main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Secret Adventures of Luke's Hand! ~ Diary Challenge '09 - Updated 2/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    don't intentionally try and keep it clean.

I didn't intentionally try and make it dirty! :oops:

Good, because I think we're going to get a great look at Luke's life from that perspective, one that we wouldn't normally think of.

I sure hope so. Thank you!

it really is all innocent until you start looking at it the other way.

Oh, space.

Alas, now I can never open up the link without crumbling into hysterics

Well, at least it keeps you reading...:p

Well done.

Thanks! :cool:

2. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    I quite enjoy the fact that Luke's hand is so philosophical and has its own ambitions. Nontheless, I really must know if there will be a big reunion in the future. How will his hand feel about being replaced by a robotic one? And has he been hanging around the air vents in Bespin this whole time? Isn't he getting a bit ripe at this point?

Also, what exactly are these perks he refers to when he mentions Leia?[face_sick

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Also, what exactly are these perks he refers to when he mentions Leia?

Who knows what subtle machinations occur in the mind of Wormie's hand. :p

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    ENTRY 3

I never knew what it was like to be afraid.

It was sort of like being cold, a frigid, bitter frost that envelopes your whole body and chills your blood. But it was far worse than a mere physical cold. It held you utterly immobile, a ruthless tendril that bound you fast against its beating heart, inescapable except through an act of sheer, coarse will.

Before I lost Luke Skywalker, I had existed only as a limb, as an accessory to his actions. That meant that I could experience physical sensation, but not necessarily true emotion. The only real emotion that was channeled through my fingertips was the remnants of what the remainder of Luke?s body had already experienced. It had something to do with the relationship between the cardiovascular system and the amount of midi-chlorians in Luke?s bloodstream. All anatomical stuff that I know instinctively because of the rather...special...position that I used to hold.

But the terror that had apprehended my spirit didn?t stop my agile mind from wandering. How could I actually be experiencing emotion, a decidedly human thing? Of course, other species are known to exhibit passion as well, but none tend to act upon it in quite the irrational manner that do human beings. Was I now in possession of human intelligence?

A strange little stew of bantha poodoo that I had cooked up. I kind of liked it.

Not that it helped anything.

Up ahead and to my immediate right was a recess that I recognized immediately as some kind of tunnel. If I could crawl up there and lean over toward the edge of the tunnel, maybe I could see what lay below and find some way out of this living incarnation of the hells of Corellia.

Having something resembling a plan made me feel better and more secure about my future. At least I?d have something to occupy myself so I didn?t go insane from fear.

Can I hand go insane?

Ask me sometime later.

So, with that, I edged slowly forward against the dank smoothness of the tunnel, easing along with the power of my middle and forefinger, going somewhere very slowly, and nowhere very fast.

[face_alien_1] Comments?

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    lol! again, really good job rox.

i loved the line, can a hand go insane? ask me sometime later.:p awesome.

also, like the overall tone of this. tongue in cheek, but not overly so.

keep it up.

:snoopy

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So, with that, I edged slowly forward against the dank smoothness of the tunnel, easing along with the power of my middle and forefinger, going somewhere very slowly, and nowhere very fast.

At least the tunnel is smooth, right? That's something...

Wonderful update. :)

7. frodogenic1

frodogenic1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    Before I lost Luke Skywalker

And here I thought Luke lost his hand! I stand corrected. :)

This is a really good story. Can't wait for more!

8. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Oh wow, this is impressing! Very intrigueing and funny. Really looking forward to what adventures the little hand will crawl itself into!

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    also, like the overall tone of this. tongue in cheek, but not overly so.

Thanks, I'm trying to make Luke's hand a more mature version of Luke, but with Luke's innocence.

At least the tunnel is smooth, right? That's something...

Perhaps not...:p

This is a really good story. Can't wait for more!
    Very intrigueing and funny

Thank you! :cool:

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    ENTRY 4

The problem with tasks that don?t require your mental faculties to do much work is that they give your mental faculties time to do too much work. Your mind wanders, your heart is freed, and you find your soul tumbling down into some dark and thrilling oblivion from which there can be no escape. From which you would never dream of escaping.

Then you are forced to awaken once again, your mind is tugged sharply back into the state of being that is known as present, your heart put back in chains, and your soul captured and caged, safe and secluded from dreams once more.

I know not which is worse. The reality of dreams or the dreams of reality.

Upon reaching the tunnel that had been above my landing point, I glanced upward and surveyed the dark confines of my environment. The landscape abounded with crevices and valleys, ledges and terraces, footholds and -- for all intents and purposes -- handholds. It was not as smooth as it had appeared on first glance, and it seemed that it would be possible to make the climb all the way to the top.

That is, if I could make the climb all the way to the top.

And so began what I can only feasibly describe as the most terrifying experience my poor heart, or what ever mechanism powers my senses, could ever hope to endure. Imagine, for one instant, the most horrendous of nightmares, every nuance of your most fondest of drams trampled against the most unspeakable of evils and pounded to dust before your eyes. There is not even the most faded desire to escape because you can?t remember how.

Imagine, for one instant, that nightmare.

I lived it.

[hr]

[face_alien_1] Comments?

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Imagine, for one instant, that nightmare.

I lived it.

*takes moment, imagines...* Somehow, I don't think I'd come close to what Mr. Hand is talking about.

Good entry and apologies for lateness. :)

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    ENTRY 5

I needed a drink.

I never really knew what that sensation was like before then, but I certainly knew what it was like at that moment.

It wasn?t merely the fact that I had breached the height of several buildings, shuddering from raw, mordantly bitter exhaustion, survived a brutal act of mutilation, and was separated from a dear friend and companion, but when I reached the top of the tunnel...

...I almost wished I had let myself die at its depths.

Casting my mind back toward that dark time, I probably had retained a certain amount of ability with the Force through the same midi-chlorians that had facilitated my endurance. Because what I experienced at the return of the site where I had lost my old friend, it was almost too much to bear.

But I crawled past the ledge, toward the building, and toward my destiny.

For, after all, isn?t that what Luke Skywalker would?ve done?

[hr]

[face_alien_1] Comments?

13. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Heheh! Luke would be so proud of his hand if he only knew what he went through!

I guess I'm asking too much if I request an Addams Family crossover... a conversation between Luke's hand and Thing would be very entertaining. For me, anyway.

I'm loving this hand's continual existential angst. [face_laugh]

14. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Ha-Ha that's just what Luke needs a hand with a drinking problem just think how that would tarnish his record if the hand were ever found! [face_laugh]

15. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    ENTRY 6

Be careful what you wish for, I always say.

Well, I didn?t used to say that, but I certainly do now.

Lando Calrissian had spared no expense in the construction of his personal living quarters in this opulent city in the clouds, and that included the numerous cantinas punctuating every corner on every street. Breathtakingly beautiful, so majestic that my metaphorical heart aches at the very thought of them, Bespin was a city to top all cities, a veritable palace drifting in and out of the misty shimmer of eternal firmament. Needless to say, the cantinas weren?t half-bad, either.

I wandered into one, struggling to remain unnoticed, and tried to absorb any sustenance that the patrons had happened to leave behind on the floor. Unfortunately, the cleaning droids were highly efficient, and left little to feast upon, even for a small hand like me, polishing the floor, wine in hue, to a blinding gleam.

Easing my sore bulk under an unoccupied booth, I rolled over and stared blankly at the table above. Noting blankly that I could see my reflection in the high-polished synth-wood, I allowed my mind a brief moment of respite, ambling blindly across a coolly refreshing sea of nothingness. After some time, exhausted from the day?s events, I began to doze.

[hr]

[face_alien_1] Comments?

16. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Can't wait for someone to sit on him. [face_laugh] Great Job!

17. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    can i be added to the pm list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.