main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sith Hunters - 7/22/16 - September 15, 2016....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Casper_Knightshade, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    That's beautiful. Now I'm trying to recall where such tombstones appeared in the Gessa series. It's something quite of the Luna Mystery line, I think.

[OT] There are some really beautiful cemeteries in Europe... the one in Vienna comes to mind. In addition to the typical classical European design ones, there are some really modern art pieces there too.
    [\OT]

Happy 2010, everyone!

3. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Happy New Year, all!

Yes: in 'The Fading Light' prologue to the main story, there were tombs with such life-like depictions; that didn't change here in 'The Sith Hunters', where you had markers for Enothchild, Dizzy, and Greta that were life-like on Rapier Grounds. In TFL, the Holy Resting Grounds of the Sith Maidens had depictions of the occupants of the crypts upon the top surfaces.

I knew a lot of European architectural creativity and artistry found their way into graveyards and private plots. I just happened upon that set of images in the prior post and it reminded me what I was trying to demonstrate in the story. Some may think it dark, but I think its just so touching, and too cool.

-----------------

And now....THE LITTLE THINGS

-- The portrayal event of Nicconee Vesgevi Coaxial assuming Bly Coaxial?s Senate seat after he won reelection posthumously is nothing new: it has happened in real life. The most recent in memory is the 2000 Missouri Senate election. Missouri Democratic Governor Mel Carnahan died in a plane crash less than a month before the election against his rival Senator John Ashcroft; it was too late to remove his name from the ballot. His wife, Jean Carnahan, promised to take his place if her husband won: Carnahan won on the ?widow?s bump?.

-- Nessie Sarch, Enothchild?s and Naressa?s dead, unborn child, is named after Nessie, the mythical Loch Ness Monster.

-- Death rays are the thing of cheesy science fiction movies and comic books in the 1950s. Before long, however, they were given more refined names: lasers, disintegrators, disruptors, displacers, annihilators, vaporizers, sonic beams, and so on. Laser bolts in Star Wars have routinely found the death mark, save for Return of the Jedi where Princess Leia is actually wounded (the secret is shooting straight): in all honestly, no one in the Saga, or in canon, as uttered the phrase death ray to the best of my knowledge. Actually branding the Wettlespear as a death ray kind of grounds the fiction into its own reality, and in classic 1950s sci-fi fashion there?s no explanation how it works or why it can, only that it does.

-- The book ?Knight of the Old Code? Raven N. Brusly:
    1.) From Chapter 22, the passage without story interference:
    It was at the moment that Sun Hoon could never go back. Her belly stretched, her pelvis smashed, her thighs weakened, and her child born; stretched soundly asleep in a crib of promise, built by her lost lover Calc. She had lost everything and gained a girl, too small to understand, too small to fight. Sun Hoon could not win. She was a prisoner now, held captive by love, interrogated by cries, subjugated by demands, made to worship what she could touch, feel, and kiss. Just as well she could no longer be a warrior, feel the power of life course through her, channel it as she will for her selfish gain of peace. The world frowned upon her kind, the Jedian, and demanded they flee or reduce themselves to mere mortals. Sun Hoon refused such a thing, and her banishment was complete with the swelling of her breasts and the caress of her belly. She would not deny the Daughter of Calc her place in the world.

?Me Daughter I shall care,? wept Sun Hoon proudly in the moon light of their joined lives. ?Alone you shall seek a world that is not there, you will love nothing of a substance, you will discover a horror known as duty, you will be told to disarm yourself and allow society to determine your proper use. I say to you, my Soul, that neither shall we seek the dagger nor the dust, that I will show you to bare you, the Naked Soul, and dare the closed mind to judge. Their judgment will come to pass, but thee will not suffer to their conformity. Alone you are your strength, for you alone must live your own life. Yet I am the contradiction, for I must show thee the way. So I kiss you now, and I must kiss, and always bless you. I say to you all that will listen that govern the power of the known universe, this is my child, and I Bless thee this girl, thy Knight of the Old Code, for it is my Code, my Honor, and my Power,

4. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Nice one, Casper!

5. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thank you, Delight! :)

BUMP! A Two Week Bump!

6. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Breaking from schedule for a moment to share this:

[image=http://www.celebrityodor.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities/other/2010/february/funny_celebrity_pictures/funny_celebrity_pictures_2.jpg]

Chewie's taking the whole life debt thing a bit too seriously, Han! [face_laugh]

Click for source

8. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    ANDRAGOGY!

Yes, it's a word: look it up.

I found some time in my andragogy to work on something rather enlightening. It covers much of the Gessa Saga, but like in 'The Sith Maiden' I'll post it here.

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    [image=http://davidbuckley.net/DB/HistoryMakers/1868DederickSteamMan_files/1868-DederickSteamMan600.jpg]

A steam-powered robot chariot. And it worked.....decades before the car! :eek:

10. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    FORWARD for the month!

COMPLETED: four volumes of the Gessa Saga, several essays, and a rough draft for a synthesis.

IN PROGRESS HIATUS: Gessa Saga Volume 5: The Black Heart.

IN PROGRESS HIATUS, non-SW: Union Man (A mummy works in a factor, fights against various sterotypes, reveals real life myths, and is used for sinister proposes) and Stoned Pussy (humanoid feline is cursed with same magic that turns gargoyles to stone on the rise of the sun).

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    [image=http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/arts-entertainment/assets_c/2010/03/headstones11-thumb-572xauto-97226.jpeg]

Source here

Not as awesome as the one before this, but just as cool.

FORWARD!

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    For the reader's consideration: writer Twilek_Aide came out of nowhere and asked if she could use the name of one of the Twi'leks in the Nadja Moranna series. I gave the blessing and checked out her works. Very good stuff:

Modern Twi'lek Culture

Dancer of the Shadows

Give her a try!

FORWARD!

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    _THE ARTICLES CONSIDERING THE GOVERNING OF THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC_

[b][u][hl=black]_[color=skyblue]AMENDMENT ONE[/color]_[/hl][/u][/b]

[u][b]Article One:[/b][/u] In absence of the approval of a recognized and revised sovereign government systems, be it of a territory, a planet, and a nation of worlds, and any and all forms of recognized power, the Galactic Republic shall refrain from imposing its will upon them and its people so they may pursue their own self-interests as described under their own laws, and the leave of governments from the authority of the Senate may be taken when there is an absence of fundamental jurisprudence at any time as prescribed by law.

[u][b]Article Two (Legal Addendum):[/b][/u] The words of this law shall be obeyed as it is written and not what has come to pass after it. (See 268th Amendment ? Palpatine, Chancellor)

[hr]
    [b][u][hl=black]_[color=skyblue]AMENDMENT TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-EIGHT[/color]_[/hl][/u][/b]

[hr]

[b][u]Article One[/u]:[/b] Pursuant of the absence of the Protocol Droid Act, to provide a more simpler clarity of voice, the Articles of the Galactic Republic, along with its bills, debts, treaties, and all saved forms of agreement, be it by voice, by text, by all recognized forms of biological communication, shall be honored precisely as it is communicated and as it is written.

[b][u]Article Two[/u]:[/b] The Senate shall redress the grievances of the new absences of precedent that is hereby voided.

[b][u]Article Three[/u]:[/b] The Senate and its representation must and always obey the laws in the manner and tone in which they have been written, as they have been originally intended, and not as it has been decided upon in an act of any recognized jurisprudence.

[b][u]Article Four[/u]:[/b] The power of the Judiciary is recognized only so far as to have the Senate redress the sanction of law, in its application or in its removal, for which in so much the Senate alone may rewrite and enforce.

[b][u]Article Five[/u]:[/b] The Senate, under the guidance and authority of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, are hereby required to address any and all manners in an expeditious manner that are affected by this law, and shall in good faith execute these laws as they have been intently written.

14. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Foreshadowing of sands falling towards the building of an empire....

Hail!

15. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Many thank yous, Delight.

Though touched briefly in this story, Palpatine's Reformation (Reforms of the Republic) began shortly after the Battle of Naboo with the 268th amendment, which you can just tell by its wording it does more than it appears to do.

This plot arc was developed from several sources: real and fictional.

The real source, of course, is the debate on Federalism in the United States that lead eventually to the U.S. Civil War. The common argument was -- and always will be in the present -- what was the intentional meaning of the Constitution: limiting the power of government, thus giving people their freedom, or the power of the government to grant rights to whomever they deemed fit to have them, without either violating the rights of the states. As the dawn of the Civil War was approaching, when the South began to threaten Succession, many told them they couldn't do it. The response from the South was pretty straightforward: show them where in the Constitution that said they could not Succeed. It became an extended argument of the 9th and 10th Amendment, when there is an absence of law federally, the states reserved their rights.

The fictional source is from "Visions of the Future", part two of the Hand of Thrawn duology. In two places in the novel, there is a fundamental insistence between the negotiating parties of the Empire and the New Republic that systems and other forms of territory have the right to switch between the governing powers. This, to me, could not have been a sudden 'fly-by-night' issue that developed from the Galactic Civil War. There had to be something imperative in the past, from the Clone Wars obviously, that gave this point much more importance to the discussions between Princess Leia and Admiral Pellaeon.

It becomes a deeply self-driven discourse in the next Gessa Saga story "The Black Heart", all thanks to these sources and what the prequel movies were able to create. I just made it complex, forthcoming and briefly here in TSH. Palpatine's amendment makes it very clear, by the letter of the law, that the soon-to-be Confederation of Independent Systems (Separatists) can Succeed from the Republic when they feel they have not given the Republic their consent to govern them.

FORWARD HO! Perhaps when I am not driven insane by FreshEnglishComp, I'll get to posting this.

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Last UP! for this thread, I believe.......

17. Zadann_MaRanna

Zadann_MaRanna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2009
    I read the first few passages.

Great read :D

So much for me to read though, I got maybe a page in a half through.

Can't wait for the 5th Volume, that way I can read at a steady pace.

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Well thank you, Zadann_MaRanna, for posting and reading my story. I do hope you enjoy it. :D

The fifth volume is long from being posted though, so you have a great deal of time to catch up. :)

Again, thank you.

19. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    No problem :p

I'm going to read through it now that I know you're being slow-ish [face_peace] with the next one.

So do you generally write out your plot and story before you post it? Or just the whole plot line and then the posts as you go?

20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    In short: both kinds, where I have the beginning and the end of every story, and the entire saga for that matter, which then I add and subtract the other details.

A LONG time ago, I wrote on paper a SW story to myself called 'Daughters of the Dark Side' as a kind of way to explain to myself why -- Being a SW fan, I overreacted -- Episode One didn't get an Best Picture nod. A lot of what was written in that unpublished story, which is set shortly after Episode One, can generally be found in every story I have written on these Boards, particularly in the Gessa Saga story panel.

In fact, a significant amount of this story here is based directly from the original 'Daughters of the Dark Side' plot. I chose my handle Casper_Knightshade because he was a character in 'Daughters', thinking I would change the name -- I didn't because the name was too relevant to that character.

However, a great deal of detail and dialogue and side quests: all that's come around while working on the story and has my writing style evolved. In 'Daughters', there was Juna, and there was Angelleia her Vhinphyc daughter, but none of the complexity and secrecy. Coy Madex was actually on Juna's side. Jurivicious Pern, who is the main villain in the first Gessa Saga story 'The Dark Hope', was the villain in 'Daughters'.

'Daughters' was written in length in a way the first two acts of TDH were, and was the size of probably five chapters in this story in total length. Great material, but not that much depth to it. Ergo, the style you will read reflects that I have a very good idea what I am going to write about, I write it well in advance before posting, give it some time as a write to think about it, edit it or change it or get rid of it based on the rest of the story's outcome if I haven't posted it yet, and finally finish it. At best, I would like to give a Act One-Six Month difference between writing a chapter and posting that chapter at least at the start of story; especially for something as complex as the Gessa Saga. That way I can prevent that regretful feeling that I could have done something here or there months later.

21. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009

wow! deep thinker.

22. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Okay, what's one more UPPITY?

Story writing update: A significant amount of work has been done MENTALLY, but I have not started the significant amount of work PHYSICALLY to write the next story. The common denominator in this is TBH's grandeur size: is it possible to condense it AND get every story arc told? It's possible, but I have to decide which is what.

MUSH!

23. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Will still be looking forward to the monster (in terms of length and complexity) book 5 nonetheless.

24. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    If you are a new writer, or even a vet, you may take for granted the historical lineage SW does or does not offer, or for that matter what the Gessa Saga does with its alternative history. Of course, it seems fantastical to the point of unbelievably. But consider this reality, sourced from StrangeCosmos.com:

Strange Mystery of Presidents John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln

Unsolved Mystery of American President

I was recently forwarded an email that stated many history mysteries between our 16th President Abraham Lincoln and our 35th President John F. Kennedy. I was in awe at all of the links between these two presidents and their lives that were stated in this e-mail; however, I began to wonder if this was indeed true or not. I did a little research on these presidents and learned the truth. Let me pass it along so others are not confused about America?s presidential history.

First facts, Abraham Lincoln was indeed elected to the House of Representatives in 1846 and John F. Kennedy was elected to the House of Representatives in 1946. Also, both were elected president in the 60?s, Lincoln in 1860 and Kennedy in 1960. Interesting, okay sure; but considering these elections always take part on specific years. For example, James Abram Garfield was elected president in 1880 and Ronald Reagan was elected president in 1980. This is not a major twist of fate; just the regular 4 year timing of the presidential election.

Have a history teacher explain this?? if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
    John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
    John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
    Lincoln and Kennedy

Lincoln and Kennedy

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
    Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
    Both Presidents were shot in the head

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln ?s secretary was named Kennedy.
    Kennedy?s Secretary was named Lincoln .

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
    Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
    Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
    Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
    Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named ?Ford?.
    Kennedy was shot in a car called ? Lincoln ? made by ?Ford?.

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
    Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here?s the kicker?
    Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe , Maryland.
    A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

-----------

This is the most populated and extreme version of Historical Chaining: people and events sharing one or many specific or coincidental commonalities. All of this, literally, seems too good to be true but is. It isn't so much a version of history doom to repeat itself because in that case its people who control their destiny. With this, it's the little things, which most are totally missed; they can insignificant or significant. What these can do is give any story, short and large, a bit more depth, and they can expand into something far more. They can be thoughtful elements or ironic: it all depends how you want to use them.

Historical Chaining is, at its best, contextual: it can inform, explain, or create revelation. Having the first Sith Maiden named Luna and having the Dark Hope named Juna and having both loved a Jedi and become pregnant widows at a young age is a clear version of Historical Chaining. There are a plethora of examples in the whole saga, but keep in mind in your writings that such connectivity can go a l

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000