main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Dooku was Dart Tyranus 100% Sith lord.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. JediGaskin

JediGaskin Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    I always thought the Pirates of the Caribbean from Dinsey was more comedy than serious, I hope they don't do that with Star Wars.

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Yes, eventually Dooku became a Sith Lord under the tutelage of Darth Sidious.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But the point is that he wasn't a darksider before that, just someone who left the Jedi due to becoming increasingly disillusioned.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Disney isn't making the ST, LucasFilm is. Lucasfilm is now a Disney subsidiary. Just like Miramax was when they made "Pulp Fiction" and "Kill Bill," and just like Touchstone Pictures (e.g., "Apocalypto" and all of those "Hellraiser" sequels).

6. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    My personal guess is that we'll find out what the Jedi were doing wrong. I've wondered if pulling younglings away from their families and insisting on no attachments was causing problems.

I see no problem with Sith returning. Obi-Wan didn't say, "It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. And if they ever come back it's lazy writing."

7. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I'm well aware. I often remind others of that when they blankly assume Disney will remove the franchise. However, the person I was responded to implied Disney's ownership would mean the Sith would be to intense. I merely pointed out Disney was ownership of other films that can be dark, over the top, and at times even go to far. In the end the point you are bringing up doesn't really matter in that discussion, thought it is a good distinction to remember in general.

8. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    We're not bringing back Palpatine. He's dead now.

Bring out some new sith into the new movie. Maybe a dark Jedi, one who was one of Luke Skywalker's former students.

Team Padme likes this.
  9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It'd be more interesting to see some alien type of species as the villains a la Yuuzhan Vong rather then Sith.

10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    People who think the Sith are extinct just don't get it. When you have the force you will always have good and evil. The Evil ones will declare themselves Sith. Yes the line was broken, but a new one can be created.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They need to bring back the Sith. Evil always wins because good is dumb.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Maybe they'll amend the rule of 2 for the movies as we discussed in the "Here we go again" thread ;)

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    True Sith died out long ago, those who call themselves by that name now are not a species just followers of an ideal. Therefore anyone can take up such an ideal should they choose to, gone is the time when a Sith had to be born on Korriban or hail from the Unexplored Regions.

14. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The idea of taking the Sith from the movies that Lucas made and not calling them "true" Sith because of EU materials seems backwards to me.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Sith are not a species (anymore), just as Jedi are not a species. They are people who follow a religion and devote themselves to the teaching of said religion, and anyone who embraces the Sith ways can call themselves a Sith Lord. So it's easy for the Sith to come back should the need arise.
    Smae with Jedi, if Luke is able to rebuild a Jedi Order why can't the Sith come back?

Personally, I don't see why any Dark Side villain has to add "Darth" to be considered a big deal. Plenty of Dark Jedi can be awesome without being Sith Lords.

16. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    For me, it's less that the villain has to be a Sith, and more that they have to be able to match the threat of Palpatine.

Also, the villain really needs some connection to Palpatine and the Sith for the Sequel Trilogy to be a logical and dramatically resonant conclusion to the Star Wars Saga. Otherwise, it's just an unrelated epilogue, not Episodes VII-IX.

17. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Star Wars Klingon style?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Wonder how they'll bring a new sith not as a main villain but a side villain who helps the main villain like Thrawn.

It has to be a former student of Luke's who betrayed his own for power.

New Sith: I'm in a whole different league than Palpatine! Dooku! Even Vader!

19. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013
    The Sith were defeated, so I highly doubt the Sith would be the enemy.

20. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    It's the Sith teachings which make it possible to tap into the full power of the dark side. Dark "Jedi" wouldn't have the same access to the force as normal Jedi and wouldn't have full access to the dark side without Sith teachings. Jedi vs Sith is the core mythology behind Star Wars. Dark Jedi do exist in that world but they are like 'bastards' with the force. A dark Jedi couldn't rise to the same skill set as Yoda or Sidious.

In the same generic sense why not just have force users who are good guys running around with lightsabers but aren't part of the Jedi order or tradition?

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A possibility for the ST.

22. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    So because Anakin killed Palpatine then no force user can ever study the ways of the sith? This view never made sense to me.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lucas logic: You need training from someone who already knows those ways. Disney logic: We'll see.

24. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, I guess someone could just learn it on their own.

Disney: Join me and together we can rule the galaxy.

25. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought it was a pretty brilliant blend of both. It's a dark pirate adventure. I doubt Star Wars will follow in its footsteps, unless the protagonist is a deranged, rum-loving Jedi played by Johnny Depp who commandeers ships and fights cursed space pirates.