main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - IX: SA' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Had another look at the 'Stardestroyer' in the trailer. To me it looks like a big sister to the Venator Class. It has a distinct notch in the flanks, three/four dark areas that could be gun emplacements, the raised ridge atop the fore and those red markings along the sides. Could it be from an old mothballed Republic Fleet?

Jo Lucas and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2018
    Certainly could be.

3. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting you say previously mothballed Republic Star Destroyer, after I also suggested old equipment with the AT-TE rumours. Old stuff coming back? Last ditch equipment available to remaining remenants of the Resistance? Old equipment placed in The Beyond for the FO or even another group - the red storm troopers whose helmets look a bit like ROTS clone troopers?

Do old red clone troopers come to aid the depleted resistance?

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Kinda makes sense to me. Less sense than just the actual New Republic (whatever's left, surely the entire fleet wasn't stationed at Hosnian Prime) getting off their asses and jumping into the game, but short of that the idea of the Resistance salvaging & retooling whatever old equipment they can get their hands on rational.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2016

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Thankfully the Orange X-Wing is not entirely orange but orange and white;

[​IMG]

7. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 5

Mar 30, 2014
    I do hope the next footage we see includes something new and special design wise. The more stuff we see or read about, the more similar it all looks to previous films.

Ships and planet designs are one of the weakest parts of the ST by far IMO. Especially after the great work with RO and Solo on that front.

Def Trooper and Oissan like this.
  8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Ehh, I dunno. I love those damn TLJ bombers, really hit the sweet spot for me. Do wish they'd had that stuff be New Republic though, and in greater numbers, like some NR armada trying to save Leia's peeps from an inevitable onslaught but failing/getting wasted.

9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 5

Mar 30, 2014
    Certainly TLJ improved TFA on that regard. I liked the bombers as well, I loved Kylo's TIE. I quite like what has been done with the star destroyers as well.

But TROS seems to revert the little advances made by TLJ in terms of design. The TIE in the teaser is nothing but a TIE Interceptor, and the Resistance bombers are now Y-Wings it seems.

vncredleader likes this.
  10. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    We've...seen jack-crap from tRoS. Kylo's TIE, that's about it.

Making any sort of call over tRoS, positive or negative, seems way premature.

11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I wonder if the Pirate Fleet rumour comes true and they turn up with a whole bunch of different types (fighters, frigates, etc.) whether they will feature some of the designs from the EU?