main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Fathers

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter I: An American Nightmare

Transportation Zone

Fuso smiled at him and then raised his brow. ?Social sciences. I was analyzing mass movements? for the Government when the Change hit. I served in Afghanistan in 2010. Got into my old field after I came back. Well, and I made the cross when they asked if I wanted to be reserve. And here I am.? Fuso looked at the approaching Sergeant who was their commanding officer now. ?Doesn´t matter where I go, I guess. The Vanishing in Kansas took my fiancé when she was seeing her Dad. News didn´t even tell about it. It were only 500 people vanishing without a trace, no big deal.?

The Sergeant now positioned himself before the soldiers and waved them to move onwards to the Osprey. The others took their packages and the machines of the helicopter began to rotate. 2before it gets to loud, I´ll explain my rules. You do what I say and nobody shots before I say it and everybody comes home alive, you got that? Good, orders will be given as soon as we are airborne!? He looked at each and every one of the soldiers. ?Go, go, go!? He waved them into the helicopter.
    The younger men who had been so eager to see action pushed Fuso aside to be the first, laughing and enjoying it, obviously.

The sergeant went in at last and the helicopter took of. Only as it moved over the limits of the encampment Fuso and Shep could see the whole picture. Camp Hades was not the only camp. It had been incredibly vast and expanded to each site as far as the eye could look. But the other two camps were only a mile away from it. ?That must be millions of soldiers.? Fuso said. ?Army, Marines and National guard. All reserves. Maybe even drafted citizens? No wonder they had not guns for us.? He sighed and smelled at his new weapon. ?They will run low on everything with such an army, pretty soon!?

They saw the Sergeant look at them, as Fuso analyzed the situation correctly. Full mobilization needed an industry fully committed to the war. But the industry had basically broken down after Boston. Strikes and sabotage was a daily thing now. Without such an industry it would be only a matter of weeks, maybe even days until the military ran short on supplies.

Tag: CPL

Crime Scene

The officer looked to Garret and nodded. ?Listen Sir, if you cannot show me any authorization I won´t let you through and besides this, if you were CIA you would have no jurisdiction within US borders. You would know that, of course.? The cop was waving him back angry. ?If you don´t let me through, son. I will make sure you will regulate traffic for the rest of your . . . ? The cop laughed.

?Traffic? With the city in the state it is, that sounds like you would be doing me a favour!? Another three cops pushed back the crowd. The man who trie to gain access saw Garret now and seemed to consider a change of tactics. ?Detective! Did you know your victim was a billionaire wanted for questioning by the FBI?? He shouted over to Garret.

In the background Malone had changed the sim into his mobile. ?Got his last call. Haha. Called his lawyer when he died!? He shouted to Garret, obviously very satisfied with his own work.

Tag: HS29, LordT

ooc: Had to rush it a bit, plese forgive any misspelling, but I wanted to push out an update tonight.

2. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter 2: Nietzsche was right

British Embassy

The American coughed once more and with Temps help he sat up. Not smart in his condition, but obviously he insisted on it. ?Temp. They call you Temp, right?? He coughed. Blood was coming from his mouth now and he wiped it away. Itdid not seem to surprise him. ?They wil be here soon. I took every precaution, but they were always one step ahead. I choose you from a list of former operatives from foreign agencies. MI-5 was it? You were on the bottom of that list, so . . . they might need a bit to figure it out. But they will be here soon and do what they did to my people. So listen. Listen closely. The fate of our world might depend on it.? It was hard to say if Moore made a pause to let the gravity of his statement sink in or just to catch breath. His eyes were clear, fixed on Vane-Tempest. They were in pain, but clear. ?That photos show Rufus Jameson. A Private Eye from New York. We got a tip he was onto something a few weeks ago and I had him shadowed in Nepal. Until the Chinese blasted in and we lost him in the Chaos. Our source said . . .? He spoke too fast, coughing up blood once more. He seemed to fight to stay conscious for a second, then he managed to speak on. ?Jameson. My source said he was looking for answers. Like everybody else. The Change and all that. Difference to CIA, BND, MI5 and every other agency in the world was, he did so for some shadowy people and he actually . . . ? Again he fought for breath and then his arm speeded forward. The grip was still so strong, it wasn´t hard to imagine how powerful he had been when not lethally wounded. And the blood from his mouth left little doubt his wounds had penetrated his lngs and would kill him soon. ?He actually succeeded. That was al my source said before it went silent. He found it. The damned ANSWER.? Moore nodded, as if assuring himself. ?Then he vanished, what else. And yesterday we found him. Here in god-forsaken Tokyo. He is the guest of some wealthy businessman in the St. Regis hotel over at the airport.? Moore grew pale and coughed again, blood now coming from his mouth with every breath. ?They are looking for him, but I burned all traces left. Only you and I know. Temp. Temp, if these men get him, who knows what they will do with the information. We . . . you need to get to him and find out and report to anybody who wants to listen. He knows. My source said he knows . . . ? And slowly Moore´s eyes grew glassy and his breath now was flat and fast. Every powerless attempt to catch air was accompanied by blood flowing from his lips. ?He knows.? It was the spooks final words, before slipping into unconsciousness.

For a second the room was silent. His words ringing through this silence like his last will. For six month every Government in the world had come up empty handed on the Change. The Americans were still looking, the Europeans had lost half their agents in a fire in the Bremen airport, that had wiped out ESTI, the European combined effort. The Chinese weren´t even looking anymore, but had instead started a multiple front war against most of their neighbors. But this dying man indeed claimed a private investigator in Tokyo had managed to do what they all had terribly failed to succeed in. He had unearthed intelligence about The Change.

The silence was ended when Temps phone rang. And before it rang a second time, the alarm of the embassy joined the noise, ending all silence in the building with it´s shrieking, foreboding sound.

Tag: Winged, LordT

St.Regis

Leonard gave his two companions a mild smile about the joke. Humour had never been his strong side. Then he turned to the topic at hand with the same seriousness he gave all things he put his mind to. "Yes, Mr. Jameson, although my suits are hand tailored I believe one of them might fit you. And that would give me some relief regarding this . . . size issue." He nodded. "And if you can give us the answers you claim to possess, I surely can get you a box of cigarettes and

3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    GM Note:

Actually I should have said this in my OP, but you all might be aware we got Pieces of a Jigsaw, our official conspiracy theorist thread. Well, I think it might be useful and hopefully not too late to let everyone know that the thread is a SPOILER thread. that menas any theories, knowledge from the former game and outside knowledge can be brought forth there. If you wanna approach your storyline UNSPOILED you should by any means avoid it. I enforce no policy on spoilers whatsoever there and I won´t in any forseeable future. For all those of you who enjoy it, I wanted to clearify once more that I will also never confirm or comment on anything outside the game.

To enjoy your indiviual storylines I hope you will need nothing else but my updates. That might not reveal every bit of mythology or meta-plot to you, but every single one is an adventure on it´s own, I hope. I make an extra effort to make sure of that.

Hope everybody enjoys the game as much as I do and good gaming!

-Fin-

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Margaret Elizabeth Hadley
    St. Mary Hospital

The dying priest turned his scorched face to her. She almost cringed, but composure must be held. She wouldn?t dare reveal to him how bad off he was in his final moments. Held in his eyes was a realization that she understood him. Perhaps in a fevered state, perhaps lead by God himself, the man began to speak again.

?All a lie. The Umbra Domini knew the truth. The Umbra Domini knew it all along and they stay silent. The Holy Father needs to know. The world, the Christians need to know. God. God, he . . .?

The priest?s head fell to the other side. The morphine applied by the nurse had begun to work its magic. Glancing around, Mary noticed the Father had not yet returned. The doctor stared at her in this tense situation. The priest would not last much longer. Mary decided she might as well try to get something out of him.

?What??

?What must the world know??

Mary wished to touch the man, make him turn to her, but his unsightly skin made her shy away.

?Don?t leave yet. The Father is coming. Just tell me what the world must know.?

TAG: Fin, Mok

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Thomas Schröder
    Tarpenbekstr. 55

Thomas looked at the body. "No idea, was here like that when we arrived. but I could guess . . ." He was still chained to the heater. The sight had become so ordinary, he had forgot to get rid of it. Such a shame. Robert would never have the wonderful burial in the trash cans behind the house. Thomas knew his story could not be too tight. Lies were best hidden between two different sets of truth. "From the blood I think more poeple died here. One in the room of Laura and one in mine and I think one in the flat next door. I . . . I think it was my roommate." Thomas looked around. Actually another three had been killed here in the living room and the attached kitchen. But he did not wanted to show more knowledge than he could possibly possess. "From the blood I think he seperated them and then . . ." He cleared his throat, giving his best shot at desperation, ". . . went from room to room killing them."

Thomas sighed. "Another reason why Alice had to get out of here." He whispered to himself. "She was terrified enough, I think." Thomas laughed with a slight of being hysterical. "He was the nicest guy I have ever met, you know? A boring little nerd, sure. Had a crush on Laura, like all of us. But GOD, he did nothing to nobody! he couldn´t kill a fly! I have seen him open the window for one! and then he kills people! Kills five or so people!" More like ten by now, dammned I should keep counting.

Thomas catched breath. "I am sorry. All a bit too much today." He gave the man his smile.

Tag: Mitth

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Janice
    Tarpenbekstraße corner Geschwister-Schollstraße, Hamburg

(combined with Fin)

She hit the breaks and with a screetching sound her Porsche lost it´s tracks and came to a stop.

Bierkrug!

[image=http://stadtteilreporter-eppendorf.abendblatt.de/files/2011/05/FdW-18-Inga-Pic-1-300x200.jpg]

If she was right that meant pint, or something. Stupid name. Janice kicked her door open and leaped out. She took a deep breath and yelled into the streets. "JONAH! MARKUS!" Then she saw the 55. A red building that looked like all others around here. but with an open door and a man looking drunk sitting in the entrance. She stepped towards him and some sort of sixth sense made her duck in that second.

The shot missed her and instead smashed the sidewindow of her car. She didn´t do the stupid movie mistake to jump behind the car´s door. A gun could hit through that one. Instead she dropped to the ground and moved around the car, taking her gun from her belt, meanwhile. She had shot in the garage and when she had escaped ESTI. not often, right? With a frustrated hiss she looked up and saw a policeman with drawn gun stumbling towards her. He was still two hunred meters away. A damned fine shot.

The magazine flipped out of her gun and she saw it. Two shots! Two? She couldn´t have fired that often, right? Or had she?

"Dammit!" She turned and fired both her remaining shots into the air. Then she looked and saw the man taking cover. She remined herself she had a third shot in the chamber, but decided she might need that one later. Now she opened the aft-door of her car and ripped the two bags out she had brought. She felt which one was the computer immediately. So she took the other one. Emergency package of ESTI. Had to have a gun, right? Shots. More shots. Glass rained down on her, when she found it. the largest object, but remarkable small. For an SMG. Damned, she had never liked those. Being a bad shot anyway, at least she had a lot bullets now.

[image=http://www.topguntours.co.uk/Resources/TP9-no-silencer.gif]

Janice breathed in and when she didn´t hear more shots she threw herself up, pulled her arms on the roof of the car to stabilize them and her finger touched the trigger, activating the laser sight.

But there was nothing to aim with. The attacker was gone. Her eye widened and she waited, waited to vanish. But she didn´t Slowly she turned her head towards the drunken man in the entrance. He was gone, too. The Vanishing had been faster than calculated. It had swept over them and it had not taken her with hit.

"I am still here!" She laughed out and secured the SMG. If she was still there, so might be Jonah or Markus.

Tag: Fin, LordT?, Mitth

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Chapter 1 ? An American Nightmare
    ?The LORD told Gideon, ?With these 300 men I will rescue you and give you victory over the Midianites. Send all the others home.?? ? Judges 7:7 (NLT)
    IC: Joel David Shepherd
    Transportation Zone
    ?Doesn´t matter where I go, I guess. The Vanishing in Kansas took my fiancé when she was seeing her Dad. News didn´t even tell about it. It were only 500 people vanishing without a trace, no big deal.?

The Vanishing had struck the heart of the country and no one had heard about it. I wonder if any of the Shepherds on the homestead had been taken. Joel?s dad grew up on a farm in Kansas where the majority of his paternal ancestors had settled from Germany. ?Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my wife and kids in Boston.?

Both Fuso and Shep followed their new commanding officer towards their transport to the Nations Capital when the Sergeant stopped to address the troops under his command. ?You do what I say and nobody shots before I say it and everybody comes home alive, you got that??

?Finally,? Joel said in a low voice so that only Fuso could hear, ?Someone around here has their head screwed on straight.?

The new ?Team? loaded on to the Osprey and took off for their destination. While in the air they could see the full expanse of the operation they had just departed from, it reached for miles. ?Looks like someone decided to deploy every available body east of the Mississippi. What do they expect us to do, occupy every square inch of the East Coast? This is ludicrous.?

Fuso agreed with this estimation and explained how he thought that supplies would be in short order before any of them realized it. ?I tend to agree, but let?s not forget about all the Gung Ho loonies we saw back in camp. I am sure there will be plenty of spare ammo laying around on all their corpses. If only someone figured out that small operations were more successful then all out deployments, then supplies wouldn?t be an issue.?

Joel checked his kit again to ensure everything was ready for when they put boots on ground in DC. He looked over at Fuso and offered to help him prep his gear as well when something else dawned on him, ?Hey, you never said what you thought about the Change and these Vanishings. Who or what do you think is responsible for all of this??
    TAG: Fins

8. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    The British Embassy, Tokyo

"Temp" again. It was typical of the Yanks, with their propensity for shortening names, to use such an undignified diminutive even in such a serious situation. Rudyard could not help but feel irritated. He clung instinctively to that feeling; it was an anchor in a sea of confusing emotions. Nothing else the man said made any sense. Stupid nicknames and brash Americans and British irritation- that made sense. But the rest...

Rufus Jameson.

Nepal.

Answers.

These things were just too strange. The Change had no answers, as far as Rudyard was concerned. It was the wrath of God. It was the dawn of the apocalypse. It was not a mystery that could be solved by some New York Private Eye. Surely not. Still...perhaps it would be worth checking out this St. Regis hotel. Just to see if this Jameson fellow was actually real.

The phone rang at that moment, followed immediately by the blaring of the embassy alarm.

"Oh for crying out loud!" snapped Rudyard, his irritation reaching fever point. He slipped on his suit jacket and quickly gathered his belongings, placing his laptop inside his briefcase. He checked that his gun was loaded and was about to put it inside the case as well, but thought better of it, and kept it in his hand instead.

But the phone was still ringing. He sighed and snatched it up.

"Vane-Tempest speaking," he half-shouted, with the alarms blaring in the background. "This had bloody well better be important."

Tag: LordT, Fins

9. MyrialofKanz

MyrialofKanz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2011
    Ando Davorin
    St. Mary Hospital

Ando saw the policemen and it was no longer any of his business. He felt the sensation of combat. Not as intense as when he fought. But a little. Like a junkie smelling a drug, but not having any. It was enough to make him think of his violent ways, of the power it once gave him. Shaking his head he cursed himself. How could he throw dirt on the absolution of a dying man by such unsacred thoughts. He stepped and and the Doc and nurses made room. The man was dying, it was a miracle he was still alive, actually. The nun who looked to pretty was asking him something, but this wasn't the time for things like that. The soul of this man had to be saved through the last rites.

"Sister, please." He smiled and pushed her aside with a gentle touch of her arm. He immediately saw, that the man was now not clear anymore. He skipped the question if he regretted his sins. God would know. He took his hand and went to his knees next to his bed. "Sister, could you close the door, please?"

"I am here, brother." He whispered and put the rosary to his forehead. He squeezed the hand of the dying gently, to let him know someone was here and began to whisper in accented latin: "Dominus noster Jesus Christus te absolvat; et ego auctoritate ipsius te absolvo ab omni vinculo excommunicationis (suspensionis) et interdicti in quantum possum et tu indiges. Deinde, ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti." Then he stood up and looked down to the priest. "Amen."

Tag: Fin, spy

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    OOC: The below is a combined post with LordTroepfchen

IC: Markus J. F. Christianson & Thomas Schröder
    Tarpenbekstr. 55, Hamburg

The stories didn?t mesh, not well at least. With an ESTI agent having tried to kill him with ?super human? endurance to continue on despite injury, some of it did have credence. The fact that Thomas indicated a single individual and that the individual was male, that was interesting.

The fact that he spoke of the killer as someone he knew made Markus? heart pound so that the blood thundered in his own ears. Faulty story aside, if the killer was here, if the killer had caught and killed his daughter. . .was that a completion to a part of life that yet hung in the air. Still the words echoed, condemning though they were from the one known simply as ?Father?. He had let his own daughter die, instead of extending her life if but for a short while.

?According to a, well an unusual being.? He spoke softly in that moment, his own words catching in his throat. He was about to show his hand to this man who's oddities struck a sour cord yet gave him his only leads, it was time to call he figured, as a gambler would say. Turning around he stopped as the sound of gun shots crashed up through the windows. Like a honed fox that has been hunted before, he found himself hunkering down as he drew his own gun.

?I think we should leave.? He said to Thomas, ?Quickly.? Edging forward he steeled himself to take a look as additional gun shots echoed.

Thomas took out his own gun and but the safety off again. Slowly moving to the window, leaving his "new friend" the spotlight he lurked over his shoulder. a young woman with some heavy guns. And a bag that was all to familiar. ESTI. So they weren´t all dead! There had to be a hive somewhere, one pretty resilient to the Change. Well, he hadn´t vanished yet, neither had Markus. Probably people who were too much fun had some kind off bonus. Actually he began to believe more and more and more every second the whole change happened only because of him. Only so her could play, play, play . . . it was so perfect.

"She looks like she is one of yours, doesn´t she? And she seems to be in some kind of trouble."

?Yes, best get down there.? He agreed and then caught himself, ?Janice?s not mine.? he quickly protested. ?Not that I wouldn?t mind, I mean, well. Uhm. You meant ESTI? Let?s just say we had an odd parting and I hope none of the camera?s were working when I helped Laura escape.? He was developing a case of foot in mouth to rival hoof-and-mouth if there ever was one and he knew it.

?How about we walk.? Nodding to Thomas he headed toward the stairs before he blurted anything else out in his befuddled state.

"Pal we are basically stranded in hell and she comes for you? I don´t know. She can´t be that angry with you." Thomas laughed and nodded to the door. "Be careful, she seems to think something hostile is around." And he turned up his gun and left the "professional" the lead. That guy was a nice guy, the kind of person Laura would relate too. Actually the few hours with Alice made it pretty obvious, she was his daughter. He checked his story a last time beofre he stumbled into the professional interrogator this woman might be. It should hold up. It was actually true. every word of it. It just hadn´t been hoshi who had did all this. Hoshi was one of the victims in one of the rooms. Thomas had been frustrated and angry when he came back. The reason why he was wearing the suit he had actually once bought for his father funeral was . . . when he was done with ESTI and hoshi his own room had virtually been painted with blood. But the suit had been in a plastic bag and therefore he had been given little choice.

They passed the old-fashioned steep stairs down there and before they went out Thomas sighed. "Okay, we do it like counter-Strike, okay? You go out and I cover you." If Janice knew about him, she would probably shoot first and Markus would be between them. Meant thomas could fire away. She could not.

O

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

Approaching Washington D.C.

Fuso looked at Shep. His eyes gave the answer immediately. There were two basic looks when someone asked another person that question. ?I know who it is and he is gonna pay? was the one most of their colleagues had in their face. Not Fuso, he had the ?Good question?-look.

?Dunno. It´s a tricky one, is it? Not us. I mean, it is too varied. To scientific advanced. It isn´t a weapon or a biological warfare attack. It is something like . . . a disaster. And I don´t think we caused it. Maybe some experiment messed up physics? But unlikely, if you ask me. Maybe it is God. After we all stopped to believe in him, he wanted to remind us of the limits of our understanding the very hard way, you know? Or Aliens. Maybe Roland Emmerich was right all along. Whatever it is, I am certain it got a will and it is really angry with us and a lot, lot bigger than us. But truthfully? I don´t know. And I got the feeling we might not find out with a lot of guns.?
    The Sergant was suddenly next to them. ?Fuso? Shepard? You both served, right? These guys there are National Guard and reserve soldiers from the time between wars. So we will have to look at them. Command hasn´t issued any orders, too busy. But on the field we have made it our habit to pick our seconds in commands ourselves now. I want you to by my number two Shep and you the communications officer, Fuso. Can you do that??

Tag: CPL

Chapter 3 ? The Shadow of the Lord

St. Mary Hospital

The man spasmed as Padre Ando entered the room and as Mary asked him, he took her hand. His hollow gaze met her eyes and then he leaned back. The Padre leaned over him and was wise enough to grant him immediate absolution. The moment he spoke the Amen the peeping of the machines indicated his death.

The Doctor shook his head and turned to the nurse. ?Time of death is . . .? He checked his watch and then Mary felt something hot pass her. And Ando felt something warm in his neck. It was blood. The blood of the Doctor had sprayed into his neck. Then the priests face vanished as two bullets hit it.

In the room stood a policeman with a silenced pistol who obviously had sneaked in when everybody had only eyes for the dying man. And his gun now moved from the dead doctor to the Nurse and he hit the trigger again, only to flawlessly move it towards Mary.

He had considered the nun and the priest to be the least dangerous, probably. Something he might have been wrong about.

Tag: spy, MoK

12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    British Embassy

The silenced guns did hardly make any sound as the receptionist and the two guards were put down. It was a coordinated, well performed attack. An embassy had high security standards, obviously and so the alarm went off anyway, but ?Adam? watched the attack on the little screen Beckfris had brought. Modern technology, everything grew smaller. He was unnerved by it sometimes, but the usefulness of such a device was undeniable. Their team spread in the embassy. Five up, five secured, another five to the right and five to the left. Hissing guns killed everybody in their way and then the guards finally reacted. Actually faster than the US guards had reacted, he realized. But there were a lot fewer than in the US embassy, too. Rifles, guns, shots. Noise. The alarm. The battle was on and two of their attackers fell immediately. ?Adam? sighed.

Beckfris sat up and gave some orders of his mobile. He felt without ?Adam? a spontaneous raid on a government facility was probably not such a sure bet. ?Maybe you should consider . . . ? he turned left and saw the seat next to him was already empty. With a grin he turned to the screen again. He loved the look on the faces of the victims, when they met Adam.

[b]Ghost[/b]
    [i]Watching the Embassy through the net[/i]

?Vane-Tempest. You can call me Ghost and yes, I hacked into your phone-service.? Ghost always tried to emulate a British accent when speaking, but her Japanese origins probably were all too obvious. Especially when she was in a hurry. ?Listen and listen closely. We got thirty seconds to talk and another ten to act once we talked. So you will have to make up your mind if you believe me or not on the way. The alarm you hear? That is the same men who burned down the US embassy and they are now no 200 meters away from you killing guards as we speak. They are after your guest and therefore they are now after you. I have an interest in keeping you alive. So get your gun and if you don´t have one, get the Americans.? She waited, there was the sound of coke being consumed through a straw on the other side. The second Temp had his gun, she spoke on. Obviously she was watching. ?There are two guys coming to your wing. Fours doors. They will split. One to the corridor left one to the right, which means one of them will be with you in ten seconds. Get your gun, turn of the light, point it to the door and keep me on the phone. When I say now, you turn on the light and shot the man. Understood??

Ghost was cool. She always was cool. She played Morpheus like in Matrix and hell she loved it. But when she saw her face reflected in the screen she realized it didn´t look that cool. It didn´t look that cool at all! People got killed. In her five year long career she had seen bodies. Hell, she had played cat-and-mouse with CIA, NSA and FSB the same time and if she had lost, she would have ended up dead, probably. But tonight was different. It were just so many, many more people dying. 500 in the US embassy? The whole block? Another 5.000? And now the British Embassy? Whatever the American knew, he was prepared to die for it. If the Brits only had sound on their cameras. Now she had to save this Brit to get that piece of information. But whatever it was, it was so important that the enemy ? she referred to these murderers as such by now ? were ready to kill any number of people to get it.

She had almost missed the moment when the commando kicked in temps door. Hopefully he had followed her instructions. ?NOW!?

[b]Tag: Winged [/b] (given you followed her instructions, you might godmod that commando out of existence)

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Jonathan Garrett
    West End, Washington, D.C.

The news hounds were relentless and restricting their access to the crime scene was only asking for trouble. But sometimes that's just how it had to be. Jon knew that if they were allowed free reign of the place, the scene would be compromised and it would be next to impossible to fit the pieces back together to solve the crime...not like they were having a difficult time of that already. This was going to be a hard one to crack and the tension building on the sidelines wasn't making it any easier. Petty arguments were already beginning to break out among certain reporters and the police officers trying to do their job. It started with name-calling and cheap insults to try and get under each other's skin and it would only escalate from there.

Jon started to turn and walk away from the unfolding madness, trying to ignore the shouts and demands from those seeking information. As far as he was concerned, they would get the official scoop when everyone else did...and that would only be when they had something to report.

It was funny that he would have that mentality and yet it would take only one little voice to change his mind...

"Detective!" a lone voice stood out from the rest of the crowd. Jon recognized the voice as the original journalist who had been trying to push his way through. "Did you know your victim was a billionaire wanted for questioning by the FBI?"

He wanted to resist the temptation, he really did...but the offer was too great. In fact, some may even say it was too good to be true. That was enough right there to simply ignore it, but like a dumb fool, he found himself turning to make eye contact with the man. He felt his lip quirk with anticipation at gathering just a small bit of information. At this point, anything would help. He was desperate.

At his back, Malone was rattling on about something concerning the cellphone, but Jon simply ignored him, holding up a hand to silence him as he strode back to the sidelines to meet the journalist. His gaze was hard and unwavering as he regarded the other man. "Alright, you managed to catch my attention," he drawled, grabbing the crime scene tape and lifting it to allow the journalist to cross. He ushered him forward with a sloppy wave of his hand before starting to walk.

"How'd you know the victim?" he started in with the questioning, not even bothering to stop. "Did you see what happened here?"

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Janice
    Tarpenbekstreet

He was gone. Everybody was gone and that meant whoever had been here was gone, too. Why hadn´t she been drawn to wherever all these people went? she realized that she based that metaphor on no scientific data, but it had been the picture in her mind. the vanishing working like a giant evil vac-cleaner, sucking in all souls of a city. She stood up and lowered her gun, when she heard the sound of an opening door behind her. She couldn´t do anything about it, but her survival instinct forced her to turn, gun drawn and pointed at the door. She was ready to unload all 20 bullets of the gun into whoever tried to do any harm to her.

"Janice?" she heard and her checked a second time and then a third, before admitting, that this was indeed Markus. She could not help but laugh. she barely knew the man, he had betrayed them and had taken their best lead, but probably that had been all that had saved him. She went over, allowing her gun to slide to her side and hugged him. "Oh Markus, you goddamned fool!" She hissed at him and then stepped back. "It is sooo good to see you. Not vanished and not on a camera doing stupid things." She laughed and shook her head. then she saw he had a companion. A good looking guy in fancy clothes with a gun. She had seen more bizarre things today. "I am Janice. You two . . . damned Markus, is Laura blohm still available? Is she here? We need to get out of the city, but we can´t . . . " She stopped and looked at him. "Are you hurt? Are you okay? you look . . . different."

Tag: Mitth, LordT

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Markus J. F. Christianson
    Tarpenbekstreet, Hamburg

He couldn?t see what she had been shooting at, the streets looked desolate, like when he had come here. Although the noises, now that he took note of them seemed to be muted, further away and quieting. Compounding silences were spreading throughout the world.

She laughed, that was good sign. . .yes? It was so bloody hard to tell with how this Changed world was spinning out of control. Then she called him a fool, a damned one actually. If he took the words of the one he had met she was near the truth or spot on if the man was to be believed. Then she kissed him.

He froze like Data when Tasha Yar had asked if he was fully functional and then appeared dropping the robe. Otherwise known as shock.

She said something about a camera and doing stupid things, personally his mind didn?t know what to make of it. Must be the hormones interfering from not being with a woman since the divorce, and before that only his wife. Nodding his head slowly as though to show agreement, he raised a hand to his shoulder to indicate the man behind him, ?Thomas.? He introduced the man.

She asked a slew of questions and then was concerned about him, noting that he looked different. ?I, I took Laura to someone who could save her life. I?m fine, just. . . I met someone who called himself Father and said that since I did not leave for here when his proxy priest told me to my daughter. . .my Alicia is dead. Thomas said she left with someone, Robert? he turned nodding to Thomas that he got that right, ?to Kiel to escape the Change. I was about to check around here, incase they didn't get far.?

His eyes were starting to leak, it was most manly thing but he never was a tuff hard liner. Any moment now he was sure his nose would start to drip as well, but for now the tears started to flow at that revelation. He felt his daughter was dead, and he had no one to blame but himself and her murderer.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

16. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Margaret Elizabeth Hadley
    St. Mary Hospital

The man's body jerked with Father Ando finally entered the room. He reached out weakly and took her hand in his. Gripped with sadness, Mary felt the tears in her eyes. She didn?t want him to know. Didn?t want him to see that he was to die. But it was too hard. Shaking, tears ran down her eyes. Father Ando whispered the man?s final words. Mary realized she would never get the response. She would never know what the world was supposed to know. And frankly she didn?t care.

?. . .Amen.?

BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEE-

Mary sobbed softly. The doctor was shaking his head. And yet Mary couldn?t handle it. The man was gone.

?Time of death is . . .?

Something sizzling hot shot past Mary. She jerked her head up, the tears still in her eyes. The Doctor exploded in blood, splattered the room with his own red liquid. Mary screeched. Carnage and blood splattered everywhere as she was unable to comprehend what was happening. She continued screaming as she let go of the dead man?s hand and backed to the wall.

?STOP!? She shouted hoarsely at the policeman who had entered the room. ?What are you doing?!? We are in the hospital of the holy father! Put your gun down!?

TAG: Fin, Mok

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Baron Samedi
    Warehouse in the D.C. West End

The Baron took another long drag on his fine cigar as he contemplated this news. "Fool bastards!" he shouted. "You kill my followers? You stupid fool bitches would do this? You would have me dig their graves and send them to the mystic waters? Dlo kwala manyan, nan peyi sa maman pa konn petit li, nan peyi sa, fre pa konn se li, dlo kwala manyan. This is no light offense you stupid ****s." He exhaled a cloud of pitch black smoke. "Ah, but pawol anpil pa leve le mo. To this you add the stealing of this girl that Dyson had found? That which belongs to my family belongs to me. You steal from them you steal from Bawon. You steal from Dyson you steal from Bawon. You steal from Bawon you steal from yourself. Are your own lives worth the pain of eternal betweeness, the non-death without end? None may die for whom I do not bury the grave. I am Lwa, I talk to Bondye, Bondye to me."

He began to descend the staircase, his staff grasped firmly in hand. "You say the bitch the bitches stole had no mouth? And yet you bring these men before me, mouths intact? Do the little bitches not make it clear that they desire that without mouths?" He stopped at the bottom of the staircase. "Should we not oblige their fool bastard notions? Should we not allow them to achieve mouthless transcendence?"

He grinned devilishly before cackling again. "Should we not liberate them from the tongues they do not want? Bondye tells me he sent the girl to guide my hands. And si Bondye vle, si Bawon vle. And if Bondye tells me these pieces of **** do not want mouths... they do not want mouths."

TAG: SilentProphet

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Lous Sanders
    Crime Scene, washington D.C.

The man looked at Garret as if he was unnerved to even have to speak to a Cop. "No, I haven´t seen the killing, but I have seen him take of downtown. He lost me in the traffic, but I know there were three people in the car. One was presumably a child if I can trust my heat-readings." Sanders pulled out a device unlike any Garret had seen. Obviously it was an advanced tool for observation. Then his other hand pulled up a passport, identifying him as a member of the CIA. "The president ordered him to be arrested for questioning. About Boston." Sanders now pushed the cop aside who had talked to him, half expecting him to be reigned back in into hte crowd again. when nothing happened he turned fully to Garret.

"The child isn´t dead? Or in the car?" He asked. "Listen, this city is gonna burn, sooner than any expected. It is written all over hte place. But we need to find out who killed this man. The country needs to." Playing the patriot card he wondered if that was the right approach. He could try others if not.

[image=http://scr3.golem.de/screenshots/0904/TheSecretWorld/thumb480/The-Secret-World-03.jpg]

Tag: HS29

[b]Thomas Schröder[/b]
    [i]Hamburg[/i]

"Nice to meet you." Okay, they were kinda close. Trust. Something he had to keep in mind. Looking around, he wondered what to do with this. he wanted to find Laura and so did they. They were his best bet, obviously. If he alloweed Markus to slip, he could starrt turning stones. but Markus knew where she was. And that meant, he would know sooner or later. The idea of doing it . . . again . . . . send shivers of ecstasy down his spine. but he turned to Janice and Markus hiding that and tried to find out what he could about the current situation. The feeling of invulnerbility had vanished somehow and he began to think he might just have been lucky. He began to believe the lies he told Markus. And God, did he hate that little man for it. Now Markus seemed to begin crying. Crying? By the GODS!

Then a smile crawled into his features, as he heard the melody of the[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB6THZcZ9PI] song in his head again. [/link]

Markus was with his back to him, but jancie could probably see it. He made a warm smile, trying to push the song out of his head. "If the Vanishing didn´t take Robert and Alicia, there wasn´t anybody to do anything to them. But seriously, before we cuddle a little more, who did you try to defend yourself against, janice? becuase I feel kinda exposed out here."

[b]Tag: Sirak, Mitth[/b]

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Janice
    Tarpenbekstraße

She looked at Thomas. "Don´t worry. The man who shot at me is gone. Just as everybody else, I assume. I have no idea why we were not affected, but a wave of the Vanishing just rolled over us." She sighed. Alicia was the daughter of Markus and she was with a guy called Robert? "Robert? Isn´t that Laura Blohms boyfriend? They were living here, right? And you are Thomas Schröder!" Janice laughed out almost. She had read about all of them. When she had profiled the girl, or got the data so the psych-guys could do a profile . . . she had hacked into every email, account and so on of Laura Bohm. Laura had an affair with Thomas. Robert didn´t know. She had written that to a friend of hers. Janice kept it to herself for the moment and turned her concentration to Markus again. Only now she saw, that he was almost crying. Or was he crying?

"Excuse us a second." she threw at Thomas without looking at him and then she dragged Markus to the side. She sighed and gently wiped the tear from under his eye. "Markus, listen. We are in Hamburg. 2 million people died here over hte last hours. Alicia got a chance to be alive. that is more than we can say about anybody we worked with. You got a chance. Is it bad? Damned, this is living in hell. But I shall make it out of here and help you find your daughter, I need you to be strong. Okay? I need you to stay with us in the here and now. Focus. We need focus, or we will die out here and all we found out will be lost, forever!" Janice sighed again, even more deply. "Markus I need you, because I walked as far as I could alone. If you want me to take one more step, I need you to come with me. I need your strength, okay?" She looked at him and forced a smile on her face. "Just play tough guy and I do the damsel in distress thing, what do you say?"

20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Niccolo Martelli
    Il Vaticano

This meant everything. Everything he'd worked towards, worked on, worked about, all his theological study had been in pursuit of the texts he would now have access to.

And he was being asked to investigate the apocalypse.

He would have laughed if it didn't feel so bitterly true. I will have to hold on to this key once this task is complete, he thought. Such was the way of things, duty above desire. How he longed to pore over ancient tomes of obscure Catholic errata and legend, a cup of tea close at hand, a notebook even closer.

But it would have to wait. After all, the end of the world was more important than his academia.

He set off at once to Father Marcello's quarters, eager to share this news with his old mentor. As he approached the door, he felt his back straighten, and he tried to keep his smile under control. It would not appear proper to be so giddy with this gift. Pride is a sin, of course. Or rather the vanity of pride. Have I not earned this? Or is it merely the product of the times?

He rapped his knuckles on Marcello's door as briskly as possible. There was a shake in his hands that told his excitement.

"Fra' Marcello! It is Niccolo, I have great news! Are you in?"

Tag: Fins

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Tarpenbekstreet, Hamburg

You that saying, ?knowledge is power?, it is a lie. . .well more of a half lie, he knew that now. Knowing did not change his abilities, merely made him more of a target, more of a ?bright spot? within the depths that merely attracts others. Janice explained, giving away what she knew, causing their own lights to flicker as they grew.

She dragged him to the side, wiping a tear out from under his eye, reminding him of a Scottish poem or limerick about not giving a mouse reason to wipe a tear away from its eye. What strange thoughts yet echoed as his eyes dried, ?Death is an illusion I would wager. If I wagered.? Sighing he nodded at her, ?I cannot cease to feel, nor would I ever want to, but I can try.? He nodded to her as he wiped at his own eyes. The wet rubbing off onto his sleeves ?Can I finish here, look for a trace before we leave? I already met the trigger, I just need this. Then we can go and spread our ineffectual knowledge that a Q was made of a man somehow and let the rest of humanity folly in trying to follow after. I like you, and look forward to leaving this pit of death but I need to finish if I am to have any peace of mind after this.? His gaze was pleading, but the tears were drying. He was trying to be hard but he needed to know, needed proof before he could crumble into the abyss. He needed to know before he prayed and bid farewell to his own daughter.

TAG: LordTroepfchen, Sirak

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Thomas Schröder
    Tarpenbekstraße

Thomas sighed. Okay, he didn´t believe him. Well, he couldn´t hold that against him. but it was obvious Laura was with "Father" now and not with Markus and the man seemed to have less clue where father was then Thomas where Laura could actually be. He had not run out of options, though. There still was another one. Obviously Laura wasn´t watching, but maybe she was knowing after all.

"Okay guys, sorry to disturb you. But I am not here to wait for you to figure out my private stuff. You wanna believe alicia is dead? You wanna look for traces in a house that is basically covered with bodies? Go ahead Markus. Janice. Nothing against you, but if ESTI wants to do the same, be my guest. My friend and the little girl are on their way to Kiel and that´s where I go now. I promised to come after him as soon as possible and I can´t wait for you to search for clues." He took out his gun and sighed, not pointing at the two. "Listen, I made my way through Schnelsen and then into the city center via Olympia-centre. It´s the shortest route. If something happened to them, at all . . . they will be there. Maybe we´ll meet there later. If you miss us, I´ll take good care of your little one until things get back to normal. I don´t hold it against you don´t believe me, obviously. Crazy times, we don´t know each other. Concerning ESTI seems to hunt her I´d say it´s fifty-fifty you are really her Dad, at best. But I got no time for this. My friend might need help. He might also not wait forever for me to catch up. I needa go." He smiled a sad smile and began to walk backwards. His finger near the trigger and a smile on his face he didn´t let the two out of sight until a car was between them. "Good luck."

Tag: Mitth, Sirak

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Janice
    Tarpenbekstraße

"Wait, please. Just a second."

She looked at Thomas and understood why he didn´t wanted to stay. And she also understood why Markus wanted to look for . . . whatever. they were already drifting apart, as a group. She realized there was no trust for traitors, ESTI agents or unknown people who claimed whatever. But there was a chance Thomas said the truth. And if so Alicia might die, while Markus looked for clues. Shaking her head she turned to Markus. There was obviously that other problem. Better she told him now, before it was too late.

"Markus, I guess whatever is left of ESTI is on it´s way to hamburg, to get here to retrieve Laura and Jonah. He reported from here last, you know? Jonah I mean. And he had pretty . . . " She sighed and looked to Markus. " . . . specific orders concerning you. Shoot on sight. you have been branded a traitor and believe me, he was out for blood." Janice shook her head. "If you stay here sooner or later someone will show up and kill you." Janice gave him a sad smile. "And what does that help you with Alicia? I mean you haven´t seen her in years. You wouldn´t even know what her belongings are, or anything." She sighed. "I mean look around. If we don´t find her alive, you can come back later. Nobody will contaminate any crime scene here. There is nobody to do that." She extended her hand and stepped towards Thomas. "Let´s not split. We need to stick in this together."

She knew she would end up alone in this. Markus wasn´t after stopping this anymore. not truly. Thomas probably was more scared of her than anything. Her team was missing and if they found out she helped Markus the rest of ESTI, whatever was left after the airplanes crushed into their headquarters and the rwest of them vanished in this city . . . would hunt her down. The bohmann-syndrome. The strange anomaly they had detected in Laura . . . she had to tell somebody. Before she vanished too. One way or another.

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Tarpenbekstreet, Hamburg

He was going to leave, gun drawn Thomas was going to leave under the pretense of meeting his daughter and the guy she supposedly ran away with. It was visceral, like being eviscerated and having someone slowly sink their hands into your flesh, probing and feeling about for your heart. Analytically if he took emotion from the equation he knew he should stay and search for clues instead of running off on some ?hopeful? emotion based quest to a subway station.

Then she found his heart, not Thomas but Janice, she found it and she squeezed. His own blood seemed to slowly drain from his face at her words and he knew he could force his logic through the nets of emotion the two had weaved. They had his heart.

His mind protested at her words, he couldn?t die. Not yet. He had too much to understand about this Change that God had allowed brought upon mankind. That was why he wasn?t angry with God, not with the holy trinity, not a one. He was angry at himself and whatever beings brought this change, and the thing that he knew in his heart, his desperate squeezed heart, had killed his daughter.

He smiled, he opened his mouth in a silent bitter laugh that he covered with a raised hand, ?She, she wasn?t even human. Neither is her Father Janice. I doubt the agents I killed were human anymore from the way they were acting, not in any manner we understand yet.? Then something clicked in his mind, a small tumbler rolling into place, ?The sly fox. Fine. Let?s take the car though alright Thomas, a wee bit faster than trying to walk in tails the whole way.? With that he pushed himself past Janice as he continued on. So much yet to figure out, so much left to discern, and revenge yet to be found.

TAG: LordTroepfchen, Sirak

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    ?I can do everything through him who gives me strength.? ? Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
    IC: Joel David Shepherd
    Approaching Washington, D.C.
    ?And I got the feeling we might not find out with a lot of guns.?

?That?s probably true, but with the way the city is tearing itself apart, we are going to need them as a deterent.? Joel thought of the verse from Philippians that his college dorm used for their focus freshman year. As long as he kept the faith and didn?t start ?living by the sword? he would have the strength to see his mission to the end.

Their commander sat down next to them and gave out their mission assignments. Fuso would be the commo officer while Joel would act as second command. ?I guess my reputation precedes me?? Joel said with a slight hint of sarcasm, ?No problem Sarge, just point me in the right direction and we?ll get this mission done.?

Here?s where the fun begins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.