main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Seedy Side: A characterization thread and index for the SW underworld - MOVED December 27, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Fate, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Welcome, Antilles!

Well, a Seedy-Sider at the most basic level is someone from the underworld. So it could be anything from a serial killer to a smuggler. We like to focus on those in the gray areas of morality.

Droids are tricky, but I?d say HK-47 counts. He?s programmed to be especially lacking in scruples, it seems. He?s also quite independent for an automaton, and a bit self-centered. I look forward to reading it, if that?s where you go with the challenge. :D

So murder, or killing in general, is not always dark/evil. The right thing can't always be accomplished by being righteous. Even more so in the case of the folks of the Seedy Side.

*nods sagely*

Great to hear your thoughts on the topic!

Yod: I hope you do that; I'll read it too!

I better form some kind of response to the challenge since I came up with it. I'm thinking I'll write something about Alias Sibul from Galaxy Noir III...

2. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Oh, thank you so much for editing the link and summary for me. :)

3. SeedySider

SeedySider Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    No problem, Antilles!

The_Face has posted his response to the challenge here: Broken

Who's next? [face_skull] ;)

4. SeedySider

SeedySider Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Well, it's happened. To make everything run much more smoothly around here, I give you The Seedy Side, V. 2.0.

Don't worry; all the fics from this index (and the few that have been waiting to have theirs moved to the front page) are still there, and it's still pretty. It was just getting too complicated a process to update the thread.

I hope you'll all keep participating. Together we will prolong this destructive conflict and profit from it in slightly illegal ways. ;)

SeedySider out.

5. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

It?s all official now ? settled, steadied, moved? now I can flit about me business without feeling guilt pangs. Bless ye, SeedySider. Bless ye for a rogue and a bloody good idea.

And as for ye, Face? *curtsies deeply*

TSS couldn?t ask for a worthier captain. From the bottom of me frenzied soul, I thankee. [face_mischief]

And now it?s all settled, I?ll be editing th? thread's title to ward off confusion. It?s been a good run ? dash over to TSS?s new home, me hearties. :cool:

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.