main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT The Sith Rise

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by fardell24, Sep 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fardell24

fardell24 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 31, 2020
    The Sith Rise - Prologue
    Naboo

Deep in the Royal Palace at Theed, the young lady in handmaid's clothes activated a holocomm. A dark, ominous figure appeared. “Report, my apprentice,” he commanded.

“The Trade Federation fleet is in orbit, Master,” the apprentice stated submissively. “The blockade has started just as you said.”

Excellent. It is exactly as I have planned.

“Yes, Master.”

You know what to do,” the Master said.

The apprentice nodded as the holocomm deactivated.

Another hand-maid entered the room. “They're ready, Padme,” she said.

The apprentice, Padme, stood up. “Then let's deal with this blockade.”

- - -

A while later, the Trade Federation had dispatched the Jedi that the Republic had sent (or so they thought.)

“Sir, a transmission from the planet,” one of the crew said.

“It's Queen Amidala herself,” the Viceroy, Nute Gunray said. “At last we shall get results.
    Again you come before me, your highness. The Federation is pleased.

You will not be pleased when you hear what I have to say, Viceroy, your trade boycott of our planet has ended.

The Viceroy smirked. “I was not aware of such a failure.”

I have word that the Senate is finally voting on this blockade of yours.

“I take it you know the outcome. I wonder why they bother to vote.”

Enough of this pretense, Viceroy!” the Queen said. Gunray thought he could see some kind of flash in her eyes as she spoke the first word. “I'm aware that the Chancellor's Ambassador's are with you now, and that you have been commanded to reach a settlement.

“I know nothing about any ambassadors... you must be mistaken.”

The Queen was silent, carefully considering her next words.

Beware Viceroy. The Federation is going too far this time.

“Your highness, we would never do anything without the approval of the Senate. You assume too much.”

“We will see.” The Queen cut the transmission.

GregMcP likes this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay... Let's see where you go with your traitorous Padme. You seem to have a theory.

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Well, this is definitely different. But very interesting. I can't help but wonder if it is meant to dovetail with the "Darth Jar-Jar" theory in some way.

4. fardell24

fardell24 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 31, 2020
    It was always awkward, interacting with her Master in their public roles, the Queen considered as she set up the official link to Coruscant.

“...How could that be true? I have assurances from the Chancellor. His Ambassadors did arrive. It must be … The negotiations...” The transmission then cut out.

“Senator Palpatine?” The Queen asked. She turned to the chief of the Royal Guard “What is happening?” she asked, although she knew perfectly well.

“Check the transmission generators,” Panaka ordered.

“A communications disruption can only mean one thing. Invasion,” another said.

“The Federation would not dare go that far,” the Queen disagreed. (Although she knew they would.)

“The Senate would revoke their trade franchise, and they'd be finished,” Panaka said.

“We must continue to rely on negotiations.”

“Negotiation? We've lost all communications! And where are the Chancellor's ambassadors? How can we negotiate? We must prepare to defend themselves.”

“This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army,” Panaka argued.

“I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war,” the Queen added. 'To fight back is not in my master's plan.'

Soon, the Trade Federation had landed their battle droids as an occupation force. All Padme could do was wait as her master resolved the situation on Coruscant in his favour. Even so, Nute Gunray had come to gloat. “...How do you plan to explain this invasion to the Senate?” Bibble asked.

“Naboo and the Federation will forge a treaty that will legitimise our occupation here. I have been assured that it will be ratified by the Senate,” Gunray said

“I will not cooperate,” the Queen said, as that was what she would be expected to say. 'If it were my plan I would.'

“Now, now, your Highness. In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view,” Gunray said. “Commander?”

One of battle droids stepped forward.

“Process them,” Gunray said.

“Take them to Camp Four,” the droid said after turning to another droid.

As the group were lead out of the palace, something unexpected happened. The group of battle droids were attacked and then obliterated by two Jedi. 'This wasn't meant to happen!' the Queen thought. It took all of her self control to keep a neutral expression, especially when she noticed there was a young Gungan with them.

Once the battle droids were dealt with, the older of the two Jedi approached them. 'Clearly a Master and his Padawan,' the Queen thought.

“Your Highness, We are ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor,” the older Jedi said.

“Your negotiations seem to have failed, Ambassador,” Bibble said.

“The negotiations never took place,” the Jedi Master explained. “Your Highness, we must make contact with the Republic.”

“They've knocked out all communications,” Pananka reported.

“Do you have transports?” the Jedi Master asked.

“In the main hangar,” Pananka answered. “This way.”

They soon came to the hanger, which was guarded by a large number of battle droids. “There's too many of them!”

“That won't be a problem,” the Jedi Master said. “Your highness,, under the circumstances, I suggest you come to Coruscant with us.”

Sabe considered her response. “Thank you, Ambassador, but my place is here with my people.”

“They will kill you if you stay,” the Jedi Master argued.

Bibble objected, saying that they wouldn't there. This was followed by a short discussion.

“Your Highness, I will stay here and do what I can...They will have to retain the Council of Governors in order to maintain control. But you must leave...” Biible said.

Sabe turned to Padme and the other handmaid's. “Either choice presents a great risk...to all of us...” She said, and waited for Padme to give her answer.

“We are brave, Your Highness,” Padme responded. Meaning we have to deal with the Jedi, we can't do it on world.

“If you are to leave, Your Highness, it must be now,” the Jedi Master said.

“Then I will plead our case before the Senate,” Sabe said. “Be careful, Governor,” she said to Bibble.

There was a skirmish as the Jedi took out the battle droids guarding the hangar. Soon, they were flying off in the royal starship.

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was uneasy. Something was eluding him about the situation. They had barely escaped the blockade and now the hyperdrive was leaking. They wouldn't make it to Coruscant. “We'll have to land somewhere to refuel and repair the ship,” he said as he studied a star chart on a monitor.

Obi-Wan pointed at a place. “Here, Master. Tatooine... It's small, out of the way, poor... The Trade Federation has no presence there,” he said.

He tried to sound confident, but Qui-Gon could sense that his padawan was still anxious. He couldn't fault him. Nothing had gone as expected since they had arrived in Naboo space. Then there was something about the Queen and her enterage...

“How can you be sure?” Pananka asked.

“It's controlled by the Hutts...” Qui-Gon answered. He hoped it wouldn't be a frypan to the fire situation.

“The Hutts?” Panaka asked, rhetorically.

“It's risky... but there's no alternative,” Obi-Wan said. There really wasn't. Most systems immediately coreward of Naboo had some level of Trade Federation presence. He looked over the systems of importance again. All had such a presence, especially Geonosis, which lay not far from Tatooine. The Hyperdrive would fail long before they would reach the inner core.

“You can't take Her Royal Highness there! The Hutts are gangsters... If they discovered her... “ Panaka started.

Qui-Gon interuppted. “...It would be no different than if we landed on a system controlled by the Federation...except the Hutts aren't looking for her, which gives us an advantage.”

Panaka sighed. “I'll set a course for Tattooine..”

Darth Sidious opened a channel to the Trade Federation via his secret holocron. “We control all the cities in the North and are searching for any other settlements...” Nute Gunray reported.

“Destroy all high-ranking officials, Viceroy...slowly...quietly. And Queen Amidala, has she signed the treaty?”

She has disappeared, My Lord. One Naboo cruiser got pat the blockade.

He considered this news. Something had happened. Perhaps those Jedi had survived and made it to the surface. He needed to find out! Still he still needed to tell the Viceroy to do something. “Viceroy, find her! I want that treaty signed.”

My Lord, it's impossible to locate the ship. It's out of our range.

“Not for Sith!” he said and ended the transmission.