main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Secret Diary of a Padawan (OC, 'Dear Diary Challenge 2008') (completed 28/12/08)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by moosemousse, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Wow, what a journey.
    The little boy must be rahter strong in the force, to be felt that far away. Yay for saving him![face_dancing]
    I wonder if he saw her saving him? Maybe he'd let her near him then? Would be interesting to see.

I'm sorry she missed expansion week, though.:( She was so looking forward to meeting the special someone. Well, she did get some compensation, I'd say.

2. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    I wonder who that boy is, and why he was being chased... [face_thinking] I hope the color is good. :D

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Date: Natunda 35 Telona
    Time: 20:27
    Subject: Way too busy and stuff
    Mood: Tired

Entry:
    Last time I updated this I was about to leave for the Southern Station and make the trek to the Crystal Caves. I think I'll start there. The journey to the Station was uneventful, and we stopped for lunch at the temple where I had my Trial. We arrived late in the evening and had a quick dinner before going to bed. My Master and I meditated for most of the next day in preparation for the journey ahead. My Master was to stay behind while I went off, but he was still offering guidance, for which I was thankful. The next morning I set out on a sturdy beast used as transport during the colder months. I could have had a speeder bike, but I chose the creature. I've heard that the model of speeder bike that they have at the Station don't like the cold.

At about mid-day the snow started falling, adding more to that already on the ground. My trusty steed didn't seem to notice and we went on, eventually reaching the cave late in the afternoon. The caves contain a series of chambers branching off from a main tunnel. The first chamber was off to the right and was the main chamber for those not going further in. It had crude furnishings, the bare essentials for weary travellers. Opposite was another chamber where vehicles and mounts could be put. I put my mount there before getting dinner and sleeping.

The next day I went down through the caves until I reached the Crystal Chamber. The Chamber itself is fairly well hidden with only a narrow entrance, just big enough for a single humanoid. The entrance tunnel showed signs of crystals long gone, taken by lazy Padawans who did not want to bother going all the way in. The Chamber is fairly impressive, a large domed cavern bristling with crystals. The Chamber is vastly taller than it is wide, but there are only crystals down to a certain point. Throughout the year the chamber floods to this level and the waters are seemingly bottomless. A plasteel grate floor was constructed just below the lowest crystals, the mesh is wide enough to let water through quickly but small enough not to let crystals through. Stepping down onto the mesh I removed my outer robes and walked to the middle of the Chamber and sat down to meditate.

Time seemed immaterial as I sat there. For what seemed like an age nothing happened. And then the gentle glow of the crystals through the force grew brighter and began focussing overhead, turning into a sun. I was now on a desert world. Looking forward I could see an army of droids and behind me there was an army of faceless humanoids. The two armies were rushing towards each other and I was leading the faceless men into combat. Before we got to melee distance I was firing two pistols, like the one I had chosen for the Green mission. At the last moment I put the away and pulled out my lightsabres. At times they were two separate lightsabres and at other times they were one, a single double-bladed lightsabre, their curved hilts seeming to join and come apart with ease.

The faceless men pushed further ahead than I on either side and, as the last droid fell, they closed in around me. Something shifted in them and they raised the weapons and pointed them at me. Leaping high I managed to avoid the first volley of fire. Landing in their midst I began to kill them. Limbs and blood flew everywhere under the hot sun, and I liked it.

The sun grew brighter as I battled. It split into two as everything else dissolved around me. They grew to blinding intensity until I could stand no more. Summoning all my strength I sent a focused Push at one bright light, twisting to Push the other one. They went out and all was dark.

Slowly the world crept back in. The warm glow of the Chamber seeped into my consciousness. When I opened my eyes I found I was standing with a crystal in each hand. I stowed them in my pockets before putting on my robes and walking out.

I spent the night there and set out in the morning

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    two crystals. Will the padawan make two lightsabers?

Nice update showing us the journey to the crystal cave.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW that was some vision!

It would be nice if the Force would, just once, quietly lead someone to the crystals they are meant to have :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A great chapter! Your descriptions were very powerful.

The sun grew brighter as I battled. It split into two as everything else dissolved around me. They grew to blinding intensity until I could stand no more. Summoning all my strength I sent a focused Push at one bright light, twisting to Push the other one. They went out and all was dark.

Slowly the world crept back in. The warm glow of the Chamber seeped into my consciousness. When I opened my eyes I found I was standing with a crystal in each hand. I stowed them in my pockets before putting on my robes and walking out.

=D=

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    She's seeing the Clone Wars?
    And there's potential for her to go dark side, I am worried.[face_worried]
    But ever in motion the future is. I hope she stays a Jedi.

I wonder what the other Jedi think about her vision. And what was all the other things happen she has no time to tell? Hopefully nothing back. But she doesn't seem to be in the med ward (again:p ) so I think everything's alright.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Date: Natunda 5 Nelona
    Time: 20:13
    Subject: Of sabres and knights
    Mood: tired

Entry:
    Five weeks ago I returned to the Academy with my lightsabre crystals. After a long refreshing sleep I took a long time to get ready, which was nice. Taking my crystals I went to the Workshop to begin building my new lightsabres. I settled down with some flimsy and some design tools and then I blanked out, waking up the next morning with my lightsabres designed. There's a large machine in the workshop that makes generic parts for lightsabres and blasters, you just feed it a code and wait. After a while it just spits out the part. The designs I woke up with included a long list of these codes. After checking them I fed them into the machine. It said it'd take a few hours to make the parts so I took the opportunity to freshen up.

As I left my quarters I remembered the strange boy I rescued and went to the Healers' Ward. They'd locked him in a secure room as he was just lashing out violently against everyone. They couldn't calm him down and they couldn't communicate with him at all. In the end they locked him in the room in the hope that he'd calm down. This wasn't the case though. Still, I decided to take a look at him, through the window in the door.

He was sitting there facing away from the door. When he noticed there was someone watching he leapt and ran towards the door. I think he recognised me as he slowed down and the anger fell away, and he padded up to the transparisteel slowly. I could see sadness in his eyes as he stood there. I raised my hand against the window and he slowly copied me.

One of the healers noticed what was going on and came over. When the boy saw the healer he went off again, banging the window and everything. The healer quickly pulled me away and the boy was still making a row when I left.

When I got back to the workshop the lightsabre parts were nearly ready and I spent the time going through the plans so I could understand construction. Taking the parts I did a quick dry run, just fitting the pieces together to see how they went together. The hilts are quite long and slightly curved. They're shaped in such a way that one is comfortable in the left hand and the other is comfortable in the right hand. After checking them out like this and being satisfied with them I built them properly, not leaving the workshop until they were finished. I was fairly nervous when it came to igniting them for the first time, but it turned out OK. I ignited them with my eyes shut and was pleasantly surprised to find the blades to be red-y orange in colour. They are nice but they do kind of clash with my robes a bit.

On the morning of Datunda I took my finished sabres to the practice halls and began practicing with them. They were weighted very differently to my old sabre, but they were a lot easier to use thanks to the curve in the hilt. The joining mechanism was fantastic, the joining and separation of the two hilts was very fluid. I couldn't have come up with it if I had tried, which begs the question as to how I did come up with them.

At noon I went to the canteen and grabbed lunch. Leaving my new sabres on the table in front of me I sat down to eat. As I was eating my Master came over to me and sat down opposite me. He looked at my lightsabre and made small talk. After making sure I was free that afternoon before asking me to join him. I agreed and followed him. We talked as we walked, or rather he talked and I listened. He kept going on about all my flaws and failings and the areas where I'm not good enough. Eventually we stopped outside a room and he turned to me and said "just remember, you can always learn to be better". I nodded sagely and he opened the door. The room was pitch black and I was nervous as I walked in.

As the door closed a dozen lightsabres snap-hissed and filled the room with a multi-coloured glow as a dozen Knights held their lightsabres in front of their faces. Master Yoda stood on a small podium and sai

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and now she is a Knight wonderful update showing us the making of her saber and the Knighting ceremony

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    They are nice but they do kind of clash with my robes a bit

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Let's hope you don't have to use it very often, then.

How very appropriate of Yoda to pass on words of wisdom after the knighting ceremony.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    After comming the certain someone we met up for a nice meal together to celebrate. They had to leave for a long mission on the Atunda so we made the most of that night and Natunda, with lots of cuddles and snuggles and generally just being together. It was bliss.

I seem to have said more about this than I had intended to, and I still have so much more to write about. I guess that'll have to wait until I can grab some spare time next week.

Wonderful update! =D=

12. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    That was interesting. Two new lightsabers and a Knighting, both of which were described in a really cool way. Can't wait to see what happens next. :)

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So she got the double sabers? Wow, didn't think she'd actually get them, I thought it was more like a symbol that she could become Jedi or Sith.[face_thinking]

They are nice but they do kind of clash with my robes a bit.

A fashion victim?[face_laugh] Maybe if she becomes a Sith, she gets black robes and it doesn't clash anymore...:p

Love that the boy remembers her. But those healers...[face_not_talking]
    They need to give them more time together. I'm sure they get along and can get up a relationship. That boy is very interesting.:D

Yay! She got knighted. But what's she doing with the braid as braclet?:confused:
    And you never stop learning. Good creed for a Jedi to live by, it has my consent.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Date: Natunda 15 Nelona
    Time: 20:13
    Subject: So much has happened
    Mood: Calm

Entry:
    After seeing my special someone off on the Atunda I took the opportunity to go and see the boy I'd rescued. The Healers hadn't made any progress with him so far, which was slightly disheartening. After a brief discussion with the Head Healer I was given the key card to the boy's room. I waited outside until he'd seen me before entering. I'm not a Healer, but I can tell if there's something seriously wrong with a person. He let me get close enough to give him a rudimentary check over, and he seemed to be well enough. The only problem was all the dirt and grime.

I left him sitting on his bed while I spoke to the Head Healer and it was agreed that I'd take the boy to the cleaning facilities and clean him up. I gathered some spare robes for the boy and myself and took them back to the boy. After making sure that the way was clear of people I took the boy to get cleaned. The facilities were designed for long term patients, it doesn't get a lot of use but it's better to have it and not need than to not have it and need it. There are both sonic showers and water based cleaning, and I decided to go with the water, it seemed like the sonic cleaning might upset the boy.

The cleaning was interesting to say the least. It degenerated into a water fight within minutes and we ended up soaked from head to toe, which is just as well. It tired him out a bit and he let me undress him and clean him. The cleaning products did cause a few issues but after I demonstrated them on myself he was OK. I did have somewhat of a surprise though, it turned out that the boy was not a boy after all, but a girl. Once she was clean it was easy to describe her. She had a hard face and short black hair, it looked like it would only grow to be that long. Her body is covered in a fine downy hair and her limbs are thick and muscular, though she has wasted away without food. It doesn't seem to have affected her badly. I gave her a towel to dry herself and the robes and put her in a cubicle while I cleaned and dressed myself.

After taking her back to her room I'd found that the Healers had cleaned it and replaced the broken furniture. I sat her on her bed and went to get a Healer. I returned to her first and managed to keep the girl distracted while the Healer slipped in. By the time the girl noticed the Healer she'd been sitting there for a while and it didn't take long to calm her. The girl sat fascinated by us as the Healer took a sample of my blood and didn't seem to mind when it was her turn.

Over the week I continued to see the girl, either she wouldn't talk or she couldn't, but we continued to talk to her, gradually introducing more and more Healers. My Master came in as well. It seemed important that we get her used to people. She couldn't stay in the Healers Ward for ever.

In the next week we began showing her around the ward, showing her all the equipment that's used. We started off with small things and worked up to bigger bits of equipment and droids. By the end of that week she was happy to wander around the Wards on her own.

In the next week I started taking her around the Academy, showing her the quiet places first. Mostly I kept to the parts that were generally quiet or areas that were quiet because there weren't many people at the time.

On the 35 Telona I took the girl to the communal play area to meet all the other Younglings. I thought it would do her good to play with children her own age. We're still not sure how old she is exactly though, but that doesn't seem to matter. I went with my Master and we were watching from some benches. I'd had doubts about her, about whether she'd get on well with the others. It was as we were watching that a young Twi'Lek girl came over.

"Why won't that girl answer me? Is she stupid or something?" She asked.

My Master answered before I could, "Sie spricht dene Sprache nicht. Sie versteht dich nicht."

The Twi'Lek blinked, o

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see the diarist getting the confidence of the boy who turns out to be a girl. Will they meet again? Love to see more interaction between them.

Great update=D=

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...I love how well the Jedi are taking care of their mysterious guest

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And the water fight sounded like such fun!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful update! I wonder who this mystery guest is?

=D=

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    W00t? :eek:
    The boy is a girl, and what's all that hair???
    I like how she's slowing acclimating to her new enviroment. maybe she'll get it, that noboy want to hurt her there. Yet.o_O

"Why won't that girl answer me? Is she stupid or something?" She asked.

My Master answered before I could, "Sie spricht dene Sprache nicht. Sie versteht dich nicht."

The Twi'Lek blinked, obviously not understanding my Master, so I translated for her. "She doesn't speak you language. She doesn't understand you."

Now that is a perfect example for teaching by example! =D=
    Good thing for me I do speak German...
    I wonder if the girl (doesn't she have a name?:confused: ) will draw something, and if, what. [face_worried] There's some kind of therapy with drawing....

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    MsLanna: her species if just naturally hairy, like Cathars but not that hairy. Think of a hairy man and instead of that hair it's very fine and very pale.

And now, the last of the 'catch up' updates. I'm finally back on track with this. The pace will slow down to normal now.

[b]Date[/b]: Natunda 20 Nelona
    [b]Time[/b]: 23:37
    [b]Subject[/b]: Missions and clothes and haircuts
    [b]Mood[/b]: Tired

[b]Entry[/b]:
    On Atunda 1 Nelona I took the young girl to talk with one of the Jedi Teachers. The Teacher is more used to dealing with toddlers and very young children but took an exception when I explained the situation. She'll be teaching the girl how to read and write in basic and hopefully teach her how to speak as well. The Force isn't something you can help others use without communication, and it seemed important that we can at least communicate with her somehow. I sensed a lot of potential in her when we rescued her, it'd be a shame to watch her grow too old to be trained.

I took the opportunity to visit Reelok, the young boy we picked up a while ago, the one who made the braid I now wear as a bracelet. He was in a lesson so I just watched from the outside. He seemed to be adjusting well to Academy life. I'm pleased for him. My Master came over while I was watching and we went off to talk. He mentioned that he'd considered taking Reelok on as his Padawan. I felt a twinge of something, maybe anger, maybe jealousy, I'm not sure. I still think of him as my Master even though he's not. It's hard to think of him being someone else's Master. He mentioned that I should start thinking about a Padawan, though I said I wasn't sure I was ready for one.

It turned out that he also wanted to talk to me about something else. A mission he wanted me to go on. He and I were to go on a diplomatic mission, leaving the next week. I agreed quickly and when we parted I hurried over to the Academy tailor.

I settled on some loose black trousers with large stompy black boots. I'd decided not to go with traditional attire and instead chose a longish tunic with three quarter length sleeves. I still kept the belt which I wear over tunic. My blasters hang down and sit mid-thigh and my lightsabres attach horizontally to the belt with the emitters pointing behind me. It's all in black, which I like. I have nice black robes that I can wear over the top of this if I want. I also managed to find a pair of tactical goggles that would serve as both a data display and protection against the sun.

My next stop was the hairdresser. My hair had grown a few centimetres by then and it almost seemed weird what I'd do to it. I had it completely shaved off from two centimetres above my ear and down so there was only the fluffy hair on top. It would go well with the goggles.

The week passed slowly with me preparing for the mission. I was glad I was given so long to prepare as there was so much to take in and understand. The goggles came with a small computer that attached to my belt, I had a feeling I'd be using it a lot. From the outside it all seemed so petty, but it had been going on so long that neither side wanted to admit fault and neither side would give any ground.

We've been going at it for three weeks now and it's like trying to get blood out of a stone. We do seem to be making some progress though, so it's not all bad. A large part of the problem is that they were agreeing with each other on some things but they were they were explaining themselves seemed contrary to the other side, and because they appeared to be disagreeing with each other it just kept going. My Master and I spent a lot of time working through everything and sorting out what was going on and in the end we managed to sort out a few disputes by just explaining things in a way that was clear and acceptable to both side.

We've got another week to go before we run out of time here. I'm hopeful that we'll get an agreement finalised and signed by the end of the week. If we haven't got it finalised by then at least we'

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice seeing how she is dressing and having thoughts about the young ones.

Great update=D==D=

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I read this early today and didn't get to leave a comment. :p So I'm back!

The week passed slowly with me preparing for the mission. I was glad I was given so long to prepare as there was so much to take in and understand. The goggles came with a small computer that attached to my belt, I had a feeling I'd be using it a lot. From the outside it all seemed so petty, but it had been going on so long that neither side wanted to admit fault and neither side would give any ground.

We've been going at it for three weeks now and it's like trying to get blood out of a stone. We do seem to be making some progress though, so it's not all bad. A large part of the problem is that they were agreeing with each other on some things but they were they were explaining themselves seemed contrary to the other side, and because they appeared to be disagreeing with each other it just kept going. My Master and I spent a lot of time working through everything and sorting out what was going on and in the end we managed to sort out a few disputes by just explaining things in a way that was clear and acceptable to both side.

Wonderful job. =D=

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ah the frustration of dragged out negotiations.

I sympathize and hope an agreement can be reached as quickly as possible!

I am starting to get homesick though

Not surprising considering she's had no real contact with her friends and that special someone.

Great update

=D==D= =D= =D=

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Definitely a fashion victim. :p
    And the first Jedi-Cyper-Punk I hear off.[face_laugh]

Those negotiations sound boring. I be she has some music on his tiny comp and kept tuning out.:p I would have.
    At least, things seem to get better, if slowly. One month is a long time to spend on a mission like that. I understand she's missing her spüecial somebody, and I wonder what it is, she's missing. [face_worried]

24. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    I loved the description of the outfit, it sounds like something I would wear. Except for the hair. :p

That they found intrigues me. Will she ever learn Basic and be able to tell them her story, I wonder?

Great updates. :D

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Date: Datunda 3 Helona
    Time: 23:54
    Subject: What a tiring few weeks
    Mood: Tired

Entry:
    The diplomatic mission I was on with my Master continued to go smoothly, though it took a little long than we had hoped. Towards the end of the last week we were so close to finalising everything that we were requested to stay an extra week. We contacted the Academy and they agreed to the extra week, but at double the fee. This was agreed to and we stayed. We managed to wrap it all up in two days and the rest of the time was spent going over the whole thing with a fine toothed comb. On the last day it was all signed and everything was done. Hooray! My first diplomatic treaty completed.

When it came to paying the fees we had a surprise in store. The Academy's fees were paid with no problem, but we were also given a gift of gratitude. This turned out to be a large some of money for both of us. We couldn't refuse so we accepted graciously.

On the way back to the Academy we took a detour past a trading station. My Master looked for a few personal supplies and left me to look around on my own. I found a nice little vibro-knife that straps to the upper arm and hangs upside down. The vibro unit is small but it's really good. I got an upgrade for my journal, and a few personal items. I also got matching wrist-chronos for me and my special someone. They have a built in holo-emitters and I put on some holos of us together and us on our own so we?ll always have images of each other to look at when we?re apart.

After that, we went back to the academy where I got another surprise. My quarters had been relocated and I had been given larger quarters. Instead of a small room, a small kitchen, and a small bathroom, I had a larger bathroom and a single large room that had everything else in it. The size of the room easily makes up for it having everything in it, and I think it works out better like this. If I want more living space I can move kitchen stuff out the way, if I want more kitchen space I can move living stuff out of the way. My special someone hadn't returned so I couldn't show it off straight away.

I've been spending the last two weeks with the young girl we rescued. She can write crudely but still has problems speaking, but she's learning. She can say a few names, mostly her own, her Teacher's and mine. Her name is Chale. It seems to suit her well. Though it took a while, we eventually found out what had happened before we had picked her up. It's quite a story.

Her parents were Force users, though they didn't know it was the Force. There had been others and they were killed when they openly used their ability so Chale and her parents hid it, only using it when there was no one around. Unfortunately something went wrong and everyone was put in danger. Chale's father used the Force to save everyone, and instead of thanking him, they turned on him. Chale's parents struggled against the mob but they were outnumbered. Chale's father fell first, and her mother fell shortly after. Chale managed to make an escape somehow but was chased by the mob. That was when we came in and rescued her.

On Productivity Day, I took her somewhere nice where we could relax and I could teach her some meditation basics. She kept getting fidgety, which isn't surprising. By the end of the day I could sense a great change in her, she seemed less tangled, calmer, more in control. She continued with her lessons and I started to teach her how to use the Force properly. She still has a long way to go, she has so much raw power and very little control. She will learn yet, or at least I hope she will. It's only been four days but I can see a marked improvement already.

I've just come back from a long meeting with my Master. We discussed Padawans for the most part. I talked to him about taking Chale as my Padawan. He wasn't sure it was a good idea at the moment, what with Chale being so untrained, but he agreed that we had been bonding so well. He had decided to take Reel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.