main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shado Varmiri: Fan Club of the various Force Sects in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    It's hard to say with a ton of variables to be considered. Who is doing it and when and where. And most definitely What are they doing? So I think the potential is plausible, but extremely difficult to actually succeed except for minor changes that ultimately only go so far.

Otherwise I would imagine things would have been changed a time or two already. And while the characters wouldn't know if that had happened already or not, we, the readers would. And it clearly never did. Not an angle anyone wished to focus on.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Jensaarai remain my favourite among the offshoots from the Jedi and Sith, though I do enjoy how the Witches of Dathomir have the Nightsisters as 'their Sith'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I like the blend of all of them here. *Melts into the background*

'We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers.'

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Agreed about the Jensaarai. My top two are them and the Aing-Tii myself. :D

And good quote to fit the Varmiri, Mitth_Fisto. Good quote. ;)

Does any member of the Jedi, Sith, Grey Jedi, or even Mandalorian groups dare to hop in and create an opposite to any of their other faction characters, joining the Shado Varmiri? Who knows, who knows…It'll take courage and ambition. [face_mischief]

Of course, Mitth & Sinre have already passed that test. :cool:

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm nearly there on the powers...

6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *chuckles* Apologies. I know, it's quite a bit to wade through. But the Force's power demands proper representation. [face_mischief]

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's beautiful. Mindnumbingly so.

Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I already reached out to you about that, so you know my intentions. ;)

It should be quite interesting, to say the least.

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    What's the difference between this group and the grey Jedi?

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

10. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    this focuses on all of the smaller force groups that don't... fit in the sith, jedi, or grey jedi? there's literally no similarities between this and the grey jedi?

from the first post, (which would have answered your question if you'd looked)

Shado Varmiri

An original creation that lends itself to something canon. You see, this is the Fan Club for all things more secular, elusive, and small in the Force factional-wise.

There are the Jedi of the Light.

There are the Sith of the Dark.

There are the Gray Jedi whom stride for the middle path.

And there is everyone else, forgotten yet so prevalent in the galaxy. The Force sects and cults with their own unique cultures and abilities. We enjoy them here, give them a voice, and discuss.

The armored Jensaarai. The spell-weaving Dathomiri Witch Clans. The wise Baran Do Sages. The telekinetically impressive Zeison Sha. The elemental and martial arts savvy Shapers of Kro Var. The mysterious and deadly Seyugi Dervish. The diplomatic and crafty Jal Shey. And the hidden darkness of Mustafar: the Blackguard. The independent Fallanassi. The cruel yet powerful Ember of Vahl.

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I was talking philosophically, yes.

greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, for the Shado Varmiri, there is some freedom in some of the assimilated thinking due to there still being a bit of an alliance/coalition feel. But predominantly, they are different from the others in the sense that they focus more on the physical and 'now'.

They don't fret as much over light or dark generally, but nor do they think about how the Force is one or not; they simply do what they feel they must (often protecting those under their care or venturing to liberate those they feel are in need of it) and achieve it with whatever means are necessary and available to them. The Jedi, Sith, and Greys would be viewed as focusing a little too much on the background "why" or "how" of the Force and workings of the universe.

Most Varmiri if asked would say something akin to: "By not just focusing what is in front of them [the other orders] and how they immediately interact with the world and galaxy, they lose touch with that which they seek. In action, whether mundane or extreme, the answers will present themselves to you. Whether a perceived discovery as the Sith may say or a reward from the Will of the Force as the Jedi may state, the answers arrive through simply 'doing' regardless."

You can see the influences of the Dathomiri and the Baran Do especially in that regard. This is the best way to describe the philosophical leanings of the Shado Varmiri.

They basically state the idea of humans having lost touch with nature by inadvertently turning away from it and just supplant it with the Force instead of nature. Its the same concept.

That help? :)

Dioskouros and QueenSabe7 like this.
  14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, not really​, because the Grey Jedi also don't care much about the other Force orders as they are isolationist in nature. But is what you're saying more along the lines that the Varmiri are more self indulgent in nature, choosing to focus on their own individual goals rather than a unified purpose like the balance of the Force?

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  15. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    This is a really cool group. I'd join if my plate wasn't already too full. :)

Kudos to all of you!

Sinrebirth and Darth_Elu like this.
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Not so much interaction with the other Orders, as they have their own feelings on them. Mainly distrust toward both Jedi and Sith...complete uncertainty with Greys. But they have a unified goal, just nothing in the realm of the Force.

"Am what I doing bring balance?" or "Am I championing the Light/Dark?" Nothing like that. More like: "Am what I'm doing protecting people? Am I helping the Shado Varmiri?"

So while it seems all good and nice, which it is, there is a darker side in self-indulgence on behalf of the entire order/culture rather than pure individualism, yes. Shado Varmiri above all else.

Sounds strange, but I would say: "Unintentional Elitism." ...Which is still elitism, though they are open to bringing new people into the fold rather than illogically pushing people away just because they weren't born with them. So it shows both light and dark, but they just tend to have a disregard in how their actions affect the Force as they believe no matter what they do, it's simply meant to be anyway. So they focus on more physical level things.

Kind of a mindset more like a mainstream political faction, such as the Old Republic or Galactic Empire. Rather than viewing everything through the lens of the Force like a traditional order.

Jedi: The Force is an ally to serve.
    Sith: The Force is a tool to wield.
    Grey: The Force is one and thus everything. (From my understanding)
    Varmiri: I just do what needs to be done. The Force will assist when I need it.

The other orders as I view it, state the Force very quickly when explaining their motivations. They immediately describe its use in relation to their tasks, whether banal or not. The Shado Varmiri simply state the task they had to do and don't bother overlong on figuring out how the Force factors into it.

You can take this two ways:

The negative perception: Arrogant members taking the Force for granted.
    or
    The positive perception: Devoted members simply having faith that the Force is guiding them/ready to be used by them without needing to question.

As with most things, both can be construed as correct.

Really hoping I'm not messing up these explanations. LOL

Anakin.Skywalker Thank you for the well wishes, I fully understand the full plate. :) Feel free to join the RPG however if you wish to and can manage to squeeze time in for that. Membership not required for that. ;)

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Okay I see. So they view the Force as a tool rather than​ a way of life. Sorta like the Imperial Knight's view of the ​Force.

Dioskouros and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah, their mindset is fairly close to the Imperial Knights. That's a good comparison.

Dioskouros and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I also notice some similarities with the Green Jedi of Corellia. Despite some obvious differences.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    The Green Jedi? Ooo. A group I haven't heard of or am forgetting, either or. More research for me! :D

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I find that the Varmiri seek to provide a wider view of the Force. They are open to its many natures and as such as naturally balanced.

The Grey are part of the Light and Dark divide that the Varmiri appear to be rejecting.

Of course it's a question how much such a talking shop will get done, but that's half the fun.

22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The grey aren't part of the light or dark divide either. The main thing about them is that​ they reject it.

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *Jedi, Sith, & Grey representatives all yell at each other in a Senate like building over Force philosophy and about the very nature of the light/dark divide*

Varmiri: :rolleyes: *heads out to do other things…………….

…….while conveniently ignoring the fact that there are a few Varmiri representatives also arguing despite themselves* (Hey, the Diviners and Sages are there after all. ;) )

24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If you read I, Jedi you basically already know of the Green Corellian Jedi Elu ;)

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    It has been so long now…but I see, I see. Thank ye for that reminder. ;)

Mikaboshi and Sinrebirth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.