main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Sixth Baseball Draft - The FODEUSS Awakens (HEELS HAS WON)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 8, 2023.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad to return as Kings of the North!

Wang Chi likes this.
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Watching the drop-dead time approach with dp starting a reign of terror and the league needing even teams...

[​IMG]

Juliet316, LMTShawn, dp4m and 3 others like this.
  3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    [​IMG]

Juliet316, LMTShawn and DarthIntegral like this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    help us, obi wan kenobi.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    You have even teams regardless, since I'm either playing or not playing depending on which would cause even teams. :p

That said, I'd slightly rather you get even teams without me, because I don't know how well I can keep up with the draft process.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Year is 2033

Inty has handed the reigns of the draft over to Twit the Younger
    tom has registered two socks to play the game after all other GMs blocked him and he needed someone to send trade proposals to. We all pretend like we don't know the socks belong to him, for his own good. Last season, at the trade deadline, these three completed a blockbuster three-way trade that somehow backfired on all three teams, leaving them tied one game out of the final playoff spot. This was the fourth year in a row it's happened.
    Fresh off a World Series loss, Wang Chi proclaims that this year will be different, and his team will combine last year's league-leading 1.02 ERA and .999 fielding percentage with an improved offense that will hit better than .182, his best offense in the last four drafts.
    Fueled by two mid-season signings nobody had ever heard of, mnjedi used a second-half surge to get into the playoffs, where he fell in seven games to the eventual champion, after starting Jack Morris in game seven. This year, he pledges to find his great players during the drafting process and not wait for an injury-fueled need and a second-half surge.
    heels proudly proclaims that this is his year ... to win it all? Well .. to make the playoffs, at least. No really. This year is it.
    jcgoble3 is still trying to quit the draft, but it looks like once again we will be at an odd number of teams without him
    Everyone tirelessly tags @MandaloreYak to sign up
    With the rest of the world onto five-dimensional holograms, dp4m continues to use the same five tired gifs as he celebrates his reign of terror reaching ten consecutive World Series titles, all while complaining every offseason that by keeping the rules exactly as they are, the game is stacked against him and he can't possibly hope to compete.

In the shadows, LloydChristmas ponders quietly "have we reached drop dead time? should I try to prevent dp's reign of terror?"

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Come back @LloydChristmas! You need to get revenge for losing your title!

LMTShawn likes this.
  10. Gemini Joe

Gemini Joe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2023
    The Zodiac Guardians located in Cleveland, TN are pleased to announce the transportation of old Cleveland Municipal Stadium to Cleveland, TN. Gemini Joe has officially purchased naming rights to said stadium which will now be known as Gemini Palace. Gemini Joe has also built a retractable dome roof on the stadium.

The team is also pleased to announce the signing of their inaugural manager...Bobby Cox (1995)

LMTShawn likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... is this a crypto thing?!?

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Wang Chi, jcgoble3, dp4m and 3 others like this.
  13. LMTShawn

LMTShawn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 20, 2022
    I stand corrected, it's definitely the burner account of Sam Bankman-Fried.

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    How can @heels1785 make a trade to himself?

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Come back

LMTShawn likes this.
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    How can Shaq go to the mound and take Shaq out of the game and replace him with Shaq?

The rules of the space-time continuum don't apply here. This is FODEUSS

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Office of the Commissioner

The Office of the Commissioner would like to report a successful testing of the Draft Lottery and Era Selection System to be used tonight.

The results of the test (pretty much guaranteeing this will not be the case tonight for the live draw) was an era of Defensive (1980-1986), with the draft lottery won by Rx_Sith / Game of Throws in the simulation if Orange Barrels do return to the game, and won by Cubman / Let's Play Two in the simulation if Orange Barrels do not return to the game.

Perhaps this simulation is not completely a folly, as despite respective chances of approximately 40% and 45%, heels did not win either draw.

I did not run a test of the Division Draw because even I have my limits of FODEUSS-related time wasting activities I will do while at work.

Juliet316 and tom like this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So unfortunately for y'all I'm going to throw a wrench into the game. After further consideration and taking into account some developments today into which I will not go into detail, I am changing my previous statement and exiting the game regardless of odd/even teams. I'll still heckle y'all from the peanut gallery.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    no worries, jc.

[​IMG]

cubman987 , Juliet316, dp4m and 6 others like this.
  22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    jc i'd like to offer you a low-maintenance, low-risk investor role with the bandwagoners. the new gent seems to have stolen my backers, and i might have been evicted from crypto.com arena after judy attacked one of the bros with a hammer.

just need a new stadium (preferably roofed) built and all salaries covered. we'll wear bengals colors. you may have to buy the uniforms for us.

23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't intend this to be a #thing, feels like an attention-grabbing stunt the way certain professional athletes (read: quarterbacks) have made a habit recently. Having an injury every series def accelerates burnout.

But I *did* recently attend the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, and I enjoyed it in a way that I wouldn't have without pouring time into research as a player.

Also I took Satchel deep.

So if @MandaloreYak doesn't wanna jump in at the last second, we'll fly the Shaqs to Kamino to see if we can stem the tide of their deterioration. Stem cells, cloning...tide, water planet. Get it?

Whatever, the narcs can still suck it.

[​IMG]

cubman987 , Juliet316, dp4m and 6 others like this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, what, I'm supposed to run the draft lottery for MandaloreShaq?

Juliet316 and Wang Chi like this.
  25. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well I suppose the big question now is, how is Lloyd gonna manage to keep 17 players this time?

Juliet316, dp4m and heels1785 like this.