main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Shattered Galaxy: OOC Commentary / GM Triumvirate thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The multiple threads are Hammer-approved.

This thread is for commentary and discussion of The Shattered Galaxy, including discussions of the storylines. It is a place where you can plan an in-character meetup with other players, and it is a place where factions will discuss their future plans. It is also the place where players request GM attention and make objections if/when necessary. It is also the place where the GMs will post their findings. Remember that the Triumvirate's rulings cannot be disputed, and that personal attacks and arguments that break the rules of the JC will not be acceptable.

It is permissible and encouraged to have banter and discussion about the game and posts made in it, but this is not a general social thread. You can mention in passing that you had a bad day and maybe you won't be posting, but you shouldn't talk about the fun you had at the movies. Please do that at the RPF social thread, Hooper McFinney's Bar & Grille.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/28750020/p1/?1]The Main Game thread[/link] is for in-character posts and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/28742447/p1/?25]The Information and profiles[/link] thread is where the rules and backstory of the game are, along with information on how to create a character.

Happy chatting!

2. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I have a grievence already.

This thread is hard to find :p

3. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    I agree with Thok...

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Shouldn't the premise/profile thread be merged here/moved over here now that the game has started? It will sink into oblivion otherwise, since the influx of new meat is going to drop to a trickle after a certain point.

5. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    Still...if we move it, people might not find it.

I agree with Thok and DVC. This thread IS hard to find.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I just used the link in the other threads :p

And I need someone to meet up with. Otherwise I'll just be off on my own for the whole game...

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I agree, but Hammer moved it over because there's no actual RPing content in here. What can you do?

I guess we just have to get used to using the links atop each thread. That's what I'm doing.

Anyway, here's a few things the GMs have been discussing:

Preliminary Fleet System:
    We're going to set up several fleet categories containing a certain number of ships. This will be a scaled value, based on the idea that an Imperial Star Destroyer and a Mon Cal Cruiser is worth exactly 1 ship. Other ships will be worth more or less, depending, for example, a SSD is said to be worth 20 ISDs.

The fleet categories are:

1 = ship = captain or lower
    5 = line = line captain to rear admiral
    12 = squadron = vice admirals and admirals
    24 = sector group (sector fleet for the Alliance) = fleet admirals and grand admirals
    48 = armada = unavailable for use, and reserved for GM purposes

So, let's say a GM allowed you to use an SSD. This would require a minimum rank of fleet admiral, and a sector group. It'd take up 20 slots, leaving you 4 left over. You could have four ISDs/MC80s, or 8 VSDs since they're worth about half an ISD.

This is all just a sketch at the moment--the GMs will talk about and revise this system along with feedback from you, and the final version will be appended to the rules post as well as posted here.

We want to focus on making things interesting without making giant messy fleets or anything like that. SW is a big galaxy, but minimalism works best for a game even if there would be large fleets canonically. We can always say that the trauma of the civil war destroyed most of the galaxy's ships.

[b]Story lines (Imperial)[/b]

[u]Hapes[/u]
    Thok - Hapan noble (pro-Empire)
    Jabba-wocky - Imperial moff, his handler
    RK_Striker_JK5 - Hapan noble (pro Alliance)

You can see the intrigue and the fun already.

[u]Negotiations with the Alliance[/u]
    Jaina Byrd - Imperial advisor
    s65Horsey - Leia (Alliance character, obviously)

[u]Scouting run into Sith Space[/u]
    Rebecca_Daniels - Imperial VSD captain

That's the "assignments" I've made so far. Hopefully gameplay will be interesting for those five. Obviously, none of this has happened IC--the characters will need to be sent on their missions and the like, but it gives us an idea OOC.

8. Whill_I_Am

Whill_I_Am Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    I'll post this here if it's alright, as a response to Jello's GM Note in the main thread: No arguments about what you've said as you're completely in the right considering the Empire is really xenophobic towards the alien races, but in my own defense (and that of my character) I don't think he went there to hear a speech, nor was it even mentioned. If I should change my post or repost it, I can do that if it's really bending some laws, but would it perhaps be a small enough grievance to allow some leniency on behalf of the GM?

~Regards: Whill

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, it's a minor note. You don't necessarily need to change your post, it's just that you put the setting of your post up top (along with your name) at the auditorium, where you really wouldn't be.

It's not a matter of xenophobia as much as status.

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I was glancing around the SWRPF for like ten minutes, on just the first page, before I realized I couldn't find this. I used the Game Thread link, so I'm cool with its location. But, I do think we should do something about the story and character page, as I like to use my and other sheets as a reference, to species, height, occupation and the like. I'm sure I'm not alone, so Jello, what do you say about getting that done?

Anyways, my Verpine character is going to be at Westport docking bays, if anyone needs a ride, or someone to talk to. If you don't feel like sifting through my long post, you can find the character at a bar I invented called Sienar's pub. Little buggy character. Green and stuff. Hard to miss.

11. Whill_I_Am

Whill_I_Am Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    I understand completely. You'll have to understand I was just trying to start near a fellow bounty hunter for the sake of simplicity at the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if Gjorgji was confronted by some higher-ups and almost taken into custody.

~Regards: Whill

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Story and character page? Do you refer to the Rules/Profiles thread? It's accessible via links on all the other threads as well, including this one.

Or if you mean the story groupings I've just made, those aren't part of any "official" storyline that belongs in the rule page, but just things I've done to help people along.

Or do you mean some sort of compilation of character profiles?

13. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    I mean the Rules and Profiles page. Won't it be auto-locked after a while, if we don't get many new players?

14. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    It takes months for the auto-lock to take effect, and besides, one of the GMs is a mod if you haven't noticed. :p It won't be a problem.

*scurries off to finish sheet*...

15. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Alright, well. Nevermind.

16. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Correct. Threads require six months of inactivity to get locked. Hopefully we'd never reach such a point--and if we did, I could unlock it, yes.

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Or I could ;)

Jello running a multithread RPG on the RPF. I fully approve. :)

19. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Note to Whill, I changed the location of my post to a "near-by holotheater" since in hind sight that was a rather dumb place to start but i figuered it was the easiest spot to jump in.

Out of curiosity, Imperial Center is still Coruscaunt right?

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's been a long time in coming. I guess that shows by how quickly it sprang into existence.

It feels nice and homey, even though this newfangled multiple forum thing will take getting used to!

DVC: Right-o. Imperial Center == Coruscant.

21. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Hello folks!

I'm going to be keeping this thread here in Resource. This is what Resource is here for. Sorry about having the thread hard to find, but if I make an exception for one game, I'll have to make an exception for everyone.

Plus, if the RPR is ever to become anything, it needs pulls. If this is a pull, then so be it.

That being said, there is a very easy way to make this thread easy to find. Add the RPR to your favorite boards, and check in every once and a while. There's not too many active threads to look through, plus, Jello's lovely purple colors will make it easy to see in the sea of Black and Red. ;)

We have other neat things here too!

As to the character sheet thread, I'm up to whatever folks want here. I'm fine keeping it in the RPF, b/c sheets and the game go hand-in-hand. I can also move it over here to Resource. The auto-lock is not a problem, b/c Saintheart, myself, and Jello can toss it back up.

Can't merge threads, outside of just one big ol' copy/paste job. If that's what you all want to do, I'll do it. It might take a few days to get the multitude of sheets added to the top post, but I'm up to it.

I'll add my voice to Saintheart's that I'm happy to see this game going, and the interest as well. :)

-I_H

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I figured I should make a note that my character is on a random Star Destroyer only until someone on a specific Star Destroyer interacts with him, making him on that specific Star Destroyer.

Did that make any sense at all?

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Presenting the first two storylines of the Sith:

Storylines (Sith)

Sith Plotline - The Abduction of Princess Jello
    Kev-Mas_Colcha - High Inquisitor
    Kev-Mas_Colcha - Pilot/soldier for hire
    NickLitYouAFlame - Assassin
    kit-kenobi - Bounty hunter/mercenary
    GrandAdmiralJello - Heiress to the Empire / Princess Imperial (Imperial character)

Sith Plotline - The Hunt for Jedi Mikaru (*Triggered by an earlier plotline still in planning)
    Kahn Iceay - Nomadic Jedi Knight
    Kev-Mas_Colcha - High Inquisitor
    Kev-Mas_Colcha - Pilot/soldier for hire
    Rilwen_Shadowflame - Sith Hand
    Assorted bounty hunters, mercenaries, and assassins (Imperial, Alliance, Sith, and/or Neutral)

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ...Lavos lives. :eek:

[b]LI[/b]: Is that latter one from Red October?

[b]ramza[/b]: Well, Rebecca_Daniels is a VSD captain, so if you want some interactions and the like, you could say that you're on her ship? She'll be sent on a mission soon, too.

25. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    And I don't know where a good starting point would be for my character either [face_skull]

Edit: Oh, just saw the part with tags for other players stories forthcoming. Bleh, that cleaning spray that I used to clean my bathroom has given me a headache :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.