main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    I like it, however that's an Imperial era ship

dekaneas and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    OK...that’s a great-looking ship. :)

DaddlerTheDalek and dekaneas like this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Like it or not it's entirely irrelevant in this forum.

4. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    These new capital ships are so odd looking.
    The backs of the ships look like they should be the fronts...and vice-versa. [face_thinking]
    [​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Are they what, FO, Resistance?

6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    New Republic and Imperial.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    New Republic Starhawk sounds like it's come straight off Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, not a great Star Wars name for me.

8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Buck Rogers...is...a pretty huge analogue for...Star Wars...

9. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    It's an awful name and has been used numerous times before in Sci-fi because it's so...basic.

Django Fett likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Starhawk looks like a take off from the unused concept Warhammer ship of TFA.

The Oneger-class siege ship looks like a take off from TFA concept Neo-AT-AT walker.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  11. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Looking at that huge slot in the front of the Oneger makes me thing that might be a rail-gun.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  12. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    What happened to Tantive IV after it was cleared of Rebels, did the Imperials jettison it or did they use it?

13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Melted it down to make mouse droids.

14. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    There were several new ships spotted in the TROS teaser, including the one that Poe and C-3PO were on as well as another flying towards land in a dark setting... Wonder what these two are?

But one thing’s for sure - my SW spaceship collection will grow this year! :p

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Apparently the Imperials returned it back to the Yavin base... :rolleyes:

moxlox and 11-4D like this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Apparently there's a toy rumoured to be released that has 'rusty' legs. The speculation is that it is some kind of walker, maybe an AT-ST. Just looking at the Vanity Fair pictures there's some type of walking vehicle on Pasaana, it's behind Rey's speeder in one of the pics. Looks to have about eight legs, industrial looking and the top half seems to be missing. Where the body should be, the 'floor' has several buckets that I'm guessing are some sort of pyrotechnics.

17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That was really nice of them, they get a lot of bad press.

11-4D and indydefense like this.
  18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    But I read on reddit only today that it was actually ripped apart by the Imperials and then scuppered above Tatooine. I just don't know who to believe anymore. Still, there it is, in TROS, in all it's glory....so how, when and how again?

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That's why I asked, it's like a jigsaw puzzle with three or four pieces missing, you think you see the picture but you're not sure.

20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I really can't see any other reason then for it to be as the setting for a Flash Fight. The ship is definitely the Tantive IV and it seems to be at a location that matches with the Yavin Base. The likelihood of the ship surviving to the ST is slim enough but to end up at the Yavin Base as well? They fact they built the whole ship there when in the past they have built just sections (and filled in the rest with CGI) seems to indicate that they needed the whole thing for filming purposes.

21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That's the thing, if these flash fights occur during previously shown events then it shouldn't be on Yavin IV. As far as the shown story goes Tantive IV starts docked within the Raddus, turns up at the Battle of Scarif and launches from the Raddus at the conclusion of the battle. It is then chased through space until the ISD Devastator catches it near to Tatooine.

22. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    [​IMG]
    So this is one of the most prominent ships that we can see in the TROS teaser... Looks pretty similar to the TIE Silencer that was used by Kylo in TLJ - or is this a slightly different model?

[​IMG]
    And the other one is this land vehicle which is where Poe, Finn, and C-3PO are spotted on... TheNewsWheel.com (all pix are from their article) says that it’s a desert skiff but no details are forthcoming as yet, but it does remind me of a sailing vessel, with the mast and all...

[​IMG]
    Last but not least is this one spacecraft flying towards some dark surface, wonder what they are doing there?

Looking forward to Black Friday this year, when the cool Star Wars TROS merchandise is released - and my spaceship model collection is set to grow once more! [face_dancing]

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    New model.

It's the planet Kijimi where supposedly there's an old Separatist droid factory and where the heroes encounter Zorri.

MY Millennium Falcon likes this.
  24. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Now, this is where it starts to get messy...

The Tantive IV was at the Yavin Base prior to docking with the Profundity (I'm sure you didn't mean docking with the Good Admiral because that would get a bit messy). What relevance that has to Kylo or Rey, what or who is creating the Flash Fight locations and if they are pinned to a certain time or just a location 'out of time' are all mysteries at this point.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have no idea why they built the entire Tantive IV but I really don't think it's for the flash fight. I think it has something to do with Threepio and his memories. We have an image of Threepio on the Tantive IV set:

[​IMG]

I don't think they'd have Anthony Daniels on set in costume unless he was filming. I also don't buy that that's Yavin.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019