another well done post. i like how this is from both the future looking back, kinda like the memoirs of a talking hand.

Thank you, Tris! :D

After this whole debacle about the title, I can't even look at the words--let's see, what were they?--aha--"ecstasy," "luscious," "climax"--without dissolving.

Oh, geez. :oops: It wasn't even supposed to be dirty. Funny, yes, but not dirty. Oh well.

It's awful. Write more.

I sure will, but I'll try to clean it up next time. By the Force, what am I going to do...:_|

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just write it snips. whatever comes, comes. don't intentionally try and keep it clean. let people read it however they want.;)

22. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    This is so much fun, but the comments are too funny! So the Force left the hand, but it still has awareness. Good, because I think we're going to get a great look at Luke's life from that perspective, one that we wouldn't normally think of.

Please add me in to your PM notifications; I want to see where that hand has been & where it's going![face_laugh]

23. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    How many talking hands do you know? Priceless. [face_laugh]

Don't worry about cleaning it up ... it really is all innocent until you start looking at it the other way. Or: once you start down the innuendo path, forever will it dominate your destiny. :p

24. frodogenic1

Apr 21, 2008
    Oh, it's not your fault. I blame whichever reviewer it was that commented on the title in the first place. :) Alas, now I can never open up the link without crumbling into hysterics, and obviously in that mood just about anything can/will metamorphose into a double entendre.

But please don't worry about keeping it clean! Seriously, it is already, perfectly. My perspective has just been fatally skewed by The-Reviewer-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named... if it's any consolation, I would be enjoying this enormously anyway. I still am, I just have to reread it a few times before I can switch my mind off of Double Entendre Detection/Invention Mode... :)

Looking forward to next update!

25. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm with Tri on that... just write it as it comes. You can stumble onto the best things that way.

Sure, it wasn?t really my will, but it seems that I?ve acquired an ego of late. Well, I can?t help it. How many talking hands do you know?

Loved it, but this line made me [face_laugh] (Liked the 'absentia has made me forgetful' part, too!)

Well done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.